Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 01:40:11 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: My experience day trading - no moon shots  (Read 2053 times)
DanTalksCrypto (OP)

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 17, 2018, 08:18:27 AM

Although long-term investment is a logical and profitable investment, it is not preferred by many investors. The main reason for not being preferred in this sector is the fact that investors are impatient and act with faulty thinking. Long-term investments are extremely lucrative, but many investors often do not benefit because they perceive long-term investment as peak point hunting. The experience and recommendations you specify are the content that many investors need to read, which will be especially useful for new investors. Again, it is not a long-term investment to make summit hunting. It can be very comfortably stated that investors who have solved this situation have already earned a permanent profit.

That’s what I thought about long and hard. I tried summit hunting as you put it (moon shots is what I call them) and got burned most of the time. And then was being told I needed to pay for the proper signals. That sounded like garbage and akin to pump and dumps.

I’m so glad I found the team and education I mentioned in the OP. Has proved vet valuable.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
DanTalksCrypto (OP)

View Profile
September 17, 2018, 08:20:11 AM

I think your strategies are very good. Because you do not get much profit, you only gain 1% per day and many people want to earn 10% daily or 20%, and for this, they face many losses and you use a very safe method. I like and respect your strategy.

Appreciate your comments. Would be great to chat with you on discord. Hit me up there. Hope your Friday is going great.
a very good daily strategy, indeed if we are going to trade daily it must be like that, take a little profit but continuously and the key is patience.
You are surely right earring small but continue will give you good profit, day trading has a lot profit but most of time those earns who have patience of facing any kind of situation, rise and fall use to come but those who understand the situation will get bigger profit, so before getting to trading for day one should know about all features of trading for day, it will improve our earning and our skills for trading next time.

Absolutely. The more information we have the better. Signals and TA do work for some people but I think on average there is a lot of luck involved. Trading on volatility I think you can swing luck in your favour. And tight stop losses control any downside.
DanTalksCrypto (OP)

View Profile
September 17, 2018, 08:21:55 AM

Is this net 1% as we have to take in consideration the trading and withdrawal fees as well.
Agree on the logic behind that small is sometimes bigger but  even 1% is not achievable every day on this kind of market we have nowadays.

Correct - I assess it as % return on my BTC stack net of fees. So realistically 1.15% on binance as I use BNB to pay for fees. Withdrawal fees I’ve not factored in but I don’t plan for withdrawing for a while yet. Still growing.
DanTalksCrypto (OP)

View Profile
September 17, 2018, 08:24:40 AM

This strategy is interesting. But would you have a few more numbers to prove its effectiveness? The problem is that the price in certain moments shoots and all the profit obtained in a week can go away in a single day.

But in bot management this is the logic and this provides liquidity to the market.
Indeed a very interesting day trading strategy and should be easy to achieve. It is not an unrealistic thing to make as far as I am concerned, and I am sure it is a strategy that would always pan out as long as you mentioned about keeping your stop loss active, while still making use of the indicators to make you decisions. It is really a very good tip and a good thing to be sharing experience, so I will say kudos to the OP.

In fact, sitting within btc is really some good call to make. A lot of traders really will not want to do that considering that they also trade the bitcoin fluctuations as well, but at least, setting your priorities right and the priority you have set in remaining in bitcoin is honestly a very solid one and I 100% dig you on that. Also, with your very tight stop loss, it is a very solid way to go about trading bitcoin-altcoin pairs due to their high level of volatility. ADA by the way seems to be a good option to as well.

What i like about it is that I believe it is low risk. You could aim for 2% per trade if you were so inclined but I think you’d be in the market longer during each trade and more susceptible to dumps. But the strategy I’ve used is just grinding out small but consistent profits.

Over the weekend the depth charts  didn’t look that good, volumes down. So I stayed away. 0% this weekend but I’m not fussed. Ready to go again once the volatility picks up!

Ctn

Activity: 644
Merit: 259

View Profile
September 17, 2018, 10:36:00 AM

Off course day trading is the worst way to go and enjoy any moon shots because there wont be any from them. On the boundary line, day trading is very risky itself and you are like expecting huge profits or returns from your trading in single day to few hours! How can anyone be making any profit from such type of trade if the crypto currencies are either being too volatile on negative side or they may not be moving in the positive direction at all. Moon shot would be something near to 100% profits and I believe such big returns may not be accomplished in few hours to single day time which is considered to be the time period for day trading.
Kevin77
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1057

View Profile
September 17, 2018, 01:28:54 PM

Richest crypto friend I have, is this type of trader. He doesn't look for x100 coins he looks for 5% profits. When he buys a coin he puts a sell order right away for 5% profits and just leave it be. If the price drops he purchases some more, he always puts some coins aside just in case and when the price drops he uses that left over capital and even lefts some more. This way the coin drop 50% if it needs to be and he still buys more and whenever it makes him 5% profit he sells it. That way he made his coins from 0.9 bitcoin to like 30 bitcoin now because he was patient and he always got out quick and never hold a bag too long.

How can anyone be making any profit from such type of trade if the crypto currencies are either being too volatile on negative side or they may not be moving in the positive direction at all.
It is still possible to make profits in this volatile market even it is slowly moving down side. For example, look at dogecoins. It is time to trade select coin rather than sticking with what we had traded last year. Choose your pairs wisely and you may find yourself successful when you apply new strategies.
DanTalksCrypto (OP)

View Profile
September 17, 2018, 08:41:12 PM

Richest crypto friend I have, is this type of trader. He doesn't look for x100 coins he looks for 5% profits. When he buys a coin he puts a sell order right away for 5% profits and just leave it be. If the price drops he purchases some more, he always puts some coins aside just in case and when the price drops he uses that left over capital and even lefts some more. This way the coin drop 50% if it needs to be and he still buys more and whenever it makes him 5% profit he sells it. That way he made his coins from 0.9 bitcoin to like 30 bitcoin now because he was patient and he always got out quick and never hold a bag too long.

How can anyone be making any profit from such type of trade if the crypto currencies are either being too volatile on negative side or they may not be moving in the positive direction at all.
It is still possible to make profits in this volatile market even it is slowly moving down side. For example, look at dogecoins. It is time to trade select coin rather than sticking with what we had traded last year. Choose your pairs wisely and you may find yourself successful when you apply new strategies.

Thanks for sharing. Glad to hear your friend had success with this. Gives me good feelings going forwards.

Anyone can make money during a bull-run. I feel this strategy does me well during this crazy volatile bear market. For example today, no charts looked good so I was sat in BTC. BTC dumped so I would have had a huge loss if sat in alts without a stop-loss. Instead I've still got all my BTC. Happy times!
PizzaBTC

Activity: 555
Merit: 252

View Profile
September 19, 2018, 11:19:19 AM

Hi

I wanted to write a small piece about my experience day-trading since I switched my focus from moon shots and started listening to the folks at Voodoo Crypto: https://discord.gg/BN9P2tk

Moon shots are great - who doesn't love making 10, 20, 50%+ on a single trade. But over time this just isn't going to work unless you have the best TA or insider info.

Instead, I've more recently been learning about day trading based on depth chart analysis. Picking coins with huge order books (+100 BTC buy/sell) and huge volume (+1,000 BTC in 24hrs) to avoid the manipulation from whales - getting the charts assessed by the team and trading off the fluctuations.

My aim is to make 1% in a day - that's super easy, especially with indicators suggesting which way the price will ebb and flow. An example chart is in the image below (it's ADA so don't hurt me if it isn't your favourite Cheesy but it is the first one I grabbed, coins vary depending on what satisfies the criteria):

https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/457359982346633227/488851698664734721/unknown.png

I would put an order in for the easy buy range and sell when it hits yellow. Keep stop losses tight (1%) to avoid getting burned.

I now aim for 1% in a day and once I achieve that I'm done - come back tomorrow and do it all again. Compounded it adds up quickly, hopefully this time next year I'll have made a good decision.

Come and see the free charts in the discord above and say hello. Any suggestions/improvements on this strategy always welcome.
Man this is great! If I can make 1% daily without loss, trust me I’ll be okay. The problem is that some days you don’t even make profit. If I can be getting the right signals making 1%+ daily, then by the end of the month I would have about 30%+ profit and that’s really okay for me. There are people who needs more than that, some people talk of 100% profit lol.
DanTalksCrypto (OP)

View Profile
September 19, 2018, 11:00:52 PM

Man this is great! If I can make 1% daily without loss, trust me I’ll be okay. The problem is that some days you don’t even make profit. If I can be getting the right signals making 1%+ daily, then by the end of the month I would have about 30%+ profit and that’s really okay for me. There are people who needs more than that, some people talk of 100% profit lol.

Well I hope to see you on the Discord to talk more. 30% per month is fantastic.

Some days I don't trade when nothing is looking good - that's fine with me. Helps protect against significant downsides and maximise the upsides!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5]  All
  Print  

Jump to: