Bitcoin Forum
July 02, 2024, 07:14:43 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Erc20 wallet  (Read 527 times)
eagleman

Activity: 1190
Merit: 504

View Profile
September 14, 2018, 09:08:38 AM

MEW is the most popular.

If you are into airdrops be careful of the airdrops you're taking a look. Not all of them are good and legit but most of them are becoming scams nowadays.

MEW is free but if you have Nano Ledger S that's better.
aencarnaci

Activity: 448
Merit: 281

View Profile
September 18, 2018, 04:12:52 AM

Hello guys! Airdrops are very popular these days. With the tokens that you get, i?m just wondering where do you store them? Like, what ERC20 compatible wallets do you guys use? I?m a newbie in doing airdrops so i?m very thrilled to learn more about it.

I would go with MEW.  Its safe, simple, fast and secure.  Make sure you get the URL correct.  There are some phishing sites.  Also keep your password secure.  I have been using them for over a year now and never had a problem. 
Apparently, this would still have to do with which project is doing the airdrop and on what platform. I have seen some projects with their own mainnet offering airdrops, and you will need to download the wallet which sometimes can be pretty much tough for the newbies.

However, for ERC20 tokens, MEW is always the best option but in this case the OP need to understand that the only way you can always have access to your MEW as well as your tokens, is to have the private key and he will really want to keep that as safe as possible. Not just OP, anyone who is still thrilled about airdrops, maybe he should take his time to learn a little bit more about the cryptocurrency space.

Usually, for ERC20 tokens, you will definitely need an Ethereum wallet with which you have the private keys to receive from the airdrops. Without the private key to your account, or using a centralized ETH wallet will make you lose your funds, which is the reason why I said, you really need to learn a lot before starting anything. However, I still wonder what people see in airdrops anyway.
Ridwan Fauzi

Activity: 1330
Merit: 147

View Profile
September 18, 2018, 07:00:52 AM

Hello guys! Airdrops are very popular these days. With the tokens that you get, i?m just wondering where do you store them? Like, what ERC20 compatible wallets do you guys use? I?m a newbie in doing airdrops so i?m very thrilled to learn more about it.
Try to use mycrypto.com, many people say that site safer then MEW. You should know recently many user who got hacked and lose many token on MEW. Might they didn't save the important document like prikey correctly. Hopefully, with the many wallet events that hackers will make you (newbie) be careful when storing private keys or other documents to access your wallet.
xIIImaL
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1005

View Profile
September 18, 2018, 09:20:51 AM

If the platform ERC20 then all the people will be stored on Myetherwallet only.

This is mostly choosing option for bounty hunters as i have seen in the forum some of the peojects came up with neo or nem, so they were given the other wallet to store the funds.
Then once coins listed we do not need to worry at all.
Obama07

Activity: 228
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 18, 2018, 06:46:19 PM

I can recommend you for use hardware wallet. It has better security than others wallet. By the way if you already take a final decision to use ERC20 than use its compatible wallet such as Metamask, Mist or imtoken. But be careful about send your CHSB tokens direct to your exchange. If you do this than it may lost and you will not be able to recover it again. So better if you think again to decide which wallet you need to fund your coins.   
vlast01

Activity: 364
Merit: 105

Dolphins Finance TRUSTED FINANCE

View Profile
September 28, 2018, 08:43:24 AM

I am also do participate on different airdrops and signature campaigns to earn bunch of different token. I use MyEtherwallet as my main wallet where i store all my tokens. I never had any issue's and problems encountered on using MyEtherwallet, so i may say and still recommend it for all token holders ... Just remember to use your private key in the right way and never give it to anyone.

●●●●●●●●[DHOLPINS Finance - TRUSTED . PLATFORM - DHOLPHINS Finance]●●●●●●●●
▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔ Useful Links ▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
Website◂ | ▸About Us◂ | ▸LitePaper◂ | ▸Telegram◂ | ▸Twitter◂ | ▸Medium◂ |
vhns222

Activity: 504
Merit: 105

View Profile
September 28, 2018, 08:46:56 AM

I dont join so much token Aridrops as most of them are pump and dump dont have any valume but about erc20 i mostly use myetherwallet its one of secure i think.

astridwi

Activity: 262
Merit: 2

View Profile
September 28, 2018, 09:34:09 AM

I started learning crypto early with airdrop and bounty work using myehterwallet.com and until now there were no problems, I also reference metamask and imtoken for you Android users as an alternative to the best erc20 wallet
Tamilson

Activity: 1022
Merit: 503

View Profile
September 29, 2018, 04:31:27 AM

However, I still wonder what people see in airdrops anyway.

Yeah like airdrops is some sort of scam, doing this and that in exchange of $5. It's becoming annoying, really.

Seems everyone are using MEW as this is the most accessible wallet in which you private keys and this private keys is vulnerable in hacking so better to put an extension, use metamask for full security.  Though it's kinda harder for beginner but you can be assure your coins are safe.

Happy Coding Life Smiley
bhadz

Activity: 2478
Merit: 566

Signature, avatar and text for rent

View Profile WWW
September 29, 2018, 04:59:01 AM

Don't be thrilled to learn airdrops as its the easiest thing to know in crypto's just like the faucets but its different this time. You should be thrilled about knowing on how to trade and where to put your money wisely here. MEW is the most popular wallet for airdrops and it supports ERC20 wallet so no problem of using it just like what they have said. Since most of those airdrops are worthless its okay to store there.

adrianto1995

Activity: 714
Merit: 160

View Profile
September 29, 2018, 07:11:13 AM

if you are using android, you can choose this recommended wallet to store your airdrop tokens:

Imtoken

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.consenlabs.token&hl=en

Trust

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.wallet.crypto.trustapp&hl=en

Enjin

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.enjin.mobile.wallet&hl=en

I have used Trust wallet for a long time and never find a problem with them...
Koadharber

Activity: 1065
Merit: 510

View Profile
September 30, 2018, 06:44:14 PM

if you are using android, you can choose this recommended wallet to store your airdrop tokens:

Imtoken

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.consenlabs.token&hl=en

Trust

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.wallet.crypto.trustapp&hl=en

Enjin

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.enjin.mobile.wallet&hl=en

I have used Trust wallet for a long time and never find a problem with them...
Didn't have experience on using Trust or Enjin but I'm currently using Imtoken which suppose these 3 do have the same function which I do really say that these are good wallets on storing up erc20
and not only that they do have their own pool specially now where MEW transactions are jammed. Making tx using up these wallets is a good alternative.

Airdrops is already popular wayback before but be careful on giving up informations.Be sure to give public address not the privatekey ones.
pozmu

Activity: 770
Merit: 504

(っ◔◡◔)っ🍪

View Profile
September 30, 2018, 07:55:51 PM

I'm using My Ether Wallet, but to be honest I don't think this is a good solution to rely on HTML + JS for wallet, digitally signed exe file would be more secure solution in my opinion, of course you could hack this as well, but it's one more obstacle to hack, as for MEW all you need to hack someone's wallet is text editor  Shocked
I'm using Trezor hardware wallet for additional security.

elitemobb

Activity: 579
Merit: 102

View Profile
November 19, 2018, 05:05:30 PM

Definitely, I can recommend you a MEW wallet, since you can keep all erc - 20 standard tokens on this wallet, but of course there are shortcomings in terms of security, but compared to similar wallets this is the best
LUGHUL

Activity: 387
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
November 20, 2018, 07:06:25 PM

Many wallets that support erc20 tokens. such as: Imtoken, Myetherwallet, metamask, etc. I use a wallet from myetherwallet, because how to use it is very simple. if you use myetherwallet, I advise you to keep your private key well, so that no one else knows about it. because it's used to access your wallet.

▼ mindsync.ai ▼
 ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
△ Join now △
pinoyden

Activity: 756
Merit: 102

View Profile
November 21, 2018, 07:59:09 AM

Many wallets that support erc20 tokens. such as: Imtoken, Myetherwallet, metamask, etc. I use a wallet from myetherwallet, because how to use it is very simple. if you use myetherwallet, I advise you to keep your private key well, so that no one else knows about it. because it's used to access your wallet.

Imtoken ? Never heard of it before,  i guess that is a newly created online wallet ? Anyway , i will only stick on more trusted such as myetherwallet.com and it is also better if pair with metamask in order to achieve a maximum security for our accounts .

But for those who find it hassel to use metamask , then i suggest to them is they should better bookmark the official myetherwallet website so that they can avoid the risk of getting phished .
neosone

Activity: 228
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 21, 2018, 02:09:57 PM

The oldest and best wallet for the erc20 tokens is MEW in my opinion. There are several choices to choose from. There are also wallet hardware for greater security than TREZOR or LEDGER Nano S. The choice is for you.
jemarie20

Activity: 434
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 22, 2018, 03:55:56 AM

The most popular what that you can use to stored ERC20 token is myetherwallet because Myetherwallet is very convenient to use specially when you want to sell your coins in the exchange site using secondary security of metamask. 

St4yInTh3D4rk

Activity: 686
Merit: 264

"STAY IN THE DARK"

View Profile
November 22, 2018, 01:36:09 PM

None other than MEW if you are looking for wallets to tore the tokens from bounties and airdrops,since it is more secured than other ERC20 wallets and also free of cast when compared with hardware wallets.And one more reason of using MEW is you can get tricked when you joining on bounties and they can steal all your funds from your wallet so if you are using your primary wallet for airdrops you may lose your valuable asset for worthless tokens.

bustadice         ▄▄████████████▄▄
     ▄▄████████▀▀▀▀████████▄▄
   ▄███████████    ███████████▄
  █████    ████▄▄▄▄████    █████
 ██████    ████████▀▀██    ██████
██████████████████   █████████████
█████████████████▌  ▐█████████████
███    ██████████   ███████    ███
███    ████████▀   ▐███████    ███
██████████████      ██████████████
 ██████████████▄▄▄▄██████████████
  ▀████████████████████████████▀
                     ▄▄███████▄▄
                  ▄███████████████▄
   ███████████  ▄████▀▀       ▀▀████▄
               ████▀      ██     ▀████
 ███████████  ████        ██       ████
             ████         ██        ████
███████████  ████     ▄▄▄▄██        ████
             ████     ▀▀▀▀▀▀        ████
 ███████████  ████                 ████
               ████▄             ▄████
   ███████████  ▀████▄▄       ▄▄████▀
                  ▀███████████████▀
                     ▀▀███████▀▀
           ▄██▄
           ████
            ██
            ▀▀
 ▄██████████████████████▄
██████▀▀██████████▀▀██████
█████    ████████    █████
█████▄  ▄████████▄  ▄█████
██████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
       ████████████
[bustadice.
Play
bustadice]

Hero/Legendary
..bustadice..              ▄▄████████████▄▄
     ▄▄████████▀▀▀▀████████▄▄
   ▄███████████    ███████████▄
  █████    ████▄▄▄▄████    █████
 ██████    ████████▀▀██    ██████
██████████████████   █████████████
█████████████████▌  ▐█████████████
███    ██████████   ███████    ███
███    ████████▀   ▐███████    ███
 ██████████████▄▄▄▄██████████████
  ▀████████████████████████████▀
chenille

Activity: 428
Merit: 172

chenille!

View Profile WWW
November 24, 2018, 09:43:37 PM

MEW is a really good choice! It's easy to create and to use and you can create many wallets for each tokens. I would recommend this if you want to join some projects where you don't want to submit your main wallet and use your airdrop / bounty wallet.

For creating your wallets I can recommend to do it offline using the MEW files from Github.

⁓ chenille! ⁓
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: