Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 04:12:25 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What would happen if I changed my name?  (Read 484 times)
Jet Cash (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2702
Merit: 2449

https://JetCash.com

View Profile WWW
September 12, 2018, 09:54:43 AM

I don't have any plans at the moment, but I have just made a discovery.

It seems that Walmart owns the domain name Jet.com, and they use it for an online shopping service. There seems to be an associated payments processing service they call "Jet Cash". I have owned JetCash.com since 2002, and I have used it as a small payment service associated with my Baronets domain name business. In recent years I have used it to discuss Bitcoin and other Crypto-currencies, as they really are the new jet cash payment systems.

I have to consider the possibility that I may need to move away from the use of the name, and the associated sobriquet in the future. How will an alternative name affect my activities here?

Offgrid campers allow you to enjoy life and preserve your health and wealth.
Save old Cars - my project to save old cars from scrapage schemes, and to reduce the sale of new cars.
My new Bitcoin transfer address is - bc1q9gtz8e40en6glgxwk4eujuau2fk5wxrprs6fys

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
cabalism13
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1165

🤩Finally Married🤩

View Profile
September 12, 2018, 10:01:47 AM

I don't have any plans at the moment, but I have just made a discovery.

It seems that Walmart owns the domain name Jet.com, and they use it for an online shopping service. There seems to be an associated payments processing service they call "Jet Cash". I have owned JetCash.com since 2002, and I have used it as a small payment service associated with my Baronets domain name business. In recent years I have used it to discuss Bitcoin and other Crypto-currencies, as they really are the new jet cash payment systems.

I have to consider the possibility that I may need to move away from the use of the name, and the associated sobriquet in the future. How will an alternative name affect my activities here?

I think you should just change the name of your domain, it wouldn't affect you here as you are also one of the oldest folks here on bitcointalk. If you just want to change your name just to be cleared that you aren't involved on that certain website then the decision is yours.

As an addition to that, it won't affect your reputation here even if you change your name. Some will put this thread on archive as future references that you've made a decision to clarify yourself and to that said website that wasn't yours.

Edited:

And as long as you have that cat with a hat nobody will doubt you for being Jet Cash Grin
jackg
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2856
Merit: 3071

https://bit.ly/387FXHi lightning theory

View Profile
September 12, 2018, 10:02:35 AM

Just keep the avatar, You'll still be recognised...

Actually "Jet Cash" probably isn't an original name that they could sue for copyright for, and unless you offter them the domain for £10 000 000 then you don't need to sell up...
Silent26

Activity: 602
Merit: 326

Politeness: 1227: - 0 / +1

View Profile
September 12, 2018, 10:08:42 AM

Then I will not be able to call you Sir Jets again  Sad

Anyway, I didn't really know that your username was associated with anything. I thought it's just a username. Sometimes it made me think why "Jet Cash" is the username you've chosen to use, I'm confused of the "Cash" hehe.
Actually I don't see anything wrong with it. I think it will be just fine even though your name was associated with something. It's just a username and everybody can put any username they want. Also you already used the username before they even know it. But, if you're really serious about changing your username, may I know what username will it be?  Tongue

404 Not Found
cabalism13
Legendary

🤩Finally Married🤩

View Profile
September 12, 2018, 10:14:49 AM

But, if you're really serious about changing your username, may I know what username will it be?  Tongue

I think if he'll be changing his name this would be better:

Plane Money
Flying Fiat
CatWithAHat
IgnoreMyBuddy

Or you may simply use your alternative's such as Jet's TalkMerit
Jet Cash (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 12, 2018, 10:20:30 AM

I've always had a .com domain name associated with my forum identities. My recent registration of Jet Aid is the first and only one that doesn't have the .com associated with it. I used to own Sir Clips, but I think I let that one drop. I use the name "Kuffy" on a variety of other boards, and this is mentioned on the Jet Cash index page. I try to be open about these associations, it makes like much easier.

I have no plans to change my name at the moment. This thread is a bit of a pre-emptive mention in case I am no longer the owner of the name in the future. It is unlikely to be an instant problem if the need to change does arrive, and I can throw the topic open to the forum for suggestions before taking any action.

The association of a .com domain name with a board identity is a personal choice of mine, and it is obviously not a requirement of membership here. Using the same avatar would be an obvious aid to clarifying any change of name.

Save old Cars - my project to save old cars from scrapage schemes, and to reduce the sale of new cars.
mu_enrico
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2310
Merit: 2139

Slots Enthusiast & Expert

View Profile WWW
September 12, 2018, 10:22:59 AM

I think both "jet" and "cash" are a common name, so you wouldn't be sued. The problem is that at first glance, JetCash seems like a cryptocurrency, a fork of Jet Coin.
Shall we download the Jet Wallet?

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
█████████████████████████
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?.
..PLAY NOW..
Jet Cash (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 12, 2018, 10:26:40 AM

XEE coin is the coin I was considering starting, but one needs to see what happens with the new regulations, and to let the scam coins fade away first.

cabalism13
Legendary

🤩Finally Married🤩

View Profile
September 12, 2018, 10:31:13 AM

I have no plans to change my name at the moment. This thread is a bit of a pre-emptive mention in case I am no longer the owner of the name in the future. It is unlikely to be an instant problem if the need to change does arrive,

That isn't the right thing to think,  first if you got yourself named like that, before they exist then it is definitely yours and no need to change it for the sake of their payments schemes. If you're just concern of being accused of having a connection to that certain site then that's the only reason that is acceptable.

Well, I also doubt that your domain will never be accused in the future if something happens to that site. So it's better to change the domain but not your username here, In fact, they doesnt seems to have a connection here in bitcointalk.
Silent26

Activity: 602
Merit: 326

Politeness: 1227: - 0 / +1

View Profile
September 12, 2018, 10:33:12 AM

I have no plans to change my name at the moment. This thread is a bit of a pre-emptive mention in case I am no longer the owner of the name in the future.
That's a bit sad. But even though future companies and etc. stole your name and copyrighted it. The one and only Jet Cash that Bitcointalk knew is the legendary member who wear an avatar of cat with a hat. I mean in case that you've changed your username in the future, you will still be the same and people here will still recognise you. Just like Vod, whenever I see the guy in his avatar around in internet (even it's not licking his boobs) the one who came to my mind is Vod. You guys are really lucky to have your avatar Wink

If ever that you ask theymos to change your username, maybe you can just remove the "Cash"  Smiley

That isn't the right thing to think,  first if you got yourself named like that, before they exist then it is definitely yours and no need to change it for the sake of their payments schemes. If you're just concern of being accused of having a connection to that certain site then that's the only reason that is acceptable.

Well, I also doubt that your domain will never be accused in the future if something happens to that site. So it's better to change the domain but not your username here, In fact, they doesnt seems to have a connection here in bitcointalk.
Well I agree.

404 Not Found
Jet Cash (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 12, 2018, 10:38:07 AM

If ever that you ask theymos to change your username, maybe you can just remove the "Cash"  Smiley

Walmart owns Jet.com, and anyway the name is well out of my price bracket.

cabalism13
Legendary

🤩Finally Married🤩

View Profile
September 12, 2018, 10:42:45 AM

Walmart owns Jet.com, and anyway the name is well out of my price bracket.

Then how about going further into Cashless, even we know that your a rich folk Grin
Jet Cash (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 12, 2018, 11:04:38 AM

I've been doing a bit of research, and I've found out that somebody is starting a "JetCash" crypto. They are using the .org domain name. This is not associated with me, and I have no knowledge of the site, the operators or the possible coin. I would suggest that anyone considering using, or investing in the coin should approach it with extreme caution. Any organisation that tries to capitalise on my name must be suspect.

They will be aware of me, as anyone registering a name should look at the .com first before registering and alternative TLD.

LoyceV
Legendary

Activity: 3290
Merit: 16555

Thick-Skinned Gang Leader and Golden Feather 2021

View Profile WWW
September 12, 2018, 11:07:25 AM

It seems that Walmart owns the domain name Jet.com, and they use it for an online shopping service. There seems to be an associated payments processing service they call "Jet Cash". I have owned JetCash.com since 2002
IANAL, but if you've owned the domain for 16 years, I don't expect they can easily force you to surrender the domain. That leaves the option of buying it from you, which means they'll have to make a very decent offer.
The 50BTC needed to change your forum name will of course be included in the negotiations Cheesy

My suggestion if it ever comes to that: Cash Jet. If you consider this nick, you should probably claim it now.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
Jet Cash (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 12, 2018, 11:33:05 AM

I didn't register the name to sell it, and I would prefer to keep it to go with my current board identity.

I'm a bit shocked by all the sites that are trying to cash in on the name. There is even a horse called "Jet Cash", and it isn't a unicorn.
I need to put together a page clarifying my situation, but as a quick guide, here is some information that may be of note for members.

I have two alts - JetAid and Talk Merit.

JetCash.com is the web site for Jet Cash
JetCash.com/jet-aid is the web directory for JetAlt
TalkMerit.com is the web site for Talk Merit
TalkMerit.com/support is the support ticket system for Jet cash and Talk Merit
TalkMerit.com/the-source Is the Jet Cash merit source blog
FitToTalk.com/english-talk Is the Jet Talk English language training site[/url]
Baronets.com is my domain name investment service.
upr8.com is my domain associated with my Steemit activity (which aren't very active)
JetCash.com/ask-a-legendary is the ask a legendary Q and A site.

I own over 500 domain names, so this is only a small part of my activities, but, from memory, I think they are the most relevant for BitcoinTalk. However, I expect I have forgotten a few.

Welsh
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3248
Merit: 4110

View Profile
September 12, 2018, 12:17:19 PM

I've been doing a bit of research, and I've found out that somebody is starting a "JetCash" crypto. They are using the .org domain name. This is not associated with me, and I have no knowledge of the site, the operators or the possible coin. I would suggest that anyone considering using, or investing in the coin should approach it with extreme caution. Any organisation that tries to capitalise on my name must be suspect.

They will be aware of me, as anyone registering a name should look at the .com first before registering and alternative TLD.

Probably are. I'm surprised we don't see more of this sort of thing. People using other reputable members names, and knocking out their scam coin. They've tried everything else, and its only a matter of time. I haven't done any research into the matter, but I'm sure some have used theymos' name Cheesy
Jet Cash (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 12, 2018, 12:19:51 PM

Probably are. I'm surprised we don't see more of this sort of thing. People using other reputable members names, and knocking out their scam coin. They've tried everything else, and its only a matter of time. I haven't done any research into the matter, but I'm sure some have used theymos' name Cheesy

What would you suggest I do if they announce an ICO in Bitcoin Talk?

JetAid

Activity: 122
Merit: 20

Jet Cash's better half

View Profile WWW
September 12, 2018, 01:02:51 PM

@Jet Cash

Don't forget Jazz Pics - your royalty free image gallery

https://jazzpics.com/

I disabled Fit to Talk registrations because of applications by non-member spammers. Click here to send me a PM if you would like to join.
jackg
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2856
Merit: 3071

https://bit.ly/387FXHi lightning theory

View Profile
September 12, 2018, 01:30:23 PM

What would you suggest I do if they announce an ICO in Bitcoin Talk?

Make a coin with the name now. Make it a bitcoin clone and then fork it later into a better coin...
Makkara

Activity: 1064
Merit: 166

View Profile
September 12, 2018, 01:59:58 PM

i thought was a thread opened by a newbie.

honestly i don't understand the point of opening these "my little diary" threads in here. Roll Eyes

Pi Network - mining app for phone: https://minepi.com/spippolino
Blockfolio trading: https://blockfolio.com/trading?r=MvFRE7EX98
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: