Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 05:09:46 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How to bulk order 500 S9/L3+ from Bitmain?  (Read 270 times)
ChewyBongo (OP)

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 12, 2018, 06:02:58 PM
Last edit: September 12, 2018, 06:21:19 PM by ChewyBongo

Hey guys. Looking into setting up a large scale farm (been small for over a year now).

How do I go about ordering 500 ASICS from Bitmain? Do they allow coupons? I have a few hundred 50$ coupons. I’ve tried finding their sales email, no luck. Does anyone know the shipping process for this? I’d imagine a container, as UPS is extremely expensive.

Also, for power distribution... how are large scale farms doing it? Surely they just not be using a million PDU strips. That’s insanely expensive. Where are the miners plugging into if not a a PDU? I guess I’ll talk to my electrician. But if anyone could answer that’d be great.

Please y’all, let me know.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to get the maximum amount of activity points possible, you just need to post once per day on average. Skipping days is OK as long as you maintain the average.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
tim-bc

Activity: 538
Merit: 175

View Profile
September 12, 2018, 06:57:26 PM

Bitmain does allow coupons, and you can only use one coupon per miner. You can submit requests at https://support.bitmain.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

Sometimes Bitmain will fulfill orders with UPS, but not for much more than 200 miners at once. Otherwise they will likely be shipped in a container and then loaded onto a freight truck.

I haven't seen any large mining farms not use PDUs. It just factors into the cost of setup. Good PDUs can support 10-15 miners each if you set everything up right.

Ignore scammers on Skype, Telegram, etc. I will only ever contact you via forum PMs. See profile for fingerprint.
ChewyBongo (OP)

View Profile
September 12, 2018, 09:16:38 PM

Thanks! Okay so about PDUs...

Seems like most PDUs are 30A, so that can’t support more than 6 miners or so miners if math is correct. 60A PDUs are like 400-500$, and that’s what like per 12 miners? That’s 4k in PDU per 100 miners, crazy!! Surely there is a cheaper way, or I’m not looking at the right tech.

I have 30A tripplite PDUs but only a few dozen miners so it works good. Large scale though, it’s very expensive. 20k in PDUs??
adaseb
Legendary

Activity: 3738
Merit: 1708

View Profile
September 12, 2018, 09:31:35 PM

Since we are in a bear market you are better off contacting some farms which are liquidating their equipment due to the price declines.

If you post in the Classified section of Bitcointalk you might run into better luck there.

Always remember to use escrow and only buy from reputable people.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
fanatic26_

Activity: 294
Merit: 129

View Profile
September 12, 2018, 10:17:36 PM

You have to look into the secondary market if you want cost effective PDUs in bulk.

It really is just the way to go. My facility has 3024 30 amp PDUs in the production environment.

Also if you are talking about how many miners you can NOT run 6 s9s on a 30amp PDU. S9s draw 7 amps or more, we run 4 per PDU and that is about the maximum, officially its a bit too much running 28 amps on a 30 amp PDU but I have been doing it for years.
Maxumark

Activity: 159
Merit: 108

View Profile
September 13, 2018, 12:13:33 AM

You have to look into the secondary market if you want cost effective PDUs in bulk.

It really is just the way to go. My facility has 3024 30 amp PDUs in the production environment.

Also if you are talking about how many miners you can NOT run 6 s9s on a 30amp PDU. S9s draw 7 amps or more, we run 4 per PDU and that is about the maximum, officially its a bit too much running 28 amps on a 30 amp PDU but I have been doing it for years.

You must be on single phase. On 3 phase you can run 6 S9s per 3 phase PDU.

-M

Mining LTC and other alts since 2014 when I thought I missed the BTC train.
ChewyBongo (OP)

View Profile
September 13, 2018, 12:55:07 AM

Really? I’m running 5 L3+ miners on a 220V 30A PDU. They are all overclocked 20% from stock. Never had any issues. S9s could be a different story though.

ChewyBongo (OP)

View Profile
September 13, 2018, 01:02:22 AM

Since we are in a bear market you are better off contacting some farms which are liquidating their equipment due to the price declines.

If you post in the Classified section of Bitcointalk you might run into better luck there.

Always remember to use escrow and only buy from reputable people.

As in PDUs or the actual miners? Bitmain is selling the L3+ for 195, but take 50$ with coupon. I imagine itd be hard to find miners cheaper than 145$. And, these are new, not miners that have been through who knows what for the past year or two.

You really think farms are selling L3+ below those prices? If so, I?ll do some contacting. But I wouldnt think so.
lunobird

Activity: 846
Merit: 115

View Profile
September 13, 2018, 02:30:18 AM

I would talk with collations facility like minery tech. A lot of customers want to get rid of s9 and L3+.

This is best way to avoid import charges. Last z9 mini shipment was 25 percent of cost in fees
octominer

Activity: 248
Merit: 8

View Profile WWW
September 13, 2018, 06:18:44 AM

Hey! OCTOMINER here. We manufacture & sell GPU miners but also bulk sell Bitmains products. Our office is based in Shenzhen and we can source Bitmain products for a very good price for our bulk customers.
We have helped multiple 5MW+ mining facilities with their setup. Our hardware and service quality is top notch, you can google us. Smiley

Shoot me a PM, we can help you get set up with all the hardware. We work directly with a solid PDU manufacturer also, we can provide custom PDU solutions to you if needed.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: