Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 10:45:43 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Walmart Sells Bitcoin at $1  (Read 628 times)
trungquoc4622342

Activity: 62
Merit: 4

View Profile WWW
September 14, 2018, 04:51:41 PM

That is an absurd but quite interesting thing. It is possible that Bitcoin will be legalized and children will be given Bitcoin.

●●⚫  CRYPTONITY  ▐|  The Crypto Community Exchange ▐|
Public Sale 1 Starts: Nov 1, 2018 ▐|● https://tokensale.cryptonity.io

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
aray80

Activity: 420
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 14, 2018, 05:16:26 PM

This idea is very good in promoting bitcoin because bitcoin will be known by children and will be an interesting conversation when they play ...
Gabrielexas (OP)

Activity: 64
Merit: 3

View Profile WWW
September 15, 2018, 07:28:42 PM

Did someone here has already find any of these for sell at Walmart? Not sure if it can be find on all of them or maybe only some?
omorfi

Activity: 728
Merit: 264

View Profile
September 15, 2018, 07:38:04 PM

I wouldd love to taste that bitcoin chocolate. Humm its good to know that i can buy 1 million bitcoin chocolate for only 1 BTC  Roll Eyes Great bitcoin promotion from Walmart
crypto_Butterfly

Activity: 186
Merit: 13

View Profile
September 15, 2018, 07:59:32 PM

That is a marketing tactics just to get few more people mate.
cryptofeel

Activity: 154
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 15, 2018, 08:06:25 PM

It is good to know that a major sales outlet like Walmart is selling (and probably accepting) bitcoins in the single unit dollar range. It is a boost and a turn around for the market as well as sending a message to the pessimist that the sales outlet is ready to accept the bitcoin. It is also a sense that they have an eye for remaining relevant.
swaggerkeme

Activity: 162

View Profile
September 15, 2018, 08:23:49 PM

This is a great piece, bitcoin and the world of Crypto is really going far. The new generation of children needs to have a  knowledge of Bitcoin and the crypto world. This is great in the right sense. Walmart and other popular sites can help promote bitcoin to the rest of the world who are yet to know about bitcoin.
onaiwusun

Activity: 154

View Profile WWW
September 15, 2018, 08:27:14 PM

I was almost stunned by the heading, I am sure the chocolates will have same effect on bitcoin advocates, it will drive bitcoin mainstream, which is what we all desire
IamKnowledge

Activity: 98

View Profile
September 15, 2018, 08:31:40 PM

Great post colleague. Bitcoin is good and hence we need people to advertise it. If this is the means by which Walmart will helps with the advertisement, then I think is not bad....lol
Munxgauzen

Activity: 126
Merit: 2

View Profile WWW
September 15, 2018, 08:37:09 PM

Advertising has always been the engine of progress. Bitcoin will know how to Coca-Cola in a few years. Wink
BertoloyBTC

Activity: 196

View Profile
September 15, 2018, 08:46:22 PM

If this is real then it is good for cryptocurrency ,because we need this kind of connection , establishment that really goes with cryptocurrency ,which start with bircoin, walmart is large distributor of different products and very well known ,so the collaboration of bitcoin and walmart will add the trust of the people to cryptocurrency.
cxmyifan16

Activity: 377

The Premier Digital Asset Management Ecosystem

View Profile
September 15, 2018, 08:54:05 PM

I haven't heard about this,sounds great, i would like to buy such coins as the price is great and later we will be able to sell and earn a huge amount of money because btc will be popular for long

iamike

Activity: 314
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 15, 2018, 09:30:26 PM

What a marketing strategy. This particular approach really gives exposure to bitcoin and people get to understand it better. We have to employ this kind of approach.
sunsilk

Activity: 2912
Merit: 620

View Profile
September 15, 2018, 09:43:55 PM

Did someone here has already find any of these for sell at Walmart? Not sure if it can be find on all of them or maybe only some?
I haven't bought because I'm far away but that's legit.

Walmart is now selling bitcoins for $1

If you live nearby there, you've got to try it for yourself. Its more interesting on how it taste this advertisement made me remember the old times where I used to buy this type of chocolate before.

I hope they won't remove that bitcoin for $1 to their gondola or it should be there permanently.

Gabrielexas (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 16, 2018, 11:35:25 AM

Would be nice to see this in Europe as well like in places such as Tesco and Sainsburys supermarkets.
bellamente

Activity: 420

View Profile WWW
September 16, 2018, 11:41:55 AM

This is a very cool idea! The more people will know and invest in bitcoin, the better for the entire crypto community.

This is good marketing for both the manufacturer and for the Crypto-currency

ranman09

Activity: 756
Merit: 112

View Profile
September 16, 2018, 12:45:25 PM

They knew this move was going to get a decent amount of publicity, and they got it.

I mean, look at this LOL. shots fired:

it doesn't come with a private key of a loaded bitcoin address, does it? Roll Eyes Tongue
Frankford should attach a random private key on each chocolate as a gimmick  
they don't even need to load bitcoin into addresses, just generate private key sequentially
then let buyers check the balance on the explorer and steal someone's bitcoin Grin

Haha at first I was like, WOW they really accept bitcoin?? and then I saw this, Oh okay they named a chocolate as bitcoin.. So is it a good side on bitcoin? Bitcoin will be much more like a sweet for kids and all who sees it.

Well, atleast they know there is bitcoin, but as a chocolate.
Gabrielexas (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 16, 2018, 05:53:42 PM

I can see Walmart and some other big corporation alike to accept bitcoin in the future. However I wonder why this idea for Walmart came about. It is purely because they think it can be a popular sell or does it have a meaning behind? Is perhaps Walmart interested in spreading the word because maybe it has investments in bitcoin, or are they mocking bitcoin and trying to convey the message that bitcoin is worthless by placing the $1 USD board and trying to make an association. I just wonder on which side of the fence really Walmart stands. Either they want to spread the word or maybe some banks have paid them to try to put the bitocin reputation down. I'm more inclined to the first.
Gabrielexas (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 17, 2018, 03:08:56 PM

I haven't heard about this,sounds great, i would like to buy such coins as the price is great and later we will be able to sell and earn a huge amount of money because btc will be popular for long

Have you found this on your local walmart?
BillyBee

Activity: 39

View Profile
September 29, 2018, 02:01:42 PM

Has anyone here found any of these for sale at Walmart? I would have liked to taste that bitcoin chocolate. Great bitcoin promotion from Walmart
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: