Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 08:56:14 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bounty needs KYC to receive reward?  (Read 2340 times)
jimely0907

Activity: 199
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 07, 2018, 10:42:39 AM

Other bounty and some airdrop need kyc, some other airdrop dont need a kyc, i think kyc is good for airdrop so that the security of the airdrop or bounty site is secured

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: the cutting edge of begging technology." -- Giraffe.BTC
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Vilagra

Activity: 672
Merit: 109

View Profile
October 07, 2018, 10:55:34 AM

Reasons:
- To control spam
- To avoid users who uses multiple accounts
- To avoid cheaters
- To avoid abusers
- To get personal infos and used to illegal works (It might be right?)

KYC doesn't help to avoid multiple accounts and cheaters, I know some people that pass KYC for 30 -50 accounts in good projects and then sell these accounts to investors who want to invest but don't have an account, in similar way a bounty hunter can pass KYC multiple times using documents of his/her friends or relatives. How does KYC control spam? It's unclear for me.

R A D I X   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   The Decentralized Finance Protocol
█████████ GET TOKENS █████████    Facebook      Telegram      Twitter
The Radix DeFi Protocol is    SCALABLE SECURE COMMUNITY DRIVEN
passivebesiege

Activity: 854
Merit: 502

CTO & Spokesman

View Profile WWW
October 07, 2018, 11:06:48 AM

Reasons:
- To control spam
- To avoid cheaters
- To avoid abusers

KYC doesn't help to avoid multiple accounts and cheaters, I know some people that pass KYC for 30 -50 accounts in good projects and then sell these accounts to investors who want to invest but don't have an account, in similar way a bounty hunter can pass KYC multiple times using documents of his/her friends or relatives. How does KYC control spam? It's unclear for me.

Actually you have a point, but that is the reason why most of the bounty campaign are needs an KYC for bounty participants to avoid multiple accounts or cheaters.
EmmettBrownRu

Activity: 448
Merit: 100

The Protocol for the Audience Economy

View Profile
October 07, 2018, 11:08:19 AM

Only KYC will save the bounty industry from multiaccountry. I consider this procedure simply necessary and indispensable.

bitok_1979

Activity: 252
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 07, 2018, 11:09:23 AM

But after all, the fact that the project proposes to go through the KYC does not mean that it is not a scam and therefore many do not want to go through are not sure that the project is good

glYff◆      PRIVACY for smart contracts and beyond   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   is a decentralized internet platform delivering
   [   WHITEPAPER   ]   ◥ telegram   ◥ github   ◥ linkedin             anonymous asset transfers and data 
                             ❱❱❱   JOIN GLYFF   ❰❰❰                     privacy for smart contracts. 
Anita1873

Activity: 406

View Profile WWW
October 09, 2018, 04:47:05 AM
Last edit: October 09, 2018, 06:09:34 AM by Anita1873

KYC is needful to identify the real bounty hunter as nowadays many spammers are entered in various bounty campaigns and taking rewards by the wrong way from bounties.

PTON PRE-SALE Live    █████████████     FORESTING     █████████████   PARTICIPATE NOW!
  █████ next-generation social media service based on blockchain technology   ██████
██ █  Twitter ● Facebook ● Youtube ● Telegram [EN] ● Telegram [KOR] ● Medium  █ ██ █ 
spaso_87

Activity: 224
Merit: 1

View Profile
October 09, 2018, 05:18:13 AM

Reasons:
- To control spam
- To avoid cheaters
- To avoid abusers

This makes the KYC is important enough for the bounty hunter. The double account is certainly quite a lot, and I am sure this will give bad influence for the results for such a small account that I have. at least with the KYC is becoming slightly reduced and made it increasingly fair. Perhaps many are not liking it because it also has the risk but it is also fair when it should be required.
styca

Activity: 1078
Merit: 354

View Profile
October 09, 2018, 05:22:54 AM

Some projects do genuinely want KYC information in order to cover themselves against any potential legal action. This is just a precaution given the vagueness of laws around crypto.
However there are certainly people out there who want this information as part of a scam to obtain valuable personal details.
Just another reason to be careful I suppose.
entebah

Activity: 1544
Merit: 153

View Profile
October 09, 2018, 06:29:04 AM

Yes, I thought it was appropriate for the bounty hunters to make KYC when participating in the Bounty campaign, because there were so many bounty participants using fake accounts to participate in the campaign. That is clearly strictly prohibited, so I strongly agree that the bounty hunter must make a KYC.
wakeham8

Activity: 252

View Profile
October 09, 2018, 06:42:44 AM

Bounty needs KYC, because it will protect the project from a lot of scammers. But did you think, that our data is really safe? When 20k people passed the KYC and an ICO has gone scam, what happens to out data then.
manwithsuit909

Activity: 98

View Profile
October 09, 2018, 06:45:59 AM

I've been in the bounties in this past few weeks in order to do something in order to have some earnings in my free time, probably to join a signature campaign since it's doesn't required a full time to do it and you hold your own time to complete the tasks needed by the campaign.

After hovering for a couple of page there's one campaign that gets my attention because of its presentation and the concept and solutions of their project to the existing problem (Whitepaper) so to make it short it's a legitimate project, after reading the thread there's a note stated that "Campaign requires KYC." well i'm not from the US but this concerns me, for what I've known a KYC stands for "Know your CUSTOMER" so basically it's for the investors or the customer of the certain project.

According to Wikipedia a "Know your customer is the process of a business verifying the identity of its clients and assessing potential risks of illegal intentions for the business relationship. The term is also used to refer to the bank regulations and anti-money laundering regulations which govern these activities."

In my understanding a KYC is a document needed in order to know the credibility of a certain person (investor) if the money they going to invest came from illegal works, money laundering and also to know the status of a person if he/she is has a criminal records for the certain country, etc. but in this case it's required in order to get the rewards.

As a bounty hunter and a fellow forum user this concerns me. Giving personal details to anyone on the internet is VERY DANGEROUS in today's era we can't live without using technologies including online banking, etc. it means they can use your personal datas in order to do illegal works and the likes, but let me give you the advantages and disadvantages of it (According to my own perspective) why they're requiring users to pass KYC documents in doing bounty works.

Reasons:
- To control spam
- To avoid cheaters
- To avoid abusers

Effects: (For bounty hunters)
- Risk

Summary:
There are different possible reasons why the project requires the users to submit KYC documents. Probably a good reason or a bad reason but no matter what sending a personal documents or a personal valid ID is very risk for the users.

Solutions:
There are some ways in order to avoid risk in sending personal details/KYC to bounty campaigns
- Review the project
- Read every technical details
- Review each team member
- If the projects seems unprofessional it's a scam

but the safest way is not to send any information of yourself on the internet.

Disclaimer: All of the statement, solutions, etc. above are according to my observations, opinions and perspective on the said topic it might be right to others or wrong to others. This section might be wrong (I don't know where to post, maybe in meta? please correct me.) but I posted here because most of the bounty hunters are wandering in this section.

KYC is so common sense why it exists ,and i dont know why so many retard think this is extra job lmao
BTW thanks for the sharing to let noobies learn
Vargum

Activity: 322

WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN

View Profile WWW
October 09, 2018, 06:47:21 AM

Unless of course you are confident in the project, in the team, then passing KYC is possible, but mostly it is not all bounty campaigns. Passing a KYC is necessary if it is required by the government of some countries, in accordance with their legislation and there is no other way.

﹏﹏﹋﹌﹌ WPP ENERGY ﹌﹌﹋﹏﹏
☆═══━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═══☆
≈ WORLD POWER PRODUCTION ≈

【 BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN 】
☆═━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═☆
Lhaine

Activity: 742
Merit: 128

Coinbene.com - Experience Fast Crypto Trading

View Profile
October 09, 2018, 07:04:55 AM

Unless of course you are confident in the project, in the team, then passing KYC is possible, but mostly it is not all bounty campaigns. Passing a KYC is necessary if it is required by the government of some countries, in accordance with their legislation and there is no other way.

By the government of some countries? Actually KYC is for the ICO investors not for bounty participants, but now most of the bounty campaign are KYC needed to get your rewards. Well the only thing we have to do is follow the rules, because there are some reasons why they required it,  is to avoid multiple accounts, cheater.
Nexus77

Activity: 504
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 09, 2018, 07:05:51 AM

it's very good to be able to avoid cheating in the bounty campaign and participants. because now more and more participants are cheating in following a bounty campaign
BTMgoMoon

Activity: 101

View Profile
October 09, 2018, 07:50:09 AM

I suggest that you should spend your time on trading. Buying cryptocurrency is still an early investor, but the rewarding task I think you are late, don't waste time.
kerzhake

Activity: 182
Merit: 1

View Profile
October 09, 2018, 07:54:14 AM

I also think that it is not entirely correct that in this market we confirm our identity, but if we want to earn a bounty, then we have to agree with the rules

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬    I N F L E U M    ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   
█ ▌   Pre - sale  ➧  Oct 1, 2018    ⌊  http://infleum.io  ⌉
tobatz23

Activity: 448
Merit: 102

View Profile
October 09, 2018, 07:55:51 AM

Before KYC is only for those investors but now most of the ICO projects also implement to do KYC thing for all bounty hunters to avoid multi-account users & cheaters abuse just to collect more rewards/ tokens in bounty campaign.
Negdan4ik

Activity: 230

The Exchange for EOS Community

View Profile
October 09, 2018, 07:59:44 AM

some rewards for generosity require mandatory passage of KYC, and some do not require, in my opinion the reason for the passage of this procedure is to detect fraud.

▐|   EOS Exchange   |▌          The Exchange for the EOS Community!          ▐|   EOSex   |▌
                    ICO: 15th October to 20th November  |  Free EXP Tokens: Join Bounty!                    
Whitepaper               ANN Thread               Telegram               Twitter               Mobile
joelsamuya

Activity: 532
Merit: 41

https://emirex.com

View Profile
October 09, 2018, 08:00:26 AM

I've been in the bounties in this past few weeks in order to do something in order to have some earnings in my free time, probably to join a signature campaign since it's doesn't required a full time to do it and you hold your own time to complete the tasks needed by the campaign.

After hovering for a couple of page there's one campaign that gets my attention because of its presentation and the concept and solutions of their project to the existing problem (Whitepaper) so to make it short it's a legitimate project, after reading the thread there's a note stated that "Campaign requires KYC." well i'm not from the US but this concerns me, for what I've known a KYC stands for "Know your CUSTOMER" so basically it's for the investors or the customer of the certain project.

According to Wikipedia a "Know your customer is the process of a business verifying the identity of its clients and assessing potential risks of illegal intentions for the business relationship. The term is also used to refer to the bank regulations and anti-money laundering regulations which govern these activities."

In my understanding a KYC is a document needed in order to know the credibility of a certain person (investor) if the money they going to invest came from illegal works, money laundering and also to know the status of a person if he/she is has a criminal records for the certain country, etc. but in this case it's required in order to get the rewards.

As a bounty hunter and a fellow forum user this concerns me. Giving personal details to anyone on the internet is VERY DANGEROUS in today's era we can't live without using technologies including online banking, etc. it means they can use your personal datas in order to do illegal works and the likes, but let me give you the advantages and disadvantages of it (According to my own perspective) why they're requiring users to pass KYC documents in doing bounty works.

Reasons:
- To control spam
- To avoid cheaters
- To avoid abusers

- Risk

Summary:
There are different possible reasons why the project requires the users to submit KYC documents. Probably a good reason or a bad reason but no matter what sending a personal documents or a personal valid ID is very risk for the users.

Solutions:
There are some ways in order to avoid risk in sending personal details/KYC to bounty campaigns
- Review the project

Disclaimer: All of the statement, solutions, etc. above are according to my observations, opinions and perspective on the said topic it might be right to others or wrong to others. This section might be wrong (I don't know where to post, maybe in meta? please correct me.) but I posted here because most of the bounty hunters are wandering in this section.

Thanks for the informative post, yes i do agree with implementing the KYC for bounty participants. Nowadays its a questioned of how many participants are real, fake and a dummy accounts, so KYC is the only method to eliminate those spammers, fake accounts and others. Good thing, that KYC is implemented
yanto@1977

Activity: 686

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
October 09, 2018, 08:03:36 AM

Reasons:
- To control spam
- To avoid cheaters
- To avoid abusers

- Risk

Summary:

Solutions:
- Review the project

Yes, I agree with you but what we can do about it, rules is rules and need to follow to get pay. That's why take the right bounty program is more important, join only trusted program depend your experience. KYC is not problems but if you can't accept it just leave and take another one.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: