Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 10:36:24 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bounty needs KYC to receive reward?  (Read 2340 times)
opobo4real

Activity: 164
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 13, 2018, 09:22:52 PM

The implementation of KYC is very important and vital in crypto currency because it has help to curb theft and other illegal means of investing or earning stakes but KYC in bounty is useful if only it can be asked before participating in bounty campaigns not after participations.
ityandsyn

Activity: 490
Merit: 11

View Profile
September 13, 2018, 09:46:52 PM

I've been in the bounties in this past few weeks in order to do something in order to have some earnings in my free time, probably to join a signature campaign since it's doesn't required a full time to do it and you hold your own time to complete the tasks needed by the campaign.

After hovering for a couple of page there's one campaign that gets my attention because of its presentation and the concept and solutions of their project to the existing problem (Whitepaper) so to make it short it's a legitimate project, after reading the thread there's a note stated that "Campaign requires KYC." well i'm not from the US but this concerns me, for what I've known a KYC stands for "Know your CUSTOMER" so basically it's for the investors or the customer of the certain project.

According to Wikipedia a "Know your customer is the process of a business verifying the identity of its clients and assessing potential risks of illegal intentions for the business relationship. The term is also used to refer to the bank regulations and anti-money laundering regulations which govern these activities."

In my understanding a KYC is a document needed in order to know the credibility of a certain person (investor) if the money they going to invest came from illegal works, money laundering and also to know the status of a person if he/she is has a criminal records for the certain country, etc. but in this case it's required in order to get the rewards.

As a bounty hunter and a fellow forum user this concerns me. Giving personal details to anyone on the internet is VERY DANGEROUS in today's era we can't live without using technologies including online banking, etc. it means they can use your personal datas in order to do illegal works and the likes, but let me give you the advantages and disadvantages of it (According to my own perspective) why they're requiring users to pass KYC documents in doing bounty works.

Reasons:
- To control spam
- To avoid users who uses multiple accounts
- To avoid cheaters
- To avoid abusers
- To get personal infos and used to illegal works (It might be right?)

Effects: (For bounty hunters)
- Risk

Summary:
There are different possible reasons why the project requires the users to submit KYC documents. Probably a good reason or a bad reason but no matter what sending a personal documents or a personal valid ID is very risk for the users.

Solutions:
There are some ways in order to avoid risk in sending personal details/KYC to bounty campaigns
- Review the project
- Read every technical details
- Review each team member
- If the projects seems unprofessional it's a scam

but the safest way is not to send any information of yourself on the internet.

Disclaimer: All of the statement, solutions, etc. above are according to my observations, opinions and perspective on the said topic it might be right to others or wrong to others. This section might be wrong (I don't know where to post, maybe in meta? please correct me.) but I posted here because most of the bounty hunters are wandering in this section.

Submitting our documents like picture and residence address and also email address are too much just to receive our bounty tokens but I have my personal experience which is very simple and can verify individuals , by submitting our email registered in the campaign then they replying a verification number then send it back , this is quiet  simple and easy to comply but enough to prove the legitimacy of person .
stunedi

Activity: 210
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 13, 2018, 09:57:01 PM

Bounty does not need KYC to get the reward, and I try not to participate in such projects where KYC is required
AMdemzzy072

Activity: 168

View Profile
September 13, 2018, 10:01:42 PM

I don't think bounty should be subjected to KYC before token can be given. Many bounties now doing KYC for bounty hunters before they can receive token which I think is wrong because they are not customers.
yecats

Activity: 395
Merit: 14

View Profile
September 13, 2018, 10:16:19 PM

Yes,  It's for the investor  or buyers  not for the Bounty Hunter and it is also true that giving personal Info is very risky they might used It in illegal purposes  Smiley  Every time I  join bounty I always double check  if there's a KYC requirement.
Alphonse2910

Activity: 37

View Profile
September 13, 2018, 10:20:18 PM

Sometimes the bounty managers themselves don't even know if KYC is required, we have to understand that most of the time they are following orders from their ICO team.
edmundo
Copper Member

Activity: 518
Merit: 2

View Profile
September 13, 2018, 10:32:35 PM

Not every bounty will require you to complete any form of KYC verification however, some will. I believe before we release any form of sensitive information to anyone online, care must be taken to ensure you are indeed releasing such information to a genuine set of people and not everyone parading themselves as project developers. You should endeavour to do a background check of the company involved, who the team is and how trusted they can be. All if this will guide against identity theft and fraud.
Omooba098

Activity: 266

View Profile
September 13, 2018, 10:36:56 PM

I think some bounty managers put bounty hunters in the position of an investor, that is why they request that bounty hunters must also pass KYC before they can get tokens.
Krismanto

Activity: 574

HiveNet - Distributed Cloud Computing

View Profile
September 13, 2018, 10:39:40 PM

The procedure of use of KYC is now a lot is done by a team of bounty. I think it's very risky because of our personal data submitted to other people. And by submitting our data to other people this is not known for its security and we do not know whether this document will be misused or not. And this becomes a problem for us.

indoagung88

Activity: 294

Files.fm - Store, Share and Sell Files

View Profile
September 13, 2018, 10:52:49 PM

I want to thank you for the experience and insight that you shared for all of us. This is very useful and very useful !! To fill KYC, we need some legitimate and original personal data. It is a good step and also discipline, if it is interpreted in a positive way. But there are other thoughts, maybe we are worried and afraid if the data is misused.
I think that's the fact. In my opinion. Thank you for your description. Really useful.

✦ files.fm library ✦
P2P File Catalog & Marketplace with AI and Blockchain Payments
JPSelzer

Activity: 689
Merit: 14

World's First Crowd Owned Cryptocurrency Exchange

View Profile
September 13, 2018, 10:56:33 PM

I try to avoid the bounty of the company require the passage of KYC. It's good when they write about it at the beginning of the company. But when they talk about it at the end of the bounty company, it suggests that the project is something wrong. But I can't talk about all the projects, because there are exceptions. But in general, I still do not understand why bounty hunters need to pass KYC.

Mosesayo4450

Activity: 156

View Profile
September 13, 2018, 11:04:08 PM

I strongly don't agree with the kyc procedure in bounty or airdrop it crap.
Majharul Saiif

Activity: 512
Merit: 10

BountyMarketCap

View Profile
September 13, 2018, 11:08:04 PM

KYC is a good for project but not for airdrop I think. Because, airdrop is the way of getting free tokens or coins by completing some simple tasks. So it will not better for airdrop.

●   KEEP CALM & HODL   ●
 ❰❰❰❰❰❰  KCH  ❱❱❱❱❱❱ 
● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●●●    ●  token  ●    ●●● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●
Uyiosarugue1

Activity: 84

View Profile WWW
September 13, 2018, 11:10:45 PM

This may actually expose those who submit such identity documents to unwholesome practice such as identity theft, hacking through brute force ,unless the ICO has good enough reason for it, I prefer not to submit my kyc
kotajikikox

Activity: 2422
Merit: 214

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
September 13, 2018, 11:18:46 PM

I don't believe the kyc requirements to get the rewards token participating in in bounty campaign, i think not safe to submit my personal identification as cryptocurrency anonymous user.

Why i'm not agree to the kyc it's because i worried to use my identification to the illegal activities if some bad elements or the hackers spot my identity submitted from the kyc.

artem30011994

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 14, 2018, 07:48:01 AM

I do not see anything wrong with KYS and if I have to send my passport, they will not do anything to him. and if you are already so afraid of something for $ 10 you can buy a complete package of documents of other people

[ R E S T O t o k e n ]     |     The Global Foodservice Loyalty Space     | Join Referral Program  TOKEN SALE     ❱ Oct 10th - Dec 14th
─    Facebook    ─     Medium     ─    Telegram        ─
mbah

Activity: 700
Merit: 251

View Profile WWW
September 14, 2018, 08:01:37 AM

I love this KYC system, at least this will reduce the existing multi account though not completely. but sometimes also feel personally objected when submitting personally identifying. obviously just like that because it certainly is not going to know where their running personal data submitted. It would be very bad if this is misused for things that are not appropriate.

brjameng

Activity: 742
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 14, 2018, 08:26:27 AM

I personally disagree with the requirement of performing KYC for any bounty participant.
The bounty participant already working hard helping the project to be known by many investors, they should get their right without the need to do such things.
Trixie28

Activity: 406
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 14, 2018, 08:33:57 AM

Some bounties I joined are required keys because of these reasons. 1. To avoid duplicate accounts. 2. To avoid abusers on rewards. 3. To avoid spammers. But I think it is illegal to send some information that everyone have because we can use it for other purposes.
wayancrypto

Activity: 462

View Profile
September 14, 2018, 08:46:51 AM

Send KYC for bounty reward is ok for me, this the team developer just want to comply AML . I just did it in one bounty program, but KYC should be only for bounty hunter that receive reward equivalent more than $10,000. We can see some exchange like Binance required KYC only for withdrawal more than 2 BTC daily, so small reward should not necesary required KYC.

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: