Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 12:48:16 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bounty needs KYC to receive reward?  (Read 2340 times)
Kaycee0202

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 15, 2018, 09:05:54 AM

Yes bounty manager  sometime put up the need for know your customer k. Y c to be able to detect the nationality and identify the customer so it important to be used in bounty
shoupengyangguang

Activity: 173
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 15, 2018, 10:13:50 AM

If a bounty is announced at the end of the time to declare KYC verification, then I can treat this bounty as scam. What really destroys the rules is not the abuse of the bounty hunter, but the random change of the rules. This is devastating for the credibility of a project.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬ |  𝗘𝘁𝗵𝗲𝗿𝗲𝘂𝗺 𝗖𝗹𝗮𝘀𝘀𝗶𝗰 𝗩𝗶𝘀𝗶𝗼𝗻    ▬▬  ▬▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬
▬▬ ▬▬ ▬▬ Hard fork Ethereum  ▬▬▬ ▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬▬▬  11.1.19  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬  ANN  ▬▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬ All Ethereum holders will receive 3 ETCV ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  Telegram  ▬▬▬▬▬  Twitter  ▬▬▬▬  White Paper  ▬▬▬ ▬▬
bynndu

Activity: 29

View Profile
September 15, 2018, 10:17:48 AM

If a bounty is announced at the end of the time to declare KYC verification, then I can treat this bounty as scam. What really destroys the rules is not the abuse of the bounty hunter, but the random change of the rules. This is devastating for the credibility of a project.
Yes, i think so, credit is the most significant thing when doing business. That is very unfair and untrustworthy.
okaypool

Activity: 476

View Profile
September 15, 2018, 10:20:10 AM

As an honest participant in the bounty of companies, I should not worry about verification. However, there is another reason why I'm afraid of sending my data. This, as you also noted - the fear that my data will be stolen and used by scammers.
okaypool

Activity: 476

View Profile
September 15, 2018, 10:22:38 AM

As an honest participant in the bounty of companies, I should not worry about verification. However, there is another reason why I'm afraid of sending my data. This, as you also noted - the fear that my data will be stolen and used by scammers.

Also, you indicated the advantage of passing KYC for bounty hunters is avoiding spam and multi-accounts. As for me, this is not a problem at all. Any hunter, if he wants, can pass KYC to any of his friends or relatives.
chaddive

Activity: 52

View Profile
September 16, 2018, 03:30:55 PM

All individuals are being stressed since it could be a enormous chance to grant your distinguishing proof that's why there are bounty seekers are against to bounties.i think its not worth it giving your data in trade for a token. They can utilize these data to do awful things.
JennetCK

Activity: 305

[PROFISH.IO]

View Profile
September 16, 2018, 03:47:55 PM

I've been in the bounties in this past few weeks in order to do something in order to have some earnings in my free time, probably to join a signature campaign since it's doesn't required a full time to do it and you hold your own time to complete the tasks needed by the campaign.

After hovering for a couple of page there's one campaign that gets my attention because of its presentation and the concept and solutions of their project to the existing problem (Whitepaper) so to make it short it's a legitimate project, after reading the thread there's a note stated that "Campaign requires KYC." well i'm not from the US but this concerns me, for what I've known a KYC stands for "Know your CUSTOMER" so basically it's for the investors or the customer of the certain project.

According to Wikipedia a "Know your customer is the process of a business verifying the identity of its clients and assessing potential risks of illegal intentions for the business relationship. The term is also used to refer to the bank regulations and anti-money laundering regulations which govern these activities."

In my understanding a KYC is a document needed in order to know the credibility of a certain person (investor) if the money they going to invest came from illegal works, money laundering and also to know the status of a person if he/she is has a criminal records for the certain country, etc. but in this case it's required in order to get the rewards.

As a bounty hunter and a fellow forum user this concerns me. Giving personal details to anyone on the internet is VERY DANGEROUS in today's era we can't live without using technologies including online banking, etc. it means they can use your personal datas in order to do illegal works and the likes, but let me give you the advantages and disadvantages of it (According to my own perspective) why they're requiring users to pass KYC documents in doing bounty works.

Reasons:
- To control spam
- To avoid users who uses multiple accounts
- To avoid cheaters
- To avoid abusers
- To get personal infos and used to illegal works (It might be right?)

Effects: (For bounty hunters)
- Risk

Summary:
There are different possible reasons why the project requires the users to submit KYC documents. Probably a good reason or a bad reason but no matter what sending a personal documents or a personal valid ID is very risk for the users.

Solutions:
There are some ways in order to avoid risk in sending personal details/KYC to bounty campaigns
- Review the project
- Read every technical details
- Review each team member
- If the projects seems unprofessional it's a scam

but the safest way is not to send any information of yourself on the internet.

Disclaimer: All of the statement, solutions, etc. above are according to my observations, opinions and perspective on the said topic it might be right to others or wrong to others. This section might be wrong (I don't know where to post, maybe in meta? please correct me.) but I posted here because most of the bounty hunters are wandering in this section.
This article is so true. For my own opinion and also, based on my experience, bounty hunters DON'T NEED to submit any document or identification to join a campaign. What is the point?

Reasons:
- To control spam
- To avoid users who uses multiple accounts
- To avoid cheaters
- To avoid abusers
- To get personal infos and used to illegal works (It might be right?)

For this one? The bounty manager can control this. KYC is for investors not for bounty participants.

Pro Fish 
The ProFish online marketplace & tournaments
Twitter ⋄❖⋄ Telegram ⋄❖⋄ Facebook ⋄❖⋄ Instagram

hacquerjohz
Copper Member

Activity: 182

View Profile WWW
September 16, 2018, 04:01:30 PM

not all bounty require to submit KYC, there's bounty there that not so strict about the KYC. but most of requiring a KYC for there costumer details

Sony.UK

Activity: 532
Merit: 103

View Profile
September 16, 2018, 04:21:53 PM

not all bounty require to submit KYC, there's bounty there that not so strict about the KYC. but most of requiring a KYC for there costumer details

That's true along with that some of the bounties may collect your email address while you are applying for the bounty program. I want to ask that if they sells the email addresses for the promotion purposes or data pulling means what we can do buddy.

If the project has the good strength means then we can take all things to take ahead buddy.

nemey

Activity: 658
Merit: 10

Catena X

View Profile
September 16, 2018, 04:41:05 PM

In my opinion, your observation is very helpful. The KYC is sometimes needed to prove that we are not scammers or spammers. However, should it be because it is only for the customers. I myself never do KYC for bounty. But if sometimes I must do KYC, i will really analyze the bounty and ICO whether it is trusted or not. Because I feel little bit worry about the safety of the document.

E x p e r i e n c e   t h e   F u t u r e   o f   D e F i
██ ███ ██    C a t e n a  X    ██ ███ ██
|        T w i t t e r        |      T e l e g r a m      |   A N N   T h r e a d   |         G i t h u b         |
betty12

Activity: 94
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 16, 2018, 04:50:15 PM

I have been avoiding bounty with KYC. I had a chat with someone who works with an exchange, she asked me if I have links to sites selling KYC to investors that are from  a restricted jurisdiction. The world is cruel and wicked, we all need with tread with wisdom.
Coingram

Activity: 295

View Profile
September 16, 2018, 04:50:46 PM

Usually KYC used for pre sale and main sale investors. But now I see more and more projects that are requiring KYC for receiving bounty reward and airdrops. Dont get caught by scammers. Dont send your private info If you are not sure the project is clean
zingspeed123

Activity: 75

View Profile
September 16, 2018, 04:52:45 PM

I think it is necessary to remove the scammers. A participant and using multiple accounts will make the fairness no longer available. They get more token.
arakuns

Activity: 223

View Profile
September 16, 2018, 09:25:58 PM

kyc requirements has been the trend for bounty reward collection for some time now. Even some airdrop still ask for kyc despite the ridiculous amount of tokens one will earnest the end if it all. I also agree that it us not a too good decision to just release one's personal information but most times bounty participant are usually not informed of this condition until the end of the campaign when they would have completed the task. Therefore most participants don't have a choice than to do it because no one want to put effort into something without reaping from it.
kayakcrypto9875

Activity: 70

View Profile
September 17, 2018, 03:21:17 PM

All people are being pushed since it can be a colossal chance to allow your recognizing verification that's why there are bounty searchers are against to bounties.i think its not worth it giving your information in exchange for a token. They can utilize these information to do horrendous things. That wouldn't know about.
Harrsionrangers10383

Activity: 280

View Profile
September 17, 2018, 03:26:11 PM

And the bad thing is: When they start the bounty campaign, they say KYC is not required , but at the end of contest, they  say it's required to KYC. But the time for KYC is gone! Lol !
YinShuiSiYuan

Activity: 1680
Merit: 505

View Profile
September 17, 2018, 03:30:59 PM

For the time being, I am afraid to participate in the bounty that require the KYC because it is not regulated by anyone and scammers can collect personal data of investors.

And this is the main problem with KYC, the way personal data can be used. Since there are no restrictions in this respect, there is a risk of using the data sent for other purposes than simply identifying the bounty participants.

.7 BTC  WELCOME BONUS!..
███████████████████████████
██████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▀▀██████
█████████▄██████ ████ ▀████
██████▀▀ ▄▄▄▄ ▀▀███▀▄██ ███
████▀   ██████   ▀██████ ██
███ ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄ ██▄▄▄ ██
██ █████▀    ▀█████ ████ ██
██  ▀██        ███▀ ███ ███
██   ▄██▄    ▄██▄   █▀▄████
███ ▄████████████▄ ████████
████▄▀███▀▀▀▀███▀▄█████████
██████▄▄      ▄▄███████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████▄█████▄█▄███▄█▄██████████▄██▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████▀████▄████▀██████████████████████████▄█████▄██▄█████▄████▄████▄████▄████████
█████████████████▐█████▌███████████▄█████▀███▀▀████████▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀██████▀▀███▀▀███████████
██████████████▄████▀████▄██████████████████▄▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████
████████████████▀█▀███▀█▀██████████▀███████▀█████████▀█████▀██▀█████▀███████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████▀▀  ▐█▌  ▀▀████████
██████▄     ▐█▌     ▄██████
████ ▀██▄▄███████▄▄██▀ ████
███    ██▀▀  ▄  ▀▀██    ███
██    ██   ▄███▄   ██    ██
████████  ███████  ████████
██    ██  ▀▀ █ ▀▀  ██    ██
███    ██▄▄ ▀▀▀ ▄▄██    ███
████ ▄██▀▀██████▀▀▀██▄ ████
██████▀     ▐█▌     ▀██████
████████▄▄  ▐█▌  ▄▄████████
.30+  ALTCOINS AVAILABLE..
mikaeltomcruz12

Activity: 556

View Profile
September 17, 2018, 03:34:23 PM

As of now most of bounty now are required to join KYC to claim your reward. KYC is a big factor helps cryptocurrency to remove all of scammer in this forum and some are cheating in joining bounty programs like using fake or double account.
aji567

Activity: 728

View Profile
September 17, 2018, 03:38:15 PM

I think the right choice is to receive rewards using KYC. Because many people do multiple accounts. A few months ago I had taken part in the bounty and used KYC to receive rewards. I think KYC is an easy thing to do if you meet the requirements.
Thyristor

Activity: 471

View Profile
September 17, 2018, 03:41:33 PM

Maximum bounty require KYC i observing at the present bounty project. Actually KYC just a method to find out multiple accounts and cheater.
In a few airdrop asking KYC because many people joined by alt accounts. KYC is very important i think. But sometimes it's risky for our privacy.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: