Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 03:53:49 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is there any chance of having one global currency?  (Read 2133 times)
creeps

Activity: 742
Merit: 144

View Profile
September 20, 2018, 09:48:47 AM

Could you see a future wherein the entire world shares one global currency, be it fiat or crypto? If I think it in a scifi kind of way, it would most probably be some digital currency that could all just use. It doesn't even have to be in this century. Maybe the next?
I still see fiat money to be more accepted in the future generally but of course cryptocurrency is here to say but we need more time before everyone accepts this technology, this mag take decades but we will be there in time. Bitcoin is the only coin that can go that far for now.
Sherwood_Archer

Activity: 126
Merit: 3

View Profile
September 20, 2018, 11:07:48 AM

I cannot see it happening in the near future but maybe it is possible in this century? As of the moment, majority of people do not trust in cryptocurrency so that's out of the question although personally it would be great. A lot of countries do not trust one another. Euro survived during the economic crisis but remember the vitriol... the hate that people spewed on the internet against the countries they think are dragging the euro? If we have a global currency, I am not sure how those things could be address. But, of course, I am not a professional with this kind of thing.
UconBit (OP)

Activity: 112
Merit: 2

View Profile
September 20, 2018, 01:45:18 PM

Could you see a future wherein the entire world shares one global currency, be it fiat or crypto? If I think it in a scifi kind of way, it would most probably be some digital currency that could all just use. It doesn't even have to be in this century. Maybe the next?
The other more realistic possibility is that bitcoin will not replace fiat currencies outright around the world, but rather be a globally accepted alternative to fiat. It's still a global currency, and it holds value wherever you go without having to exchange forex. But I don't think that in that bitcoin as a parallel global currency scenario you can say that it's the "single" global currency around the world.
I guess you are right. Most probably bitcoin will remain to be an alternative currency. Maybe once all countries consider bitcoin as legal then perhaps it could be considered a global one. We will just have to see then if it can be the only one global currency.
SkyFlakes

Activity: 307
Merit: 101

WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN

View Profile
September 20, 2018, 03:34:43 PM

I think this is something that won't happen as every country should have their own currencytodetermine the status of economy of it. This would make distinctions to every nation thus it is impossible to see a future that has only one currency but being digital could happen but with that it is something unachievable.

﹏﹏﹋﹌﹌ WPP ENERGY ﹌﹌﹋﹏﹏
☆═══━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═══☆
≈ WORLD POWER PRODUCTION ≈

【 BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN 】
☆═━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═☆
cleygaux

Activity: 656
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 20, 2018, 03:45:24 PM

Beside US dollar since it is the main currency that only easily accepted all over the world having another global currency is not necessary in my opinion it maybe possible but it will take time to decide which currency is going to use. 
Yantoaja

Activity: 322
Merit: 16

View Profile
September 20, 2018, 03:46:18 PM

maybe it happened but I think it takes quite a long time because the different values of different currencies in each country will cause disputes to determine wealth later, and not to mention
calculated from the level of inflation of DNP GDP and others that are factors to realize That way, maybe we can only wait until this happens
Muzika

Activity: 980
Merit: 261

View Profile
September 20, 2018, 04:00:15 PM

it will never happen since we are seperated in many ways including having a currency, it can lead to war or anything that can make the different governments to have some misunderstanding it is just like a language it should not be as one, we used a currency like dollar but it doesnt mean that we should have it.
Harlot

Activity: 1806
Merit: 671

View Profile
September 20, 2018, 04:25:56 PM

You can't even see the possibility of all the countries revoking their VISA requirements to some countries why will you even think they will agree to have one kind of currency? This also has serious implications in the economy which will be bad for the countries who are classified as a developed country and they will suffer or be dragged down by developing countries. One global currency is really not needed as it will just complicate a lot of things, and having a different kind of fiat currency is not a problem anymore.
SneakyLady

Activity: 114
Merit: 2

View Profile
September 20, 2018, 05:07:02 PM

I think there's a good chance that digital payments using crypto will replace fiat, but as life becomes more digital and AI is running the show things will cost much less and money won't hold the same value that it does today.
0t3p0t

Activity: 1568
Merit: 352

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile WWW
September 20, 2018, 05:43:01 PM

Lets see here.  We have central banks in almost every country.  The only countries left with no central bank are Syria, North Korea and Iran.  HMMMM  They are all being attacked right now. 

We have a brand new technology created by a mystery man that no one knows who it is.  This technology also tracks every transaction made which will make taxing every transaction a breeze. 

Not saying Bitcoin is a trap but we need to keep our eyes open and be aware. 
Wars of economy could be some sort of early warnings of something that who will dominate and it's already happening. Those three countries you've mentioned has common attacker and I think that country wants all of us to be under their control. All things we have nowadays could possibly be a trap as we are now living  with lies. If Bitcoin is a trap I do hope that it will take me to financial freedom first before it will become a trap. About having one global currency I don't think it will happen as the legendary and revolutionary coin was already born which is Bitcoin.

BIG WINNER!
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░
▀██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄
▀██░████████░███████░█▀
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████
▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
Irvinn

Activity: 966
Merit: 104

View Profile
September 20, 2018, 06:59:30 PM

We do not yet need a single global currency. This means a certain dependence on the state or a group of states that will own the printing press of that currency. Crypto currency can not be a single currency at all, because it has a number of significant flaws for this, and above all, its bad management and controllability, as well as high price volatility.
Nmizu

Activity: 124
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 20, 2018, 07:05:06 PM

and in time what I and you think about right now will really happen in the next 10-20 years
because we live in the 21st century and everything needs change in all sectors including finance and I'm sure conventional money will be replaced by digital or crypto money and we just need to wait for that to really happen
shulio
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1016

View Profile
September 20, 2018, 07:20:12 PM

It may happen but it will be difficult. All the countries should have similar inflation rates and the governments should unite.
jak3
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004

View Profile
September 20, 2018, 07:49:57 PM

I do imagine the same thing and it is going to take a little while until someone makes it. It is sure that Bitcoin is not going to reach up to that point but it has a higher potential and it is very useful to develop another system which has even higher possibilities of success. Image a money system where you do not have to carry on think about earning money all you do is live your life and take whatever you want and the money system will work and controlled by the artificial intelligence. They will manage and earn money for us and we will simply spend it.
maarx

Activity: 882
Merit: 517

cloverdex.io

View Profile
September 20, 2018, 08:32:03 PM
Last edit: September 24, 2018, 12:07:11 AM by maarx

As we do have respective fiats as national currency, yes we can have bitcoin as a global currency. We have respected countries fiats in place and it would bring split between countries. There might be a chance in the future for bitcoin to be a global currency as everyone is adapting bitcoin knowing its benefits. Hope to have this happen so.

.What is Cloverdex platform?.
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
ANN Thread | Website
Telegram | Twitter
Whitepaper | Reddit
Ucy

Activity: 2576
Merit: 402

View Profile
September 20, 2018, 10:05:25 PM

Bitcoin/Cryptocurrency and US Dollar are kind of global currency already. .this isn't a problem. What people are concerned about is the possibile imposition of single World Currency by a global tyranny. It could be imposed in the name of peace and security. Gullible World citizens may even demand for the imposition to avoid further bloodshed and chaos.
Well, it was all predicted longtime ago. Some said it could take place around 2030/2040, who knows?

It's Scriptural [for those who believe]:

"And no one could buy or sell anything without that mark, which was either the name of the beast or the number representing his name." - Revelation 13:17

"For when they shall say, Peace and safety; then sudden destruction cometh upon them, as travail upon a woman with child; and they shall not escape."-
1 Thessalonians 5:3

"He will cause astounding devastation and will succeed in whatever he does. He will destroy those who are mighty, the holy people. He will cause deceit to prosper, and he will consider himself superior. When they feel secure, he will destroy many and take his stand against the Prince of princes. Yet he will be destroyed, but not by human power." - Daniel 8:24—25
higgidave

Activity: 97
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 21, 2018, 06:41:08 AM

Maybe this will happen, but it takes a very long time to come true. The economy of the countries is not the same, it is difficult to use the same currency.
The use of bitcoin can replace the fiat it highly possible that people can stop using USD money which is the global currencies.
jjohnathn

Activity: 74
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 21, 2018, 06:42:15 AM

I think the crypto currwncy itself will be the one global currency. It will have because it was prophesied and it will have in case not the crypto though. But i believe so.
Mostly people of US are use bitcoin rather than fiat. If bitcoin replace the USD than it highly possible that bitcoin become global currencies.
nightways

Activity: 434
Merit: 102

View Profile
September 21, 2018, 07:45:37 AM

Maybe this will happen, but it takes a very long time to come true. The economy of the countries is not the same, it is difficult to use the same currency.
There is possibility that Bitcoin takes over the world in the near future if it got accepted by all the countries around the world. Bitcoin offers cheap transaction and this is one best way to reduce the cost and save time while making international transaction. That way, it will reduce the demand for dollar and a big portion of people will chose to invest only in Bitcoin because the rise in the worth of Bitcoin is normally more than the rise in the value of a dollar with decreasing demand.
millensharon8

Activity: 378
Merit: 13

View Profile
September 21, 2018, 01:14:06 PM

Beside US dollar since it is the main currency that only easily accepted all over the world having another global currency is not necessary in my opinion it maybe possible but it will take time to decide which currency is going to use. 
Apparently, as it is, USD became strong due to the perception of people, which is a perception that I believe has been built over the years, with the US many covert and overt operations and simply we just have to all accept it one way or the other as a global recognized currency that is widely used but does not necessarily make it the only globally accepted worldwide. However, as time goes on, a lot of things may end up changing as people perception could may be start switching when it comes to having other means they can easily make transactions worldwide and this is where the whole demand for USD could subside.

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: