Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 06:29:23 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Who owns and controls the Federal Reserve?  (Read 5841 times)
BlackMarketKarma

Activity: 107
Merit: 10

Cyclical economic ebb and flow.

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 08:38:26 AM

Fed. Reserve doesn't have much oversight (that includes audits). And as was aforementioned, the name is incredibly deceptive, it's not related (at least publicly) to the Fed. Government..pretty ridiculous state of affair if you ask me.
1CoolNewb

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 22, 2014, 02:15:54 AM

WOW! Best 30 minutes of information of my life. But what to do about it? Hmmm....
fordlincoln

Activity: 152
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 22, 2014, 08:44:12 PM

The Reptilians control everything
Bit_Happy (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1040

A Great Time to Start Something!

View Profile
March 22, 2014, 08:46:41 PM

WOW! Best 30 minutes of information of my life. But what to do about it? Hmmm....

Welcome 1CoolNewb  Smiley
But what to do about it?
It is hard to fight history and powerful modern forces. Education is a great first step.

CurbsideProphet

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 23, 2014, 03:09:44 AM

It's not really profit, it's like if I gave myself a $1,000 loan and charged myself interest.  The interest I collect on myself really isn't profit, it's just passing from one hand to the other.

The US citizens end up with a huge debt and the Fed makes a huge profit.

It's faux profit.  Who is the profit going to?  The profit is in keeping the interest rates low so the banks make money.  The profit isn't in the interest income itself.

It's not faux profit. It is the interest on printed money, so basically it is stealth-taxed from all holders of the US$, both domestically and internationally.

And who is the largest holder of treasuries?  You cannot make a profit on yourself.

1ProphetnvP8ju2SxxRvVvyzCtTXDgLPJV
DeathAndTaxes
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1079

Gerald Davis

View Profile
March 23, 2014, 03:13:58 AM

The federal reserve is about as federal as federal express.

The naming wasn't accidental.  Of course it was named so as to appear to be a federal agency.  The idea that a private cartel of for profit banks (who interest may not align with the general public) has complete control of the money supply is well ... scary.  One way to make it less scary is to not call it ... the "Federal" reserve.   I mean it is federal which sounds good and safe and it is a reserve that means something vaguely like insurance or safe keeping for bad times.  Best name ever for a for-profit enterprise.
uranian

Activity: 140

View Profile
March 23, 2014, 08:25:27 PM

It's also insolvent, leveraged at 80:1, i.e. an ~1% move downwards in the value of the shitty collateral they're holding (think mortgage backed securities) makes them bankrupt. If anyone ever told the truth, of course.
bellicose

Activity: 1120
Merit: 263

Sovryn - 300-500% APY on USDT Deposit

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 12:54:36 PM

Vampires

.The DeFi for Bitcoin Platform.            ███   ███
           ███   ███
          ███   ███
         ███   ███
        ███   ███
       ███   ███
      ███   ███
     ███   ███
    ███   ███
   ███   ███
  ███   ███
 ███   ███
███   ███
▄  ▄██████████████████████▄  ▄
 ▀▄ ▀████████████████████▀ ▄▀
  ▀█ ▀████▀ ▄▄            █▀
   ▀█▄ ▀█ ████████████▀ ▄█▀
     ██▄ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███  ██
      ███      ▀█▄ ▀ ▄██
       ███▄ ▀█████ ▄███
        ████ ▀██▀ ▄███
         ▀███▄  ▄███▀
          ▀███▄ ▀██▀
            ████▄ ▀
             ████▀
              ▀█▀
SOVRYN███   ███
 ███   ███
  ███   ███
   ███   ███
    ███   ███
     ███   ███
      ███   ███
       ███   ███
        ███   ███
         ███   ███
          ███   ███
           ███   ███
            ███   ███
.300% APY on USDT Deposits.
████████████████████████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
██████                ██████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
bobdutica

Activity: 53

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 04:27:17 PM
Last edit: March 27, 2014, 07:29:30 PM by bobdutica

Quote from: Bit_Happy
The Federal Reserve botched its stated mission. America’s “private central bank” was created with the stated goal of preventing financial crises such as the Panic of 1907.  History proves that the Fed failed multiple times. The Great Depression, the recession of 1973-1975 and the recent financial crisis of 2008 happened on Fed’s watch and its critics argue that the central bank’s actions have exacerbated the damage done to American and global economies.

The creators of the Federal Reserve never intended to achieve their stated mission because it was just part of their camouflage to get the U.S. Congress to pass the law that established the Fed.

The Federal Reserve System was designed by six men who met in secret on Jekyll Island, Georgia in 1910. These six men represented approximately 25% of the entire wealth of the whole world at the time. The men were:

• Senator Nelsen W. Aldrich, father-in-law to John D. Rockefeller, Jr. and grandfather of David Rockefeller and Nelson Aldrich Rockefeller, former Governor of NY and former Vice-Presidential Candidate
  • Henry P. Davison, Senior Partner of J.P. Morgan Company
  • A Piatt Andrew, Assistant Secretary of the Treasury
  • Frank A. Vanderlip, President of the National City Bank of New York, representing William Rockefeller
  • Benjamin Strong, head of J.P. Morgan's Banker's Trust Company and later head of the Federal Reserve System
  • Paul M. Warburg, a partner in Kuhn, Loeb & Company, representing the Rothschilds and Warburgs of Europe

For many years, the central bankers of Europe loaned money to the various governments. By playing one government against another, they actually controlled those governments. They often financed both sides in war and profited from both sides. The United States resisted getting involved with central bankers for a great part of its first 120 years or so, during its greatest period of economic growth in history. (A major exception was the Bank of the United States which President Andrew Jackson eliminated.)

The U.S. Constitution does not permit the Federal Government to print paper money.  The framers of the Constitution were very aware of the inflationary dangers of paper currency from their experience during and shortly after the American Revolution with the printing of Continental currency and the destructive inflation that quickly made it worthless. The Constitution permitted only the "coining" of money from precious metals like gold and silver. One mistake they did make was to permit the Federal Government to borrow money. This left the door open for central bankers to get their foot in the door. And that is the flaw that these men worked to exploit in their plan hatched at Jekyll Island. It took these men until 1913 to get the U.S. Congress to pass the billl that created the Federal Reserve.

They used a number of approaches to hide their actual intent: They intentionally did not use the word "Bank" in its name. They use the word "Federal" in their name to make most people believe it was a government agency when it is really a private organization. They falsely stated that their intent was to prevent financial crises when their real intent was to gain control over the government and enhance their own profits. They proposed numerous branches around the country to deceive people into believing that control was decentralized when their real intent was to vest centralized control in the one main place while the branches were just a deception. The carefully decided upon the word "Reserve" in their name to give the impression that it was an organization that banks could fall back on to prevent financial crises.

There are  two excellent books that describe the history of the central banks, how these six men planned the cartel that became the Federal Reserve, and why the Federal Reserve should be abolished:

One is a short, quick read at only 136 pages. It is: "None Dare Call It Conspiracy"
The second book provides much more detail and is 588 pages, but still very readable. It is "The Creature From Jekyll Island"

Both of these books make a strong case that the goal of these rich bankers is to create a one world government, "A New World Order" that they control. Tearing down the U.S. economy is just one step helping them toward their goal. In his book "Memoirs", David Rockefeller states on page 405: “Some even believe we (the Rockefeller family) are part of a secret cabal working against the best interests of the United States, characterizing my family and me as ‘internationalists’ and of conspiring with others around the world to build a more integrated global political and economic structure – one world, if you will. If that's the charge, I stand guilty, and I am proud of it.”

CurbsideProphet

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 08:16:01 PM

Vampires

These needs to be updated as there is a new chairman now.

1ProphetnvP8ju2SxxRvVvyzCtTXDgLPJV
Bit_Happy (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1040

A Great Time to Start Something!

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 01:01:07 AM

It's also insolvent, leveraged at 80:1, i.e. an ~1% move downwards in the value of the shitty collateral they're holding (think mortgage backed securities) makes them bankrupt. If anyone ever told the truth, of course.

It could be 200 to 1  leverage.
Since there has been no audit, how would we know for sure?

iamahappyminer

Activity: 111

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 07:44:07 AM

Welcome 1CoolNewb  Smiley
But what to do about it?
It is hard to fight history and powerful modern forces. Education is a great first step.

live on but knowing the truth about the Federal Reserve ! Yoy can't do anything - it's too powerful system to fight with
ShakyhandsBTCer

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

It's Money 2.0| It’s gold for nerds | It's Bitcoin

View Profile
June 15, 2014, 12:18:49 AM

It's not really profit, it's like if I gave myself a $1,000 loan and charged myself interest.  The interest I collect on myself really isn't profit, it's just passing from one hand to the other.

The US citizens end up with a huge debt and the Fed makes a huge profit.

It's faux profit.  Who is the profit going to?  The profit is in keeping the interest rates low so the banks make money.  The profit isn't in the interest income itself.

It's not faux profit. It is the interest on printed money, so basically it is stealth-taxed from all holders of the US$, both domestically and internationally.

And who is the largest holder of treasuries?  You cannot make a profit on yourself.

The federal reserve does not draw any money from the treasury nor are it's costs included in the budget. It's costs are paid for by interest it receives from it's portfolio, and any excess interest that it receives above it's budget is given to the treasury.

The interest that the government pays on the bonds owned by the Fed is essentially interest paid to itself.

The goal of the federal reserve is to provide price stability and maximum employment to the economy via interest rates.
yuriygeorge

Activity: 262

I hate my family

View Profile
October 03, 2014, 02:58:37 AM

I don't know if you've been following the news, but the House of Representatives (US) has just voted in favor 333-92 for the Federal Reserve Transparency Act, aka Audit The Fed. I created a Government petition:
http://wh.gov/iiFlu

Please, if we can get 100k signatures, then we may be able to get the white house to force a vote in the senate! Please share

▄▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄▄
         ▄▄██▀▀▀               ▀▀▄▄
      ▄▄█▀                         ▀▀▄
    ▄█▀                        ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀█
  ▄██                     ▄▄█▀▀     ▄▀
 ██▀                 ▄▄██████▄    ▄▀
███               ▄▄██████████▄  ▀
██             ▄▄█████████████▀
██          ▄▄█████████████▀
██        ▄ ▀██████████████
██▄    ▄██▀▀  ▀▀████████▀
 ██   ██▀        ▀▀████▀
  ██ █▀
   ▀█
  █▄ ▀▄
 ▄▀    ▀▄

SatoshiGames.io
██████

█████

████

████

█████

██████
               ▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄
           ▄▄▄▄█  ▄█     ▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄
▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   █  ▀ █            ▀▀▀▀▄
█  █▄        ▄▀                    ▄▀
▀▄ █ ▀       █         ▄           █
 █          █        ▄██▄         ▄▀
 █         ▄▀     ▄██████▄       ▄▀
 ▀▄        █    ▄█████████▄      █
  █       █      ██████████▄    ▄▀
  █      ▄▀        ▀████████   ▄▀
  ▀▄     █        ▄████▀▀▀▀    █
   █    █          ▀▀▀█       ▄▀
   █   ▄▀                    ▄▀
   ▀▄  █                     █
    █  ▀▄▄              █ ▄ ▄▀
    █     ▀▀▀▀▄▄▄       █▀ ▄▀
    ▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄█

▄▄▄▄██████▄▄█▄▄██████▄▄▄▄
███████████████████████████████
▄▀▄           █           ▄▀▄
█   █         ▄█▄         █   █
█     █        ███        █     █
█       █       ███       █       █
█         █     █████     █         █
█           █    █████    █           █
█             █   █████   █             █
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█   █████   █▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█
▀███████████▀    █████    ▀███████████▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀       ███       ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄███▄
▄▄▄█████████████▄▄▄
BTC
██████

█████

████

████

█████

██████
snarlpill

Activity: 910
Merit: 530

$5 24k Gold FREE 4 sign-up! Mene.com/invite/h5ZRRP

View Profile WWW
October 03, 2014, 04:41:32 AM

I don't know if you've been following the news, but the House of Representatives (US) has just voted in favor 333-92 for the Federal Reserve Transparency Act, aka Audit The Fed. I created a Government petition:

Please, if we can get 100k signatures, then we may be able to get the white house to force a vote in the senate! Please share

Awesome! And about time. I will definitely check that out. Thanks for bumping the thread with a very worthy cause. I like Rand Paul (though maybe not Everything about him) and I've been cheering him on a bit whenever he's mentioned pushing for an audit of the Fed. No doubt it will be shocking, IF done with honesty and accuracy. But with that much money and power at play it would not surprise me to see that edited or completely derailed in some way.

nidhish

Activity: 13

View Profile WWW
October 04, 2014, 06:04:56 AM

Federal reserve is owned by the leading world Elites ..should i have to name them or u can guess . Tongue
a447513372

Activity: 336

DLISK - Next Generation Coin

View Profile
October 04, 2014, 07:56:33 AM

It is much more complicated to get a vote in either the House or the senate. This is especially true with Harry Reid running the Senate. If the bill does not fit with Obama's policy goals then it will be DOA at the senate regardless of what happens in the house

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
           ▄▄▄▄█████████▄▄▄
       ▄▄█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████▄▄
     ▄████▀ ▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄ ▀▀████▄
   ▄███▀ ▄▄▀▀      ████  ▀▀▄▄ ▀▀███▄
  ████ ▄███████████████      ▀█  ████
 ███▀ ▄██████████████████      █  ▀███
▄███            ████ ████      ▀█ ███▄
███ ▄█           ████  ████      █▄ ███
███            ████   ████       █ ███
███ ▀█          ████  ████       █▀ ███
▀▀▀▀           █████████       ▄█ ███▀
 ██████████████████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀ ▄███
  ██████████████████████████████████
    ▄▄▄▄  ▀▄▄       ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀████▀
     ▀████▄ ▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▀ ▄████▀
       ▀▀██████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
           ▀▀▀▀█████████▀▀▀▀

████                ▄████
    ████████████████                ████   ▄▄███████████████          ▄█████▀
   ██████████████████               ██▀▀ ██████████████████        ▄█████▀
             ▀████████             ███ ████▀                    ▄█████▀
             ▄█████████            ██▀ ███▀                  ▄█████▀
             ████ ▀████           ███ ████▄               ▄█████▀
             ████  ████           ███▄ ██████████████▀ ▄█████▀
            ████  ▄████           ████  ▀████████████▄ ▀█████▄
            ████ ▄████           ████               ▀██▄  █████▄
            ████████▀            ████               ▄████   █████▄
           ███████▀            ███▀              ▄█████▀     █████▄
 ██████████████████████████████ ███ ▄█████████████████▀         █████▄
█████████████▀▀▀██████████████ ▄██ ▄████████████████▀             █████▄

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
visdude
Legendary

Activity: 1081
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 04, 2014, 09:11:28 AM

G. Edward Griffin pretty much summed up what his book, "The Creature From Jykell Island", is all about in this video (for folks who don't have a copy):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lu_VqX6J93k

cutesakura

Activity: 158

View Profile
October 07, 2014, 09:30:16 AM

I actually do not know for sure who controls the federal reserve and control, we expect that mastering it is the right person, the person who knows about how to manage finances primarily bitcoin, how to arrange for the distribution of bitcoin to be the same ...  Grin
money420weed

Activity: 78

View Profile
October 08, 2014, 04:49:03 AM

It is much more complicated to get a vote in either the House or the senate. This is especially true with Harry Reid running the Senate. If the bill does not fit with Obama's policy goals then it will be DOA at the senate regardless of what happens in the house
This is probably true until at least when the next session of congress starts as this is when democrats will likely lose control over the senate.

I do not however think that auditing the federal reserve is going to even create a productive conversation about potentially changing the way it operates. I think the public is simply not interested enough in this issue
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: