Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 11:54:42 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What is School for?  (Read 1641 times)
FunGate

Activity: 105
Merit: 4

View Profile
December 03, 2018, 04:33:34 PM

Schools are basically indoctrination institutions to convince kids from a young age to participate in the rat race, be "nice" and follow directions. Right now, they prepare children for the past and essentially serve as means of babysitting for parents and cities who don't want youth on the street.

Insane that they completely ignore life's most important skills-correct money management, investing, health (emotional and physical).

Makes kids think that sitting down for 8 hours a day under fluorescent lights is normal, with the reward of the weekend to forget their horrible realities and get drunk or buy things to numb the pain.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
No Gods or Kings. Only Bitcoin
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
hoverdrone

Activity: 58
Merit: 2

View Profile
December 03, 2018, 05:21:18 PM

The best (only?) point of schools is to teach how to learn. Most of knowledge obtained in schools will hardly be useful later, but the skills children used to get this knowledge will stay and will be used later - namely, in higher education.
darklus123

Activity: 1246
Merit: 588

View Profile
December 05, 2018, 12:37:59 PM

For me school is a training ground to enhance individuals capacity or talents.

The reality tho is that most of the schools right now value grades more than the knowledge that the student gets. The is why most of the students cheats and that actually destroy individuals future.

This the reeason why i highly valued schools for the special persons, or schools in the mountains which is not proper yet they value learnings a lot.

As you have said it does not guarantee someones future to be better
guybrushthreepwood
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1195

View Profile
December 05, 2018, 04:01:44 PM

Well, school is meant to provide a basic education and prepare you for the real world. The trouble is is basic is the key word and there's a great difference between an education and schooling. All schools do is teach you the minimum amount of things you need to know to pass your exams which is all based on the syllabus of the examining body. If something gets removed from it one year then they won't teach you it. If something gets added then they'll start teaching that and it's certainly not based on things you should or need to know that can be applied to the real world. Basically I think schools/exams are just a very long-aptitude test. All that grade you may or may not get at the end of it does is show to people how well you memorized the things you needed to know to pass the test and isn't really a true display of intelligence.

Schools should be teaching people how to think not what to think, and they should also be teaching real-world skills. How to start your own business. How to pay taxes. Health, fitness and nutrition. How to grow your own food etc and so on. You might not need or want any of the skills but at least they're useful and they're certainly better than reading Shakespeare or knowing how to draw and label a very basic drawing of a plant. I wouldn't recommend going to school unless it's absolutely essential for what you want to do in life -- ie become a doctor -- but if you go to school to study business of whatever then why bother? Just start your own business rather than wasting four years of your life. I often find that if you're determined enough and have a drive to succeed then you can work your way up the ranks very fast without any qualifications as many people do. If you're intelligent and hard working then people will see that regardless of your academic qualifications.
daunemas

Activity: 25
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 06, 2018, 05:58:22 AM

For me school is a routine habit carried out by children from the age of 5 years until he grows up. School is a means so that we can become quality human beings, useful for ourselves, family, environment, even for the country and nation. School is a place to seek knowledge such as reading, writing, counting.
Babyrica0226

Activity: 854
Merit: 252

View Profile
December 06, 2018, 04:51:24 PM

Greetings to the world,
I am actually inspired by a public figure in facebook, and it really affect me and make me questioned myself What is school for actually?

As a student, I wonder how can these academics studies will benefit students in their future? Are these complex mathematics problems/ equation will going to have a real life use in the future? It also doesn't make sense to me why school system is forcefeeding all the knowledge in 6 hours per day and then measures all the knowledge you memorize thru a papertest?

What about the students who have a passion in their life but the school is destroying it little by little. Also, school doesn't teach students on how to buy their loans, houses, or any other stuffs that might be useful in their future.

School makes student depressed, suicidal, feel stupid, wanna die, hate life, sick, nervous. Is this what school for? Or maybe I am not just realizing it.

I am an average student, I just feel pity for my classmates who's trying their best but it is not enough. They have dreams but the school is destroying it.  Huh

Ps: English is not my native language.

Education was a very important matter for us to know everything in this world. Sometimes there are some teachers in the school who teaches the students in a wrong history. Like we have in my country, we have here that some school teaches us that one of the politician here died a decades ago already they told us he is a Hero but  after 30 years many of our citizens here found out and discovered that it was all lies, we found out that the Hero they teaches us was a traitor of our country, they deceived all their citizens for a decades.
ClockworkTrader

Activity: 213

View Profile
December 07, 2018, 09:36:51 PM

For me school is a routine habit carried out by children from the age of 5 years until he grows up. School is a means so that we can become quality human beings, useful for ourselves, family, environment, even for the country and nation. School is a place to seek knowledge such as reading, writing, counting.

Basic skills, yes. They are necessary for everybody, but I don`t think that it should take that much time - I believe it is possible to optimize education so it won`t take that much time.
Joseph Brown

Activity: 21

View Profile
December 24, 2018, 03:04:33 PM

For me, school is not for your future. School is medium that we can learn atitude and social.
But school can help you to find your passion. School is mandatory for me.
pinkgeldof

Activity: 14

View Profile
December 24, 2018, 07:56:22 PM

School/education serves three purposes in my opinion.

One is to provide knowledge, learning, information and other instances skills, critical thinking.  Although I would say that our school system sorely lacks on this front now and standards of education and knowledge have really diminished.  

Two is economic reasons. The reality is that most people who go to college do it to make more money.  Either just that piece of paper and also a high school degree(vs not having one) means that you will earn substantially more money in your life time. Also you might learn something or more likely from your experiences and what you make of college have some sort of skill that you carry on with you.

Three,  Indoctrination/brainwashing. Society uses institutions(which school/higher education is) to condition people and you could argue in some ways this conditioning is positive at least for the 'society'.  If everyone has a certain standard, they agree(or are forced to out of fear of consequence/shame) to follow certain norms that makes it easier to get along and also for the society to be more productive right?   Education basically conditions people and their behavior and it prepares them for a long life working and being compliant with the government/society/systems.  Even if some tolerance/dissent is allowed it is just that, it's allowed so that can people say what they think and discuss instead of acting on it and to create the illusion that the society is open when in reality the institution and principals and rules of society are very rigid are considered the 'right' ones.

Also college engages in brainwashing students as well now, although this is more political and in my opinion because of a political faction that has a large influence in college and so now people are brainwashed to have a certain ideology and allegiance based on that ideology

MichaelNwaogbo

Activity: 8

View Profile
December 25, 2018, 10:32:28 AM

The purpose of school is to breed and train children to face the future challenges of life and find their path.

but sad to say most schools nowadays do not meet that need instead instill a spirit of competition and comparison in the heart of the child, not making a conducive environment for the child to harness his/her full potential or ability.

Each child has a unique potential that should be properly nurtured and given attention to by his/her school teacher 
ATMD

Activity: 70
Merit: 12

View Profile WWW
December 26, 2018, 08:57:01 AM

Well, I don't think that school is useless and can't teach anything. School can teach you what is real life. To be honest, I was really good pupil in school, but in college i understood, that educating on all A's, just not worth it. I started to get friends, links and so on. I was just using ukessay.com/write-my-essay for all essays and I don't regret a thing.

It depends. Friends and connections can get so far. When it comes to being competent on the job, even friends might not tolerate incompetence especially when it hurts their cause.

BADecker
Legendary

Activity: 3780
Merit: 1372

View Profile
December 28, 2018, 01:29:36 PM

What is School for?

Nowadays, indoctrination, with a tiny bit of training that supports the indoctrination.

Cool

BUDESONIDE essentially cures Covid symptoms in one day to one week >>> https://budesonideworks.com/.
Hydroxychloroquine is being used against Covid with great success >>> https://altcensored.com/watch?v=otRN0X6F81c.
Masks are stupid. Watch the first 5 minutes >>> https://www.bitchute.com/video/rlWESmrijl8Q/.
Don't be afraid to donate Bitcoin. Thank you. >>> 1JDJotyxZLFF8akGCxHeqMkD4YrrTmEAwz
BestSSS

Activity: 434
Merit: 4

View Profile WWW
December 30, 2018, 04:49:56 PM

Everyone starts their life with school and how you do not say bad, but without it just anywhere.
I'm not saying you get a great education at school, but it's part of the process.
School is the formation of a person-there he begins to show himself, he shows leadership qualities, so without it just anywhere.

♛New CA$H Exchange (https://newc.com.br)♛
✪An Innovative Cryptocurrency Platform✪
galactic123

Activity: 105
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
December 30, 2018, 08:00:24 PM

School is meant to lay the foundations so we can learn further things.  If people don't know how to read or do not understand math, they will have a hard time learning anything remotely technical.  But yes, I agree that there are classes that seem to be pointless, especially those that try to go deep on chemistry or biology (I probably had to learn much more biology than I cared for) or such while you are still in school or high school, because if you are inclined to such, you will study such at college anyhow.  And yes, schools fail to teach more day to day stuff such as how to write checks, how loans work, and so on. At least in my case, I had to learn all that on my own.

Over the years I think schools will tend to be less encyclopedic and more about teaching students how to learn to understand things on their own, as knowledge will be so vast that one single person cannot learn it all.  Having said this, schools are the foundation of it all, and one keeps learning new things along and during the entire life.

eCredit, a WAVES Platform token. Rewards and more. Main site: eCreditCoin.Net
Emmycool

Activity: 24

View Profile
December 30, 2018, 08:07:33 PM

School is to learn and be able impact knowledge to another person but not to be rich but only to live and average and slavery life and school will never teach you how to be rich but will teach you how to serve with good conduct and behavioural attitude
cabalism13
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1165

🤩Finally Married🤩

View Profile
December 31, 2018, 03:46:48 AM

What My Parents Thinks About School:
-My Secod Home
-Good Teachings For Us to Learn
-For Getting Certificates To Get Good Jobs

What My Friends Thinks About School:
-1st Venue For Gathering
-Crazy Kinds Of Teachings To Learn
-Getting Certificates Makes You Nerd

What Society Thinks About School:
-1st Step For Getting Professional
-Followers To Become Leaders
-Having Certificates Is A Plus But Useles On Work

What I Really Think About School:
-Torture Area For Kids (Especially On Courses: Law Engineering Medicine etc. )
-Stressful Things To Handle Everyday
-A Place To Learn And Feel Miserable.
-Certificates Are Just Meant To Be A Bribe
-An Endless Prejudice and Discrimanations
-No Money No Study (Almost All Of Schools)

Simply_Invest

Activity: 5

View Profile
December 31, 2018, 08:51:40 AM

School is actually a place where we learn a lot about anything,i think is to enable  us learn the foundational basis of education,which gives us mindful exposure.
MoonCrypt

Activity: 247
Merit: 16

Learn and Grow

View Profile
January 02, 2019, 04:10:12 PM

A school is a place of instructions! personally, it makes a man restrict is thinking to a certain field or a programmed way of doing what is right in the society so it actually gives separation and set some individual aside think they are better than the rest.

If you look at the origin of school it actually meant to build principles into an individual

3acaga

Activity: 462
Merit: 12

View Profile
January 03, 2019, 04:28:10 PM

Brainwashing and teaching us to obey authority. I reccomend that anyone that actually cares about their children to home school them and forget about the corrupt schooling system.

And how to teach children at home if parents work in order for you to live, eat on the ground?
Many do not have the opportunity to sit with their children at home and teach them themselves.
That is why school is needed ... and then each goes his own way through life.
Capt00

Activity: 938
Merit: 105

View Profile
January 04, 2019, 06:48:27 PM

Alright, let me tell you the reality. School is a big scheme of BUSINESS. Why? A businessman will build a school to create a highly generating business platform. Product = Knowledge Costumer = students that need a degree. People have the choice not to go to school but lots of people were brainwashed that bachelor degree is a must as an individual. It was too epic that people believed that degree could save them from their current situation. All I can advise is that, find your passion and make it a career. If the degree is really needed for that career unlike sports, then get it.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: