Bitcoin Forum
March 29, 2024, 02:30:00 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Re: I.Goldstein's charity ponzi  (Read 9936 times)
ineededausername

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

bitcoin hundred-aire

View Profile
October 30, 2011, 07:24:43 PM

As a public relations expert I would suggest one of the problems you are having is one of perception.  Since you have named your game after a fraudulent and illegal investment scheme associated with criminals such as Bernie Madoff, people are assuming out of ignorance that your game is similar to the fraudulent activities of other individuals.

I would suggest dropping those references from your site and focusing on the BitConduit brand as the name of the game.  You still maintain full disclosure of the rules and payments of course.

Just realized that "Ponzi" is mentioned in the Rules.  I've tried to keep the use of the term to unofficial discussions, but not in advertising and webpages.  Thanks for the tip.

(BFL)^2 < 0

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Explodicle

Activity: 950
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 30, 2011, 07:32:48 PM

I personally believe all pure chance gambling should be illegal, but since like poker this is a game of skill where you interpret the actions of others it is a little less problematic.

If only pure chance games were illegal, would people just add some teensy unimportant skill element to otherwise pure chance games?
Primitive Caveman

Activity: 23
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 30, 2011, 08:23:44 PM

As a public relations expert I would suggest one of the problems you are having is one of perception.  Since you have named your game after a fraudulent and illegal investment scheme associated with criminals such as Bernie Madoff, people are assuming out of ignorance that your game is similar to the fraudulent activities of other individuals.

I would suggest dropping those references from your site and focusing on the BitConduit brand as the name of the game.  You still maintain full disclosure of the rules and payments of course.

Just realized that "Ponzi" is mentioned in the Rules.  I've tried to keep the use of the term to unofficial discussions, but not in advertising and webpages.  Thanks for the tip.

Which is why the gif in your signature advertising your scheme has Ponzi in it. Right.
repentance

Activity: 868

View Profile
October 30, 2011, 08:40:27 PM

I personally believe all pure chance gambling should be illegal, but since like poker this is a game of skill where you interpret the actions of others it is a little less problematic.

If only pure chance games were illegal, would people just add some teensy unimportant skill element to otherwise pure chance games?

By law competition organisers used to have to do this here so that it didn't compete with state run lotteries.  They usually required you to answer a question in addition to submitting your tokens/coupons/whatever.  One state used to have a law which stated that you couldn't require a purchase in order for someone to enter a competition so people from that state got one free entry.

All I can say is that this is Bitcoin. I don't believe it until I see six confirmations.
I.Goldstein

Activity: 14

View Profile
October 31, 2011, 12:40:09 AM

I sent Matthew my parent's phone number. Heh.
repentance

Activity: 868

View Profile
October 31, 2011, 12:40:38 AM

This thread needs to be [CLOSED - due to lack of rationality].

We'll have 4 channers here before the week is out at this rate.

All I can say is that this is Bitcoin. I don't believe it until I see six confirmations.
I.Goldstein

View Profile
October 31, 2011, 12:54:11 AM

Bitcoinduit is just as illegal as playing Monopoly.
greyhawk

Activity: 938
Merit: 1009

View Profile
October 31, 2011, 12:56:02 AM

Yeah, I publicly admit that people LOSE MONEY ON PONZI.  They can also win.
This full disclosure makes ponzi NOT A SCAM.

If things were as easy as that, then why are numbers rackets illegal?
I.Goldstein

View Profile
October 31, 2011, 12:57:49 AM

Yeah, I publicly admit that people LOSE MONEY ON PONZI.  They can also win.

It inhibits the state's ability to collect their share. They rather see the poor spending money on booze and paying a sales tax than have them gamble it away. In addition, they want a monopoly on their "official" lotteries.

Anyways, in general, it's for the same reasons that harmless drugs and victimless crimes are made illegal. The state has never made law on what's right. They make law to sustain and grow themselves along with their true constituents.
greyhawk

View Profile
October 31, 2011, 01:01:23 AM

It inhibits the state's ability to collect their share. They rather see the poor spending money on booze and paying a sales tax than have them gamble it away. In addition, they want a monopoly on their "official" lotteries.

Anyways, in general, it's for the same reasons that harmless drugs and victimless crimes are made illegal.

So do you pay income tax on your ponzi winnings?
I.Goldstein

View Profile
October 31, 2011, 01:03:09 AM

Anyways, in general, it's for the same reasons that harmless drugs and victimless crimes are made illegal.

I'll tell you when you scan and upload a copy of your tax filings.
greyhawk

View Profile
October 31, 2011, 01:05:03 AM

I'll tell you when you scan and upload a copy of your tax filings.

So you speak German now?
bulanula

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 31, 2011, 01:07:08 AM

Keep talking Atlas. I'm sure your parents will love to hear your total disregard for the law due to your personal disagreement with it.

If anyone else has any information from the ridiculously long list of hypocrisy that is Atlas, please PM. I'll be recording the call for evidence of child endangerment in the event his parents turn out to be the nutty ones making him this way.

Do you have jurisdiction over his country since you are in South Korea ? Honestly, are you hoping to get him into foster care as his parents are not up to the task ? LOL. Take a chill pill mate.
I.Goldstein

View Profile
October 31, 2011, 01:15:55 AM

You may want to call them now, Matthew. It's getting a bit late.
Rassah
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1035

View Profile WWW
October 31, 2011, 02:51:04 AM

No rush. Plenty of illegal activity to collect evidence of before bothering. Stop sweating and keep blabbing.

Dude, grow up. This is getting pathetic, and you are getting down to his level, if not way lower.
bitleaker

Activity: 42

View Profile
October 31, 2011, 03:02:54 AM

No, please keep this up. This is highly entertaining. Both of you seem willing to entertain, so let the entertainment commence Smiley
I.Goldstein

View Profile
October 31, 2011, 03:27:44 AM

No rush. Plenty of illegal activity to collect evidence of before bothering. Stop sweating and keep blabbing.

Dude, grow up. This is getting pathetic, and you are getting down to his level, if not way lower.

Heh. We're all friends here even though some may disagree.
Rassah
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 31, 2011, 03:28:25 AM

I thought it was entertaining, until it got sad and pathetic.
I.Goldstein

View Profile
October 31, 2011, 03:44:54 AM

...lie, cheat, steal and break the law...

For the record, I have committed none of these things and my strawman is not listed as Immanuel Ortega.
Rassah
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 31, 2011, 03:46:05 AM

What makes you think this takes any effort on my part? This is what I do for a living. Just as it's Atlas 'right' to lie, cheat, steal and break the law, it's everyone's right (if not duty) to do something about it. Your inaction is your choice. Anyone who actually cares about Immanuel Ortega will do their part to protect him by alerting his family of his obvious mental health issues.

If it turns out they are responsible for his beliefs and misguided anti-social behavior, I'll have plenty to say to them.

Yep. Because the BEST way to fix things or convince people of things is to tell them "You are wrong!" and "You fucked up!" I though you were a psychology major? Or did you literally mean just a major and not a graduate?
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: