Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 05:43:37 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Does bitcoin control the market?  (Read 1491 times)
ngano ba

Activity: 280
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 18, 2018, 07:19:59 AM

I believe bitcoin does not control the market,but it serves as reference in value to other tokens and altcoins in the market cap.,there are many factors in which the reason why the market is changing its price value ,and maybe there will be manipulation of some big capitalists in cryptocurrency.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Babyrica0226

Activity: 854
Merit: 252

View Profile
September 18, 2018, 08:26:04 AM

Most people believe that the price of altcoins' is determined by the price of bitcoin and that they tend to follow it's market movements.

I partially disagree with this. I have studied prices of coins and tokens on CMC and the fluctuations of each currency seems to be unique and independent of any other digital currency. Some show strong pumps when BTC goes down and some heavy dumps when BTC is rising.

Undoubtedly, there are market forces and factors which affects most currencies, this is not influenced by bitcoins price, it rather controls bitcoins' price as well as others.
So when trading or investing, make sure you treat each currency differently as they have different utilities.

Its not the Bitcoin itself who controls the market, but of course it is still depend on the demand of the investors in it. Since bitcoin was a volatile we  cannot says what would be the volume of it. Same goes with altcoins because of the volatility there are two things may happen always in the market which is Increasing and decreasing value.
talkbitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1032

All I know is that I know nothing.

View Profile
September 18, 2018, 08:31:45 AM

Virtually all crypto-currencies have a positive correlation among themselves. This means that the crypto-currency market as a whole reacts to the same factors, the general capitalization of the crypto-currency market fluctuates relative to some external factors, the crypto-currencies, in general, move synchronously. Of course, somewhere the connection between the individual currencies is higher, somewhere lower.

true but price of everything in this whole market is controlled by the way investors move their money and so far they have been moving their money towards bitcoin as a goal and that means whenever bitcoin is having a nice market for profit making they dump altcoins to come to bitcoin. so it  creates the illusion that bitcoin is controlling the market.

.L I V E C O I N . N E T.
..PROFITBOX..
██  █████████████████████████
  █████████▄      ▄██████████
█████████████▄  ▄████████████
    █████████████████████████
  ██████████▀    ▀█ ▀████████
████  █████▀  ▄▄  ▀█  ▀██████
  ████████▀  ▄██▄  ▀█   ▀████
    ██████   ▀██▀   ██   ████
  █████████▄      ▄██████████
██  █████████▄  ▄████████████
  ███████████████████████████
██  █████████████████████████
  █████████████████████▀ ███
█████████████████████▀   ███
    █████████████▀     ████
  █████████████▀   ██    ████
████  █████▀     ██    ████
  ███████▀   ██    ██    ████
    █████    ██    ██    ████
  ███████    ██    ██    ████
██  █████    ██    ██    ████
  ███████████████████████████
andriw

Activity: 406
Merit: 11

View Profile
September 18, 2018, 09:28:09 AM

bitcoin and ethereum are the ones that most influence the value of the market, I feel when in February until now, the landslide value of bitcoin and ethereum forced all crypto coins to fall.
aray80

Activity: 420
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 18, 2018, 09:47:06 AM

Yes, right, because it doesn't make it wrong, but what makes the price of bitcoin survive and rise in the market most of those who do it are altcoin
larrylegend33

Activity: 280

View Profile
September 18, 2018, 09:55:30 AM

Yes ofcourse the Bitcoin is controlling the all cryptocurrency market. The BTC dominance is around %56-57, and it is the expensivest and oldest coin. So how can't it be? There are 1000's of altcoins and in the market the big piece is bitcoin's. It is very easy to say the BTC will rule and it always be.
Tomcolor

Activity: 661

Chainjoes.com

View Profile
September 18, 2018, 10:26:18 AM

Most people believe that the price of altcoins' is determined by the price of bitcoin and that they tend to follow it's market movements.

I partially disagree with this. I have studied prices of coins and tokens on CMC and the fluctuations of each currency seems to be unique and independent of any other digital currency. Some show strong pumps when BTC goes down and some heavy dumps when BTC is rising.

Undoubtedly, there are market forces and factors which affects most currencies, this is not influenced by bitcoins price, it rather controls bitcoins' price as well as others.
So when trading or investing, make sure you treat each currency differently as they have different utilities.
In my opinion Bitcoin do it control in the crypto currency markets ,I see 2018 year Bitcoin still down and quickly market still going down.i have checking daily crypto market and CMC Bitcoin some pump then lot of coin up.bitcoin down then all coin down,so I understand Bitcoin still control crypto market.

dominional

Activity: 196
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
September 18, 2018, 10:46:53 AM

Does bitcoin control the market, with what we are passing through in bitcoin the price is still at the top and still leading all other coin in the market of coins.  The power in coin is with bitcoin

▐▃ CRYPTOECONOMIC ECOSYSTEM ON A CLOUD STORAGE NETWORK ▃
stiffbud

Activity: 980
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 18, 2018, 12:02:46 PM

Yes, in my case bitcoin control the market. As u see when bitcoin fall down, all altcoins follow the same as bitcoin. When it rise all coins rises up. Bitcoin makes a big impact in cryptocurrency as it is mother currency of all altcoins.mostly coins trades in bitcoin pairs.. 
Yes it is absolutely right that bitcoin control the economy market. Although it does not control the market fully but in some situations and circumstances it affects the market by its popularity and potential. Bitcoin is mainly use for investment purposes and because of its volatile nature their is show fluctuations in its price and this thing affects an economic of an country. Increase profits of bitcoin in the market is the reason behind the decrease profits of banks. Bitcoin also influences the shares market of many countries

Decentralized
Asset-Backed Banking

▄▄██████████████████
 █████████████████████
█████▀▀
████▀    ████
████     ████
████     ████
         ████     ████
         ████    ▄████
               ▄▄█████
█████████████████████
██████████████████▀▀ 
.TheStandard.io.█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
LogitechMouse
Legendary

Activity: 2436
Merit: 1036

Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks

View Profile WWW
September 18, 2018, 12:11:04 PM

No it doesnt. Bitcoin is not controlling the market. Its just the altcoins are mostly based on the price of bitcoin. For me, its the investors who are controlling the market (possible manipulators).

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
dablatair

Activity: 324
Merit: 15

View Profile
September 18, 2018, 12:43:50 PM

Hello,

It doesn't control all the Alt curve but ALT are really dependent of BTC. BTC is the oldest crypto, the most known and for this it is considered as the king of the crypto. So it is leading the market and is consider as the reference for a lot of things, indicators and people.

Of course you could have increase or pump of Alts due to good news, market turnaround or other things. But if you look globally when BTC is red, others crypto are also red because it symbolize general decrease.
plr

Activity: 1148
Merit: 24

View Profile
September 18, 2018, 12:52:11 PM

I am treating each coin differently, but each time Bitcoin falls, all the coins are following, and it's not happening once or twice but a hundred times now and it will happen over and over again, Bitcoin has a huge impact on the price of almost all coins in the market and this is the fact.
teamspike911

Activity: 131
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 18, 2018, 03:56:07 PM

I would not say that bitcoin is in control. The point is simply that while there is not a single serious currency that would approach the bitcoin by capitalization ... in addition to this, bitcoin acts as the face of the whole of crypto, so if something bad or good happens to it, it has a consequence in others crypto-currencies.
kolbalish

Activity: 627
Merit: 14

Crypto Article Sharer!!!

View Profile
September 18, 2018, 04:19:53 PM

Bitcoin is a currency that is above all and first of all. All the coins have been there after Bitcoin. Naturally, its impact will be higher on the market. However, the control here implies that all the market conditions depend on the price of Btc.

$9million

Activity: 140
Merit: 6

View Profile
September 18, 2018, 04:33:59 PM

Bitcoin is the king of cryptocurrency and the first of all among the other coins. Bitcoin controls the market.  It has influence on the cryptocurrency market because if bitcoin price rises, there's high demand on the market.
Emilyp

Activity: 546

View Profile
September 18, 2018, 04:39:39 PM

In some way Bitcoin influence the price of altcoins. If you have taken time to carefully follow the prices of altcoins whenever bitcoin is rising or falling, you would have noticed that Bitcoin influences altcoins.
OcTA Bd

Activity: 278
Merit: 2

Join @Bountycloud for the best bounties!

View Profile
September 18, 2018, 04:59:29 PM

Of course Bitcoin control crypto currency. It's said to the mother of all crypto currency.the 1st crypto currency was this Bitcoin. The market capital of Bitcoin is most highest than any other crypto currency. It's trusting point as well as it's acceptability make it number one crypto currency. If you see carefully then if the price of Bitcoin increase then suddenly price of other crypto currency also increase.

▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂   https://tecracoin.io  ▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂
UNITING SCIENTISTS, INVESTORS AND THE BLOCKCHAIN COMMUNITY
cetald

Activity: 434

View Profile WWW
September 18, 2018, 05:12:16 PM

I agree with the author. In fact, this is because the market is constantly subject to manipulation. Therefore, we see a different behavior of the altcoins.

Usafstar

Activity: 378
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 18, 2018, 05:25:31 PM

In whole market if bitcoin is affected then it's mean that bitcoin is controlling the crypto market and for year 2018 bitcoin not shows any huge growth and if we invest now e have to keep patience and hold it for the next generations and it is not like the other currencies which change over time but it will exist for the whole life. Speculators should not invest now because there is no way for the speculators to get some thing from this market.

♦      GΞMΞRA      ♦     Crypto-Token Backed by Colombian Emeralds     [  WHITEPAPER  ]               
     ▬▬▬    PRE-SALE  ▶  Sep 10th - Oct 24th     JOIN NOW & get 20% BONUS!    ▬▬▬     
♦          TELEGRAM        TWITTER        FACEBOOK        YOUTUBE         MEDIUM         GITHUB         LINKEDIN          ♦
avarnet

Activity: 840
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 18, 2018, 05:37:02 PM

seems like that because with the price of bitcoin increasingly rising, the market and other coins also go up. because the influence of bitcoin on the market is large
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: