Bitcoin Forum
June 24, 2024, 12:47:57 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Does bitcoin control the market?  (Read 1496 times)
sam andresan

Activity: 84
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 22, 2018, 03:14:05 AM

Bitcoin hodlers’ collective level of control over the network was put to the test as large companies in the space combined with more than 90% of the network hashrate in an attempt to move everyone over to a new network they would agree to call “Bitcoin.”
Katystrong

Activity: 38

View Profile
September 22, 2018, 03:27:40 AM

I will say Yes because as we already knew, bitcoin is the mother of all coin and it is the first coin of this market. i think bitcoin can control market
abhi777

Activity: 457
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 22, 2018, 06:06:46 AM

There's every possibility for bitcoin controlling the market and also 90 percentage of altcoins depends on bitcoin, as most people exchange their alts for btc.
As far as I know bitcoin can't control the market. because every market is moving, and cannot be controlled. moreover the market is currently still up and down and there is no clarity.

I think bitcoin is controlling the market especially with crypto and ETH. if bitcoin prices go down or biycoin sounds ugly, all of them will be affected too. bitcoin is a way to make all investments in the crypto and ETH world.
chikading2016

Activity: 949
Merit: 48

View Profile
September 22, 2018, 06:21:40 AM

There's every possibility for bitcoin controlling the market and also 90 percentage of altcoins depends on bitcoin, as most people exchange their alts for btc.
As far as I know bitcoin can't control the market. because every market is moving, and cannot be controlled. moreover the market is currently still up and down and there is no clarity.

I think bitcoin is controlling the market especially with crypto and ETH. if bitcoin prices go down or biycoin sounds ugly, all of them will be affected too. bitcoin is a way to make all investments in the crypto and ETH world.
Well i also believe on that. The bitcoin is really the most amazing coin and popular coin in crypto it is also the first coin that gain a big trust from the community so then if we speak about crypto first thing that came to the mind of every crypto investors is the coin called bitcoin. That is why I believe that crypto coin is really depend on the bitcoin which is said to be the center of the crypto market.

project_delta

Activity: 98
Merit: 2

View Profile WWW
September 22, 2018, 06:33:26 AM

Most people believe that the price of altcoins' is determined by the price of bitcoin and that they tend to follow it's market movements.

I partially disagree with this. I have studied prices of coins and tokens on CMC and the fluctuations of each currency seems to be unique and independent of any other digital currency. Some show strong pumps when BTC goes down and some heavy dumps when BTC is rising.

Undoubtedly, there are market forces and factors which affects most currencies, this is not influenced by bitcoins price, it rather controls bitcoins' price as well as others.
So when trading or investing, make sure you treat each currency differently as they have different utilities.

PROJECT DELTA
Shaping the Future of Blockchain
Project DELTA develops a game-changing Blockchain Protocol; projectdelta.io/
erikoy

Activity: 686
Merit: 125

View Profile
September 22, 2018, 06:39:28 AM

Most people believe that the price of altcoins' is determined by the price of bitcoin and that they tend to follow it's market movements.
Yes of course, altcoins or alternative coins for bitcoin so basically the market price for these altcoins will determine from bitcoin. Anyway, there are good altcoins in the market that barely has a good market price increase depending on the ROI of that project that could add up its market price value.

Undoubtedly, there are market forces and factors which affects most currencies, this is not influenced by bitcoins price, it rather controls bitcoins' price as well as others.
So when trading or investing, make sure you treat each currency differently as they have different utilities.
Bitcoin is not being controlled by other coins here though those coins could really help bitcoins increase its demand as a trading pair on that crypto.
bitcoinveda

Activity: 378
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 22, 2018, 06:46:39 AM

I think bitcoin is having a huge impact on the money market. Bitcoins are high compared to the rest of the coin. Many investors are choosing bitcoin for long term development. When bitcoin increases or decreases it will cause the price of other coins to follow. Bitcoin is the strongest coin.

Yes, many people are still, in confusion who is controlling the market but one thing i can every coin price completely depends on the price of Bitcoin only. As you can see when the value of Bitcoin is kept changing automatically the price of all other coins changing. So in this case, the Bitcoin price is controlling the market.
Ace Amias

Activity: 80

View Profile
September 22, 2018, 07:18:40 AM

No how could bitcoin could lead the market we know that its the mother of cryptocurrency but it is unable to do it because every crypto has its own cons and pros ethereum is doing well then bitcoin it kept its market in equilibrium the and many people say about ethereum that its strategy is more strong than bitcoin so bitcoin has its own cons and pros and it never affects the other crypto.
xvacator

Activity: 340
Merit: 4

View Profile
September 22, 2018, 08:25:00 AM

I think the same as you because I see if bitcoin was getting down, the altcoin will go down too and if bitcoin is up, then altcoin will up also and even can increase for 2x or more. Bitcoin domination in the crypto still big and altcoin are follow with the bitcoin movements, so bitcoin still control the market, and the price is adjusted with bitcoin too.
Barretwallace

Activity: 31

View Profile
September 22, 2018, 09:24:22 AM

The crypto market is tying bitcoin. I don't think Bitcoin is controlling this market. Bitcoins, however, are suffering from multiple impacts and are at risk of collapse.
cizatext

Activity: 952
Merit: 41

View Profile
September 22, 2018, 09:25:46 AM

I partially disagree with this. I have studied prices of coins and tokens on CMC and the fluctuations of each currency seems to be unique and independent of any other digital currency. Some show strong pumps when BTC goes down and some heavy dumps when BTC is rising.

You are right most tokens/coin move independently from bitcoin and have shown total freedom in terms of their market and price movement from the influence bitcoin have on some other coins in terms of the price movement, while some other coins depends on bitcoin for it market movement you will see that their price change either positive or negative when ever the price of bitcoin change in such direction and this is so because bitcoin is the major player in the crypto market price movement.
markiplier.jack

Activity: 66
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 22, 2018, 10:19:18 AM

its nth like control.. with my analysis I think that when the alt coins prices go down... ppl invest in btc. you could see this recently when the btc dominance rose. The prices of btc and altcoins are negatively correlated when market goes down. but if the market rises... all coins increase, except few coins.
princerepon

Activity: 994
Merit: 101

View Profile
September 22, 2018, 10:24:08 AM

Actually i dont think so that bitcoin control the altcoin market. but it is true that its effect on altcoin market a little bit. most of time we see when bitcoin price down all altcoin market also down. but of course there are many big cause for that too. but my opinion bitcoin dont control the market but it effect on altcoins'.
LDenis555

Activity: 317
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 22, 2018, 11:04:34 AM

I think the coins for yourself provide control, and control of this is very good, so and bad moments are happening less and less though the market is not for the better.
amonymous

Activity: 1177
Merit: 102

View Profile
September 22, 2018, 11:11:08 AM

Bitcoin mostly 70% control in the crypto market, unfortunately now crypto market is everyday goes to down because Bitcoin also failed price in this year months.so as moment like this when Bitcoin price come back again then I hope market will also come back.
erifubirugen

Activity: 350
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 22, 2018, 11:20:54 AM

Yes ofcourse the Bitcoin is controlling the market. If you look into the market you will see the bitcoin dominance. Today now the Bitcoin has %52 market cap so we can say easly it is dominant. The bitcoin isthe first and the strpngest coin and it will always be..
adzino
Copper Member

Activity: 2968
Merit: 575

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
September 22, 2018, 11:27:00 AM

Bitcoin in the crypto world is like what the US Dollar is to the fiat currency world. The currencies are somewhat tied with the price of bitcoin. The most common pair of trading an alt coin is the bitcoin. This is one of the key reason why alt coins follow bitcoin. The price rise is not always the same. When bitcoin rises, we don't see much spike in altcoin. But when btc falls, we see a huge dip on altcoins.
Another reason is that when bitcoin starts to rise, people pull out of altcoins and starts jumping on bitcoin, thus the price rise of altcoin is significantly lower than btc.

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
█████████████████████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
Lazada

Activity: 686
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 22, 2018, 11:31:01 AM

Bitcoin mostly 70% control in the crypto market, unfortunately now crypto market is everyday goes to down because Bitcoin also failed price in this year months.so as moment like this when Bitcoin price come back again then I hope market will also come back.
Bitcoin is indeed the ruler of the digital market today, Bitcoin has enormous power so many people believe in Bitcoin. This is proof of how the power of Bitcoin and market share of bitcoin is very broad. Current conditions are not very good, but we are trying to increase crypto prestige. In the end that Bitcoin will control the crypto market and we will all see Bitcoin as the main currency.
trollercoaster
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1001

View Profile
September 22, 2018, 11:38:40 AM

Bitcoin is the basis of the crypto world. Each newly added altcoin to the market is based on the price of bitcoin. Bitcoin doesn't control the market, but gives directions. An increase in bitcoin value increases the market value and this affects altcoins. In some cases, some altcoins can be independent of bitcoins with improvements made.
seven2smoke1

Activity: 532
Merit: 132

View Profile
September 22, 2018, 11:38:44 AM

As you said, crypto market is controlled mostly by bitcoin, when bitcoin value goes down, the most of cryptocurrencies follow it and go down to. Nowadays the bitcoin price is volatile between 6000$ and 6.8k$ which it's too low compared to the bitcoin value few months ago. I hope that bitcoin price will increase soon, so the market will be green again and we can make a profit, because I think a lot of us are holding bitcoin for the future.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: