Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 10:14:27 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Does bitcoin control the market?  (Read 1491 times)
Drakula

Activity: 421
Merit: 105

View Profile
September 22, 2018, 11:42:24 AM

Bitcoin is the basis of the crypto world. Each newly added altcoin to the market is based on the price of bitcoin. Bitcoin doesn't control the market, but gives directions. An increase in bitcoin value increases the market value and this affects altcoins. In some cases, some altcoins can be independent of bitcoins with improvements made.
Yes definitely. I agree with you there. There's a reason why its called king of coins because everything is really dependent upon the profile of bitcoin. Bitcoin plays a vital role in their market prices.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
munify

Activity: 386
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 22, 2018, 12:22:56 PM

Bitcoin has a big influence on the market, because bitcoin is the strongest because of its popularity, and if bitcoin goes down all coins will be affected.

GptVerse.art
A Metaverse App to Shop, Learn, Organize, and Play!
CryptoSmile

Activity: 770
Merit: 102

View Profile
September 22, 2018, 12:35:50 PM

I see the price movement of crypto always moves following the price of bitcoin, when the price of bitcoin rises, then the other coins also go up, and when the price of bitcoin down, the other coins also go down. This means that bitcoin does control the market in cryptocurrency.
tonyvo2017

Activity: 526
Merit: 10

Lifestyle & Wellness Platform

View Profile
September 22, 2018, 12:59:13 PM

Most people believe that the price of altcoins' is determined by the price of bitcoin and that they tend to follow it's market movements.

I partially disagree with this. I have studied prices of coins and tokens on CMC and the fluctuations of each currency seems to be unique and independent of any other digital currency. Some show strong pumps when BTC goes down and some heavy dumps when BTC is rising.

Undoubtedly, there are market forces and factors which affects most currencies, this is not influenced by bitcoins price, it rather controls bitcoins' price as well as others.
So when trading or investing, make sure you treat each currency differently as they have different utilities.
I think Bitcoin is the best currency and it more or less dominates the market. However, altcoins are also very good and worth the investment. You probably have also learned about altcoins. Perhaps you will find Euthereum or Litecoins as 2 potential altcoins. Although Bitcoin is good, do not ignore the competition from the altcoins.

Payme21

Activity: 252

View Profile WWW
September 22, 2018, 01:12:51 PM

I don't think bitcoin controls the price of other crypto  currencies. But there are market forces that affect most coins all at the same time that one could interpret wrongly to mean bitcoin is determining prices of other coins

▀▀▀▀▀█████████   CRYPTON          ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬                    
▬▬          Revolutionary Cryptocurrency Exchange
rhenrhen

Activity: 336

View Profile
September 22, 2018, 02:10:15 PM

I don't think so. But I think bitcoin is one of the so many factors that affect the market. The truth is, bitcoin became the King of All Coins, thus, this affect other coins but the total market.
cybernetik7

Activity: 560
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 22, 2018, 04:03:15 PM

Even though Bitcoin doesn't have an exact effect on an individual altcoin, it determines trends on the market. Thus, it may behave like a catalizor or inhibitor. When deciding to trade, we have to see bitcoin as a very important indicator or anchor.

▄▄█▀▀█▄▄
  ▄▄█████▄▄█████▄▄
████  ███  ███  ████
  ▀▀█████▀▀█████▀▀

▀█▄▄  ▀▀█▄▄█▀▀   ▄▄█
 ▀▀███▄▄     ▄▄██▀██
     ▀███   ██▀  ▄█
██     ██  ██ ▄██▀██
▀██    ██  ███▀  ▄██
 ▀███▄▄██  ██ ▄███▀
    ▀▀███  ▀██▀▀
Just.Bet 

█▀▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄
DICE
LOTTERY
PLINKO
COIN FLIP
CRASH
WHEEL
▀▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄▄█
        ███████       ▄▄██▄
                  ▄▄███▀▀██▄
      ██████   ▄███████▄▄███▄
               ▀██  █████████▄
                ▀█████████▀▀██▄
████████████     ▀███▀▀███▄▄██▀
██  ████  ██      ▀██▄▄███▀▀
█████▀▀█████  ██   ▀██▀▀
█████▄▄█████
██  ████  ██   ██████
████████████
DECENTRALIZED
PROVABLY FAIR
ON CHAIN GAMES
█▀▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
PLAY NOW
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄▄█
[/center]
nahotachikwem

Activity: 224

View Profile
September 22, 2018, 05:49:36 PM

Yes, bitcoin controls the market. Bitcoin is like a king amongs all. is like when the head is affected every other part of the body suffers it.
0t3p0t

Activity: 1554
Merit: 352

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile WWW
September 22, 2018, 06:31:22 PM

Most people believe that the price of altcoins' is determined by the price of bitcoin and that they tend to follow it's market movements.

I partially disagree with this. I have studied prices of coins and tokens on CMC and the fluctuations of each currency seems to be unique and independent of any other digital currency. Some show strong pumps when BTC goes down and some heavy dumps when BTC is rising.

Undoubtedly, there are market forces and factors which affects most currencies, this is not influenced by bitcoins price, it rather controls bitcoins' price as well as others.
So when trading or investing, make sure you treat each currency differently as they have different utilities.
As always Bitcoin tends to be the one that controls the market most especially to Altcoins prices. I can't even see an Altcoin that continually rising while Bitcoin is falling, I mean most Altcoin are affected and are dependent to Bitcoin. I might be wrong but my observation could also be accurate. Bitcoin might not be the one that controls the market as what you and others have said but one thing is for sure of course it's the community who can't control their emotions.

BIG WINNER!
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░
▀██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄
▀██░████████░███████░█▀
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████
▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
code

Activity: 536
Merit: 251

View Profile
September 23, 2018, 05:51:37 AM

you may have been following bitcoin in these last months, but in the past, altcoin has repeated the bitcoin movement in the medium term and in the short term too
NelfiNovita

Activity: 640
Merit: 104

View Profile
September 23, 2018, 07:44:08 AM

in my opinion bitcoin does not control market prices, but the rise and fall of altcoin prices depends on the price of bitcoin because bitcoin is the king and he is always followed. if bitcoin can control the market I think prices continue to rise. because you see market prices falling when bitcoin is down and it's just a coincidence, sometimes they are in opposite directions.

efxtrader

Activity: 924
Merit: 100

GoMeat - Digitalizing Meat Stores - ICO

View Profile
September 23, 2018, 08:27:05 AM

Every coin or token have their own movement againts bitcoin, but most altcoin using dollar value on their price and its depending on bitcoin price againts us dollar.
Indeed, we should treat every coin with different approuch because every coin or token have their own functionality.

oni4an

Activity: 658
Merit: 253

View Profile
September 23, 2018, 03:54:07 PM

Today Bitcoin is the basis of the foundation and the whole crypto world equals to it. There's nothing wrong with that, I think, just yet no currency has shown itself as Bitcoin, it was first and fundamental. We have to forgive this attitude to people.
TheCryptomath

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
September 23, 2018, 04:08:52 PM

Considering that 40% of Bitcoins are in the hands of 1000 individuals, (whales). This means that 1000 people control the Crypto market  Shocked
carlisle1

Activity: 2744
Merit: 541

Campaign Management?"Hhampuz" is the Man

View Profile
September 23, 2018, 04:26:44 PM

Well every views and concerns are respectable so i will not argue with you,though investors really runs the market,and they are controlling this .so its not bitcoin who controlls this but the market itself is capable of doing such.so let us have our own opinion.and besidest the end of the day,we will be trusting the market and not single coin
anggada18

Activity: 532
Merit: 101

View Profile
September 23, 2018, 04:31:34 PM

I also think when bitcoin dumps the alt is the same. but not all, although dominated like that. if you control it might not, but if you have influence, yes. see the utility that you say is one of the right solutions when starting to move. to minimize anxiety about money that has different utilities when we use it.
safarabela

Activity: 353
Merit: 4

View Profile
September 23, 2018, 04:32:17 PM

Bitcoin is the main coin in the market and is a crypto foundation. Bitcoin is influential in the market and when the price of bitcoin falls, the price of altcoin can also decline.
Kasliono

Activity: 266

View Profile
September 23, 2018, 04:36:26 PM

In my opinion, I agree that bitcoin control the market nowadays. As we already know that most of altcoins have pairing with bitcoin, so thats why when the prices of bitcoin is going down, then the prices of altcoins are going down too. We should understand that not all of altcoins depend on bitcoin, I have found some coins that even the prices of bitcoin is going down, it is stil Steady or even going up.
Easteregg69

Activity: 1443
Merit: 264

View Profile
September 23, 2018, 04:39:52 PM

In my opinion, I agree that bitcoin control the market nowadays. As we already know that most of altcoins have pairing with bitcoin, so thats why when the prices of bitcoin is going down, then the prices of altcoins are going down too. We should understand that not all of altcoins depend on bitcoin, I have found some coins that even the prices of bitcoin is going down, it is stil Steady or even going up.

In my honest opinion. You rule the market!

Throw some "shit" and see what sticks.
muhammedb

Activity: 378
Merit: 108

View Profile
September 23, 2018, 04:42:46 PM

In my own suggestion i think i will say this people are right when they say the price of cryptocurrency is been control by bitcoin, because i have really come to understand something about altcoin price that when ever ethereum is going down other coin join him too and what is the may reason the ethereum price is down mainly because bitcoin price is down so with this little view of mine i think i agree with the body that say bitcoin regulate crypt market.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: