Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 05:26:50 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Merits shouldn't be an individual's arbitrary decision  (Read 408 times)
amishmanish
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1158

View Profile
September 17, 2018, 05:44:38 PM

Did you read the post?
I did and I also checked the link, there were a lot of difference between the post and the link.
I feel it was a prejudiced decision as I see words from other end source added to a post.
This is not a content competition, was there a rule on the % of plagiarism?
While BT is bickering about spams and newbies, other  forums are going to the moon.
No one can complain without some random user going through his pride searching for some errors or even going as petty as checking for spelling errors and when the find some shallow fault, the moderators are more than happy to do their bidding.. That is what is killing the forum not spams and whatnot... Clear bais.
And when you call them out they hide as they have done on this thread.

It is good that you are trying to analyze this. Unbiased analysis is a necessity to unravel truth. If you did check the link, did you notice that the Description of WALLETS in OP's banned post is a word-to-word, direct copy-paste??

You may find the ban too much because this may seem not much of an offense to you. That is your personal judgement which maybe unique to ones socio-cultural norms. When it comes to the way "plagiarism" is defined, such a blatant and obvious copying of the "real content" without even a mention of a source is a pretty big offense.
It is easy for anybody to write a few words and then copy paste parts of a huge article making it look like "original content" when it is not. Classic plagiarism well detected by Loyce and deservedly banned. It is necessary to take care of clever con-artists with a ban hammer as early as possible. You will hence, not find any leniency in these matters.

Ohh and they don't HIDE. They actually don't have the time to waste because it is a lot of work trying to explain the same things over and over again.
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Vod
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 3074

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
September 17, 2018, 05:48:46 PM

I don't see how that user can be banned because his post has some similarities with an article on some other websites.
It could possibly have been used for research purposes, and the user took some information from there and other sites.

If someone posts another person's work, they need to cite it.

I see so much bias from newbie accounts like yourself who believe they should be able to steal to gain rank...

And I can prove it if necessary.

So you know the OP... no wonder.  :/

https://nastyscam.com - landing page up     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming soon!
OGNasty has early onset dementia; keep this in mind when discussing his past actions.
eddie13
Legendary

Activity: 2296
Merit: 2262

BTC or BUST

View Profile
September 17, 2018, 05:54:11 PM

i do not really feel handing out merits should be left entirely in the hands of those who have racked up numerous merits,or the big guns in the forum

Anyone who has more than 2 merits has at least 1 merit to hand out. Maybe you should consider your own ineptitude before blaming everyone else.

Edit: And your latest post here is plagiarized from here. Archived and reported. Enjoy your ban.

Another warning to everyone currently begging for merit - maybe you should consider your own stupidity before drawing attention to yourself.

Epic burn, high 5!

Step right on up to the plate and get the merit you deserve!!

I can just imagine this guy slamming his keyboard but maybe he has a ton of alt accounts and is used to losing one here and there..

100% backfire..

Chancellor on Brink of Second Bailout for Banks
o_e_l_e_o
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 18515

View Profile
September 17, 2018, 06:06:57 PM

I don't see how that user can be banned because his post has some similarities with an article on some other websites.

there were a lot of difference between the post and the link

"Some similarities"? "A lot of difference"? What are you talking about? It was pure copy-and-paste plagiarism:

TYPES OF WALLET
1)Desktop wallet:These are wallets usually created by the token developers,for example to find an official supported wallet for bitcoin,you can download one from https://bitcoin.org/en/choose-your-wallet
2)Mobile wallet:These are app-based wallets that you can download on your phone,although more common for Android based phones. Examples include the blockchain mobile wallet for android
3)Online wallet:All exchanges offer online wallet to allow you send and receive tokens,for example,Coinbase or my Etherwallet.com.it is highly recommended to store tokens offline to reduce risks of hacks,pshishing attempts and also the collapse of exchanges.while most exchanges have security protocols in place,there have been disasters like the infamous MT Goxhack in 2014 where $460 million worth of bitcoin was stolen
4)Paper wallet:paper wallet are simply print out of your wallets public and private keys along with a QR code you can scan.A private key is basically a sequence of letters and numbers (much like the long password)that you and only you should know,in order to unlock your wallet and access your tokens.Coindesk has a guide on how to create a paper wallet
5)Hardware wallet:These is the most secure way to store your tokens. Hardware wallets are completely offline(often referred to as cold storage)Hardware wallets do not support every token out there,so you must have to find out if the tokens you want to store are supported by the hardware wallet,popular options are the ledger nanos and the Trezor hardware wallet.

Desktop wallets
These are wallets usually created by the token developers. For example, to find an official supported wallet for Bitcoin, you can download one from https://bitcoin.org/en/choose-your-wallet
Mobile wallets
These are app-based wallets that you can download and install on your phone, although more common for Android based phones. Examples include the Blockchain mobile wallet for Android.
Online Wallets
All exchanges offer online wallets, to allow you to send and receive tokens. For example, Coinbase or MyEtherWallet.com. It is highly recommended to store tokens offline to reduce risks of hacks, phishing attempts, and also the collapse of exchanges. While most exchanges have security protocols in place, there have been disasters like the infamous Mt Gox hack in 2014 where $460 million worth of Bitcoin was stolen.
Paper Wallets
Paper wallets are basically a print out of your wallet’s public and private keys, along with a QR code you can scan. A private key is basically a sequence of letters and numbers (much like a long password), that you, and ONLY you should know, in order to unlock your wallet and access your tokens. Coindesk has a guide on how to create a paper wallet.
Hardware wallets
These are the most secure way to store your tokens. Hardware wallets are completely offline (often referred to as cold storage). Hardware wallets do not support every token out there, so you will need to find out if the tokens you want to store are supported by the hardware wallet. Popular options are the Ledger Nano S and the Trezor Hardware Wallet.

The issue here is, is that post a direct copy of the link?

Yes.

And does that deserve an instant ban?

Yes. See the rules here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=703657.0 - "33. Posting plagiarized content is not allowed."

And also were the moderators biased because the user made an unsavoury post?

No. They were upholding the rules.

And when would we have anyone protecting the rights of the lower ranking members?

You have the same rights as everyone else. If I plagiarized, I would also be banned.

Since you clearly haven't, I would suggest familiarizing yourself with the forum rules before posting any further.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: