Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 11:16:38 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: ♻️ Demoted newbie ! Don't be upset, see guidelines to get 1 merit and rank up.✔  (Read 732 times)
The Cryptovator (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2240
Merit: 2172

Need PR/CMC & CG? TG @The_Cryptovator

View Profile WWW
September 17, 2018, 05:28:18 PM
Last edit: October 15, 2018, 03:47:24 AM by Coolcryptovator
Merited by vapourminer (2), dbshck (2), bones261 (2), krogothmanhattan (1), DdmrDdmr (1), Bitfort (1)

Perhaps you was surprised once you saw that you are demoted to newbie. Today forum admin implement Enhanced newbie restrictions & requirements as well you know. This is real time implementations. May be this rules make disappointed most of people's usually. I want to say be disappointed or emotional. Rules for build a decent forum together, and it was necessary. Don't be upset. Do you know wise word of Adlof Hitler?
 "If you don't like a rule, just follow it, reach the top and change it" - by Adlof Hitler
That's true. However even you can't change rules but  you can contribute your skill and experience to forum. Admin always respect useful suggestion from reputed member's.

However some personal suggestion from my side that you can follow to earn minimum merits to become Jr. Member  again. This is totally my personal opinion, don't care if you aren't not agree. You can avoid it if you aren't not agree.

1. Delete your spam post:
You should delete your post those are really you think a spam. Especially those are just you made for increase activity or for signature campaign(include your bounty reports those are unnecessary). Most of merit source will visit your post history before send merit to you. As far as I know they always try to avoid one liner. You might think that your activity will decrease if deleted your post. But there is no meaning of your activity if you don't have enough merit for your rank. You could be a decent member of this forum. By deleting your own post means you reduce so many spam from forum by yourself. Those post are really not contribute any knowledge, you should delete as soon as possible.

2. Avoid posting on mega thread:
You should avoid posting on mega thread in order to improve you posting behaviour. Even your post quality is good and useful but you made it on mega thread like 20/25 page's, no one will read it especially merit source and well reputed member's. So there is very low chance to earn merit. So avoid mega thread will increase chance to earn merit if you are really a good poster.

3. Improve your posting behaviour:
This is the most important in order to earn merit. What you was in before just forget it. Motivate yourself to improve posting behaviour. Don't make post just increase your activity as well I said on above. Share your skill and experience in all over forum. Before posting think about what you are going to post. It's is really high quality ? Or really helpful for forum? Try to improve your English skill as much as possible. At least you should able to exposed what is on your mind. Don't post off topic that's are not appropriate with main thread. Research before answering any question. Don't copy paste others post or from Google. It might be ban your account permanently. Always try to make a decent and unique reply. If you don't like your own reply than how others will like it? So try to change your posting behaviour and improve it. Don't post unnecessary picture, bold, color and over size front for posting.

4. Post useful & informative articles:
Do you think this post is useful for you (newbie) ? I hope it's useful for newbie. Never mind if I not merited on this post, because I earned lot of merit. Do don't post only for earn merit, and don't expect merit all of your post. You should post thread with useful and informative that will help & motivate others. Use search button before posting. Because so many similar post will disqualify you to earn merit. So make sure your information is unique and decent. Stolen others information will ban your account. Everyone have different skill & knowledge, so share your best thought and skill on forum. Just like you can share your knowledge and guidelines about crypro currency if you know it well. Over all you should share useful topic that are not yet post on forum. It will increase your chance to earn merit. Don't make unnecessary post to avoid spam. Except useful or informative topic will consider spam. So there is no chance to earn merit as well. One thing you should care, just make long post it dose'nt mean that is useful or quality post. Try to explain shortly as much possible. Make too long post might discourage people's to read it.

Don't waste your time just claiming to admin. Change yourself first. Admin always encourage merit source and smerit holders to spend their merit on quality post. Blaming to admin will not solve your problem. Your hard work can solve your problem. It's your time to become a assets for forum.

I am wondering to help few newbie as well and I expect more merit source and smerit holders will help too. Don't be hopeless, you will achieve your goals if you are become a good poster.

Personally I don't think it will too difficult to earn 1 merit if you follow above guidelines

Note: If you are a good poster and you are worried about limitation of newbie and signature like sending pm and posting with image, there is option for you;
Many of these limitations can be eliminated with a copper membership. In particular, you can set a signature at Member level if you wear a copper membership.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
"You Asked For Change, We Gave You Coins" -- casascius
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
The Cryptovator (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2240
Merit: 2172

Need PR/CMC & CG? TG @The_Cryptovator

View Profile WWW
September 17, 2018, 07:36:58 PM

Thanks for your good suggestions it's quite helping hope I get some merit soon

Welcome, your goals depend on your hard work. Don't make post only for earning merit, make post for forum and members. Useful reply and post can motivate others also. This community is for help each other's and share knowledge. What you got from community it's not matter, what is you are contributing on forum this is the matter. It's look to me you need improve your posting behaviour as well.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
crypt0j0e

Activity: 115
Merit: 2

View Profile
September 18, 2018, 01:13:21 AM

These are all very good points that you covered. I personally never considered the issue with posting in mega threads until now but the way you described it makes perfect sense. I can see how quality posts will probably never get recognized in a mega thread if it's buried among hundreds of other posts.

In regards to the useful and informative articles. I think it might be difficult to share on a topic that hasn't already been covered yet. Several times i've heard members saying there are no new topics that they can share on the forum and it discourages them from posting. But let's say if a member posted on a topic that has already been covered would it get deleted because it's duplicated? What are your thoughts on that?

Verity the Real-Time Decentralized Oracle
Register Today! (https://alpha.verity.network/?referral=AE33164)
True Vozer

Activity: 128
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 18, 2018, 02:10:50 AM

I don't agree with the number 2, some discussions can be dozens long pages, members who is interested could read each post in it, and when they see good posts, merit comes out. You're making newbie keep away from good threads just because those threads have  long pages.
Insanerman

Activity: 1162
Merit: 450

View Profile
September 18, 2018, 02:30:23 AM
Merited by The Cryptovator (1)

I don't agree with the number 2, some discussions can be dozens long pages, members who is interested could read each post in it, and when they see good posts, merit comes out. You're making newbie keep away from good threads just because those threads have  long pages.
Usually, the repeated question and answers is most likely the cause of threads having long pages even tho that it is a useful one. Some people are just repeating the answers and opinions over and over again but with a different construction of sentence. That is why replying in megathread is not recommended even if you know the topic that has been created.
True Vozer

View Profile
September 18, 2018, 05:01:52 AM

Usually, the repeated question and answers is most likely the cause of threads having long pages even tho that it is a useful one. Some people are just repeating the answers and opinions over and over again but with a different construction of sentence. That is why replying in megathread is not recommended even if you know the topic that has been created.

So, new newbie should post new threads with the same questions and answers but with a different construction of sentence?
5o5kY

Activity: 294
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
September 18, 2018, 05:14:03 AM

So you basically you removed all of the images I've posted for several translations, which some people payed me to do for them...

I never spammed, scammed or whatever... All of my posts were geniune and if they were short and critical, it was because it was obvious.... I don't know how to use a bot and I never intended to...

I suppose whatever constructive and critical, very thoughtful posts I made in the past are not taken in consideration... of course...

Toqqn.com ● Crypto Mining Is Now Social
▬▬ ● ● Blockchain Based, Powered by People ● ● ▬▬ (https://toqqn.com)
amishmanish
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1158

View Profile
September 18, 2018, 05:27:01 AM
Merited by DdmrDdmr (2), TryNinja (1)

4. Post useful & informative articles:
Do you think this post is useful for you (newbie) ? I hope it's useful for newbie. Never mind if I not merited on this post, because I earned lot of merit. Do don't post only for earn merit, and don't expect merit all of your post. You should post thread with useful and informative that will help & motivate others. Use search button before posting. Because so many similar post will disqualify you to earn merit. So make sure your information is unique and decent. Stolen others information will ban your account. Everyone have different skill & knowledge, so share your best thought and skill on forum. Just like you can share your knowledge and guidelines about crypro currency if you know it well. Over all you should share useful topic that are not yet post on forum. It will increase your chance to earn merit. Don't make unnecessary post to avoid spam. Except useful or informative topic will consider spam. So there is no chance to earn merit as well. One thing you should care, just make long post it dose'nt mean that is useful or quality post. Try to explain shortly as much possible. Make too long post might discourage people's to read it.

A lot of newbies post content from articles elsewhere and may copy-paste a lot of material in the process. Instead, share your own understanding on the issue in your own words. Then provide a link to the original article from where your thought train started.

If copy-pasted content is detected, you WILL get banned, no matter how you rationalize it. Do not look for the easy way out as it will mean a lot of heartburn later, if you get caught.
amishmanish
Legendary

View Profile
September 18, 2018, 05:34:28 AM

So you basically you removed all of the images I've posted for several translations, which some people payed me to do for them...

I never spammed, scammed or whatever... All of my posts were geniune and if they were short and critical, it was because it was obvious.... I don't know how to use a bot and I never intended to...

I suppose whatever constructive and critical, very thoughtful posts I made in the past are not taken in consideration... of course...

You have been really engaged with the ICO scene with good feedback. ICOs and these ANN threads are a reality now and the sole purpose for a lot of new users. I have a feeling that you are an old, more experienced user and if you would share more, the newcomers would benefit from it.

Looking forward to better engaging posts from you. Merited an old post of yours.
5o5kY

Activity: 294

View Profile WWW
September 18, 2018, 05:43:32 AM

You have been really engaged with the ICO scene with good feedback. ICOs and these ANN threads are a reality now and the sole purpose for a lot of new users. I have a feeling that you are an old, more experienced user and if you would share more, the newcomers would benefit from it.

Looking forward to better engaging posts from you. Merited an old post of yours.

I am not really that old on the forum... I am just... poor... hungry for building a network of persons that are heavily involved in crypto... I am just doing my job, doing the translations, trying to control the BBCode to do what I want it to do and when all that is done, I am searching for projects, asking questions and.......... reporting spammers.

I got passed the initial vision of "gainz"... I am pretty much passionate about crypto now... To be honest, in the last 2 months, I've completely ignored music (my main activity) and gone full 24/7 crypto... I am trying to convince people to join this space... I've pretty much spammed a friend (face to face) about crypto, because he knows how to code...he gave up and now he is trying to learn solidity and how the dApps work.

And, thank you for the merit.

Toqqn.com ● Crypto Mining Is Now Social
▬▬ ● ● Blockchain Based, Powered by People ● ● ▬▬ (https://toqqn.com)
raghovsing34

Activity: 333

Security and Privacy Features on the Blockchain

View Profile WWW
September 18, 2018, 11:57:17 AM

The suggestions and information you gave were really helpful for me. But it seems very bad that after posting a lot, I could not achieve any merit. But I believe that very soon I can achieve some merit and again I will become a jr member.

▄ ▄▄  We reinvented the way privacy and anonimity should look like  ▄▄ ▄
▄▄▄ ▄ ▄▄▄ ▄▄ ▄           PRIVIX.io           ▄ ▄▄ ▄▄▄ ▄ ▄▄▄
Daddyj2

Activity: 532

View Profile
September 18, 2018, 01:03:10 PM

Just got back after I rest for more than a month from promoting bounty campaigns and see this. I tried to post useful information and contribute useful answers to threads but never got any merit for that. I was not even joining signature campaigns so I'm not really upset. I was just posting on threads I have something to contribute and was not posting to get merits.

"Hard work puts you where luck can find you."
truehodler2018

Activity: 81

View Profile
September 18, 2018, 04:27:03 PM

Thank you so much for sharing this Guideline with us.  I was kind of upset about losing my rank after all these months. I will keep these in mind whenever i post something. I don't feel hopeless anymore, i know one day i will get a merit for my contribution to this community. Have a nice day Smiley
D1zee

View Profile
September 18, 2018, 05:03:56 PM

I totally agree, this also means that projects with long pages will probably now suffer receiving post on them even when you think you have meaningful thing to say because people might now be targeting newer threads to post on, I don't think that should be notion of posters. 
Obiwankenodium
Copper Member

Activity: 322
Merit: 15

View Profile WWW
September 19, 2018, 06:58:57 PM

So, new newbie should post new threads with the same questions and answers but with a different construction of sentence?
No!
Why should anyone, newbie or not, post a new topic about a subject that just has been answered? Thats spamming. Just like its spamming to answer an already answered question by reohrasing the previously given answer. There is no ooint in doing those things, its a big part of the annoyance.

ericz

Activity: 139
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 20, 2018, 03:04:02 AM

The change in rules is bad news for us. Especially for non-English speaking countries like us, we are weak in language.
Does the forum management team consider adding other methods to gain merit.
such as:
1. Seriously reply to 50 posts and get a merit.
2. According to the development needs of the forum, release some tasks. After completing the task, you can get a merit.
The benign development of the forum is beneficial to everyone.
forkindex

Activity: 74

View Profile
September 20, 2018, 03:24:04 AM

Thank you mate!  It is very helpful for me,  several months ago I registered it, I really posted some low-quality posts,  but just as you said, What you was in before just forget it, I have deleted all of them, starting a new life on BTT,will not post only for some reasons, I will post when I need to say something or joining some meaningful discussions. trying to learn more techs and skills at this bear market, thank you for your kind tips. Wink Smiley
amishmanish
Legendary

View Profile
September 20, 2018, 03:35:04 AM

The suggestions and information you gave were really helpful for me. But it seems very bad that after posting a lot, I could not achieve any merit. But I believe that very soon I can achieve some merit and again I will become a jr member.
It does seem you are posting your own words and not just reports. You seem to be here exclusively for the altcoins and Masternodes. Maybe share a bit more and show that your intentions are more than simply trading and earning money out here.

If you can, try and get engaged with what bitcoin is really about and see if it is worth your time. Engage in the discussion and see if you want to be one of the better members out here.
kochua

Activity: 98

View Profile
September 20, 2018, 04:50:51 AM

This new rule is certainly good for the forum to prevent spam post https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5030366.msg45810047#msg45810047 but those who are source need to be very much helpful to us. We have become really frustrated by being demoted to newbie. We should try more constructive post If we do, we will certainly get merit and get our jr member rank back.
lebrone08

Activity: 142
Merit: 2

View Profile
September 27, 2018, 01:18:40 PM

This is a good example of a formative post. I think 1-5 pages is the advisable thread that you can reply with so that someone would not get bored reading your post. Just like in applying a job, short resume will do. You dont need to put everything about your self so that if the interviewer ask you something that is not stated in your resume you still have other characteristic that you can share with, on your interviewer.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: