Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 11:19:39 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Politics, Economics, and Cryptocurrencies, who will lead the crypto market?  (Read 258 times)
1Referee
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427

View Profile
September 19, 2018, 08:43:51 AM

A decentralized project does not belong to any country. This is the sacred stone of true projects related to cryptocurrencies. It is not possible to imagine that someone like Putin could be in the long term favorable to Bitcoin.

Why not? It may indirectly happen at some point.

Governments are tied to each other when it comes to conducting business on various levels, and the most convenient way to settle transactions is to use something that doesn't favor any government specifically. Bitcoin is neutral and that offers the possibility to conduct fair transactions, while right now every government is subject to potential shenanigans from a banking system that can't be trusted in any shape or form.

I'm actually expecting this sort of activity to take off in the coming few years. In other words, it's not only we as in the normal folks that are in need for decentralization.
"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
frowsiter

Activity: 714
Merit: 261

View Profile
September 19, 2018, 09:05:45 AM

In my opinion the economically strong country along with the political forces who agrees on the existence of the crypto currency will overcome other nations and thus will help the crypto legalities within then territory.

You speak about he Russia and most of the ICO's coming from that continent and you are thinking that it may be the first one to accept the crypto. But ho you have forgotten that there are already two to three countries who have legalised the use of crypto currency within their nation and they are Japan, Thailand, Australia etc.

Just because Russia has lot of ICO doesn't mean they will accept it.
timerland

Activity: 1526
Merit: 596

View Profile
September 19, 2018, 09:43:39 AM

I don't think that the correlations you found are necessarily correct.

Just because a government is issuing their own national cryptocurrency which is centralized, and supportive of that (including the example of the Venezuelan Petro as you mentioned), doesn't mean that they are actually pro-decentralized cryptos whatsoever.

In fact, some countries have the complete opposite policy. For example, India has essentially restricted access to bitcoin in an attempt at getting the banks to not co-operate with bitcoin related entities, yet they're trying to look towards building their own national backed crypto.

With bitcoin as a global currency I really don't think that it's logical to point towards any particular country or state as the leader of the crypto market, though countries with favorable regulations will likely attract more innovators in this field as well as regulated entities.

Smiley
daoudhichem (OP)

Activity: 110
Merit: 2

View Profile
September 19, 2018, 02:44:49 PM

palle11

Thanks bro, but Africa is not a country with one governments, there are different nations in this country, some supports crypto, but some doesn't.

Morocco from example prohibited the use of cryptocurrencies, Egypt and Tunisia as well, but people still using crypto everywhere.
reflector

Activity: 826
Merit: 263

View Profile
September 19, 2018, 03:03:46 PM

Politics is lead the entire world so we should not consider this will be lead the crypto market. But economics and cryptocurrency are linked in the single line so these two are lead in current crypto market. Because economic development automatically improve the growth of crypto currency so current market demand was few only but future commodity is waiting for the best technology so Economics is occupy major role in crypto market.
justdimin

Activity: 2996
Merit: 670

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
September 20, 2018, 08:00:21 AM

but which country (s) wil be the capital of crypto? I think it's Russia.

Grin The thing is dicey. The country that will become the capital of crypto won't really be determined by the country that has the highest usage. I see it being politically determined because cryptocurrency will become a very big business space and the world powers will most likely influence it.
A whole lot dicey I must say. However, relating to the decentralized world, I would not say this is going to bring power or control to some particular space more than the rest. Globally, everyone will find a way to blend in and sure, the most country quick to adopt will have a lot of its citizens holding, and we all know the importance of early adoption compared to the laggards.

There will be a lot of problem for a dictatorship setting, but in reality, they really would not stop any smart person from being a part of the community as the control is not in their hands.

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
█████████████████████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
magneto

Activity: 1666
Merit: 753

View Profile
September 20, 2018, 08:25:42 PM

Obviously, the countries who will be at the forefront of crypto adoption will be the ones where regulations are mature but still supportive of bitcoin (without disrupting the actual use of bitcoin).

For now, this seems like countries like Japan (if they don't decide to put any extra taxes on bitcoin), Canada, Australia etc.

What you noted with Venezuela, Russia etc. having support of crypto is misleading because planning on issuing or supporting a centralised cryptocurrency issued by themselves is literally the same as supporting their own national fiat currency. It's not actually support bitcoin at all in terms of regulation or whatnot.
marcbitcoins

Activity: 854
Merit: 108

View Profile
September 21, 2018, 03:13:08 AM

daoudhichem, your country prohibits cryptocurrency trading and mining because its not legal tender money. Its not a currency that was decreed by law to be the only one used by its citizens. If you were your country's president would you allow it to be used freely, costing of your own's country's financial system?

Russia has been slow to regulate it maybe because they know it would be a waste of time.

Very true! Russia will be far from the reality to be the leading nation to take control of Crypto currency that i prefer China over them because of series of manipulation attempt made by this country to control Bitcoin. For me, for the good governance to lead all countries of handing crypto it will be between Japan and USA as they shows great contributions just to make Crypto currency to be protected. In general, Politics will overall lead the Crypto market.
jonatuzc

Activity: 854
Merit: 501

View Profile
September 22, 2018, 07:19:06 AM

A decentralized project does not belong to any country. This is the sacred stone of true projects related to cryptocurrencies. It is not possible to imagine that someone like Putin could be in the long term favorable to Bitcoin.

Why not? It may indirectly happen at some point.

Governments are tied to each other when it comes to conducting business on various levels, and the most convenient way to settle transactions is to use something that doesn't favor any government specifically. Bitcoin is neutral and that offers the possibility to conduct fair transactions, while right now every government is subject to potential shenanigans from a banking system that can't be trusted in any shape or form.

I'm actually expecting this sort of activity to take off in the coming few years. In other words, it's not only we as in the normal folks that are in need for decentralization.
Partially agree with what you say about the topic. Majority of the nations fully agree to use SD as their international currency to deal and trade in because of the fact that their own currencies might be very down either or they might not be accepted everywhere.

I think its only the political system that is the superior. The government decides whether or not to recognize the crypto and these decisions are normally based on their policies. If their policies suit the crypto intervention in the already established economy, they would welcome it otherwise not.
GregH37
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1037

View Profile
September 22, 2018, 07:44:10 AM

Russia will not be the capital of the crypts, that's for sure. Among the politicians and in general representatives of the authorities of this country there were very contradictory views on the future of the crypto currency in this country and I saw in their statements more negative than its adoption. What is worth mentioning is the draft law on the criminalization of the use of crypto currency as a means of payment submitted to the State Duma of that country, that says it all. In my opinion, with the current authorities, the crypto currency for the people of Russia will be closed.
No place can be the capital of crypto. Sure, some countries will tend to adopt it more than the rest pretty fast and that sure speaks well for the benefit they stand to gain as early adopters. I see this space as a decentralized space and coupled with the fact that Russia itself is not really certain where she stands in the whole thing, still begs for question.

I believe as time goes on, a lot of countries will start seeing the benefit and then there would be a global spread of usage than a country trying to control things they know cannot be controlled.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: