Bitcoin Forum
May 23, 2024, 09:12:32 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Should newbies be restricted again?  (Read 3209 times)
E.exchanger

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

NEED CRYPTO CODER? COIN DEVELOPER? PM US FOR HELP!

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 09:29:24 PM

Maybe a compromise would be newbies are prohibited from making new threads outside beginners,  but can reply to existing threads.

+1. (If we are voting on it)

Count my vote in +1
Walter Rothbard

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

Bytecoin: 8VofSsbQvTd8YwAcxiCcxrqZ9MnGPjaAQm

View Profile WWW
March 07, 2014, 09:47:39 PM

Absolutely.  I didn't realize this restriction had been lifted, but I had been thinking the whitelisting was just a little bit too free lately.

SlidingHorn

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 09:52:23 PM

Maybe a compromise would be newbies are prohibited from making new threads outside beginners,  but can reply to existing threads.

+1. (If we are voting on it)

Count my vote in +1

I support this idea 100% - if anyone cares, lol

Kluge
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1015

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 09:59:59 PM

I honestly haven't noticed a change (outside of less threads complaining about newbie restrictions), but I often frequented the newbies subforum, so I'm totally fine with keeping the restrictions lift in place.
locopao
Legendary

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 10:52:28 PM

Here's to the losers
The substance abusers
To the rejects
All the imperfects

'Cause I think we're beautiful
No matter what anyone says
I think we're beautiful
The most beautiful in the world

I know you're tired of being put down
And all the crap that's said in town
But you're the person that matters most
I raise my glass and make a toast

Here's to the losers
The substance abusers
To the rejects
All the imperfects

No matter what anyone says
I think we're beautiful
The most beautiful in the world
Mr Crypto

Activity: 15
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 12:03:42 AM
Last edit: March 08, 2014, 12:17:18 AM by Mr Crypto

How do you expect newer user's to meet the standard requirements needed to be a high quality user, when we are restricted to posting only once every 6 minutes? Not to mention private messaging is not allowed from what I see. It's saying I've posted already within the last 360 seconds (before this post) and won't let me message anybody. This is my first time online for the past month, having to wait 6 minutes to reply to a PM is pathetic.

Edit: Totally pathetic restrictions. I wait 90 seconds to search the forum for something specific, but have to wait ANOTHER 90 SECONDS TO VIEW THE SECOND PAGE OF RESULTS.

Yeah, this forum's a joke.
SlidingHorn

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 12:17:09 AM

How do you expect newer user's to meet the standard requirements needed to be a high quality user, when we are restricted to posting only once every 6 minutes? Not to mention private messaging is not allowed from what I see. It's saying I've posted already within the last 360 seconds (before this post) and won't let me message anybody. This is my first time online for the past month, having to wait 6 minutes to reply to a PM is pathetic.

Wasnt a problem for me or thousands of other members who were newbs when restrictions were in place...

explorer
Legendary

Activity: 2016
Merit: 1259

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 12:31:51 AM

Wasnt a problem for me or thousands of other members who were newbs when restrictions were in place...

Well, I won't say it wasn't a problem, but it was bearable, and finite, and in good cause.  Blast away with useless posts in the noob area, and get it out of your system. By then the requirements will be met, and you can contribute elsewhere at will, or be ignored (best forum feature EVER).
jbrnt

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 12:37:42 AM

I do not mind the spamming as much. It is the ponzis, malware, and suspcious links from zero post newbies that bothered me.
Remember remember the 5th of November (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1011

Reverse engineer from time to time

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 12:55:53 AM

More scam threads are popping up from newly registered threads. Theymos stop this!

BTC:1AiCRMxgf1ptVQwx6hDuKMu4f7F27QmJC2
subSTRATA
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1043

:^)

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 01:01:25 AM

New members should pay like 0.01 BTC to register. There are many faucets, there are many exchanges and hardly anyone comes here anymore
for reasons other than to make money. With everything that has to do with making money there are initial costs so why make it 0 with Bitcoin?

theres nothing here. message me if you want to put something here.
nahtnam
Legendary

Activity: 1092

nahtnam.com

View Profile WWW
March 08, 2014, 01:03:51 AM

New members should pay like 0.01 BTC to register.

Haha. In that case, only scammers are going to join... They will pay 0.01 BTC and then use their ponzi to make 1-2 BTC...

subSTRATA
Legendary

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 01:05:31 AM

Haha. In that case, only scammers are going to join... They will pay 0.01 BTC and then use their ponzi to make 1-2 BTC...

Then you ban their ponzi schemes and thus hurt their wallets. After a while most of them will give up. Right now there is almost no cost to register
here and attempt to scam, very bad idea!

nahtnam
Legendary

nahtnam.com

View Profile WWW
March 08, 2014, 01:06:17 AM

Then you ban their ponzi schemes and thus hurt their wallets. After a while most of them will give up.

This is a community forum. I dont think mods/theymos will delete posts like that.

subSTRATA
Legendary

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 01:10:09 AM

This is theymos pissyard. Too bad such retard became owner of main Bitcoin forum.

nahtnam
Legendary

nahtnam.com

View Profile WWW
March 08, 2014, 01:11:29 AM

This is theymos pissyard. Too bad such retard became owner of main Bitcoin forum.

Retard?!?! Most forum usually fail after huge attacks, hacks, or a lack of funds. I am surprised that this forum actually survived for so long.

subSTRATA
Legendary

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 01:13:07 AM

Retard?!?! Most forum usually fail after huge attacks, hacks, or a lack of funds. I am surprised that this forum actually survived for so long.

Technical expertise is a clear sign of incompetence elsewhere.

nahtnam
Legendary

nahtnam.com

View Profile WWW
March 08, 2014, 01:14:03 AM

Technical expertise is a clear sign of incompetence elsewhere.

Huh

solex
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1002

100 satoshis -> ISO code

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 01:14:24 AM

Maybe newbies could start with full access, as now, but be kicked into newbie jail if they hit a certain ratio of ignores to posts.

subSTRATA
Legendary

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 01:15:37 AM

What, you wanna tell me theymos is perfect? I could prove it to you easily why he is running this forum badly but it is pointless because he himself
and most who have power around here do not care.

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: