Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 06:35:23 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Has Merit (MRT) found the way for mass adoption?  (Read 134 times)
pikatju (OP)

Activity: 336
Merit: 100

https://wallet.merit.me/?invite=Pikachu

View Profile
September 18, 2018, 02:53:41 AM

Hi all,

I recently heard about the MERIT coin. It is a new approach to make the cryptocurrency adoption easier. For example, you will be able to perform transfers to mobile numbers or aliases instead of the normal long addresses.
Also, their growth model is a bit different. You have to get invited to start using the platform. This ensures a more organic growth where every member is more engaged. To get an invitation you can send me a PM.

I recently started mining Merit (MRT) and it is quite profitable compared to other coins like ETH or MONA. If you need help getting started you can ask me here.

Let me know what you think of this coin. Does it have a future? What do you think of the invite-only approach?

Here is a comparison of the coin versus other coins:

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ericbal

Activity: 144
Merit: 6

View Profile
September 18, 2018, 08:20:57 PM

Hi.

I do like this project, that I follow for a fw months. Mining at first, now inviting people to join with the invitations I gathered, as my laptop is too weak to mine with the increase in difficulty.
I really love these 2 sides of earning tokens.

The customer centric, non-techy approach is very cool too.

So I'm very excited about it, and impatient to see how things are going to move!
mummybtc

Activity: 868
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 18, 2018, 08:32:20 PM

What I found funny about projects claiming they want to take cryptocurrencies to the public and cause its mass adoption is that they have not proven to cryptocurrencies enthusiasts to join their projects talkless of the public. I think we need a clear path to how to take crypto to the public
ericbal

View Profile
September 18, 2018, 09:19:41 PM

Hi.
I'm not sure to understand well your point (my english is not perfect), about the "talkless of the public"

Did you see how Merit tries to be more accessible than other crypto currencies?
- easy mining in one click
- alias instead of long adress
- possibility to add password or escrow wallet when sending money to avoir mistakes
pikatju (OP)

Merit: 100

https://wallet.merit.me/?invite=Pikachu

View Profile
September 20, 2018, 06:11:40 AM

I definitely see Merit has a better interface for the general public to use their coin. Imagine we can start sending in Whatsapp or FB chat.

Adebits

Activity: 182
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 20, 2018, 06:21:16 AM

Though they may have a better technology but mass adoption is not possible without the industry acceptance. So I think their starting point should be more about community acceptance and we will take it to the masses if it worth it.
Herbert2020
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1137

View Profile
September 20, 2018, 06:40:20 AM

For example, you will be able to perform transfers to mobile numbers or aliases instead of the normal long addresses.

are you talking about "alias" that is stored on its blockchain?
if so then it is  weak in my opinion because if it is truly about mass adoption as you say it is then you will soon run out of easy aliases and will end up with long complicated ones with lots of characters. essentially the same as a "long address"!
the reason why a bitcoin address is long (160 bit hash) is because it is designed for mass adoption so that we never run out of addresses.

imagine there are 10000 people named Herbert who want to use Meritcoin. if i take Herbert name they won't be able to. the next person has to take Herbert + some other string and the 10000th person will end up with something that will be a sentence! so it would be more like first come first have the best names and the rest are screwed!
not to mention that it will open up ways for scam. what if i took the name of something or someone popular? and then scam people with it by asking them to send me money!

Weak hands have been complaining about missing out ever since bitcoin was $1 and never buy the dip.
Whales are those who keep buying the dip.
Wale777

Merit: 1

View Profile
September 20, 2018, 06:53:12 AM

The idea of this project sounds good but there are some questions about the mining aspect without computer, do you mean I can mine using my Android phone and about the mass adoption, it's a good thing but it's more successful by taking one step at a time. In other words focus on the community before reaching out to the public for mass adoption and lastly sending to whatsapp and facebook other than long address is on point
wongdeso

Activity: 462
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 20, 2018, 06:59:07 AM

Though they may have a better technology but mass adoption is not possible without the industry acceptance. So I think their starting point should be more about community acceptance and we will take it to the masses if it worth it.

Coin Merit will be a coin that can be accepted and able to hit the public if this Merit is real and has potential, I think this should indeed be developed and managed well so that it is able to become a strong part of the coin with btc and eth.
ericbal

View Profile
September 21, 2018, 02:21:22 PM

For example, you will be able to perform transfers to mobile numbers or aliases instead of the normal long addresses.
are you talking about "alias" that is stored on its blockchain?
if so then it is  weak in my opinion because if it is truly about mass adoption as you say it is then you will soon run out of easy aliases and will end up with long complicated ones with lots of characters. essentially the same as a "long address"!
the reason why a bitcoin address is long (160 bit hash) is because it is designed for mass adoption so that we never run out of addresses.

That's is absolutely true.
Like for gmail Wink
But i remember icq with long chain numbers to share to be contacted... I prefer the email adress approach.
It's anyway something that will need to be dealed. When mass adoption occures.
ericbal

View Profile
September 21, 2018, 02:25:30 PM

Mining without having a computer? I know it can be done through various way, like what Minexcoin did. They have an app called minexbank that let you stake on your parked coins. But mining is quite different from staking. How can you say its mining but if the process is for staking? If its really mining then you need to harness energy to do it, mobile phones will tremble and damaged since they cannot process it compared to normal laptops or desktop. Can you explain this? Thanks.

I don't know if this part will really be developped.
At first, they wanted to push low CPU mining (including phone) but they switched their mind and now it's all in GPU mining.
So I guess the "no need for high power to mine" is still actual.
I'm more convinced by the "Proof of Growth" (rewarding those you share Merit invites, like pikatju or I) that is as valuated as the Proof of Work and that make no-miner can mine if they want.
And mining is easy too : just install the wallet and start mining. That's great Smiley
yayat

Activity: 434
Merit: 102

View Profile
October 30, 2018, 07:54:59 AM

damnnn !!
All tokens can be sent using Email and SMS, Oh My God !!!
That's very good and can beat the delivery of Bitcoin and all altcoins. Very Good !
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: