Bitcoin Forum
June 24, 2024, 05:14:29 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Ban appeal!  (Read 217 times)
Avengers360 (OP)

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 18, 2018, 05:45:53 AM

Good day, yesterday (17-09-18) a user in this forum,  kekenapep, was banned on the grounds of plagiarism.
I would like to appeal this ban, as I communicated with the user on another platform and he confirmed that it was not intentional, in his bid to make quality posts he was reading to gain knowledge and so his post had some similarities with an article online.
In fact one of his earlier quality posts had already been merited. And it was quite disheartening. And if he is pardoned, such would not happen again.

Also I tried to argue his case through an account, thintaddy, and also received a ban for protesting. Maybe I wasn't supposed to argue, now am appealing. And I would appreciate if the moderators can review this case.

P. S, the user kekenapep also received a red trust in addition to the ban, cause his post had similarities with another. I would also appreciate if this can be reviewed.
Thank you.
mocacinno
Legendary

Activity: 3430
Merit: 5033

https://merel.mobi => buy facemasks with BTC/LTC

View Profile WWW
September 18, 2018, 06:00:47 AM
Last edit: September 18, 2018, 06:11:16 AM by mocacinno
Merited by hilariousandco (2), SFR10 (2), LoyceV (1)

Good day, yesterday (17-09-18) a user in this forum,  kekenapep, was banned on the grounds of plagiarism.
I would like to appeal this ban, as I communicated with the user on another platform and he confirmed that it was not intentional, in his bid to make quality posts he was reading to gain knowledge and so his post had some similarities with an article online.
In fact one of his earlier quality posts had already been merited. And it was quite disheartening. And if he is pardoned, such would not happen again.

Also I tried to argue his case through an account, thintaddy, and also received a ban for protesting. Maybe I wasn't supposed to argue, now am appealing. And I would appreciate if the moderators can review this case.

P. S, the user kekenapep also received a red trust in addition to the ban, cause his post had similarities with another. I would also appreciate if this can be reviewed.
Thank you.

OK... Let's start by saying i'm not an admin, i'm not a mod, i'm not in DT...
I wasn't the one that banned you, i wasn't the one that red tagged you... Nor am i somebody that is allowed to undo any of these changes.

However...

I HAVE been a member of this forum for many, many years, and i've seen dozens of these situations. So i AM able to predict what will happen with a very high degree of certainty...

First problem: user kekenapep was banned: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=2129786
You say this is unjust because he posted an article that "had some similarities with an article online"
You mean that kekenapep completely by coincidence formed the exact same phrase as printed on coinwire?
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5030929.msg45832756#msg45832756

Sorry, but nobody will believe this... I'm 99,9999% sure user kekenapep will stay banned, since plagiarism is a perma-ban offence. I've only seen 1 appeal for such a perma-ban work (ever) and this was a guy that copied HIS OWN work from HIS OWN site to bitcointalk. Nobody else ever made a succesfull appeal for a plagiarism ban (AFAIK)

Second problem: user kekenapep received neg trust from DT: Vod's trust seems justified... He doesn't trust people that plagiarise, and to me, it looks like he's well within his rights to do this. Only Vod can remove the negative tag, but i don't see this happening anytime soon. Since i don't see user kenenapep being unbanned ever, it shouldn't matter either...

Thirth problem: user thintaddy being banned for protesting... Well, i can only tell how it looks to me (and probably to 99% of the other forum members): it's very hard to believe that you (Avengers360), thintaddy and kekenapep are 3 different people... We've all seen this "trick" numerous times, and usually it turns out the post making the ban appeal "in the name of a friend" is actually the banned "friend" himself...
Once one of your accounts is banned, it is in fact you (as a person) that is banned. If you continue posting with other accounts, this is called ban evasion and all accounts indulging in ban evasion will be banned aswell (if caught).
Once you're banned, you're only allowed to use 1 account to create 1 thread in meta to discuss your ban. If you continue posting outside this thread, you risk all your accounts getting banned ASAP.
I'm never 100% sure that this is actually happening, but the odds of this being the reason for your other account being banned is pretty big. It's nearly impossible to say this for sure, since it seems all thintaddy's posts were deleted  Roll Eyes

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
xtraelv
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1924

฿ear ride on the rainbow slide

View Profile
September 18, 2018, 07:02:40 AM
Last edit: September 18, 2018, 07:12:42 AM by xtraelv

Good day, yesterday (17-09-18) a user in this forum,  kekenapep, was banned on the grounds of plagiarism.

Similarities ? It was copy and paste and there was more than what I and what o_e_l_e_o posted.

Bans apply to the account owner - not just the account. This means that all alt accounts are forbidden from posting on the forum as well.

Permissive-type licenses include MIT, BSD, and Apache. It has minimal restrictions and allows the use and modification as well as re-distribution of the covered software on the licensee’s preferred terms.

Permissive-type licenses include MIT, BSD, and Apache. It has minimal restrictions and allows the use and modification as well as re-distribution of the covered software on the licensee’s preferred terms.
https://www.coinwire.com/attention-coders-ethereum-apps-licensing-issues-abound

The Ethereum Foundation complicates this already sensitive issue by leveraging different open-source licenses for Ethereum’s various components and by remaining indecisive as to the licensing scheme of the Ethereum core,

https://archive.fo/xK3Dd

For developers trying to understand the implications of licensing Ethereum as a business tool, the Ethereum Foundation complicates this already sensitive issue by leveraging different open-source licenses for Ethereum’s various components and by remaining indecisive as to the licensing scheme of the Ethereum core.

https://www.coinwire.com/attention-coders-ethereum-apps-licensing-issues-abound

"Some similarities"? "A lot of difference"? What are you talking about? It was pure copy-and-paste plagiarism:

TYPES OF WALLET
1)Desktop wallet:These are wallets usually created by the token developers,for example to find an official supported wallet for bitcoin,you can download one from https://bitcoin.org/en/choose-your-wallet
2)Mobile wallet:These are app-based wallets that you can download on your phone,although more common for Android based phones. Examples include the blockchain mobile wallet for android
3)Online wallet:All exchanges offer online wallet to allow you send and receive tokens,for example,Coinbase or my Etherwallet.com.it is highly recommended to store tokens offline to reduce risks of hacks,pshishing attempts and also the collapse of exchanges.while most exchanges have security protocols in place,there have been disasters like the infamous MT Goxhack in 2014 where $460 million worth of bitcoin was stolen
4)Paper wallet:paper wallet are simply print out of your wallets public and private keys along with a QR code you can scan.A private key is basically a sequence of letters and numbers (much like the long password)that you and only you should know,in order to unlock your wallet and access your tokens.Coindesk has a guide on how to create a paper wallet
5)Hardware wallet:These is the most secure way to store your tokens. Hardware wallets are completely offline(often referred to as cold storage)Hardware wallets do not support every token out there,so you must have to find out if the tokens you want to store are supported by the hardware wallet,popular options are the ledger nanos and the Trezor hardware wallet.

Desktop wallets
These are wallets usually created by the token developers. For example, to find an official supported wallet for Bitcoin, you can download one from https://bitcoin.org/en/choose-your-wallet
Mobile wallets
These are app-based wallets that you can download and install on your phone, although more common for Android based phones. Examples include the Blockchain mobile wallet for Android.
Online Wallets
All exchanges offer online wallets, to allow you to send and receive tokens. For example, Coinbase or MyEtherWallet.com. It is highly recommended to store tokens offline to reduce risks of hacks, phishing attempts, and also the collapse of exchanges. While most exchanges have security protocols in place, there have been disasters like the infamous Mt Gox hack in 2014 where $460 million worth of Bitcoin was stolen.
Paper Wallets
Paper wallets are basically a print out of your wallet’s public and private keys, along with a QR code you can scan. A private key is basically a sequence of letters and numbers (much like a long password), that you, and ONLY you should know, in order to unlock your wallet and access your tokens. Coindesk has a guide on how to create a paper wallet.
Hardware wallets
These are the most secure way to store your tokens. Hardware wallets are completely offline (often referred to as cold storage). Hardware wallets do not support every token out there, so you will need to find out if the tokens you want to store are supported by the hardware wallet. Popular options are the Ledger Nano S and the Trezor Hardware Wallet.

We are surrounded by legends on this forum. Phenomenal successes and catastrophic failures. Then there are the scams. This forum is a digital museum.  
* The most iconic historic bitcointalk threads.* Satoshi * Cypherpunks*MtGox*Bitcointalk hacks*pHiShInG* Silk Road*Pirateat40*Knightmb*Miner shams*Forum scandals*BBCode*
Troll spotting*Thank you to madnessteat for my custom avatar hat.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: