Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 12:43:24 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Local Board Creation for Ukraine - Data Based Arguments (Traffic)  (Read 534 times)
Flodner (OP)

Activity: 1946
Merit: 350

View Profile WWW
September 18, 2018, 05:50:59 AM
Merited by coinlawyer (3), LFC_Bitcoin (1), LoyceV (1)

Hi everyone,

I know that thread about Ukrainian local board exist but we (Ukrainian community) didn't get neither approval nor response about the creation of local board.

Recently I posted a thread "BitcoinTalk.Org Website Stats, Traffic, Keywords, etc." and it got a lot of merit. I didn't expect that. Even Theymos gave merit for that topic and data!

In the same thread Pugman ran report by Similarweb and I will show only screenshot which is related to countries

According to it, Ukraine is #3 in terms of bringing traffic to Bitcointalk

Just now I ran report on Ahrefs about organic traffic (for those who don't know - it's traffic from the search engines only)
Ukraine is also in the top list

So we don't need to tell that Ukraine has big crypto-community, that we have many projects, conferences, developers, enthusiasts, etc.
We don't need to say that some people don't speak English fluently and don't want to stick to Russian local board.

There is pure data argument, traffic data, a fast that Ukraine is in the top list of countries bringing traffic to Bitcointalk.
And the traffic only increase after creation of Ukrainian local board!
So let's support this idea, and make Bitcoitalk even more popular together!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
saiharden

Activity: 168
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 18, 2018, 08:29:25 AM
Merited by Yuliya2404 (1)

I always wanted to chat in the forum in Ukrainian. Many Ukrainians are forced to use English and Russian on the forum. This causes some inconvenience.
Some of the new forum members do not know English, and do not know how to write correctly in Russian. They often leave the forum. Perhaps they can bring new ideas into the crypto world, but for this to be able to communicate in their own language.
     I want Ukrainians to have their own local branch on the forum. I think we deserve it.
soixantedix

Activity: 518
Merit: 11

View Profile
September 18, 2018, 03:38:16 PM

I fully support this claim. I am ukrainian and i feel really 'discriminated'. There is no possibility to start multi-thread convo on btctalk for ukrainians. I truly don't understand why we don't have our separate thread. I don't believe that it requires some extra huge resources from btctalk team. Regards
redhead_air

Activity: 180
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 18, 2018, 03:51:58 PM

Plus one
Really growing community without opportunity to find information in Ukrainian. To find something or if we need to ask questions we have to go to other threads.
100% support this claim
Yuliya2404

Activity: 588
Merit: 43

View Profile
September 18, 2018, 06:30:41 PM

I wholly support the initiative.
By the number of crypto users, Ukraine is in the top-10 countries of the world, it occupies the 4th place in the world by the profitability of mining bitcoin. The first official deal of buying an apartment with crypto was in Ukraine. Ukraine does deserve to have its local board. I really love my country and my language, but here I have no choice. I have to communicate in Russian and English. I really hope for a positive decision by admins.
Flodner (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 18, 2018, 07:00:09 PM

Thank everyone for commenting here and giving more points.
The main reason which I see is that it is win-win situation
Ukrainian sub-forum will bring even more traffic for this forum and more quality content

zimochka

Activity: 280
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 18, 2018, 08:02:48 PM

Thank you to the author for not only reasoning but also justification. We need our own Local Board!
ninavera

Activity: 448
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 20, 2018, 07:58:20 AM

I also support the idea of ​​creating a Ukrainian branch.
Verba_25

Activity: 252
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
September 20, 2018, 08:55:00 AM

Many of Ukrainian people are interested in crypto at this forum and  they like to communicate in their native language. Ukraine is a big country and has many merits in the field of crypto. I think the Ukrainian community could benefit this forum as well. The author of the topic brought good arguments and the main one is traffic from Ukrainian users!
We hope that the forum administration will hear us.
Flodner (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 20, 2018, 03:44:19 PM

Many of Ukrainian people are interested in crypto at this forum and  they like to communicate in their native language. Ukraine is a big country and has many merits in the field of crypto. I think the Ukrainian community could benefit this forum as well. The author of the topic brought good arguments and the main one is traffic from Ukrainian users!
We hope that the forum administration will hear us.

Yes, but what is sad that we don't have answer yet.
But I hope sooner or later it will arrive

TeQuiero

Activity: 120
Merit: 38

View Profile
September 20, 2018, 04:21:08 PM

Yes, but what is sad that we don't have answer yet.
But I hope sooner or later it will arrive

I support the idea of having a local board for people coming from the same country. It's more convenient for discussing and sharing knowledge as well as experience. Besides, I can see that community plays an important role in the development of cryptocurrency.

But the only argument you show in the topic is just traffic and if it's the core factor to have a local board, the Vietnamese should deserve one with better statistics. But even their local thread was locked due to high level of spam. My point is you need more than that to have a local board. I'm sure Theymos saw your request but maybe he's considering and watching your contribution to the forum. As a matter of fact, there once was a long list of long-time pending merit source applicatoins and I'm sure that many of them were approved after the last newbie requirement enhancement. Just try to contribute more and be patient.

███    TWITTER     █████████████████ MOCKTAIL ████████████████████     WHITEPAPER     ███
███       ANN                  ██████      FIRST SEMI-FUNGIBLE TOKEN ON BSC     █████    SMART CONTRACT    ███
███  TELEGRAM  █████████████████     SWAP      ███████████████████       PANCAKE      ███
Flodner (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 22, 2018, 07:08:31 AM

But the only argument you show in the topic is just traffic and if it's the core factor to have a local board, the Vietnamese should deserve one with better statistics. But even their local thread was locked due to high level of spam. My point is you need more than that to have a local board. I'm sure Theymos saw your request but maybe he's considering and watching your contribution to the forum. As a matter of fact, there once was a long list of long-time pending merit source applicatoins and I'm sure that many of them were approved after the last newbie requirement enhancement. Just try to contribute more and be patient.

Traffic is not of course the only and not the main argument.
Other arguments (i.e. Ukraine is #4 in terms of cryptocurrency percentage in its economy, Ukraine has big crypto community and many blockchain projects, etc.) were already discussed in another topics.

My modest and small contribution is only tiny part of all Ukrainian contribution, and what we also want to say is that if there will be separate board - contribution will increase significantly, as not everyone speaks English well enough to communicate on forum.

About merit source, I think if Ukrainian sub-forum will be created, I might apply for merit source. Otherwise if I reach "Hero member" some day I might apply too

And thanks a lot for giving your opinion!

tumis

Activity: 1022
Merit: 69

View Profile
October 25, 2018, 01:51:00 PM

I think you deserve your own section and the administration will create it.

I do not even imagine that it should be otherwise. Typical win-win principle.

Good luck
Flodner (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 25, 2018, 06:42:16 PM

I think you deserve your own section and the administration will create it.
I do not even imagine that it should be otherwise. Typical win-win principle.
Good luck

Thank you for your support!
I wonder why so many time has passed and we have no answer

coinlawyer

Activity: 420
Merit: 101

View Profile
November 04, 2018, 04:33:40 PM
Merited by Flodner (1)

Traffic is not of course the only and not the main argument.
Other arguments (i.e. Ukraine is #4 in terms of cryptocurrency percentage in its economy, Ukraine has big crypto community and many blockchain projects, etc.) were already discussed in another topics.

My modest and small contribution is only tiny part of all Ukrainian contribution, and what we also want to say is that if there will be separate board - contribution will increase significantly, as not everyone speaks English well enough to communicate on forum.

About merit source, I think if Ukrainian sub-forum will be created, I might apply for merit source. Otherwise if I reach "Hero member" some day I might apply too

And thanks a lot for giving your opinion!

Hi mate!
I don`t believe that "Hero member" rank will help You a lot in the reaching of this goal, but...
The arguments You`ve provided here are more than enough for me and probably for many forum members too, for the substantiated arguments of the needness of the separate Ukrainian local thread in this forum!
And I`m confident that there won`t be any problems with the finding of moderator nomination on this thread)  

▀▄▀  T E M C O ~ Supply Chain Powered by Bitcoin Network, RSK ▀▄▀
  Officially Supported by RSK, TLDR Capital and Korea Investment Partners (KIP). 
Website   ★   Facebook   ★   Twitter   ★   Telegram   ★   Medium   ★   Reddit
Flodner (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 05, 2018, 08:23:40 AM

Hi mate!
I don`t believe that "Hero member" rank will help You a lot in the reaching of this goal, but...
The arguments You`ve provided here are more than enough for me and probably for many forum members too, for the substantiated arguments of the needness of the separate Ukrainian local thread in this forum!
And I`m confident that there won`t be any problems with the finding of moderator nomination on this thread)  

Hi Mate!
Thanks for great feedback. Yes, in general I agree thank ranks won't happen.
As I understand this question is political and nothing will help
There are other examples of other forums which have local Ukrainian board.
And while Bitcointalk is important - it's not the only place where newcomers can find information, communicate, etc.
And thanks again for your support!

epidemia

Activity: 826
Merit: 330

View Profile
November 06, 2018, 07:17:47 PM

Hi friends!
Of course it's strange from my side, but I only came across this topic for the first time ...
And I simply do not understand why nobody is paying attention to this request?

Ukraine is a sovereign state. It has its own territory, higher and local bodies of state power and government, national emblem, state flag and anthem.
Ukraine has an ancient history. It has its own original culture and arts. Ukraine has many professional theatres and Philharmonic societies.

And why should we speak Russian?

Thanks!
Direwolve735

Merit: 232

View Profile
November 07, 2018, 09:48:07 AM

Hi friends!
Of course it's strange from my side, but I only came across this topic for the first time ...
And I simply do not understand why nobody is paying attention to this request?

Ukraine is a sovereign state. It has its own territory, higher and local bodies of state power and government, national emblem, state flag and anthem.
Ukraine has an ancient history. It has its own original culture and arts. Ukraine has many professional theatres and Philharmonic societies.

And why should we speak Russian?

Thanks!

And not only this. Ukraine is gaining momentum in the crypto sphere. There`re new startups, development, innovative ideas. A huge number of Ukrainian implementators are focused on this forum. They contribute to bitcointalk development and have proven themselves well. We deserve a separate local board where we could manifest ourselves on an even larger scale.
Direwolve735

Merit: 232

View Profile
November 08, 2018, 10:15:01 AM

According to it, Ukraine is #3 in terms of bringing traffic to Bitcointalk
80 percent of the Ukrainian public are fluent in Russian. Opening a new section will allow duplicating existing topics and discussions, which is taftology and will bring more problems than advantages.
Also note that in the Russian section are active, account sales, ann bumping and other services of shit.

So what? The fact that the majority of Ukrainians speak Russian doesn`t mean that we want to use it in communication. According to your logic, it wasn`t necessary to create local boards at all, because 80% of the participants in this forum speak English, and local boards are a duplicate of English threads.

Flodner (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 14, 2018, 07:12:45 AM

80 percent of the Ukrainian public are fluent in Russian. Opening a new section will allow duplicating existing topics and discussions, which is taftology and will bring more problems than advantages.
Also note that in the Russian section are active, account sales, ann bumping and other services of shit.

Direwolve735 already responded well, but what's interesting to point out - may be this position of newbie is shared by forum administration?
What do you think?
If yes - we will know at least why our local board is not created

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: