Bitcoin Forum
June 25, 2024, 10:38:47 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Do violent video game affects someone behaviour?  (Read 284 times)
Applechild (OP)

Activity: 392
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 18, 2018, 11:29:15 AM

Today for the first time I came across this story online as a matter of fact few minutes ago. The content is of a child who used chisel to kill himself because he did not win the video game.  Is this possible? I think it is more than the game. There must be an untreated issue either health, emotional or psychological. Video games are not real life situation, dying for it is not heroic rather out of place. I think parents need to let their child know video game is not real it is just for the fun and nothing more. What do you think?
hasanavsar83

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 18, 2018, 11:43:45 AM

I remember there was that news in 2010, a South Korean couple let their three-month-old daughter starve to death while they spent hours playing a computer game that involved raising a virtual character.  Sad Well this is not a dying case but a killing case... Any kind of addiction is bad. Video games are not much different from drugs or alcohol when it becomes a pathological addiction for one.
Applechild (OP)

Activity: 392
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 20, 2018, 09:23:15 PM

Tell my that is not true! What!
I remember there was that news in 2010, a South Korean couple let their three-month-old daughter starve to death while they spent hours playing a computer game that involved raising a virtual character.  Sad Well this is not a dying case but a killing case... Any kind of addiction is bad. Video games are not much different from drugs or alcohol when it becomes a pathological addiction for one.
tonywangg

Activity: 106
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 20, 2018, 11:58:13 PM
Merited by Camster (1)

You better hope to hell that video games does not effect behavior.  I hate to break it to you however most of the kids and teenagers are glued to Playstation where they kill shit the entire time.  Even the most child like games involve killing.  Even Mindcraft involves killing!

I let my son play all the games in hopes of taking the mystery out of GTA and COD.  IT's hard as a parent becasue with PS4 they can also connect around the world and have friends all over the planet and learn different cultures and hopefully be less willing to fight other people when the governments decided to kill off a bunch of us in a war.  Probably wishful thinking but we have got to get out from under the governments control of us. 

If somehow they are programming our kids with these games we are all in deep shit as there will be 7 billion killing machines that have no remorse for killing.  Yikes.
goldSkylark

Activity: 126

View Profile
September 21, 2018, 02:38:09 AM

Perhaps it can have an effect on young minds, especially if they're exposed to game violence at a period where their emotional and cognitive skills are still being developed. However, some believe that for adults, games could be an outlet for releasing any negative feelings and emotions. Particularly, virtual reality can provide a platform for an escape, where users can feel free to unleash these aggressions without causing any harm.
rakokiller1

Activity: 159
Merit: 2

View Profile
September 21, 2018, 02:50:42 AM

Maybe it depends from game. usually peoples are more agressive than games)
Rubyfhyy

Activity: 29

View Profile
September 21, 2018, 04:50:05 AM

They definitely do. Some people just dig into them too much and mix up the reality with the virtuality.
M.C.V.

Activity: 51

View Profile
September 26, 2018, 09:04:12 AM

Today for the first time I came across this story online as a matter of fact few minutes ago. The content is of a child who used chisel to kill himself because he did not win the video game.  Is this possible? I think it is more than the game. There must be an untreated issue either health, emotional or psychological. Video games are not real life situation, dying for it is not heroic rather out of place. I think parents need to let their child know video game is not real it is just for the fun and nothing more. What do you think?

I think all things we watch or listen to make some effect on us. Lets just think about crypto. More  you reasrch or read about that more you think of it and more you get drawn to it. So with violent video games is the same.
Don't get me wrong I'm not saying that you will go out and start killing people but if you play that every day it can have an effect on you. Some people more some less. But when something gets you mad, really mad don't tell me someon who plays violent games and someone who don't, will react in the same way. Plus some people get addicted to playing video games and they get violent when they can't play or are forbiden to play.
It can have an effect on you for sure.
vabalkazh

Activity: 182

View Profile
September 26, 2018, 01:43:03 PM

I believe so if we talk about kids. Adults - nah, dont think so.
SneakyLady

Activity: 114

View Profile
September 26, 2018, 06:31:55 PM

Video games' immersive nature makes it easy to get carried away.

It's not only video games that provides this ecstasy, but anything that gives people the impression that they're building something or successfully getting from point A to point B. It makes us feel good.

Video games give people an outlet to feel like they're improving at something. It's a shortcut of sorts because they don't actually have to go out and do anything.

If they are going to be this widely used, we need to move away from violent games that subconsciously encourage less respect for human life.
RyanDMC

Activity: 84

View Profile
September 27, 2018, 02:36:07 AM

There are lots of personalities out there and videogames affect them each in it's own way, but videogames in general can definitely trigger those events just like any other situation, as I said, everyone is different, so someone else could end up learning a lot from videogames instead.
BlockTreeClub

Activity: 69

View Profile
September 27, 2018, 10:33:30 AM

i would say to a certain extent.

what i feel affect someones behaviour more is the environment they grow up in.
Ting_Ay15

Activity: 61

View Profile
September 27, 2018, 04:17:56 PM

Partly yes.Researchers  have hypothesized that playing violent content video  game will result in aggression .A proper guidance is needed for those who are hook up of playing this kind of games.
Blackstar015

Activity: 57

View Profile
September 29, 2018, 09:45:52 AM

Yes in someway it affects the behavior .Playing video games, including violent shooter games, may boost children’s learning, health and social skills, according to a review of research on the positive effects of video game play.
avbitx

Activity: 14

View Profile
October 08, 2018, 03:36:34 PM

I highly doubt that games affect someone behaviour.Its only to relax and pass time.
BQ

Activity: 616
Merit: 53

CoinMetro - the future of exchanges

View Profile
October 08, 2018, 04:12:42 PM

this topic has been discussed for such a long time now in society!
haven't everyone played games and know people who play games and everyone's perfectly normal?
It's probably an underlying mental disease that leads to this, and the loss in this case was just the trigger, otherwise something else would have triggered it.

"Minecraft involves killing" = it's literally square shaped figures. and this is a minimal part of the game!
think about all the creativity for children playing minecraft who can build their own world any way they like..

5 EUR free crypto on signup! XCM exchange token ⚜⚜⚜  CoinMetro - Copy Trading - Margin - 0% maker fee  ⚜⚜⚜ - generate €500 volume in July for a chance to win €100!
WiresAreComing

Activity: 97

View Profile
October 08, 2018, 04:41:29 PM

I have quite a gaming experience, I used to have a lot of gamer friends and I`d say this: games don`t make a person aggressive if a person is already aggressive.
They may cause outrage due to some frustrating moment, true, but games aren`t able to cause mental conditions.
BlockTreeClub

Activity: 69

View Profile
October 12, 2018, 09:22:29 AM

Videogames don't make people violent.

Videogames make violent people GOOD at violence.

How many kids knew how to reload an AK-47 before playing Call of Duty?
bitmonkey455

Activity: 78

View Profile
October 12, 2018, 09:47:51 AM

Video games ? No
Being addicted to video game does though. It makes people a lot more likely to get angry.
marinavepa

Activity: 12

View Profile
October 12, 2018, 10:10:54 AM

Games are the forms that reduce stress. But today, many games are born that young people tend to addiction online games and think of themselves as characters in the game. In my country, many young people have died because of such dangerous actions as imagining themselves as characters. I think parents should consider giving their kids too much gaming to avoid the unfortunate consequences.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: