Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 05:58:49 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: A generous act, who wants some merit?  (Read 806 times)
xtraelv
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1924

฿ear ride on the rainbow slide

View Profile
September 19, 2018, 05:36:48 PM
Last edit: September 20, 2018, 02:56:18 AM by xtraelv

If members give a good enough reason to be an upgrade member and display no real signs of untrustworthiness, why not?

This is not "look at me, look at me" in the slightest. If that's the way you wish to perceive it, that is no more than your own train of thought. The motive behind this thread is an example of the repercussions of treating bitcointalk members who are upstanding, follow the rules and mind their own business...like crap. The forum is slowly heading toward a centralized, pyramid style community, and in my eyes based on the beliefs I've been pushing since I joined here, it's atrocious. I personally do not want any involvement in that, so I am giving members who deserve a shot at being a ranked member the chance to do so.
Also I am suspicious of your sudden altruistic gesture as I think it is a butthurt reaction to getting caught and tagged for meriting shitposts in an effort to up-rank the demoted newbies that were shills in your ANN thread.

Sudden? Are you aware of the project I have been operating over the last year?
If not, do some reading instead of wasting your time posting garbage like this.

Yes- "sudden altruistic gesture". You haven't touched merit before the 17th of September 2018.

You also sound familiar. Did I previously talk to one of your alts ?

We are surrounded by legends on this forum. Phenomenal successes and catastrophic failures. Then there are the scams. This forum is a digital museum.  
* The most iconic historic bitcointalk threads.* Satoshi * Cypherpunks*MtGox*Bitcointalk hacks*pHiShInG* Silk Road*Pirateat40*Knightmb*Miner shams*Forum scandals*BBCode*
Troll spotting*Thank you to madnessteat for my custom avatar hat.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
GoodyT

Activity: 150
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
September 19, 2018, 09:36:23 PM

You must provide a good reason why your account deserves to be ranked up. I will not rank up:
- shitposters
- scammers
- spammers
- anyone else who is widely believed to be legitimately untrustworthy

First things first am not a  shitposter I hardly post am mostly an observer in this forum I go through the forum to learn and I have learnt a lot.
Am not spammer obviously neither am I a scammer.

Do you:
- Believe in the core values of bitcoin in which this forum was founded upon?
- Facts should be taken into account when determining someones trust rating?
- Believe that there dictatorship is wrong and unfair on less powerful members of the forum?
Yes I believe in the core values in which bitcoin forum was founded I have no problems with the rules of the forum too.
Someone's trust rating should be based on how useful a person information is....obviously scammers should be given 100 negative trust  Grin
Dictatorship in this forum has gotten out of hand and more prominent this year i dont really like to disturb myself with it but if this trend continues am honestly saying that i dont see a future for our great forum. Most higher rank members dont bother to look at a post once they see newbie that why when we post our post goes unnoticed and you see them giving merits to higher ranking members. As i said i am an observer in this forum for this main reason. Its really depressing.
I still pray for the best for this forum
xtraelv
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1924

฿ear ride on the rainbow slide

View Profile
September 20, 2018, 03:05:23 AM

First things first am not a  shitposter I hardly post am mostly an observer in this forum I go through the forum to learn and I have learnt a lot.
Am not spammer obviously neither am I a scammer.

Really ? Show me a post in your history that benefits the forum.   Roll Eyes
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=2094388;sa=showPosts;start=0

We are surrounded by legends on this forum. Phenomenal successes and catastrophic failures. Then there are the scams. This forum is a digital museum.  
* The most iconic historic bitcointalk threads.* Satoshi * Cypherpunks*MtGox*Bitcointalk hacks*pHiShInG* Silk Road*Pirateat40*Knightmb*Miner shams*Forum scandals*BBCode*
Troll spotting*Thank you to madnessteat for my custom avatar hat.
Dream93

Activity: 61

View Profile
September 20, 2018, 06:45:37 AM

I really do not understand how to get ranked for yourself. And what you're doing to people like me is really fair when other administrators can not do it
Impulseboy

Activity: 196
Merit: 4

View Profile
September 20, 2018, 05:15:44 PM

As much as I need and want to get merit myself, I think that this is quite unnecessary. It is very generous of you, to be honest, but if newbies like myself wants to get merits, then we should be working hard to get it. Post more worthy replies or threads. Like everyone said, we should not beg for merits as we will get them if and when we are worthy of it.
lin0sspice (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1002

View Profile
September 21, 2018, 01:10:15 AM

If members give a good enough reason to be an upgrade member and display no real signs of untrustworthiness, why not?

This is not "look at me, look at me" in the slightest. If that's the way you wish to perceive it, that is no more than your own train of thought. The motive behind this thread is an example of the repercussions of treating bitcointalk members who are upstanding, follow the rules and mind their own business...like crap. The forum is slowly heading toward a centralized, pyramid style community, and in my eyes based on the beliefs I've been pushing since I joined here, it's atrocious. I personally do not want any involvement in that, so I am giving members who deserve a shot at being a ranked member the chance to do so.
Also I am suspicious of your sudden altruistic gesture as I think it is a butthurt reaction to getting caught and tagged for meriting shitposts in an effort to up-rank the demoted newbies that were shills in your ANN thread.

Yes- "sudden altruistic gesture". You haven't touched merit before the 17th of September 2018.

You also sound familiar. Did I previously talk to one of your alts ?
You also sound deluded.

Website
Whitepaper
Discord
░░░█░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██░░
███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███
████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████
███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░░▄██▄░░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░▄██████▄░░░░░░░░███
███▄░░░░░░▄████████▄░░░░░░▄███
████░░░░░▄██████████▄░░░░░████
████░░░░▄████████████▄░░░░████
░██████░░▀██████████▀░░███████
░███████░░░▀██████▀░░░████████
░████████▄░░░▀██▀░░░▄████████
░█████████▄░░░░░░░░▄███████░░░
░░█████████▄░░░░░░▄███████░░░░
░░░░██████████▄▄████████░░░░░░
░░░░░░████████████████░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░██████████████░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░██████████░░░░░░░░░░░
VELOX PROJECT
The Future of Anonymous Trading
░░░█░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██░░
████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████
███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░░▄██▄░░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░▄██████▄░░░░░░░░███
███▄░░░░░░▄████████▄░░░░░░▄███
████░░░░░▄██████████▄░░░░░████
████░░░░▄████████████▄░░░░████
░██████░░▀██████████▀░░███████
░███████░░░▀██████▀░░░████████
░████████▄░░░▀██▀░░░▄████████
░█████████▄░░░░░░░░▄███████░░░
░░█████████▄░░░░░░▄███████░░░░
░░░░██████████▄▄████████░░░░░░
░░░░░░████████████████░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░██████████████░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░██████████░░░░░░░░░░░
Latest News
Twitter
Telegram
[/tab
eyylemao

Activity: 4

View Profile
September 22, 2018, 11:27:03 AM

I decided, as a generous act, to investigate on this. Apparently your "project who has been operating over the last year" doesn't have any product. Maybe it's time to stop paying for forum shills and social media fake followers. Also, stop talking about numbers, according to one of your announcements, another attempt at scamming people through a smart contract indicates you've raised $77 in 5 days: https://etherscan.io/address/0x0da29f924c83b623ea25aa95eedcba060b8d7e12. Damn, you must be really desperate, maybe you should work a 9:5 job, it surely would get you more than that.

A lesson learnt for some investors and hopefully the buzzwords will not deceive more users.
@oweljayr

Activity: 215

View Profile
September 22, 2018, 12:59:45 PM

This new rules and regulations that Bitcointalk have implemented really turned the world up side down for new members specially like us Junior Members.  It had to bring all Junior members back to newbie and needs a merit to upgrade their ranks.  It was actually too frustrating degrading the rank but if you will just analyze the situation and the regulations been given, I find it too challenging and it definitely gave us something to make our contribution to every forum we join with more informative.  We can never deny the fact about the disappointment for the demotion we had but I think this should not be the reason to stop and feel upset all the way, but instead, make this as a motivation for us to strive more and show the community how determined you are to share your knowledge and ideas.  It may not be soon to get the merit you have wanted, but you will always have the time and chance to post your queries and those ideas hiding inside your mind.  Forget about the benefits of joining bounties for the mean time and focus more on the contribution you could give to enhance the knowledge of every members who could somehow read and understands it, specially those newbies who needs to learn more than everyone else.  I am sure enough that this new mechanics will not just boosts self esteem for the lower members but it could also give more confidence and determination to prove that whether you'll improve your rank or not, you will always be there to share your thoughts and ideas.
zangleerb

Activity: 574
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
September 23, 2018, 02:02:34 AM

Hi, I'm meriting all NON-NEGATIVE trust rated members. I will give you 1 merit if you give me a very good reason for me to give you one.

I currently have 69 spendable merits left. If you believe you have been wrong-done by the new merit rules and the higher powered individuals determining who is trustworthy and who is not via merit, post here.

You must provide a good reason why your account deserves to be ranked up. I will not rank up:
- shitposters
- scammers
- spammers
- anyone else who is widely believed to be legitimately untrustworthy

Do you:
- Believe in the core values of bitcoin in which this forum was founded upon?
- Facts should be taken into account when determining someones trust rating?
- Believe that there dictatorship is wrong and unfair on less powerful members of the forum?

You will most likely receive a merit if this is the case.

Enjoy!
Well, so shame on me while i joined BTT forum almost 1 year and still be a newbier. I know many people think that it's easy to find a merit but with other people like me, it's really hard.
If you guys think posting on Bounty thread is spam and useless, so just forbidden posting on these threads. While posting is the way to report, what should bounty hunters do?

Btw, i still think that the new rule is not bad for newbier, we can learn and figure out more things about ourselves while joining more threads and discussing about more topic.
I'm just a translator not a scammer or anyone else.

rohitkaira

Activity: 110

View Profile
September 24, 2018, 06:20:42 AM

its highly contradictory on BCT forum, mods dont want people to post for incentives, posting for incentives are spams but the structure and ranking system in the forum is all about incentives.

Again mods says they dont have time to look into all the posts and threads due to number of posts people posts everyday, if mods dont have time then who, how and when posts will judged for merits.

beswaax
Copper Member

Activity: 70
Merit: 1

View Profile
October 05, 2018, 07:42:51 AM

What you are doing is actually not good, you show members that they can continue shitposting and just beg for some merit, that is not the right attitude, it is also not fair for other members who have high quality posts, don't get me wrong, it is generous of you to do it, but unnecessary and unfair.
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: