Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 08:22:37 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Any Crypto Newbie That Also Find Altcoin Trading Difficult  (Read 408 times)
happietappy (OP)

Activity: 37
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 19, 2018, 10:26:29 PM

To really purchase BTC and ETH is very easy, some​ wallet even allow you to purchase with your credit card and deposit directly to your bank account. But it's not that easy to Exchange your​ altcoins for fiat. Is it the fact that altcoins are scattered in exchanges and you have to register in different exchanges that support the altcoin you want to trade or the fact that sometimes the price changes really fast and if you sell high it might take some time before your order get filled. I really find it really stressful/frustrating after all we went through alot of stress while participating in airdrop/bounty.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Teraboy

Activity: 2282
Merit: 505

View Profile
September 19, 2018, 11:01:38 PM

To really purchase BTC and ETH is very easy, some​ wallet even allow you to purchase with your credit card and deposit directly to your bank account. But it's not that easy to Exchange your​ altcoins for fiat. Is it the fact that altcoins are scattered in exchanges and you have to register in different exchanges that support the altcoin you want to trade or the fact that sometimes the price changes really fast and if you sell high it might take some time before your order get filled. I really find it really stressful/frustrating after all we went through alot of stress while participating in airdrop/bounty.
Because these developers are so lazy to lose their money to negotiate with exchange site service. If that altcoin has no demand and it will give a huge impact to the altcoin itself. Remember about this demand will be suppoprting the price of altcoin itself. it worth nothing if that still not yet listed on the exchange site.
FlamingFingers

Activity: 1330
Merit: 288

View Profile
September 19, 2018, 11:36:57 PM

It is because almost all altcoins are paired with Bitcoin (or Ethereum in case of ERC20 tokens); their values are dependent on its price. The USD price is merely a mirror of their FIAT valuation. See it as this, if Bitcoin is priced at $5,000, and ETH is 0.05BTC, then ETH will be priced at $250. If BTC goes up to $10,000, ETH is still 0.05BTC, then its USD valuation will be $500. Simply put, Bitcoin price still determines the FIAT valuation of altcoins—if Bitcoin goes up, altcoins USD valuation goes up while their BTC values stay the same.

Of course, this is oversimplification as the crypto market is not that static, and values change all the time.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
Agozyen

Activity: 672
Merit: 252

Until the end

View Profile
September 19, 2018, 11:41:19 PM

Altcoin prices are too volatile to pair against fiat, that's why you can only exchange a few coins for fiat.  If you want to get your money out of altcoins convert it to BTC/ETH or whatever and sell that.  We are a ways off from being able to exchange altcoins for fiat on a large scale.
btccrusher

Activity: 742
Merit: 12

View Profile WWW
September 19, 2018, 11:43:43 PM

Most airdrops are not worthy of joining, but bounties are okay as long as the ICO is successful. Participants just need patience and time to get a good amount of money from the tokens. If they sell early, they will lose profits. Also, take the issue a positive, when Bitcoin and Ethereum price will go up, those bounty token price will get a huge pump too.
Aliya Taj

Activity: 226

View Profile
September 20, 2018, 12:13:24 AM

I think that a majority if not all of crypto newbies find it an uphill task to go about trading altcoins. Even some pros in the market find it difficult, talk less of newbies. I think that these newbies shouldn't be so eager to go into trading, at least until they are sure that they are skilled at it, and can go into it fully without fear.
Rrtt

Activity: 378
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 20, 2018, 12:24:24 AM

Is it the fact that altcoins are scattered in exchanges and you have to register in different exchanges that support the altcoin you want to trade or the fact that sometimes the price changes really fast and if you sell high it might take some time before your order get filled. I really find it really stressful/frustrating after all we went through alot of stress while participating in airdrop/bounty.
I can relate to your feelings/stress but what we need is a ton of patience to be able to trade your altcoins to BTC/ETH or even fiat. Patience on waiting for your order to be filled or else you gonna end up selling it low, quick but low price.
batang_bitcoin

Activity: 2968
Merit: 600

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
September 20, 2018, 12:43:33 AM

To remove the stress then simply don't join any of those airdrops and bounties.

Before you hop in crypto market I'm sure that you know that various altcoins are listed to different exchanges. And you can't be sure of it if all of those airdrop tokens you've got will be listed anywhere of those. But you are going there of starting yourself in trading, don't tell its difficult because that's part of growing.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
imgoinforbitcoin

Activity: 87

View Profile
September 20, 2018, 05:24:30 AM

It does not take much as long as the coins are listed on exchanges, you just have to find out where the coins are listed and make sure that you have an account there. Then just sell the altcoins that you got from the airdrops and bounties for another coin like eth and bitcoin and then transfer those bitcoins to the wallet that lets your sell your crypto to fiat and take out the money
Herbert2020
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1137

View Profile
September 20, 2018, 06:18:04 AM

trading is not the same as buying and selling and how easy that is. you may had had access to the easiest way to sell your altcoins for fiat directly and immediately but you still wouldn't have been able to earn any profit because that requires expertise.
it is not about buying some altcoin that is on top and bag holding it hoping it gives you profit. it is about knowing which coin out of the 2000 altcoins to choose at any time and also more importantly is to know when to dump that altcoin you bought instead of bag holding it while it loses value since whales dump on you.

Weak hands have been complaining about missing out ever since bitcoin was $1 and never buy the dip.
Whales are those who keep buying the dip.
happietappy (OP)

View Profile
September 20, 2018, 07:03:23 AM

Because these developers are so lazy to lose their money to negotiate with exchange site service. If that altcoin has no demand and it will give a huge impact to the altcoin itself. Remember about this demand will be suppoprting the price of altcoin itself. it worth nothing if that still not yet listed on the exchange site.
Lol! no one wants to loss money Wink
It's pretty rampant this days, altcoins have promised to disrupt almost all industries known to man but at the end of the day, most don't have any use other than trading... this slowly kills the coin
happietappy (OP)

View Profile
September 20, 2018, 08:44:34 AM

Really? This really make sense and is currently very visible in the current beerish market, Thanks for explaining the theory behind it. This is another reason why i will want to hodl some of my free tokens, maybe their price might rise when BTC price increases
happietappy (OP)

View Profile
September 20, 2018, 10:52:21 AM

To remove the stress then simply don't join any of those airdrops and bounties.

Before you hop in crypto market I'm sure that you know that various altcoins are listed to different exchanges. And you can't be sure of it if all of those airdrop tokens you've got will be listed anywhere of those. But you are going there of starting yourself in trading, don't tell its difficult because that's part of growing.
Thanks for the suggestion, but if I don't join i feel i might end up regretting...
Over time i have learnt how the system works, i am just voicing my honest opinion on how i feel about it since am a newbie and am pretty sure other newbies feel the same. Am still learning and it's just a matter of time before i get used to it... Smiley Forgive me guys if i made a mistake by posting this
BitPACK

Activity: 246
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 20, 2018, 11:08:34 AM

of course difficult but if you learn how to trade with altcoins you can earn lot's of satoshi daily.
happietappy (OP)

View Profile
September 20, 2018, 12:13:42 PM

Altcoin prices are too volatile to pair against fiat, that's why you can only exchange a few coins for fiat. 
But cryptocurrency in general are volatile, i only know of some few non volatile coins (stable coins), i with a well thought out plan from dev this is possible

If you want to get your money out of altcoins convert it to BTC/ETH or whatever and sell that.  We are a ways off from being able to exchange altcoins for fiat on a large scale.
I know this is the reason behind my ranting Smiley i see it more like gambling which you can't predict.. if you sell high your order might not be filled, if you sell low you might loss money.. I think i will just need to have more patient and hodl token for at least 6months Smiley
BADBITCH

Activity: 532
Merit: 6

View Profile
September 20, 2018, 12:25:54 PM

I do not agree that trading is difficult
It’s just that we seem to lazy to make trades ourselves which is why newbies get scammed a lot of times

Focus and do researches
Find out which exchange the altcoin is trading
Go to the exchange and complete your trade after activating 2fa
happietappy (OP)

View Profile
September 20, 2018, 02:11:58 PM

Most airdrops are not worthy of joining, but bounties are okay as long as the ICO is successful. Participants just need patience and time to get a good amount of money from the tokens. If they sell early, they will lose profits. Also, take the issue a positive, when Bitcoin and Ethereum price will go up, those bounty token price will get a huge pump too.
Thanks for the advice Smiley
I only join airdrops. Not used to joining bounties expecially long term ones. Nowadays they they are alot of scam out there (was recently scammed in a project bounty) i will advise all newbies like me to always take their time before joining bounties, always look at the team. Be weiry of project that doesn't have any proper information about it team...

I think that a majority if not all of crypto newbies find it an uphill task to go about trading altcoins. Even some pros in the market find it difficult, talk less of newbies. I think that these newbies shouldn't be so eager to go into trading, at least until they are sure that they are skilled at it, and can go into it fully without fear.
True majority of us fail to understand that crypto is a different world entirely Smiley it's just a matter of learning and patience...

I can relate to your feelings/stress but what we need is a ton of patience to be able to trade your altcoins to BTC/ETH or even fiat. Patience on waiting for your order to be filled or else you gonna end up selling it low, quick but low price.
Thanks for the advice

chanler

Activity: 753
Merit: 15

mulierum.com

View Profile
September 20, 2018, 02:18:09 PM

I also feel the same when firstly coming in this crypto world. I learn everything about trading and investment from this forum, from site or youtube, and from other people story. In fact, trading and investing need the strategy. How we can arrange a good strategy will define our success. I think when we feel difficult when trading the altcoins into fiat because we mostly find loss and the price is now very unstable in the market. Sometimes, we buy more and then the price is slowing down. I also feel difficult to find out any exchange for my altcoins. So far, just learn and more information should be gained every time.

M U L I E R U M       |       Next Generation Blockchain-Powered Payment Platform For Social Media
//////////////////////////////////     TOKEN SALE     //     L  I  V  E     //////////////////////////////////
[  Telegram  ]     [    Twitter    ]     [   Medium   ]     [  LinkedIn  ]     [   Discord   ]     [  YouTube  ]
Phil419She

Activity: 346
Merit: 100

BitSong is a dcentralized music streaming platform

View Profile
September 20, 2018, 02:55:36 PM

This really the fact in trading. but with some of us finds this a hassle, some also find this an opportunity to earn and profit. Ive read in a forum that fast change in prices can really make you an income if you are just vigilant and steady on monitoring.

happietappy (OP)

View Profile
September 20, 2018, 07:07:59 PM

It does not take much as long as the coins are listed on exchanges, you just have to find out where the coins are listed and make sure that you have an account there. Then just sell the altcoins that you got from the airdrops and bounties for another coin like eth and bitcoin and then transfer those bitcoins to the wallet that lets your sell your crypto to fiat and take out the money
Wish it was that easy cause most of the time when a new coin arrive on exchange, prices will go low due to dumpers, if you sell, you might loss money. if you don't sell price might not pick up and might even go lower

trading is not the same as buying and selling and how easy that is. you may had had access to the easiest way to sell your altcoins for fiat directly and immediately but you still wouldn't have been able to earn any profit because that requires expertise.
it is not about buying some altcoin that is on top and bag holding it hoping it gives you profit. it is about knowing which coin out of the 2000 altcoins to choose at any time and also more importantly is to know when to dump that altcoin you bought instead of bag holding it while it loses value since whales dump on you.

I couldn't agree more, knowing when to hodl or dump is something all newB must learn before thinking about trading. Unfortunately for me am still learning and just currently guess and follow my instinct Smiley
of course difficult but if you learn how to trade with altcoins you can earn lot's of satoshi daily.
Thanks for your opinion
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: