Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 05:26:17 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Theymos started sharing one more merit stats  (Read 356 times)
r1s2g3 (OP)

Activity: 742
Merit: 395

I am alive but in hibernation.

View Profile
September 19, 2018, 11:54:58 PM
Last edit: September 20, 2018, 05:10:50 PM by r1s2g3
Merited by mprep (1)

Theymos started sharing a new stats as below. (Top users who send merit to permabanned user, though it is not clear in this list whether user was already banned when merit was given or banned later on.)

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=merit;stats=topsendban

I am alive
"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Veleor
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1653

Rêlêå§ê ¥ðµr MïñÐ

View Profile WWW
September 20, 2018, 12:35:58 AM
Merited by xtraelv (1)

Oh! Xandry , you are leading the wrong list
It is because xandry sent merits to banned user inbizin:
http://loycevsbasement.privatedns.org/Merit/history/1416871.html
xtraelv
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1924

฿ear ride on the rainbow slide

View Profile
September 20, 2018, 01:20:23 AM
Merited by mprep (1), dbshck (1)

Merit sources and moderators can get fooled too.  Getting fooled doesn't make them any less effective.

They are also no longer giving out merit for reported posts so no changes are necessary - It is already resolved and the same scenario will not happen again.

We are surrounded by legends on this forum. Phenomenal successes and catastrophic failures. Then there are the scams. This forum is a digital museum.  
* The most iconic historic bitcointalk threads.* Satoshi * Cypherpunks*MtGox*Bitcointalk hacks*pHiShInG* Silk Road*Pirateat40*Knightmb*Miner shams*Forum scandals*BBCode*
Troll spotting*Thank you to madnessteat for my custom avatar hat.
Okrah

Activity: 144
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 20, 2018, 01:56:24 AM

It is because xandry sent merits to banned user inbizin:
http://loycevsbasement.privatedns.org/Merit/history/1416871.html
Hatred is just like an infectious disease! Once you get infected with it, You might inflict another person near to you! In this case it is not only xandry who made the give most of the smerits and there are others as well in the list but you specify only one member. Maybe you have that disease already and Veleor was right.

Merit sources and moderators can get fooled too.  

Definitely all of us here have experience getting fooled and there is no exemption of it! There are really members here that are good actors and actresses. They are crying crocodiles begging for help and will eat you then alive after getting fooled!

█ █ █████████  BITGOALS  █████████ █ █
SPORT TOKEN PROTOCOL: REWARDS FOR SPORT ACTIVITIES
https://bitgoals.com
r1s2g3 (OP)

View Profile
September 20, 2018, 06:16:45 AM

Look like some of you guys did took this heading in some kind of "hatred " way or trying to "defame" the staff Xandry.

I just wanted to share the the news of new stats available , and Xandry  name is known to me because some topics created earlier on him , so I just used it as headline, I do not put any allegation.

Merit sources and moderators can get fooled too.  Getting fooled doesn't make them any less effective.

Might be people give merit for good content but later found that other user plagiarized the content or some other content. Only fools are those that get banned for breaking the rules.

I am alive
xtraelv
Legendary

View Profile
September 20, 2018, 07:37:36 AM
Last edit: September 20, 2018, 10:03:47 AM by xtraelv

Look like some of you guys did took this heading in some kind of "hatred " way or trying to "defame" the staff Xandry.

I just wanted to share the the news of new stats available , and Xandry  name is known to me because some topics created earlier on him , so I just used it as headline, I do not put any allegation.

Might be people give merit for good content but later found that other user plagiarized the content or some other content. Only fools are those that get banned for breaking the rules.

People often try to make the moderators look bad.  Xandry is well respected and liked as a moderator by the majority of the people that regularly post in Meta.

We are surrounded by legends on this forum. Phenomenal successes and catastrophic failures. Then there are the scams. This forum is a digital museum.  
* The most iconic historic bitcointalk threads.* Satoshi * Cypherpunks*MtGox*Bitcointalk hacks*pHiShInG* Silk Road*Pirateat40*Knightmb*Miner shams*Forum scandals*BBCode*
Renaldi blackspadeteam

Activity: 504
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 20, 2018, 08:06:40 AM

I personally can only see and appreciate every opinion of the staff and moderators. I hope this new policy does not make problems and does not fill the content of the bitcoin post forum with hatred, I love peace. let's positive think better and faster
TheUltraElite
Legendary

Activity: 2870
Merit: 1222

Call your grandparents and tell them you love them

View Profile WWW
September 20, 2018, 08:42:48 AM

Theymos started sharing a new stats as below. (Top users who send merit to permabanned user, though it is not clear in this list whether user was already banned when merit was given or banned later on.)
Does this list show the members may have been banned after getting merits? Meriting someone and then the recipient gets banned does not mean that the merit source was a fool neither does it make you look like a hero. Mods do take care of the form properly and this proves that they not robots but human like everyone else.

I personally can only see and appreciate every opinion of the staff and moderators. I hope this new policy does not make problems and does not fill the content of the bitcoin post forum with hatred, I love peace. let's positive think better and faster
Dont know how long your or possibly your previous alt has been in this forum but I have been here for sometime now and the level of hatred and toxicity is very high in every internet forum. Its not new here though the level is very much the same here as well. It is because people often have different opinions and their manner of action varies.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
Renaldi blackspadeteam

Activity: 504
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 20, 2018, 09:07:46 AM

Dont know how long your or possibly your previous alt has been in this forum but I have been here for sometime now and the level of hatred and toxicity is very high in every internet forum. Its not new here though the level is very much the same here as well. It is because people often have different opinions and their manner of action varies.
yes sir I know, and maybe debate has occurred since this forum was created, because maybe every difference of opinion will cause hate problems, so, I can only respect anyone's opinion and give in to maintain good communication.
Alone055

Activity: 1050
Merit: 203

Cashback 15%

View Profile WWW
September 20, 2018, 09:23:08 AM

I totally understand that anyone can get mistaken and Merit plagiarized posts and then later may find out it was not originally written by the OP, but I'm really surprised after seeing this:

Xandry had Merited almost every single post of this guy that got deleted later on. And, the time-frame between those Merits is even more surprising. I don't mean to blame him either, but people should probably be careful for these things if they are doing them by mistake.

xtraelv
Legendary

View Profile
September 20, 2018, 09:58:44 AM

I totally understand that anyone can get mistaken and Merit plagiarized posts and then later may find out it was not originally written by the OP, but I'm really surprised after seeing this:

Xandry had Merited almost every single post of this guy that got deleted later on. And, the time-frame between those Merits is even more surprising. I don't mean to blame him either, but people should probably be careful for these things if they are doing them by mistake.

Read this thread and you'll understand.
Merit for helping on moderating the forum
He gave merit for reporting rule-breakers.
That reporter turned out a rule breaker themselves.
They no longer give merit for reporting rule breakers.

r1s2g3 (OP)

View Profile
September 20, 2018, 05:19:58 PM

Edited the OP and going to lock this thread. Look like discussion was centered to moderator Xandry instead of the usefulness of the new stats.
I used the name but in any way I am not intending to accuse way nor did I wanted it.

I believe in an old saying .

'Let a hundred guilty be acquitted, but one innocent should not be convicted'
I guess we are also working for same goals , One who deserves the merit should get it. There is always a chance of error in judgement.

@Theymos, I think you can stop sharing the stats, or please shed some light in usefulness of this stats.

I am alive
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: