Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 02:26:38 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [DEMO]Regulatory Compliant Exchange with Fiat pairs  (Read 197 times)
NRista94 (OP)
Copper Member

Activity: 81
Merit: 3

View Profile
September 20, 2018, 09:37:12 AM

A little introduction about the exchange first:
ETERBASE is seeking to become the first fully compliant cryptocurrency exchange in Europe. One of the ways they are doing this is through the acquisition of an Electronic Money Institution (EMI) license, as well as putting a focus on regulatory compliance. The whitepaper outlines in detail its procedures regarding KYC, GDPR, and AML requirements.

Why do we need a regulatory compliant crypto-exchange? Without regulation, cryptocurrency exchanges are free to operate as they see fit, without standards to ensure security and trust between exchange provider and user.

And ETERBASE is trying to change that, they recently got their FMA approval and it looks like they are on a good way to push the cryptocurrency adoption further
Their DEMO is now live, you can try it out here : https://demo.eterbase.com/

ActAshton

Activity: 215
Merit: 7

Cobain of Crypto

View Profile WWW
September 20, 2018, 09:46:38 AM

this UI is dope. lets hope they can pull the compliance factor off
[YAZ]

Activity: 208
Merit: 16

View Profile
September 20, 2018, 10:01:32 AM

Aha...I've been on the official (ANN) thread before. I like this one, that pics better than the official one.  Grin  Grin

Our demo is live at https://demo.eterbase.com/ Go check it out!

Pretty good
But I get a bit different view with your image on the top right corner.  Grin

I'm just too focus on some object, it is not a big deal.  Cheesy

this UI is dope. lets hope they can pull the compliance factor off

I hope so  Wink
S00rabh

Activity: 44
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 20, 2018, 11:40:13 AM

Well here is the thing. For me EMI license that brings in ability to get iBan accounts is equally awesome if not more as compliance.

Because as a user I would get to trade quite easy now. This is like your bank now giving you an exchange build in.
deamazing

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 20, 2018, 11:45:45 AM

Looks like the solution for someone like me who wants to trade but have no time to run various wallets and manage it all in different platforms. Looking forward to Eterbase launch!
[YAZ]

View Profile
September 20, 2018, 12:05:06 PM

Looks like the solution for someone like me who wants to trade but have no time to run various wallets and manage it all in different platforms. Looking forward to Eterbase launch!

I think most of traders isn't using a stand-alone wallet, most of them just putting their asset in exchangers.  Roll Eyes Except miners.  Grin

Agreed...This one may what makes Eterbase different than other platforms.

Well here is the thing. For me EMI license that brings in ability to get iBan accounts is equally awesome if not more as compliance.

Because as a user I would get to trade quite easy now. This is like your bank now giving you an exchange build in.
NRista94 (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
September 20, 2018, 01:36:12 PM

I think most of traders isn't using a stand-alone wallet, most of them just putting their asset in exchangers.  Roll Eyes Except miners.  Grin

Agreed...This one may what makes Eterbase different than other platforms.

I totally agree with you, i think that  80% traders keep their tokens on the exchange rather than in their wallet, but as per the 2nd quoted message, this will change for sure with ETERBASE, the Crypto Debit cards will change the game
[YAZ]

View Profile
September 20, 2018, 02:16:24 PM

I totally agree with you, i think that  80% traders keep their tokens on the exchange rather than in their wallet, but as per the 2nd quoted message, this will change for sure with ETERBASE, the Crypto Debit cards will change the game

That's the main point.
Users need a solid and secure trading platform. To be honest (as a miner) sometimes I'm using exchanger's wallet address to receive payment from the pools (reducing transaction fee)  Grin  Smiley
Foxgtx

Activity: 39

View Profile
September 20, 2018, 08:12:26 PM

For me EMI license that brings in ability to get iBan accounts is equally awesome if not more as compliance.
anthonytcm

Activity: 58
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 20, 2018, 08:39:14 PM

I think it depends on the volumes they're dealing with, I'd say low volume traders don't necessarily worry much at all about having their assets on a exchange. Would you personally hold high volumes of crypto on random exchanges? I think not, and being compliant with the law means that there's going to be fail-safe mechanisms in place that will ensure that your assets keep being yours. And as a crypto enthusiast, I'm really looking forward to the launch of this platform.
[YAZ]

View Profile
September 20, 2018, 09:17:00 PM

-

I think it depends on the volumes they're dealing with, I'd say low volume traders don't necessarily worry much at all about having their assets on a exchange. Would you personally hold high volumes of crypto on random exchanges? I think not, and being compliant with the law means that there's going to be fail-safe mechanisms in place that will ensure that your assets keep being yours. And as a crypto enthusiast, I'm really looking forward to the launch of this platform.

Random exchange? Maybe not.
On some exchange, maybe yes if its exchange:

Users need a solid and secure trading platform. To be honest (as a miner) sometimes I'm using exchanger's wallet address to receive payment from the pools (reducing transaction fee)  Grin  Smiley

I don't mind to put all of my asset there. But I'm a miner (that need a daily budget for an operational cost), and I short-term trader, I always turn my coin to fiat as soon as I can, that's why I put big hope to Eterbase.  Wink
NRista94 (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
September 21, 2018, 07:18:18 AM

That's the main point.

Well as said above i agree with you, but anthonytcm made a good point

It does depend a lot on the volume that you're holding, i'm also a "small" trader and i'm keeping my "stuff" on the exchange, but nothing can be as safe as cold storage
[YAZ]

View Profile
September 21, 2018, 07:49:43 AM

It does depend a lot on the volume that you're holding, i'm also a "small" trader and i'm keeping my "stuff" on the exchange, but nothing can be as safe as cold storage

Absolutely, Yes. No argue about it...
Only personal fault can deal with that.  Cheesy
russelluk

Activity: 158

View Profile
September 21, 2018, 07:54:48 AM

Please tell me this. Does this mean that we will be able to withdraw fiat currency a lot easier without it disappearing into the Abyss of the Intermediary Bank?
NRista94 (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
September 21, 2018, 08:10:59 AM

Please tell me this. Does this mean that we will be able to withdraw fiat currency a lot easier without it disappearing into the Abyss of the Intermediary Bank?

Correct, ETERBASE is a "bank-grade" exchange, but we will have to have some patience for the debit cards, The debit cards will be cold crypto storage and debit cards
russelluk

View Profile
September 21, 2018, 08:30:50 AM

Thanks but will your organisation have direct money transfer facilities to major banks such as HSBC, Barclays etc without intermediaries? Can we get money transferred in a day or two instead of 2 weeks and more?
TWitts

Activity: 11

View Profile
September 21, 2018, 08:32:38 AM

ETERBASE is seeking to become the first fully compliant cryptocurrency exchange in Europe. One of the ways they are doing this is through the acquisition of an Electronic Money Institution (EMI) license, as well as putting a focus on regulatory compliance. The whitepaper outlines in detail its procedures regarding KYC, GDPR, and AML requirements.

Why do we need a regulatory compliant crypto-exchange? Without regulation, cryptocurrency exchanges are free to operate as they see fit, without standards to ensure security and trust between exchange provider and user.

And ETERBASE is trying to change that, they recently got their FMA approval and it looks like they are on a good way to push the cryptocurrency adoption further

Hi NRista, just saw this thread then I remembered your help with a blockhive question few months ago, now with Eterbase I see, also in Europe? I tried out the demo and what I can say is - so far so good.

Has been fully responsive to screen sizes while having different looks under different resolutions. Responsive, edgier than Trex and clean, quite exciting TBH. Let's see the development for the coming months and Q1 19.

Thanks again keep up the good work Eterbase.
NRista94 (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
September 21, 2018, 10:08:39 AM

Thanks but will your organisation have direct money transfer facilities to major banks such as HSBC, Barclays etc without intermediaries? Can we get money transferred in a day or two instead of 2 weeks and more?

Eterbase is aiming to get their e-money licensing to allow users to have a registered IBAN within the exchange. Ultimately, there will be no third party banks facilitating the fiat to crypto / crypto to fiat transactions.
They aiming to have the fastest processing service as possible on top of providing 24/7 customer support. Sometimes it also comes down to the 3rd party that is sending/receiving funds to and from the IBAN provided so they can't guarantee for the time needed for the money transfer to be finalized.
NRista94 (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
September 21, 2018, 10:25:36 AM

Hi NRista, just saw this thread then I remembered your help with a blockhive question few months ago, now with Eterbase I see, also in Europe? I tried out the demo and what I can say is - so far so good.

Has been fully responsive to screen sizes while having different looks under different resolutions. Responsive, edgier than Trex and clean, quite exciting TBH. Let's see the development for the coming months and Q1 19.

Thanks again keep up the good work Eterbase.

Hey TWitts, so we meet again Cheesy
Yes Eterbase is based in Europe, Lichtenstein with offices in Vaduz. The UI adapts to the user's screen, and thanks for the feedback that everything is working nicely.
See you again here or on another project maybe Cheesy
russelluk

View Profile
September 24, 2018, 08:57:24 AM

Eterbase is aiming to get their e-money licensing to allow users to have a registered IBAN within the exchange. Ultimately, there will be no third party banks facilitating the fiat to crypto / crypto to fiat transactions.
They aiming to have the fastest processing service as possible on top of providing 24/7 customer support. Sometimes it also comes down to the 3rd party that is sending/receiving funds to and from the IBAN provided so they can't guarantee for the time needed for the money transfer to be finalized.

Ok but why do we need intermediaries? Surely if everything is licenced and meeting regulatory standards we can finally have exchanges that deal directly with the major Banks. I say this with a bit of annoyance at the moment not because of your organisation but I am sick and tired of waiting for my money to come from exchanges - Currently I have been waiting two weeks now for a withdrawal from Bitfinex. Everything shows as completed their end but no sight of my money anywhere. To make matters worse Bitfinex is ignoring my tickets - if anyone from Bitfinex is reading this - just have the common decency to tell me where our money is!!!!!!!!!!

Also last January - Kraken, CEX.io and Coinbase all failed to let me get my money out - all because of problems with their intermediary banks - I am sorry but this is just not good enough from the Exchanges - you are all making money so at least give us some customer service!!
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: