Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 07:45:14 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 35 »
  Print  
Author Topic: What can be done to make bitcoin stable?  (Read 30339 times)
gowobonyok

Activity: 490
Merit: 2

View Profile
March 22, 2019, 04:20:27 AM

make bitcoin a term payment method, meaning that it is continuously used and focused on 1 product. then the value of bitcoin will be the same for the exchange rate of 1 product, and may be stable.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
BeGoods
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1008

View Profile
March 22, 2019, 05:42:42 AM

one way for bitcoin to have a stable value is to legalize bitcoin into a legitimate currency that can be used as a means of transaction in all countries. and crypto currencies are not used as trading tools such as stocks. so the crypto currency has a fixed value and does not depend on trade market demand.
for now, I think it's very difficult to do it. maybe a regulation will help. but, basically, bitcoin is indeed very difficult to stabilize, there is even a difference of a few dollars a day in the increase or decrease. even more so when demand is overwhelming.
Regulation will not make the price of bitcoin stable, regulation will not make supply and demand equal dude.
There is nothing we can do, prices will continue to rise and fall, can be fast and slow depending on existing conditions..
zidanw

Activity: 1162
Merit: 258

1xbit.com

View Profile
March 22, 2019, 06:55:23 AM

It will be very difficult even though there are regulations because demand and also the supply of bitcoin itself is also limited to making basic economics where there will be an increase in the price of the product,

1xBit.com TICKET RUSH
                                       ▄██▄▄
    ▄▄▄▀▀█████▀▀▄▄▄            ▄▄    ▄███████▄
  ▄▀      ▀█▀      ▀▄        ▄█████████████████▄
 ██▌       █       ▐██      ▄████████████████▀▀██
████▄▄   ▄▄█▄▄   ▄▄████   ▄████████████████▀████
██▀   ▀▀███████▀▀   ▀██▄▄██████████████▀▀███▄▄██
█        █████        ██████████████▀██████▀▀ ▄▀
█       █     █       ███████████▀▀███▀▀▀▀▄▀▀
 █▄▄▄▄▄▀       ▀▄▄▄▄█████████████▀▀
  ▀████▄       ▄███████████████▀▀
    ▀▀▀██▄▄▄▄▄███████████████
               ████████▀▀
               ▀█▄▄▀ ▀
██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████
BET ON
WORLD CUP &
COLLECT TICKETS!
██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████
██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████
TAKE PART
██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████
Stavri

Activity: 980
Merit: 275

View Profile
March 29, 2019, 09:06:24 AM

volume must be very high and whales must go out of this market. because this market is very new and there are people that own so many bitcoins and they can easily manipulate the market and change the prices.
Netnox
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1008

View Profile
March 29, 2019, 11:09:11 AM

Why do you want Bitcoin to be stable? There are hundreds of other options out there, such as Tether and gold bullion coins. If BTC becomes stable, then it will lose many of its advantages.
Polar91

Activity: 1120
Merit: 553

Filipino Translator 🇵🇭

View Profile WWW
March 29, 2019, 12:11:10 PM

This actually can't be done when it starts to form and also has become the nature of bitcoin. people have seen bitcoin as an investment that has gone up and down in price. and also the request changes
Indeed. No one can control Bitcoin thus it will never be stable. It is comparable to stock market in which the principle of law of demand is being applied. However, the difference is that Bitcoin is the mainstream thus more players are in this market; making it impossible to be controlled or regulated by the government.
tadpole_bitfrog

Activity: 464
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 29, 2019, 12:32:31 PM

I am relatively new with regard to bitcoin but what I have noticed is that a lot of people just invest on it and then cash in when they feel like it is already enough to make a profit. I do not think that this will not be great in the long run because of it being unstable. So what can be done to make it stable?
stability will cause a lot of bad things in the crypto market. Besides, the decentralized market never stops fluctuating and that is its nature. That is why many adventurous investors participate in the crypto market. Wink

───────────────    IMO Ecosystem    ───────────────
Customer First, Innovation from Everyone, Fair & Transparent
TELEGRAM  ]              J O I N   U S              [   TWITTER   ]
dat.ho12492

Activity: 378
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
March 29, 2019, 01:55:11 PM

Why do you want Bitcoin to be stable? There are hundreds of other options out there, such as Tether and gold bullion coins. If BTC becomes stable, then it will lose many of its advantages.
Accurately, the stability of bitcoin is only a disadvantage for all of us because we are people who are accumulating and making money based on the change of bitcoin, and if bitcoin maintains stability, what we accumulate is useless, and the opportunity to make money on fluctuations will disappear, losing a source of income, therefore, stability is something I never want with bitcoin. Even if I wanted to, the whales in the back would not want to, they will always make prices soar to achieve profitability, stability is not appropriate and will not help them create more money

▀▀▀▀▀█████████   CRYPTON          ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬                    
▬▬          Revolutionary Cryptocurrency Exchange
Best Dreams

Activity: 1008
Merit: 101

View Profile
March 29, 2019, 09:56:55 PM

volume must be very high and whales must go out of this market. because this market is very new and there are people that own so many bitcoins and they can easily manipulate the market and change the prices.
Price will change if whales will buy at this price, current market needs allot of people who can buy and make price be high once again, high availability makes the price down so better buy and hold, stable price is not good for long term investors, price market change gives more chance to buy at low price ad to sell high.
Donceng

Activity: 251
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 29, 2019, 10:25:33 PM

I am relatively new with regard to bitcoin but what I have noticed is that a lot of people just invest on it and then cash in when they feel like it is already enough to make a profit. I do not think that this will not be great in the long run because of it being unstable. So what can be done to make it stable?
why you can conclude that bitcoin is not good for the long term, while you are involved in this field. most people are interested in investing in it because bitcoin price movements always change so fast that they can provide benefits to users. if bitcoin has a stable price, there won't be any long-term benefits
laredo7mm

Activity: 1498
Merit: 537

View Profile
March 30, 2019, 12:26:48 AM

Bitcoin will never be stable because it has become the nature of bitcoin itself which has fluctuated because the market itself determines the price of bitcoin. if more and more are interested in buying, of course there will be a price increase
demonz666

Activity: 493
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 30, 2019, 12:04:35 PM

why do you want the price of bitcoin to be stable. if bitcoin is stable we will not make a profit. we invest in cryptocurrency because of the volatility of buying when it is low and selling at high prices. and cryptocurrency is decentralized no one controls so it goes up and down according to the number of requests and offers.

Nasty23

Activity: 736
Merit: 100

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
March 30, 2019, 01:10:28 PM

Bitcoin will never be stable because it has become the nature of bitcoin itself which has fluctuated because the market itself determines the price of bitcoin. if more and more are interested in buying, of course there will be a price increase
The supply of bitcoin are limited that's why the price of it will always been depending on the demand of it in the market and that is the another reason why we will never see this as a stable currency but it would give us a huge possibility to earn a huge profit as we know that the price of it will increase in the future.

mrdeposit

Activity: 1358
Merit: 509

View Profile WWW
March 30, 2019, 01:16:01 PM

It should not be so precise. In the future, when BTC's price increases by hundreds of times, will the current scenarios continue? I guess no. So, like Forex. There will be no government behind, but we will see more stable price.
Ozero

Activity: 2044
Merit: 180

Chainjoes.com

View Profile
May 08, 2019, 04:28:20 AM

High price volatility of cryptocurrency is an inevitable evil and its advantage over other payment systems. It will always exist if we want to have a decentralized cryptocurrency. It is the absence of a regulatory body that makes cryptocurrency unstable in price, and this is precisely what attracts many people, helping them to get more profit. At the same time, this is a very big obstacle on the way to the legalization of cryptocurrency by states and its adoption by business structures as a means of payment.

pushups44

Activity: 854
Merit: 281

View Profile
May 08, 2019, 04:30:50 AM

The only way bitcoin can be made stable is for mass adoption to take place, thus shrinking its growth and buffering it from uncertainty. Thus, it is expected that as bitcoin subtantially increases in value in the coming years, the swings in its price will be progressively smaller. If bitcoin is to become a global reserve currency or asset, I can see bitcoin about as stable as the dollar or gold.
geegaw

Activity: 1316
Merit: 502

View Profile
May 08, 2019, 12:10:37 PM

The only way bitcoin can be made stable is for mass adoption to take place, thus shrinking its growth and buffering it from uncertainty. Thus, it is expected that as bitcoin subtantially increases in value in the coming years, the swings in its price will be progressively smaller. If bitcoin is to become a global reserve currency or asset, I can see bitcoin about as stable as the dollar or gold.
Well, and want to apply massively and use bitcoin as a global reserve currency, we always need a strong support from the governments of the countries but unfortunately, many countries do not seem to want to participate and use bitcoin, bitcoin makes their system have many problems. In addition, since bitcoin has appeared until now, it has always been a tool for big investors to use, they need bitcoin's volatility to make money, and for that reason, stability is something that never allows to happen, they will always plan to maintain this fluctuation

████     ████     ████              ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
████    █████▄    ███               ████▀▀▀▀███▄
 ███▄   ██▀███   ████   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ████    ▀███
 ▀███  ▄██  ██   ███                ████    ▄███
  ███  ██▀  ███ ▄███    ▄▄▄▄▄▄      ███████████▀
  ▀██▄ ██   ▀██ ███     ██████      ████
   ██████    ██████    ███  ███     ████
   ▀▀▀▀▀     ▀▀▀▀▀    ▄██▀  ▀██▄    ▀▀▀▀
                      ███    ███
                     ████████████
                    ▄███      ███▄
                    ████      ████
....WorkAsPro...
First 
Crypto-powered
Freelance Service
....NO KYC...
0% Commission
....Fiverr Alternative...
Blockchain Voting System
    ▄█▀█▄
    █▄ ▄█
     ▀▀▀
▄▄  ▄███▄         █
██ ███ ██        █▀
██ ███ ██       ▄█
██ ███ ▀▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀
██ ▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 █▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
  ██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▀█
▄█▀       ▀█▄ ▀█
▀▀         ▀▀  ▀▀
....Join us now...
cabalism13
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1165

🤩Finally Married🤩

View Profile
May 08, 2019, 03:04:55 PM

1. DRINK MILK
2. GO TO BED
3. SLEEP
4. DREAM
5. NEVER WAKE UP

with that you can achieve your goal of having a stable value for bitcoin.

Or...

Make a fiat, name it Bitcoin, and give it a stable value.

Silly Answer for a Silly Question
Now there you have it. Thank me Later.
Caladonian

Activity: 1302
Merit: 540

View Profile
May 08, 2019, 03:15:54 PM

High price volatility of cryptocurrency is an inevitable evil and its advantage over other payment systems. It will always exist if we want to have a decentralized cryptocurrency. It is the absence of a regulatory body that makes cryptocurrency unstable in price, and this is precisely what attracts many people, helping them to get more profit. At the same time, this is a very big obstacle on the way to the legalization of cryptocurrency by states and its adoption by business structures as a means of payment.
With high volatility most traders loves to play with this unstable industry, it's attract people to take their chances in order to play smart around the market, being stable will be a tough job to everyone who's inside this industry, they've been attracted because of some good opportunities to earned while the market is wildly moving up and down, they always find the good opportunities to enjoy the process.

We will continue to witness how volatile the movements will be, we just need to get used of it.
Vishnu.Reang

Activity: 1974
Merit: 453

View Profile WWW
May 08, 2019, 05:28:15 PM

Why do you want to make the currency stable? By "stable" I guess you want the exchange rate within a fixed range. But that would go against the market dynamics. If the exchange rate of a particular currency is artificially kept at a certain range (rather than allowing the demand / supply equation to determine the same), then economists will call it a manipulated currency.

I will give you an example of a manipulated currency. The Bahraini dinar is one such currency. The exchange rate is fixed at 1USD = 0.376 BD

When the exchange rate dips lower, then the Bahraini central bank will sell its USD reserves in exchange for BD to keep the rates stable. When the exchange rate gets higher, they do just the opposite.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 35 »
  Print  

Jump to: