Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 02:57:14 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: MY VIEW ON THE ADVANTAGES OF MERIT TO THE FORUM.  (Read 420 times)
Chomsy (OP)
Copper Member

Activity: 364
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 21, 2018, 01:22:45 AM

The Merit system of the forum has greatly enhanced the devotion of members to the forum. It has placed certain restrictions to members to avoid any form of discrepancies in their participation in the community. However, it is apparent that the reason why some members decide to be a part of it is because of what they stand to gain, so the merit system distinguishes the fully involved and serious members from those that are just being greedy in their involvement and are not really ready to come to terms with the forum standard. While some go extra mile to have more ideas about cryptocurrency so as to share all the knowledge they have concerning a topic and also their experiences with the other forum members of the community to help them become stronger in their dealings with the digital currencies, some simply stay back and have other people's work or contribution plagiarized thus reducing the standard of the forum. But this is definitely going to stop as the merit system is put in place.

Merit guides the forum members and motivate them to be fully focused in the community such that they are able to add good values to it and not otherwise. The merit system exists to uphold the community of the crypto lovers and to take it to the next level, so it demands the utermost cooperation of the members and it has staged some hierarchy for different people involved. This is very fascinating and helps to make everyone active and spontaneous in their involvement in the community. But some has taken this to be a sort of competition and they are willing to do what it takes for them to ascend the hierarchy ladder of the bitcointalk community. This is not supposed to be so, the merit system shouldn't be a gear for dubious activities but it should rather be seen as a factor that encourage forum members as their contributions become evident and useful for the uplift and forwardness of the forum. If everyone could only see it as such, many would have a new perspective about it and would not focus on the gain but the progress of the forum. It requires a great deal of time and hardwork to actually ascend the merit system hierarchy ladder, so this helps to keep all hands on deck to achieving the aim of the creation of the forum.

The forum shouldn't just be a litter ground for any sort of cheap or useless talks that aren't beneficial and useful to fortify members in their cryptocurrency exploit, it should be way pass that, but members just have to see it the way it should be seen and not just as a money making ground where anything less could be done.

Furthermore, i would say the merit system prevent all sort of empty posts that have no impact whatsoever on the forum and simple comments. It seeks to bring the best out of everyone involved because there is more to what an individual can offer as long as he/she is willing to submit and learn. The merit system appreciates everyone's sincerity and doggedness in the forum and separates honorable members i.e those ones that understand the motive of the forum and are regularly contributing towards its advancement. This explains why there are members with all of them having different ranks as far as their involvement and contributions to the system is concerned. So members should maintain their integrity and status in making the forum a standard and uncompromising network for the growth and development of the digital community. Merit has been a defining factor for all the members of the forum and is still up at its function to elevate members as they convincingly add values to the forum. Without the merit system, there will be no guide or control in the forum.

Without it, there would be no yardstick to measure members contributions and how relevant they are in the forum. Its like a drive for the effective interaction in the forum. So members are advised not to spam the forum or reduce the quality of the post they make in it because there is a community of people in the forum that are benefitted by the posts and comments made by others in the forum. Being a part of the forum demands ones painstaking effort and total commitment in all the activities that has to do with the forum and ones quality and sincere contributions to various topics and conversation on it. Doing the needful attracts merit for the forum members, as simple as that.

In conclusion, whether one happens to be a newbie in the system or even a certified member, what really matters is one's enthusiasm for cryptocurrency and the position one wishes to stand in advancing its progress or just following the crowd.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
cryptoJJJ

Activity: 53
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 21, 2018, 01:33:35 AM

The merit system is not perfect, but to fight spam and to let the reader get a quick idea about how much the author knows about the subject, the merit system is as good as it gets.
I think it’s a good idea to force everyone to do their best when they post here on BitcoinTalk, if we want blockchain to be a success, then we all need to be good ambassadors of blockchain technology. 

The merit system will make people go deeper into what blockchain technology can do. And our new wisdom can be used when we talk about blockchain, not just here on this forum but everywhere we talk about blockchain related subject, our knowledge’s about blockchain will get even more people to be interesting in blockchain.
mrkimvanan1

Activity: 130
Merit: 2

View Profile
September 21, 2018, 02:26:48 AM

It seemed that after have attorney change of theymos posts on the forum was back up and have more quality. People want to get merit, but I see many posts want the attention of others who desire them for merit that wrote the post with the meaning the same. I don't think it is a good idea. Instead of you to find a new idea, a funny pictures about Cryptocurrencies , or a story or an experience of themselves... that would be helpful for the forum and you yourself will quickly obtain merits for themselves. I wish you luck

▬▬▬▬▬▬ ARAW ▬▬▬▬▬▬
The Decentralised Payment
for E-Commerce Ecosystem
(http://arawtoken.io)
Daboy_Lyle

Activity: 532
Merit: 148

View Profile
September 21, 2018, 02:34:50 AM

-snip-
Too long speech from a newbie.
You don't need to post like this just to earn merits Roll Eyes Use 12 words with very full of informations.
Anyways nice effort lads
YOSHIE
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1760

View Profile
September 21, 2018, 03:12:45 AM

In conclusion, whether one happens to be a newbie in the system or even a certified member, what really matters is one's enthusiasm for cryptocurrency and the position one wishes to stand in advancing its progress or just following the crowd.

Sorry, you shouldn't post too far from questions and goals and want to get Merit,
The bottom line:
1. The purpose and purpose of posts that everyone understands,
2. Words that are meaningful and understood,
3. The concept of Altiker is interesting and useful for everyone and easy to read,
4. everyone peham and understand the purpose of the trial.
I think that is enough for you to want to attract people's attention.
Example:
1. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5030366.msg45811041#msg45811041
2. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5030366.msg45811297#msg45811297
3. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1926895.msg19121647#msg19121647
4. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4564216.msg41126904#msg41126904
5. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4564216.msg41160174#msg41160174

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
TMAN
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1808

Exchange Bitcoin quickly-https://blockchain.com.do

View Profile WWW
September 21, 2018, 03:49:51 AM
Merited by Foxpup (1), Don Pedro Dinero (1)

Please fuck off

███████████████████████████
████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀████████
██████▀▄██▀▀▄▄ ████▄▀██████
█████ ███ ████ ▀▀████ █████
████ █████ ███▀▀▀▄████ ████
████ ███▀▀▀▄▄▄████████ ████
████ ██▄▄▀▀███████▀▄▄█ ████
█████ █████ █▀██▀▄███ █████
██████▄▀███▀▄█▀▄███▀▄██████
████████▄▄▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▄▄████████
██████████▀▄███████████████
██████████████████████████
.FORTUNEJACK   JOIN INVINCIBLE JACKMATE AND WIN......10 BTC........
█████████████████████████
██████▀▀▀       ▀▀▀██████
█████  ▄▄▄█████▄▄▄  █████
█████  █████ █████  █████
█████  ██▄     ▄██  █████
█████  ████   ████  █████
█████▄  ██▄▄█▄▄██  ▄█████
██████▄  ███████  ▄██████
███████▄   ▀▀▀   ▄███████
██████████▄▄ ▄▄██████████
rhomelmabini

Activity: 2002
Merit: 578

View Profile
September 21, 2018, 04:40:27 AM

~ When I heard that oxygen and magnesium hooked up I was like "OMg".

That's how I rated this post.
Dilireba

Activity: 350

View Profile WWW
September 21, 2018, 05:26:35 AM

I can't read. You're thinking that make some wall of text on Meta will bringing merit. You're wrong. Concise and quality is better than long shit.

░▒▓ DFINANCE is New Age of DEFI ▓▒░
░▒▓ A Non-Code Platform for Decentralized Trading Instruments ▓▒░
░▒▓ https://dfinance.co ▓▒░
TMAN
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 21, 2018, 06:30:40 AM

I can't read. You're thinking that make some wall of text on Meta will bringing merit. You're wrong. Concise and quality is better than long shit.

yes because listening to someone with 0 merit in 7 months is the way to go!

Chomsy (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
September 21, 2018, 09:54:42 AM

Please fuck off

I think that's a very improper way to speak to people. There are better ways to air your view or better still give advices than 'Please fuck off'. Enjoy being at the top.
Jet Cash
Legendary

Activity: 2702
Merit: 2456

https://JetCash.com

View Profile WWW
September 21, 2018, 10:04:20 AM
Merited by Foxpup (2)

I think that's a very improper way to speak to people. There are better ways to air your view or better still give advices than 'Please fuck off'. Enjoy being at the top.

OK - how about this.

I've rated you as a "spambie". Initially because you have a lot of posts, and no merits. So why haven't you got any merits?

The first thing is the use of all caps in the thread title. You may think that it makes your thread look important, but what it really says is " I haven't got much to say that is of use, so I'm going to shout it out". Opening the thread presented me with a great wall of text, and the initial few lines were just gratuitous comments that are similar to the preample to most merit pseudo-begging threads, so I didn't bother to read the rest.

I think this may be the sentiment behind TMAN's comment.

Dammit - I've just noticed that this is my 5,000th post. I could have marked that milestone with something a bit more memorable. Smiley

Offgrid campers allow you to enjoy life and preserve your health and wealth.
Save old Cars - my project to save old cars from scrapage schemes, and to reduce the sale of new cars.
My new Bitcoin transfer address is - bc1q9gtz8e40en6glgxwk4eujuau2fk5wxrprs6fys
TMAN
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 21, 2018, 10:05:09 AM

This thread is absolute horseshit 0 value crap - its a waste of HDD space, a waste of bandwidth, a waste of everyone who reads it's time.

its absolute crap - stop posting right now and learn, English for starters, then the forum and bitcoin - I guarantee if you put some effort in you will have the tools to earn merit. Posting shit like this is an insult to us

sithuleee

Activity: 110

View Profile
September 21, 2018, 11:01:15 AM

It looks like almost all the demoted newbies are aiming at merits now and it makes more spams than previous. So I think it is better to say "bye" to the forum for a while.
xtraelv
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1924

฿ear ride on the rainbow slide

View Profile
September 21, 2018, 12:35:20 PM

I've adopted the OP under my "help a newbie" program. If you look at his posts they are not great but not terrible either. He has obviously put in a lot of effort into some of the recent posts (despite them appearing very cliche) - I am going to channel some of that energy into some constructive posts. We have already chatted quite a bit via PM.

We are surrounded by legends on this forum. Phenomenal successes and catastrophic failures. Then there are the scams. This forum is a digital museum.  
* The most iconic historic bitcointalk threads.* Satoshi * Cypherpunks*MtGox*Bitcointalk hacks*pHiShInG* Silk Road*Pirateat40*Knightmb*Miner shams*Forum scandals*BBCode*
Troll spotting*Thank you to madnessteat for my custom avatar hat.
Chomsy (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
September 21, 2018, 01:29:44 PM

I've adopted the OP under my "help a newbie" program. If you look at his posts they are not great but not terrible either. He has obviously put in a lot of effort into some of the recent posts (despite them appearing very cliche) - I am going to channel some of that energy into some constructive posts. We have already chatted quite a bit via PM.

Thanks for the help. Am willing and ready to learn. Most of the newbies like me are ignorant of some stuff. All we need is guidance and not killing or discouraging words.
onepiece1995

Activity: 238

View Profile
September 21, 2018, 11:30:23 PM

OK - how about this.

I've rated you as a "spambie". Initially because you have a lot of posts, and no merits. So why haven't you got any merits?

The first thing is the use of all caps in the thread title. You may think that it makes your thread look important, but what it really says is " I haven't got much to say that is of use, so I'm going to shout it out". Opening the thread presented me with a great wall of text, and the initial few lines were just gratuitous comments that are similar to the preample to most merit pseudo-begging threads, so I didn't bother to read the rest.

I think this may be the sentiment behind TMAN's comment.

Dammit - I've just noticed that this is my 5,000th post. I could have marked that milestone with something a bit more memorable. Smiley

yes I really agree with you. basically people in this forum must participate in questions and answers and obey the rules. but most people now just want to get merrites and don't care about the quality of the post
Lafu
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 3045

View Profile
September 22, 2018, 01:20:00 AM

I have watched your post history yesterday too and yeb there is a lot of bounty shit but a few posts maybe we can work on them also i have checked it for plagiarism and tata there was no plagiarism post !
So i guess you can work on your posting if i see the post back on June 24 ! Was fighting with myself if i give you one for that .

Watch - Learn - Think - Post   Grin

Daboy_Lyle

Activity: 532
Merit: 148

View Profile
September 22, 2018, 01:41:06 AM

I'm willing to learn xtraelv adopt me. I want to enhance my skills with. It will be nice to learn with newbies with new stuffs.
Cacheof

Activity: 14

View Profile
September 22, 2018, 12:53:41 PM

Try googling about cryptocurrency in general..
  Learn about the forum and forget about bounties,google topics such as
 Bitcoin Pizza Day
Cyprus
The bubble
Follow coins on the coinsmarketcap
 If you keep studying about all this and a lot more,you will come to love and appreciate the forum,not just the merits system
sweetrose1968

Activity: 434

View Profile
September 26, 2018, 01:01:46 AM

The merit system is not a perfect system but it was put into place to help reduce spam and to get more people to write quality posts and to help people on the forum with bitcoin information and to teach them how bitcoin works.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: