Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 04:29:50 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Latest drivel on bitcoin.com about bitcointalk.org  (Read 248 times)
xtraelv (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1924

฿ear ride on the rainbow slide

View Profile
September 21, 2018, 07:32:25 AM

Bitcoincashtalk.org: Another Uncensored Forum for Bitcoin Proponents to Freely Discuss and Debate This Innovative Technology

It is uncensored so lets have some discussions about bitcoin core on there. Shit-posters please go to Bitcoincashtalk.org

Two of the largest Bitcoin-based forums (coincidentally owned by the same individual) have been plagued with censorship in regard to the scaling debate. For instance, thousands of users have been banned on the Reddit forum r/bitcoin and the web portal Bitcointalk.org for merely speaking about a different opinion concerning scaling the Bitcoin Network. Then thousands of Reddit users and Bitcointalk.org users have also been banned for failing to toe the party line.

Archived: https://archive.fo/3zpC9
Source: https://news.bitcoin.com/a-censorship-free-version-of-bitcointalk-developer-launches-bitcoincashtalk-org/

Personally I have seen no censorship on here. But they are welcome to the banned plagiarists, account farms, bots, shit-posters and other rule breakers. Maybe Theymos can include a link to their site in the "you are banned" message.  Grin

We are surrounded by legends on this forum. Phenomenal successes and catastrophic failures. Then there are the scams. This forum is a digital museum.  
* The most iconic historic bitcointalk threads.* Satoshi * Cypherpunks*MtGox*Bitcointalk hacks*pHiShInG* Silk Road*Pirateat40*Knightmb*Miner shams*Forum scandals*BBCode*
Troll spotting*Thank you to madnessteat for my custom avatar hat.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Jet Cash
Legendary

Activity: 2702
Merit: 2456

https://JetCash.com

View Profile WWW
September 21, 2018, 07:56:56 AM

Since I have been a member of this forum, I have made many comment about the Bitcoin scaling problem, and virtually none of them have "toed the party  line". I have received many critical comments ( probably all justified), but at no time have any of my posts or threads been censored. My comments were made almost immediately as a newbie  and though my ranking until fairly recently. I did receive a considerable number of helpful and knowledgeable replies from the established and well informed members here.

I'm not sure how they can justify a comment about excessive censorship here. In my opinion, there isn't enough.

Offgrid campers allow you to enjoy life and preserve your health and wealth.
Save old Cars - my project to save old cars from scrapage schemes, and to reduce the sale of new cars.
My new Bitcoin transfer address is - bc1q9gtz8e40en6glgxwk4eujuau2fk5wxrprs6fys
xtraelv (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 21, 2018, 08:03:11 AM

Since I have been a member of this forum, I have made many comment about the Bitcoin scaling problem, and virtually none of them have "toed the party  line". I have received many critical comments ( probably all justified), but at no time have any of my posts or threads been censored. My comments were made almost immediately as a newbie  and though my ranking until fairly recently. I did receive a considerable number of helpful and knowledgeable replies from the established and well informed members here.

I'm not sure how they can justify a comment about excessive censorship here. In my opinion, there isn't enough.

The comments in the article about bitcointalk are complete nonsense.

There is no censorship on here. Even scammers are not censored.

There are rules that you have to abide by. Like no posting of off topic subjects.

I don't know about reddit because I do not post in that sub reddit.

I challenge them to show one deliberately censored post on bitcointalk that didn't break any of the rules.

We are surrounded by legends on this forum. Phenomenal successes and catastrophic failures. Then there are the scams. This forum is a digital museum.  
* The most iconic historic bitcointalk threads.* Satoshi * Cypherpunks*MtGox*Bitcointalk hacks*pHiShInG* Silk Road*Pirateat40*Knightmb*Miner shams*Forum scandals*BBCode*
o_e_l_e_o
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 18509

View Profile
September 21, 2018, 09:13:21 AM
Merited by Foxpup (2)

I know in the past they have become upset that their posts about their trash altcoin have been moved out of the Bitcoin section and to the Altcoin section where they belong. In their world that is "censorship" because BCH is "the real Bitcoin".  Roll Eyes
Jet Cash
Legendary

Activity: 2702
Merit: 2456

https://JetCash.com

View Profile WWW
September 21, 2018, 09:31:00 AM

I've had threads moved, but I'm not sure I consider that as censorship, as they are still on view to the public. I've also had posts deleted because a mod doesn't understand English humour, but I attribute that to mod frailty rather than censorship.

The only place where there does seem to be censorship is in the mining section. New miners aren't allowed to post there it seems, and you have to be an established miner using proven techniques. When I wanted some mining information, I was forced to ask questions on other forums. My threads as a mining newbie were deleted.

Offgrid campers allow you to enjoy life and preserve your health and wealth.
Save old Cars - my project to save old cars from scrapage schemes, and to reduce the sale of new cars.
My new Bitcoin transfer address is - bc1q9gtz8e40en6glgxwk4eujuau2fk5wxrprs6fys
xtraelv (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 21, 2018, 09:39:14 AM

I've had threads moved, but I'm not sure I consider that as censorship, as they are still on view to the public. I've also had posts deleted because a mod doesn't understand English humour, but I attribute that to mod frailty rather than censorship.

The only place where there does seem to be censorship is in the mining section. New miners aren't allowed to post there it seems, and you have to be an established miner using proven techniques. When I wanted some mining information, I was forced to ask questions on other forums. My threads as a mining newbie were deleted.

It is interesting that you mention that about the mining forum: Puzzled about deleted post.

Even the moderator couldn't flaw that post.

LTU_btc
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1330

Slava Ukraini!

View Profile WWW
September 21, 2018, 10:34:17 AM

Don't know about Reddit, but I didn't faced censorship. It looks like fake news. I don't know any cases when Bitcointalk user was banned just for his opinion. You can say whatever you want, as long as you're not breaking forum rules. Ok, maybe moving threads about Bitcoin Cash to altcoin board is censorship in their opinion. And banning copy pasters is also censorship.
And I can't understand why they opened Bitcoincashtalk.org. They already have their own forum forum.bitcoin.com which is more or less estabblished already.

vlad230

Activity: 616
Merit: 279

View Profile
September 21, 2018, 10:41:07 AM

This is just another way the spammers are trying to denigrate our BitCoinTalk forum. This is just something you need to filter out.

I didn't see any of my posts being deleted because I have expressed my opinion here. Also, didn't see any complaints from others about something like that.
o_e_l_e_o
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 18509

View Profile
September 21, 2018, 12:39:00 PM
Merited by Foxpup (1)

And I can't understand why they opened Bitcoincashtalk.org.

For the exact same reason they go around calling "Bitcoin Cash" "Bitcoin", and calling "Bitcoin" "Bitcoin Core". They know they can't stand on their own merits, so they have to piggy-back on a successful project.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: