Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 04:03:41 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Safety of your private key  (Read 17665 times)
cryptomanspbmgdn
Copper Member

Activity: 308
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
October 07, 2018, 08:28:52 AM

I firmly decided that I will soon begin to learn my private key from mew)to enter from memory)) I think this is a good asset protection
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
spaso_87

Activity: 224
Merit: 1

View Profile
October 07, 2018, 08:36:01 AM

It is the basis of the ownership of the wallet. the key is given to others is a stupid thing to do. If that were to be held by others then surely owned assets in the wallet will be compromised with quite easily. Save your own personal key wallet belonging to be personal assets.
sunno330

Activity: 406
Merit: 100

homt.net

View Profile
October 07, 2018, 08:37:50 AM

Well your wallet is where you keep your coin safe and it always important to protect it
 One of the best way is to protect your private key never give it out to any one even if it's your mentor that is very important
 This is for new guys like me

Private key most important thing. So, I saved my wallet private to key offline. Offline is best place for saving and secure for private key. Our wallet is most important to us. SO you need to put an text file or Microsoft word file for saving private key. Its good for safe your private key.

► HOMT ◄ ♦ World’s First Crypto Based Students Rental Platform ♦ ► HOMT ◄
───●●───●●───●●───●●───●●─[   Bounty Detective   ]─●●───●●───●●───●●───●●───
Website|Twitter|Medium|Telegram|Facebook|LinkedIn
DesertOasis3

Activity: 144
Merit: 4

View Profile
October 07, 2018, 08:38:55 AM

Private key is the source to recover your wallet should your machine crash and the original DAT files be wiped and without any backups. Keep it on a cold storage USB or simply on a piece of paper secured under lock and key somewhere.
SamboNZ

Activity: 1064
Merit: 253

View Profile
October 07, 2018, 08:49:56 AM

If you want to be hacked or to be scammed just give your private key to others, it's just that simple. You should always consider the safety of your accounts to avoid hackers and scammers. Never go to unsecured sites and always check if your browser is secured. Check the links your entering because I've seen some modus where they copy the same web page.
john alex young

Activity: 199
Merit: 3

View Profile
October 07, 2018, 08:58:30 AM

I agree if one of the best ways to maintain security in a wallet is never to give a personal key to the person. Because it is very susceptible to occur in money, be careful not to keep the private key.
GodsChosenVessel
Copper Member

Activity: 164
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
October 07, 2018, 10:18:15 AM

One of the most important thing 9n the Cryptocurrency is the safety of your seeds and private keys of your wallets. Once your lose your control over the private, you will definitely lose all the coins you have camped in your wallets.

Ethereum Next is a brand-new cryptocurrency
 Twitter      ⟹ Ethereum Next  ⟸     telegram
tansoft64

Activity: 532
Merit: 253

View Profile
October 07, 2018, 11:35:50 AM

The safety of our key is very important and never entrust it to anyone except to your love one or family members because if something happen to you your holdings will never go to waste.
jpnl0005

Activity: 448

View Profile
October 07, 2018, 02:46:55 PM

Wallet are made for coins to be kept safe and also to ensure you do not by mistake or by any means give out your private key you can print ot out and keep somewhere safe but away from online stuffs cause the moment your private key goes out then your hard work is gone
leviathon

Activity: 392
Merit: 13

View Profile
October 08, 2018, 01:42:45 PM

Well your wallet is where you keep your coin safe and it always important to protect it
 One of the best way is to protect your private key never give it out to any one even if it's your mentor that is very important

That is true, every newbie needs to know that the best way to make sure that there is never a hack or a threat to their coins is to make sure that they are keeping their private key safe. Never telling anyone about it, making sure that you are saving it in a place that is not connected online where hackers can get to the private key.
bysmf2000

Activity: 158

View Profile
October 08, 2018, 02:00:55 PM

Everyone understands that if you give a private step to someone else then everything you have can be lost, even if it's your best friend, because you have to believe it is yourself. And my advice is to back up for every single private key you have.

█████████       devilsdragon.com       █████████
────    Adult Entertainment's Future is on Blockchain    ────
l10no

Activity: 518
Merit: 101

View Profile
October 08, 2018, 02:23:17 PM

it is very true that the private key must be completely kept secret and recorded in excel or word and saved as best as possible, because if anyone knows whether it's a friend, mentor or even a brother. and suddenly your money is lost. who did you blame. because everyone can take and open your wallet
jpaul

Activity: 420

View Profile
October 13, 2018, 04:05:26 PM

Absolutely, giving out your private key is the worst thing that you can ever do as you have given that person unlimitied access to your wallet. The best way for me to store it is to write it down, somewhere that no one can get to it. So in the case of your computer getting hacked you do not have to worry about the hackers getting their hands on the keys

timmmers

Activity: 1176
Merit: 265

View Profile
October 13, 2018, 04:10:03 PM

Storing your private key is the most important thing in crypto. And probably the most difficult problem to solve. I can only recommend you to not store it on the internet (cloud, email etc.)

▄▄▄▄▄▄
         ▄▄███▀▀▀▀███▄▄
      ▄██▀▀          ▀▀██▄
     ██▀       ██       ▀██
    ██        ██          ██
   ██        ██   ██       ██
  ▐█▌       ██ ▄▄▄ ██      ▐█▌
  ██       ██  ███  ██      ██
  ▐█▌     ██         ██    ▐█▌
   ██    ██           ██   ██
    ██  ▀▀             ▀▀ ██
     ██▄                ▄██
      ▀██▄▄          ▄▄██▀
         ▀▀███▄▄▄▄███▀▀
             ▀▀▀▀▀▀
.Akoin

.ONE AFRICA. ONE KOIN..

█▀▀

█▄▄

▀▀█

▄▄█

█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█                     █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄              █
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█

.TELEGRAM
Jansaa

Activity: 392
Merit: 105

View Profile
October 13, 2018, 04:13:27 PM

Private key is very important in the use of Bitcoin and altcoin, lost or hacked, leading to the loss of all Bitcoin and altcoin! Care should be taken before using the applications and storage options
bboyjohn

Activity: 448

View Profile
October 13, 2018, 04:50:15 PM

Private key is the most valuable thing an investor has. If your wallet finds out someone else has lost your password, you lose everything you have. So you have to pay much attention when using private key Smiley

▀▀█▄▄    [websitewhitepaper]  ❒  ATHERO  ❒  .Internet 3.0 solution    ▄▄█▀▀
  A revolutionary decentralized digital economy 
▄▄█▀▀    Twitter  ◽  Facebook  ◽  Telegram  ◽  Youtube  ◽  Github   ▀▀█▄▄
heritage35

Activity: 462
Merit: 13

View Profile
October 13, 2018, 09:09:45 PM

It is for new guys like me
It is okay you said that guys like you. I would have said that even those who are nit in the crypto space, mere seeing the word private, they would have known it is personal and that it should not be revealed to anyone else.
batang_bitcoin

Activity: 2968
Merit: 600

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
October 13, 2018, 09:11:01 PM

Perfect.

You don't have to give your private key even to your mentor. If your wallet has funds then don't just simply give it to anyone and trust them with your money that's not how you keep your private keys safe. You have trust to him because he taught you? no that's not enough, your money is your money and you have to keep it.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
jpoker272727
Legendary

Activity: 1137
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 13, 2018, 09:21:27 PM

Perfect.

You don't have to give your private key even to your mentor. If your wallet has funds then don't just simply give it to anyone and trust them with your money that's not how you keep your private keys safe. You have trust to him because he taught you? no that's not enough, your money is your money and you have to keep it.

Most of people say beware of phishing but phishing is a large area to be discussed and it includes lots of other security things that a person should now.
First of all we should have a clean PC with no keylogger or any other software that can steal the clipboard (the place where copy-paste is stored)
Secondly use wallets as much as offline and use trusted websites if you choose online wallets or so.
blueteam09

Activity: 664

📱 CARTESI 📱 INFRASTRUCTURE FOR SCA

View Profile
October 13, 2018, 09:25:35 PM

To protect the private key more securely, you should write the sequence of characters to a sheet of paper and store it away. If you save them on a PC, they can be stolen if a hacker the PC. So choose the safest ways to protect it from all dangers.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: