Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 06:32:16 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Safety of your private key  (Read 17665 times)
ven7net

Activity: 1946
Merit: 112

View Profile
October 24, 2018, 12:12:38 PM

You are absolutely right that the private key of your wallet should only be with you and should not be given to anyone, but that’s not all to protect your wallet. There are other ways to hack your wallet. One of the most common ways is the phishin site, in other words, you can send an interesting message with a link that leads to a fake site and if you do not understand this, you can also get into the hands of a hacker. Also, by sending you files, you can get remote access to your PC and also find out all the important information if it is stored on your PC. In any case, you need to be very careful and closely monitor the information that will be sent to you, and sent her will definitely.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
MargoGolova

Activity: 202
Merit: 1

View Profile
October 24, 2018, 12:19:57 PM

I believe that people lose their coins out of your wallet to blame but himself. Scammers are and will always be, and you have to be very vigilant with your data. I do not know how you can fool your head to you personally gave your password to the wallet
cryptogeek101

Activity: 798
Merit: 250

homt.net

View Profile WWW
October 24, 2018, 12:21:15 PM

Well your wallet is where you keep your coin safe and it always important to protect it
 One of the best way is to protect your private key never give it out to any one even if it's your mentor that is very important
 This is for new guys like me

I totally agree with you, your private key is one of the most valuable properties in the cryptocurrency world of business, so you must protect it with all amount of seriousness,do not disclose it to any other persons.

HOMT

Powered by,
RuJuliette

Activity: 560
Merit: 11

View Profile
October 24, 2018, 12:24:10 PM

The best way (in my opinion) is the "old school" way to store it. Take a piece of paper write it down and keep it at least 2 different and secured location!

Yes it's the most secure way to store the private keys, to write on a sheet of paper and to hide in the safe made of steel. Some older people who are not so good in computing create even paper wallets, it's easier for them.  

Fedor2018

Activity: 294

View Profile
October 24, 2018, 12:50:05 PM

I believe that people lose their coins out of your wallet to blame but himself. Scammers are and will always be, and you have to be very vigilant with your data. I do not know how you can fool your head to you personally gave your password to the wallet

I completely agree with you. We can not of course recognize the fraudster in front of us or not, but the key to the wallet is the information that can not be shown to anyone, even the closest people .

http://SPORTSFIX.io
●   BE A GAME CHANGER   ●

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
thesosorr

Activity: 691
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 24, 2018, 12:56:58 PM

You even have to keep a good personal key and, you and others. Even better so that your wallet is safe, keep your private key in a place that has no impression with the internet.
ereborltc

Activity: 966
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 24, 2018, 01:19:53 PM

Well your wallet is where you keep your coin safe and it always important to protect it
 One of the best way is to protect your private key never give it out to any one even if it's your mentor that is very important
I will write down my private key on paper and use my hardware wallet to save my token property.

Legendary / Hero Member

█████
█████   ▄▄██████▄▄
█████▄██████████████▄▄
██████████▀▀▀▀▀▀███████▄
███████▀  ▄▄██▄▄  ▀█████▄
██████   ██▀  ▀██   █████
█████▌   ██▄▄▄
█████▌    ▀▀▀███▄
 █████   ██▄  ▄██   █████
 ▀█████▄  ▀▀██▀▀  ▄█████▀
  ▀███████▄▄▄▄▄▄███████▀
    ▀▀██████████████▀▀
        ▀▀██████▀▀

.BILLSCASH.

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
.Decentralized Microtask Platform on the Blockchain.
.With Encrypted User to User Messages.
  ───────
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀  █████
████████████▀▀      ██████
▐████████▀▀   ▄▄     ██████▌
▐████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ███████▌
▐████████ █▀        ███████▌
████████ █ ▄███▄   ███████
████████████████▄▄██████
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
Twitter
Facebook
Reddit

LinkedIn
Github
lamba

Activity: 126

View Profile
October 24, 2018, 11:40:38 PM

The safest option is hardware wallet dude. YOu can buy ledger or trezor and with that way you can feel safe about your private keys. With these hardware wallets even you dont know your private keys  .. That is really good thing.
ngano ba

Activity: 280

View Profile
October 25, 2018, 12:04:25 AM

The safety of your private key is very important , there are few reminders from the wallet provider which is myetherwallet ,so just follow those reminders and avoid too much exposure of your private key , so that it will not be accidentally detected by the hackers, do avoid those mentions phising sites that mighr dangerous to your wallet, keep your private key in the safest place , and be cautious and safety always.
restuibu

Activity: 994

View Profile
October 25, 2018, 12:25:21 AM

yes this is the most important thing to keep the assets that we have in the wallet, so that all is good then you have to save the private key and also I suggest you also maintain the password properly

coinsycrip09

Activity: 910

View Profile
October 25, 2018, 12:43:46 AM

yes this is the most important thing to keep the assets that we have in the wallet, so that all is good then you have to save the private key and also I suggest you also maintain the password properly
you are right,,   Smiley Smiley
right now we have to be very careful with our wallets and private keys. it's hard to trust someone, and one more thing i also give good advice to secure all of our important data, that is, don't visit any links that enter via email or from other social media. it could be a link that will make you lose your assets.
Layers318

Activity: 266
Merit: 4

CurioInvest [IEO Live]

View Profile WWW
October 25, 2018, 12:49:14 AM

The safety of private keys lies in the care of the wallet holder. Hackers cannot enter the wallet and steal the private keys unless the holder send it out through a phishing site or store the private key in a susceptible email or storage.

[ CurioInvest ]: Bringing Collectables into the Digital World (https://curioinvest.com) [IEO LIVE]
MeongElek

Activity: 418
Merit: 10

"simply getting the job done"

View Profile
October 25, 2018, 01:02:29 AM

The safety of private keys lies in the care of the wallet holder. Hackers cannot enter the wallet and steal the private keys unless the holder send it out through a phishing site or store the private key in a susceptible email or storage.
Yes, we must be more careful when opening the site. For safer storage, my friend recommends storing private keys offline, such as flash disk and others. So, until now I still believe that file storage with offline methods will be safer than hackers.

Mycro Jobs                                                                                                                                                                                                   
| SIMPLY GETTING THE JOB DONE
⟩                                                                                                                                                     
                                                           ⟩⟩ Telegram ⟩⟩ Twitter ⟩⟩ Medium ⟩⟩ Github ⟩⟩ Instagram ⟩⟩ LinkedIn ⟩⟩ YouTube ⟩⟩ Facebook
Altero

Activity: 784
Merit: 123

View Profile
October 25, 2018, 01:05:25 AM

We also consider on visiting scam sites(accidentally) which could be similar to the legit one. The lost of account keys problem is still existing unless we take actions on it individually. No other person could help us, it is our own security measures we usually practice at all times. That is why, we should be vigilant and read carefully or bookmarks legit sites to avoid from visiting phishing sites.
Jdragon6x6

Activity: 247

View Profile
October 25, 2018, 01:18:06 AM

Personally I don't keep my private keys in my computer, I have them stored in a flash drive. For me it is much safer than being in my computer to avoid getting hacked. I visit different sites and I don't know wether they are safe or not and by storing them in a separate storage I can rest assure that my private keys are safe.
UsherClara

Activity: 34
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 25, 2018, 01:32:47 AM

Private keys play a central role in verifying these messages, identifying senders and recipients and securing networks. Anyone who knows your private key can steal your funds.Any valid signature bearing will be accepted by the Bitcoin network. At the same time, anyone who owns an individual key can create a valid transaction. These two things being done together mean that someone only knows your private key can steal you. So never give anyone a private key, and remember to install a private key with a strong and unpredictable password.
marksayson

Activity: 420

View Profile WWW
October 25, 2018, 01:35:46 AM

Be sure to store your wallet credentials away from online or from the exposure of internet connections to ensure that there will be no harm coming from your account. Always make sure also not to expose even your ethereum address online to be able to keep confidentiality on your wallet.

BankDex.io  / Decentralized Exchange
glasbren

Activity: 658
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 25, 2018, 01:39:29 AM

Also always check the validity of the sites you access, that are asking about your private key. make sure that is the real sites, just like myetherwallet, cause there are fake websites that are used for phishing,  it absolutely will take your fund you keep in the wallet if you enter your private key into a phishing website.
missyqt29

Activity: 434

View Profile
October 25, 2018, 02:05:36 AM

I recommend you to try out some wallets which have a very good feature like accessing your account even if you are offline, also accessing your accounts through many various ways not just through username and password. My Ether Wallet is a very good wallet which enables you to use JSON file in order to log in to your account which I find the most secure.
Cenil

Activity: 280

View Profile
October 25, 2018, 02:13:58 AM

of course we have to guard our private keys so that no one can steal coins from our wallets, but it is undeniable that hackers are now getting smarter to steal other people's private wallet keys, one example is by phishing usually by manipulating wallet site by creating a site that resembles the wallet site, so it should be more careful and do not just enter our wallet's private key into a less trusted site.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: