Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 08:36:16 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Safety of your private key  (Read 17665 times)
Collinberg

Activity: 407
Merit: 14

Collectrix-Bridgin the physical and Virtual worlds

View Profile WWW
October 26, 2018, 05:32:42 PM

One sure way to store your private key is telegram, and make sure you protect your telegram with 2FA to avoid unauthorized access to it, I have been using it for years and never had any issues with it

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You can see the statistics of your reports to moderators on the "Report to moderator" pages.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Galley

Activity: 1274
Merit: 14

View Profile
October 26, 2018, 05:43:46 PM

In order to protect your savings, it is enough to carry out simple precautions about which much has already been written here. You need to be very careful about this and not make elementary mistakes. Use special applications for safe operation.
Mokter

Activity: 180
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 26, 2018, 05:54:54 PM

Recently we often hear that someone mew has been hacked. As per my view, its happening because of phishing site. So we need to be careful and attentive when clicking on the links. To protect your private key from hacking i think we should write it on a offline paper and keep it safely. i think offline is  best way to keep private key secure.
Invest-or

Activity: 322
Merit: 20

View Profile
October 26, 2018, 07:48:59 PM

Safety is overrated. Seriously, unless you just give away your keys to someone on purpose, there is a very distant chance of anyone hacking your wallets. Seriously, unless you own many thousands you are not a target.
saycryptohello

Activity: 574
Merit: 11

View Profile
October 27, 2018, 04:56:01 PM

I think for crypto enthusiasts their private key should be on a par with the heart or soul. I mean, seriously. It can not be lost in any case.
IKZIR31

Activity: 308
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 27, 2018, 05:02:46 PM

yes that's true, you never give a private key and password to anyone for any reason. keep them well, don't let your assets disappear because of your negligence.
andigentho

Activity: 448
Merit: 102

View Profile
October 27, 2018, 05:12:21 PM

Yes, I agree with this, never give a private key to anyone. Because the private key is to open the wallet to store our assets. If this happens from now on, make a new wallet and immediately move all assets.
Painbird

Activity: 552
Merit: 102

View Profile
October 27, 2018, 05:12:58 PM

it's depands on your activity I think.if you alert from several pushing site to control your private key then it will be good. another think is,don't be share your private key with another person.

Xcode7

Activity: 1120
Merit: 414

View Profile
October 27, 2018, 05:20:20 PM

it's depands on your activity I think.if you alert from several pushing site to control your private key then it will be good. another think is,don't be share your private key with another person.
I think in some cases I have known the problem for private keys is the user who has it because the accuracy of the user is very important when opening access to the website. and don't open the wallet too often if you don't really need it because it could be because your private key is spread due to an error when entering

Duelbits
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
///  PLAY FOR FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
█████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
█████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
PLAY NOW
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
█████
bohboh

Activity: 499
Merit: 1

View Profile
October 27, 2018, 05:31:16 PM

Newbies are to be guided on keeping safe their privates key, after opening an account, they should backup the paraphrase, mnemonic or private key altogether safe with password.
Once this are linked out! The token are as good as gone.
frost_wind

Activity: 560
Merit: 16

View Profile WWW
October 27, 2018, 05:46:15 PM

I thought that the rule for not sharing your private key with anyone is something that everyone should have understood so long ago. The problem of theft of keys from users computers after their devices are infected with a virus is much more relevant. It is very important to ensure that your computer is not infected with malicious code, because all valuable information stored on it can be stolen.

braves182

Activity: 476

The BISTOX exchange - OWN WHAT YOU TRADE

View Profile WWW
October 27, 2018, 06:05:22 PM

The best way is not to store the key in electronic form, but to print the private key when creating the wallet and store this sheet in a safe place.  You can also download jason file, but the password to it, too, don't keep in electronic form. And, of course, to have 10-15 MEW , although it is certainly not very convenient , but more secure.

█▀▄ ▀ ▄▀▀ ▀█▀ ▄▀▄ █░█
THE MOST ADVANCED AND SAFE CRYPTOCURRENCY █▀█ █ ░▀▄ ░█░ █░█ ▄▀▄WHITEPAPERTWITTERFACEBOOKTELEGRAMONEPAGER
EXCHANGE IN THE WORLD ▀▀░ ▀ ▀▀░ ░▀░ ░▀░ ▀░▀⬡the B I S T O X exchange⬡
ssuchy

Activity: 490

View Profile
October 27, 2018, 06:26:11 PM

The best way is not to store the key in electronic form, but to print the private key when creating the wallet and store this sheet in a safe place.  You can also download jason file, but the password to it, too, don't keep in electronic form. And, of course, to have 10-15 MEW , although it is certainly not very convenient , but more secure.

In fact, you said absolutely rightly that it is better to print information only on a paper basis and store it in a safe place, because electronic media and digital formats have certain risks. and paper is best kept away from fire, and nothing more.
AgentZero23

Activity: 644

View Profile WWW
October 27, 2018, 06:34:08 PM

Well your wallet is where you keep your coin safe and it always important to protect it
 One of the best way is to protect your private key never give it out to any one even if it's your mentor that is very important
 This is for new guys like me
Never used private keys to access any of your wallet. I never used my private key to access my MEW because it's not safe. Always open your wallet with Json file or with password and also make sure to used Google Authenticator in some of your wallets. Paste your private key in excel sheet and stored it in some flash drive for only one purpose for storing sensitive data.
santino11

Activity: 448
Merit: 103

View Profile
October 27, 2018, 06:35:55 PM

Number 1 major rule in cryptocurrency community.
NEVER SHARE YOUR PRIVATE KEYS TO ANYONE.
Never share it to your friends or coworkers.
Never ever share it online, it will be your risk if you will do that.
wahyu5

Activity: 729
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 27, 2018, 06:40:24 PM

The private key is something that we must take good care of, keep it where we feel is safe enough and never tell anyone our personal key, thus we will avoid theft that might be done by irresponsible people. My advice is to use the Nano Ledger to store crypto assets that you have, because that seems safe enough.
Zentor

Activity: 378
Merit: 12

View Profile
October 27, 2018, 06:51:54 PM

You should write down your private keys on the paper and make sure that you wouldn`t lose it and nobody will read it or encrypt them with strong password and backup this file in multiple cloud storages in the case of data loss on your hard drive.
aji567

Activity: 728

View Profile
October 27, 2018, 06:56:51 PM

I store my wallet in several documents and also hardware or software to keep security safe and also avoid phishing websites.
Mas Ustad

Activity: 378

View Profile
October 27, 2018, 07:03:51 PM

Private key is a prime factors in online virtuality or cryptocurrency because one if lossing anyone private key in mew wallet he might lost all.my friend lossing his private key hence he lost of all his altcoins, some ETH.
I also very much agree with the Private key is a prime factors in online cryptocurrency or virtuality therefore should be able to keep the fingers that are not responsible for, and do not let anyone else know then we could lose the entire hard results During this

|   EOS Exchange   |▌       The Exchange for the EOS Community!       |   EOSex   |
                          ICO: 15th October to 20th November  |  Free EXP Tokens: Join Bounty!                          
Whitepaper                 ANN Thread                 Telegram                 Twitter                 Mobile
sorrros

Activity: 954
Merit: 104

ludenaprotocol.io

View Profile
October 27, 2018, 07:07:22 PM

Well your wallet is where you keep your coin safe and it always important to protect it
 One of the best way is to protect your private key never give it out to any one even if it's your mentor that is very important
 This is for new guys like me
Few years ago there was a trend to make a paper wallet (offline wallet) and store here your Bitcoins, but I think that this caused that so many Bitcoins are now lost because people lost or threw paper wallet into trash.
These days are hardware wallet very popular.

► LudenaProtocol ◄ ♦️ A Gamified Social Platform for Worldwide Gamers ♦️ ► LudenaProtocol ◄
───●●───●●───●●───●●───●●─[   Bounty Detective   ]─●●───●●───●●───●●───●●───
Website|Twitter|Medium|Telegram|Instagram|Whitepaper
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: