Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 08:18:46 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Safety of your private key  (Read 17665 times)
Mas Ustad

Activity: 378
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 27, 2018, 07:10:32 PM

To ensure the privacy of your private key, I think you should buy external storage devices such as USB, saving essential private information on USB is very safe because if you do not use you will withdraw them from the PC so can avoid hackers.
It is indeed a great many ways to secure the privacy of this key depends by the owner also heck, in the Save in USB and pc also delicious just advice the gan anyway preferably at either gan in order to keep the guard when his usb virus

|   EOS Exchange   |▌       The Exchange for the EOS Community!       |   EOSex   |
                          ICO: 15th October to 20th November  |  Free EXP Tokens: Join Bounty!                          
Whitepaper                 ANN Thread                 Telegram                 Twitter                 Mobile
Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
vinbentrob

Activity: 210
Merit: 10

“Tackling Climate Change Using Blockchain”

View Profile
October 27, 2018, 07:28:37 PM

Safety of your private key should be your priority and every other safety measure should be duly observed!  If there is a mistake in the handling or uses of your private key,  it could lead to total loss!

ajdaj

Activity: 532

View Profile
October 27, 2018, 07:39:27 PM

Safety of your private key should be your priority and every other safety measure should be duly observed!  If there is a mistake in the handling or uses of your private key,  it could lead to total loss!
In any case, many times already many users of cryptocurrency offered the easiest way to solve this problem. This is a paper-based printout of all of their secret keys, so they can be saved without problems and with proper secrecy.
TheReverend

Activity: 462

View Profile
October 27, 2018, 07:46:16 PM

yeah just keep your private key dont give to anybody, ignore all message that give you a reward with give your private key.
when you want login always look a site, because so many site phising for MEW.metamask etc, check the connection secure or not.
for the last make backup for your private key.

jorgelugra

Activity: 266

View Profile
October 27, 2018, 07:53:45 PM

I think that safety is the most important thing when trading. Crypto market is unsafe today because more and more people want to earn money, not everyone wants to earn using fair methods
melomanskiy
Copper Member

Activity: 504
Merit: 6

View Profile
October 27, 2018, 08:01:12 PM

My secret key is on a separate flash drive, and I only use it when I need to make a transaction. I have never shown it to anyone and I am not going to do it! Safety is paramount.
kliown

Activity: 1080
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 27, 2018, 08:17:18 PM

I doubt that people close to you can use you to get money, more likely that you will stumble upon any phishing site and give the key and password to scammers.
seggardinggins

Activity: 616

View Profile
October 27, 2018, 08:24:19 PM

I think that safety is the most important thing when trading. Crypto market is unsafe today because more and more people want to earn money, not everyone wants to earn using fair methods
There are currently so many ways to make money easily, therefore we must be careful. I suggest that you do not download or do activities that endanger your computer because piracy can occur through sites or files that you download.
Rrtt

Activity: 378

View Profile
October 27, 2018, 08:28:58 PM

Well your wallet is where you keep your coin safe and it always important to protect it
 One of the best way is to protect your private key never give it out to any one even if it's your mentor that is very important
 This is for new guys like me
Lol, why would you give your wallet to anybody? It is your money and you should keep it in a safe way. Better if write it down in a piece of paper and hide somewhere safe in your home. Don't store all your private key in a soft files.
louisBSAS

Activity: 623
Merit: 11

Proof-of-Stake Blockchain Network

View Profile
October 27, 2018, 09:08:01 PM

Well your wallet is where you keep your coin safe and it always important to protect it
 One of the best way is to protect your private key never give it out to any one even if it's your mentor that is very important

The private key is best stored on a separate flash drive. And never store on a computer that has constant access to the Internet.

Coroline

Activity: 1092
Merit: 256

View Profile
October 27, 2018, 09:15:13 PM

make a second protection on your private key, and always be careful visiting websites, always use bookmarks if you visit the site to avoid phishing
tterrorpipa

Activity: 322
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
October 28, 2018, 08:42:04 AM

Be sure to safe keep your private key on a safebox. As long as you keep it offline and all of your access key, rest assured that your funds is safe. And also do not be fooled by the impostor admin in the telegram that asks for your private key.

HARA │ Empowering billions through data one byte at a time
EducoinVietnam

Activity: 420

View Profile
October 29, 2018, 08:11:32 AM

You should also always remember about need to use the latest version of poweful antivirus, because it other case you are easy target for fishers.
jt byte

Activity: 994
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 29, 2018, 08:16:12 AM

There are two ways how to protect your private key from hackers.
Never go online with your private key - so, create some paper wallet.
Or buy hardware wallet, this wallet will safe your private key outside the computer - hackers cant access it!

sergey1301

Activity: 336
Merit: 1

View Profile
November 03, 2018, 05:33:48 AM

Go to the wallet, only through the browser bookmarks. The most popular, kind of hacking, through fake links.
jcojci

Activity: 686
Merit: 112

View Profile
November 04, 2018, 05:24:30 AM

There are two ways how to protect your private key from hackers.
Never go online with your private key - so, create some paper wallet.
Or buy hardware wallet, this wallet will safe your private key outside the computer - hackers cant access it!

I prefer with the hardware wallet, and I think it's the best wallet that we can use. Besides that, we don't have to afraid from the attacker, as long as we can keep the hardware wallet safe and no one knows where the hardware wallet, then we are very safe. We can use the safety box in our banks too to keep that the hardware wallet and only we that will keep the keys of the safety box.
Olatunjex

Activity: 1064
Merit: 102

View Profile
November 05, 2018, 08:17:49 PM

Exactly, don't trust anybody with your private key, no matter how close they may be to you, crypto is money and people can't be trusted when money is involve in anything, it is your personal use and it should always be private.

|     T o n T o g e t h e r     |     Saving Empowers Winning     |
Join Launchpool  >  Jan 10th - Feb 10th
●      T W I T T E R      ●      T E L E G R A M      ●      M E D I U M      ●
Litzki1990

Activity: 1204
Merit: 296

View Profile WWW
November 06, 2018, 09:06:41 AM

Some of my keys ill save them on different driver so that if ill forgot or lost my key iv'e have some extra.
It is important to save our private and do not let it be lost because it is important for us to be protected our coins.

Duelbits
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
///  PLAY FOR FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
█████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
█████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
PLAY NOW
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
█████
veekky

Activity: 490

View Profile
November 06, 2018, 09:11:10 AM

I suggest you split your funds in several wallets. Also keep your long term tokens in 1 wallet and participate in bounties and airdrops with another.
Sometimes you can make a mistake and disclose your private key etc
faceoff97

Activity: 644
Merit: 113

View Profile
November 07, 2018, 10:13:48 PM

I suggest you split your funds in several wallets. Also keep your long term tokens in 1 wallet and participate in bounties and airdrops with another.
Sometimes you can make a mistake and disclose your private key etc
I actually use an open source multiwallet where I store all my funds in one app. The wallet allows me to generate private key for each coin but stored all in one software. It woyld be safer since its more organize, and the best thing About it is that, I can have tge private key in a encrypted file having in different time like qr code. The wallet is called Hodler wallet, this is the only open source multiwallet available. It is best to consider that yiu hokd the private key NAD not being entrusted in third party like exchanges or closed source wallet.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: