Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 11:14:47 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Safety of your private key  (Read 17665 times)
Karlblaise1

Activity: 131
Merit: 2

WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN

View Profile
November 08, 2018, 11:06:26 PM

There are two modes of private key storage;

- Hot storage; which is online

Having your wallet details installed in online wallets like Metamask is ok, but for those who's wallets is of much value; i'd advice that they imbibe cold storage of their coin as you never know when a cyber hacker that has been spending months in an attempt to hack into the site will succeed.  Grin

Already, some people has given good ideas on how to personally keep your private keys to yourself and not share them with anyone. I think i'll go with that idea. Grin

WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN
https://wppenergy.io

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
DR_Vladislav

Activity: 152
Merit: 7

View Profile
November 08, 2018, 11:37:20 PM

Safe your private key in an offline file and have a printed copy of it.
adekogbe

Activity: 854
Merit: 21

View Profile WWW
November 08, 2018, 11:56:56 PM

Private keys are the most important thing for any crypto investor because, once they are lost, the cryptos in the wallet can never be gotten back, so in my opinion the best way to store private keys is in a cold storage, offline and safe from damage.
I prefer duct tags which cannot be burnt in a fire or damage in a case of flood.

Jigsawman082076

Activity: 247
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 09, 2018, 12:00:57 AM

Yes I do really keep in my mind always the safety of my private key every time I create my personal ETH wallet because the moment I will lost it I am really sure that it would be near impossible to retrieve it so usually I save my private key in my USB being archived first and with password so no one could really open it except me.
dini mulyani

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 09, 2018, 12:15:24 AM

only our personal key security knows that don't let other people know it, as much as possible we have to protect our wallet keys,
chikading2016

Activity: 949
Merit: 48

View Profile
November 09, 2018, 12:29:07 AM

Private key is really the most important thing in crypro. We really needbti store it i  a verry safe place because all our asset will be lost of private key is lost. I believe that we all know about this things. We maybe didn't want to loss so we need to take good care of our assets by protecting or maybe storing our private key in a very safe place.

Menawi12

Activity: 700

View Profile
November 09, 2018, 01:01:52 AM

Well your wallet is where you keep your coin safe and it always important to protect it
 One of the best way is to protect your private key never give it out to any one even if it's your mentor that is very important
 This is for new guys like me

Private key is important thing to access our wallet. Better keep it in safe place and never share it to anyone. Many cases peoples wallet accessed and their coin gone because they can not secure their private key. If we want to secure more our wallet, buying hard wallet is good option

───[  Blue0x | Network  ]───
─────────────[  Decentralizing Global Finance  ]─────────────
─────────────[  TWITTER    |    DISCORD    |    TELEGRAM  ]─────────────
rricksu

Activity: 182
Merit: 2

View Profile
November 09, 2018, 01:05:48 AM

Well your wallet is where you keep your coin safe and it always important to protect it
 One of the best way is to protect your private key never give it out to any one even if it's your mentor that is very important

You can also try some different ways of logging in into your wallet. In myetherwallet, there is a feature where you can login offline, and also through the use of JSON file, just upload the file and enter a password, through this, you can log in without the need of your private key.

✦ ───    OATHs.io  ─── ✦
▌▐ ────  BLOCKCHAIN DISPUTE RESOLUTION & GOVERNANCE PROTOCOL  ──── ▌▐
faceoff97

Activity: 644
Merit: 113

View Profile
November 09, 2018, 05:26:41 AM

You can also try some different ways of logging in into your wallet. In myetherwallet, there is a feature where you can login offline, and also through the use of JSON file, just upload the file and enter a password, through this, you can log in without the need of your private key.
My kind of wallet I am using allows me to log in using QR code which is more easier. That is just one way of logging and I find it easier. One thing I like about how this qr code is that it is packed in a encrypted archived folder so no one coyld have access to it even malware. Find HODLER wallet and see for your self their secure backup called HSB, this feature gives importance on how to properly keep tge private key.
ameliana

Activity: 887
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 09, 2018, 07:13:19 AM

Private key is really the most important thing in crypro. We really needbti store it i  a verry safe place because all our asset will be lost of private key is lost. I believe that we all know about this things. We maybe didn't want to loss so we need to take good care of our assets by protecting or maybe storing our private key in a very safe place.
In addition to storing it in a safe place, we must also be aware of hacking through sites or anything that can be accessed through our devices because there are many hacking cases that occur through these things.
then if you save your private key on your device, then you also have to spread it on external storage so that if your device is damaged there is no loss of your private key.
clarkt

Activity: 658

View Profile
November 09, 2018, 07:19:35 AM

Safety of your private key should be your first consideration and priority everytime you are on the internet or you engage in cryptocurrency activities.  The moment you make mistake of unnecessary exposure of your private key,  then your funds is gone.  Your device is your number one means by which your private key could be stolen,  take care of it and make sure is free of viruses!

Litzki1990

Activity: 1204
Merit: 296

View Profile WWW
January 25, 2019, 11:28:58 AM

i'm hiding on my server =) it may sound funny, but it's safer this way. I'm hosting too many erc20 coins
I invest a lot of altcoin and most of all my altcoin are stored there, and I also thought this way, But I decided not to do that. I created a folder and installed a password for it, and protected my computer from malware. And so I'm almost completely safe
Im doing that also to put some of our private keys on my computer but ill think it was not safe, So must better to put some password or transfer in any device so that it be safe always.

Duelbits
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
///  PLAY FOR FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
█████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
█████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
PLAY NOW
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
█████
andika2018

Activity: 700

View Profile
January 25, 2019, 12:08:57 PM

Its true that we should not share our private key to others people. Beside securing our private key, we should aware with suspicious link that sent to our email. When we visiting a website, we shoud always check web certificate and its much better if we not using public wifi
Altryist
Legendary

Activity: 2072
Merit: 1300

View Profile
January 25, 2019, 12:18:07 PM

This is understandable, but if such a case happens when a hacker hacks the server and gets access to your wallet? the case has already been and no one is immune from this, so besides the copy of the keys, you also need to follow the news about what happens to the wallet itself.

.DuelbitsSPORTS.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████
▀▀███████████████████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄██
███▄█▀▄▄▀███▄█████
█████████████▀▀▀██
██▀ ▀██████████████████
███▄███████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER OF
ASTON VILLA FC
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
10%   CASHBACK   
          100%   MULTICHARGER   
trash321

Activity: 602

View Profile
January 25, 2019, 12:24:20 PM

I think that the safest place today is a paper notebook, because it is he who can help today. Because everything else may simply not help. I think so and this is just my opinion. Maybe there are other options?
Insomnia family

Activity: 868

View Profile
January 25, 2019, 12:32:49 PM

yes of course our wallets must be properly guarded and not do stupid things by giving private keys to others, whatever it is, never send private keys to anyone if your pocket doesn't want to be empty. carefully save assets because all controls are in your own hands

Swap, Earn, Bridge, Mint Crypto & NFT in Multiple Chains
▬▬▬▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬ ▬▬▬ ▬▬ ▬     ❶ ❷ ❸ s w a p     ▬ ▬▬ ▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬▬▬
[   M V P   L I V E   ]   -   9 Blockchains Integrated Already
poktur

Activity: 238
Merit: 1

GIGZI - INDEPENDENT WEALTH MANAGEMENT

View Profile
January 25, 2019, 12:34:37 PM

To reduce the risk of a key falling into the wrong hands, I keep my keys on removable media!

GIGZI - INDEPENDENT WEALTH MANAGEMENT
www.gigzi.com
gabmen

Activity: 1246
Merit: 529

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
January 25, 2019, 01:25:45 PM

This is understandable, but if such a case happens when a hacker hacks the server and gets access to your wallet? the case has already been and no one is immune from this, so besides the copy of the keys, you also need to follow the news about what happens to the wallet itself.

Any online wallet is prone to hacks so if you want the safest, get yourself a hardwallet. Though when it comes to private keys, you also have to be careful in handling your hardwallet keys. It'll be harder to retrieve your coins in a hard wallet if you lost your keys there.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit AirDrop $.|.Get 700 YoDollars for Free!.🏆
Report to moderator 

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       ..███████████████████████████████
Guryon_master

Activity: 384
Merit: 12

Student Coin

View Profile
January 25, 2019, 01:30:28 PM

You have point on this mate but another thing if you want to keep your wallet really safe you should not trust in copy pasting. If you do, make sure not to copy the whole numbers, atleast copy your private key incompletely and type the missing one after pasting. Through this you can keep your wallet safe from hackers.

► StudentCoin◄ ♦ Platform to create personal, DeFi and NFT Tokens ♦ ► StudentCoin◄
───●✦●───●✦●───●✦●───●✦●───●✦●─[   Bounty Detective   ]─●✦●───●✦●───●✦●───●✦●───●✦●───
Website◂ | ▸Twitter◂ | ▸Facebook◂ | ▸LinkedIn◂ | ▸Telegram◂ | ▸Reddit◂ | ▸Instagram◂[/center
stefany101

Activity: 616
Merit: 103

A Blockchain Mobile Operator With Token Rewards

View Profile
January 25, 2019, 01:45:35 PM

There are too much of hacker or scammers here in crypto industry where they create some fake forms, fake referral links, or even fake exchange's sites, just to get the private keys of the users or people who signed in their wallet/s on those fake sites. It is better to check first the URL , if it is secure before proceeding in.

M!R△CLE TELE     BRINGING MAGIC TO THE TELECOM INDUSTRY     JOIN US NOW!
▐▐   40% Biweekly Rewards     ▬▬▬   Calls at €0.2   ▬▬▬     Traffic from €0.01 worldwide   ▌▌
▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN  Lightpaper  Bounty  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram   ▬▬▬▬▬▬
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: