Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 08:50:20 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Are Bounty Hunters also considered Investors?  (Read 471 times)
happietappy (OP)

Activity: 37
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 21, 2018, 06:26:53 PM
Last edit: September 21, 2018, 07:12:23 PM by happietappy

I normally see some crypto projects which promise Investors certain amount of dividend depending on how much coin/token they own.

The word "Investors" is normally used for people who own shares of a particular project/company, but in cryptocurrency this "shares" normally refers to coins/tokens, which makes me wonder if bounty/airdrop hunters are also considered "Investors" since they hold certain quantity of these coins/token
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
kindbtc

Activity: 1008
Merit: 12

SAPG Pre-Sale Live on Uniswap!

View Profile
September 21, 2018, 06:30:50 PM

I do not think that the investors or the ico team thinks that way but definitely as they invest their time and work to market the ico we can safely say that they are vital part of a successful project not only that they also become community and keep supporting the project even after ico.

Swaap | Nova Bank
----------------------------------------------
[ GET | ACCEPT | EXCHANGE | WALLETS ]
kevoh

Activity: 448
Merit: 110

View Profile
September 21, 2018, 06:58:06 PM

Far from it, on a scale of 1 to 10 as investors, I will give them a two. The Bounty/airdrop hunters make up the group of people who dump their tokens at ridiculous low prices the moment a coin/token hits an exchange. Majority of them, have zero idea of the roadmap of the coin and hardly read the whitepaper.
happietappy (OP)

View Profile
September 21, 2018, 07:14:45 PM

I do not think that the investors or the ico team thinks that way but definitely as they invest their time and work to market the ico we can safely say that they are vital part of a successful project not only that they also become community and keep supporting the project even after ico.
So are you basically suggesting that investors in the eyes of the ICO team are people that make monetary contributions​?
sladkoejka

Activity: 84
Merit: 3

Alfa-Enzo: Introducing the First Global Smartmarke

View Profile
September 21, 2018, 07:20:32 PM

I agree with you, hunters invest their time, work, knowledge and also money to maintain their computer. but often the admins of the project consider hunters simply a herd and not equal investors.

╭═══════ ALFA \▼/ ENZO ═══════╮
│    $3M PRIVATE SALE COMPLETED    │
╰════ https://www.alfaenzo.io ════╯
mostkey

Activity: 742
Merit: 253

View Profile
September 21, 2018, 07:23:37 PM

Far from it, on a scale of 1 to 10 as investors, I will give them a two. The Bounty/airdrop hunters make up the group of people who dump their tokens at ridiculous low prices the moment a coin/token hits an exchange. Majority of them, have zero idea of the roadmap of the coin and hardly read the whitepaper.

It is true that I agree, investors are someone who holds the coins they buy for their future investments at prices that are very different from the bounty hunters, they are someone who tries to promote the ICO project to become famous in the future and get paid in his business for free , and they always throw away the coins they have after releasing to the market at a low price, how many people follow the campaign and they sell simultaneously, automatically those who invest are actually hampered by what happened, I don't like ICO because it is a dump, I hope everyone is smarter in utilizing what they get, because if it's good, it will be very profitable in the future.
happietappy (OP)

View Profile
September 21, 2018, 07:27:38 PM

While it's true that majority of bounty hunters dump their tokens almost instantly, i will love to defend with the following points
1. These bounty hunters served ICO for months without any form of monetary reward, they probably pay for brandwidth and other necessity with their personal money, so they might be broke by the time such ICO coin/token hit exchanges and will want to make "quick money"
2. Some projects lack value/proper planning and bounty hunters don't care. They will rather dump and move on than to hold on to gems which gradually turns to stone Wink
happietappy (OP)

View Profile
September 21, 2018, 07:37:15 PM

It is true that I agree, investors are someone who holds the coins they buy for their future investments at prices that are very different from the bounty hunters, they are someone who tries to promote the ICO project to become famous in the future and get paid in his business for free , and they always throw away the coins they have after releasing to the market at a low price, how many people follow the campaign and they sell simultaneously, automatically those who invest are actually hampered by what happened, I don't like ICO because it is a dump, I hope everyone is smarter in utilizing what they get, because if it's good, it will be very profitable in the future.
While i reason greatly to your point... I don't really think all ICO are a dump. Although dumping might happen but with proper planning, the project might recover. Moreover i don't know of a better effective way that crypto projects can raise fund other than ICO.
tepyh

Activity: 210
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 21, 2018, 07:38:36 PM

No . often people in their stupidity and greed, on the contrary, kill the price of the coin that they were given as a reward.

❉❉❉ Migranet ❉❉❉[MIGRATION  。SIMPLIFIED]
▐| Global immigrationpowered by AI & blockchain |▌
TELEGRAMTWITTERFACEBOOKYOUTUBEINSTREAGRAM
happietappy (OP)

View Profile
September 21, 2018, 08:12:33 PM

No . often people in their stupidity and greed, on the contrary, kill the price of the coin that they were given as a reward.

Lol! this got me laughing, am guessing that you don't participate in bounties right?
Sixson

Activity: 29
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 21, 2018, 08:16:39 PM

Bounty hunters investing time to promote those projects.But still they can´t be investors,they are supporters at least
MainIbem

Activity: 1344
Merit: 386

#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE

View Profile
September 21, 2018, 08:26:00 PM

It is those that bought the coin or token that are referred to as investors. If you check at the token distribution chart, you will notice that the tokens giving to bounty hunters are part of the marketing. So hunters are not investors although they hold the tokens which is the same as those bought by the investors.

.SWG.io.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄

▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄

▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█

``█████████████████▄▄
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄
````````````````````▀██▄
```▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄███
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄```▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``````````````````▄██▀
```````````████████████▄
````````````````````▀▀███
`````````▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄████
```▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
`▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀████
```````````````````▄▄████
``▀▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████
██``███████████████▀▀

FIRST LISTING
CONFIRMED

89shaky

Activity: 266
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 21, 2018, 08:31:30 PM

I normally see some crypto projects which promise Investors certain amount of dividend depending on how much coin/token they own.

The word "Investors" is normally used for people who own shares of a particular project/company, but in cryptocurrency this "shares" normally refers to coins/tokens, which makes me wonder if bounty/airdrop hunters are also considered "Investors" since they hold certain quantity of these coins/token
No, these are different things. Bounty hunters are people who earn crypto currency, performing certain tasks, and investors are people who buy crypto currency, investing in it real money
happietappy (OP)

View Profile
September 21, 2018, 08:43:34 PM

Bounty hunters investing time to promote those projects.But still they can´t be investors,they are supporters at least
I think i will choose to call them marketers Smiley

It is those that bought the coin or token that are referred to as investors. If you check at the token distribution chart, you will notice that the tokens giving to bounty hunters are part of the marketing. So hunters are not investors although they hold the tokens which is the same as those bought by the investors.

Thanks for the detailed analysis, so bounty Hunters are just marketers Smiley

No, these are different things. Bounty hunters are people who earn crypto currency, performing certain tasks, and investors are people who buy crypto currency, investing in it real money
Noted! am sure a project can't​ exist without it investors but can it exist without bounty Hunters (marketers) Smiley
CryptoAlphaStar

Activity: 574
Merit: 101

View Profile
September 21, 2018, 08:46:02 PM

I don't think they are recognized as investors by anyone. But for regulatory purposes they are required to pass KYC sometimes in order to receive the tokens by the ICOs that want to be more strict with the rules.
Silberman
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1334

View Profile
September 21, 2018, 08:58:28 PM

If we see it from that perspective bounty hunters that keep their coins are in fact investors, which is why in those projects that ask for you to confirm your identity, not only the investors need to go through this process but bounty hunters as well, and it makes sense because they are getting a part of the coin and of the possible dividends, if any, the difference is that investors put money into the project while bounty hunters put their effort and time.
happietappy (OP)

View Profile
September 21, 2018, 09:59:07 PM

I don't think they are recognized as investors by anyone. But for regulatory purposes they are required to pass KYC sometimes in order to receive the tokens by the ICOs that want to be more strict with the rules.
While it's true that some projects requires bounty Hunters to complete kyc, some don't (only investors are allowed). I guess some ICOs don't consider bounty Hunters as "Investors" regardless of the amount of the and effort they invested.

If we see it from that perspective bounty hunters that keep their coins are in fact investors, which is why in those projects that ask for you to confirm your identity, not only the investors need to go through this process but bounty hunters as well, and it makes sense because they are getting a part of the coin and of the possible dividends, if any, the difference is that investors put money into the project while bounty hunters put their effort and time.
Nice to see someone else that sees it this way...
I just keep wondering how some ICOs will differentiate "Investors" and bounty hunters when it comes to time to issue dividend
Gurjasmeet
Copper Member

Activity: 196

View Profile
September 22, 2018, 06:03:21 AM

I think it's not considered as really investors but you can say they are called partial investors because they spend their time to reaserch gain good knowledge about bounty, hard working team etc.
bonji77

Activity: 406
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
September 22, 2018, 06:11:52 AM

I agree with this explanation, the bounty hunters can indeed be called investors because of their time and effort in advancing a project that is why bounty hunters can be called investors

KAMAGAMES
TelegramTwitterFacebook ●●●●●●BUY KAMAGAMES TOKENS●●●●●● Linked-InRedditMedium
▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀Join the growing community of players from around the world ▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
Klovezio

Activity: 350
Merit: 11

View Profile
September 22, 2018, 06:14:48 AM

Of course yes. In ordinary business, there is also the practice of paying for an advertising campaign with project shares. Blockchain projects in this respect are no different from real business.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6  All
  Print  

Jump to: