Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 08:39:14 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Are Bounty Hunters also considered Investors?  (Read 471 times)
Indrawan77

Activity: 1274
Merit: 516

View Profile
September 23, 2018, 06:09:10 AM

It can be said like that, bounty hunter will be paid using the coins, owning the coin means they are investor but unfortunately most of the bounty hunters will sell the coin after they saw the coin listed in exchanges, so some consider bounty hunters as investor some consider them as the workers that accept salary

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
lihongjing

Activity: 434
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 23, 2018, 06:26:31 AM

I normally see some crypto projects which promise Investors certain amount of dividend depending on how much coin/token they own.

The word "Investors" is normally used for people who own shares of a particular project/company, but in cryptocurrency this "shares" normally refers to coins/tokens, which makes me wonder if bounty/airdrop hunters are also considered "Investors" since they hold certain quantity of these coins/token
I think that the bounty hunter is not an investor in the strict sense. Because they don't spend money on tokens.
But on the other hand, they spend time on it. Their work is more like a practitioner than an investor.
xOdiumNostrumx

Activity: 1064
Merit: 101

View Profile
September 23, 2018, 06:48:36 AM

From a technical aspect probably, as they are the owners of a certain amount of currency. But not from the aspect of loyalty or longevity as most of them are in it just for the short term and not for the "right" reasons aka actually believing in the project.
senin

Activity: 938
Merit: 137

View Profile
September 23, 2018, 06:53:47 AM

I normally see some crypto projects which promise Investors certain amount of dividend depending on how much coin/token they own.

The word "Investors" is normally used for people who own shares of a particular project/company, but in cryptocurrency this "shares" normally refers to coins/tokens, which makes me wonder if bounty/airdrop hunters are also considered "Investors" since they hold certain quantity of these coins/token
I think that if bounty hunters have received their free tokens for participating in the promotion of a particular ICO project, they can not be considered an investor in this project, since they did not invest their funds in it. In my notion of investing, it means investing in a project, not just being a holder of shares or a crypto currency. Although bounty hunters may be investors at the same time, if they also buy tokens of this ICO project.
icemantaurus

Activity: 223
Merit: 11

View Profile
September 23, 2018, 07:04:28 AM

Probably not. Bounty hunter are people that administer their expertise in exchange for tokens, later on exchange into cryptocurrency then fiat. While investors put their hard earned money into ico projects. These two are so much different from each other.
CEOKEY

Activity: 462
Merit: 101

View Profile
September 23, 2018, 07:07:13 AM

The bounty hunters have invested their knowledge, time and effort in participating in reward campaigns. Sometimes, they may also be at risk. Therefore, bounty hunters are also considered investors.
paulspider

Activity: 270

View Profile
September 23, 2018, 07:08:43 AM

I do not see bounty hunter as investors. Hunters with the wild face and mind looking for correct bounties will never invest into any ico but will help to publicize so that they get some tokens they are due to.
goolesby

Activity: 574

Gistcoin

View Profile
September 23, 2018, 07:40:28 AM

I am a bounty hunter  and I think that I'm an investor. Why? I work for bounty campaigns to get the payment or rewards on tokens or coins. I spend my time to complete my job. But, the important thing is that I will invest my coin reward from bounty as trading or investment. So, I think that I can be also as an investor.

annicketucufaw

Activity: 378
Merit: 16

View Profile
September 23, 2018, 07:43:49 AM

For me YES! Even bounty hunters don't spend money on a project, they are still spending their time and effort for the welfare of the project. It is like your doing a job but the difference is you won't get paid via fiat, instead you will receive tokens. The sad part is, bounty hunters are taken for granted by these investors. We're not doing this for free. We are working hard to receive these tokens.

Eth address: 0x84da215D0558B308f9804a8b535e43b2f4f8056f
Ronin: ronin:8a9982982d41a808ab5fb7a23139a4164e0cb945
Geleve

Activity: 588
Merit: 104

View Profile
September 23, 2018, 08:06:18 PM

no not at all. bounty hunters are supporting the projects by advertising. however they dont spend any money for the project, they dont invest money for the project. but they spend their time so they get reward as tokens.
Victoo

Activity: 393
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 23, 2018, 08:08:42 PM

Bounty hunters can recognize good projects with bigger accuracy, but I do not think that they will often melt investors. Why to them to invest if they receive tokens as payment for the work.
Oltort

Activity: 130

View Profile
September 23, 2018, 08:10:15 PM

no not at all. bounty hunters are supporting the projects by advertising. however they dont spend any money for the project, they dont invest money for the project. but they spend their time so they get reward as tokens.
I am thinking the same because bounty hunters can become investors if they pay money to try to receive coins.
Question123

Activity: 1624
Merit: 267

View Profile
September 23, 2018, 08:13:36 PM

Investor means they invest their money to one project that is the meaning for me. Maybe they invest their time and their work to bounty and airdrop to convince the investors to invest to one project. But they some biunty hunter who also a really investors and spend their money to buy tokens.
Rati24

Activity: 462
Merit: 103

View Profile
September 23, 2018, 08:20:30 PM

Of course, any holder of tokens or coins can participate in the dividends of the company. Sometimes it is unhelpful to keep coins to the end, as usually the price falls by the time more than the dividend itself. It is better to deal with trading thereby increasing your capital and there already how lucky it will be given or not. The flow of coins is what the gold mountains promise, but they themselves do not represent themselves as nitches.
darkangel

Activity: 714
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 23, 2018, 08:28:26 PM

Bounty hunters can not be considered investors because they only engage in bounty hunting and seek profits for themselves. And they are willing to dumping it all when it's listed at the exchange, I find them more like saboteurs than investors.
gavikzal

Activity: 98

View Profile
September 23, 2018, 08:34:19 PM

Of course, bounty hunter are investors. Only instead of money they invest their time and effort. Also many of bounty hunters not only participate in bounty but also invest money in icos.

Conasse

Activity: 336
Merit: 5

Culotte Jaune Officielle

View Profile
September 23, 2018, 08:37:23 PM

Bounty hunter = Investor

No way. Bountry hunter are just some poor children trying to earn some bucks online sitting on a cybercafé with the whole family.
They're welcomed and not really the audience projects want

Bouffe ma chatte, pas la planète!
meejay

Activity: 630
Merit: 100

"Venture into Sports"

View Profile WWW
September 23, 2018, 08:44:54 PM

Hi there,

Bounty hunting is not different than investing. You are investing your time, which is the most valuable asset of anyone exist. I participate in bounties so I am an investor of my time, therefore, I invest in bounties whom I think would have a successful future and the team is capable to deliver their promises. Bounty hunters shall perform due diligence before investing.

Kind regards,

Surge_Dev

Activity: 266

View Profile
September 23, 2018, 08:46:23 PM

I think that it is not the best option to choose if you have a family and need to support it. better have the job you can rely on and trade as the additional source of income which you will have to be on the safe side
Accts4u2

Activity: 350
Merit: 11

View Profile
September 24, 2018, 04:52:19 AM

Yes they are, if you are holding any of the coins of a project that makes you an investor in it. You do not have to put in money into a project for you to be considered an investor. You just have to put in your time and effort when it comes to bounty and that is a good an investment as putting money into it, so year bounty hunters are investors too.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: