Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 03:10:39 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Stop Creating Coins that have no Developer behind it  (Read 1363 times)
dailyarsenal (OP)

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

To The Moon!

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 08:13:21 AM

Why do people keep making coins that are just clones of crappy developed coins. If you do not have a crypto currency dev that will maintain it then just don't create it. They only hurt the community. People spend lots of $ investing in coins that just end up broken and leaving people hanging while the value of their investment plummets. I know everyone here knows or has experiences a situation such as this. Hobonickels is seriously the only coin that i can trust these days. Thanks to Tranz whom is a brilliant dev and is always working on making this coin better. Maybe all you other fucktards who just clone coins can learn something from him.

-my 2 pennies.

BTC: 13Yg1PwgBFTxyKpGY3393jDJeqNTFNijjH | HOBO: hXzbM3jzvYxrFts7y9zTwmLUJLyw2RYQM | WARNING: Pre-mine or IPO without escrow = SCAM

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
HCLivess
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1090

=== NODE IS OK! ==

View Profile WWW
March 06, 2014, 08:20:09 AM

I am not sure about your assumption. I think that the scam coins are mainly released by only a handful of developers who keep creating new user accounts. So these are real developers in fact. It is not as easy not to fail launch as you may think.

dailyarsenal (OP)

To The Moon!

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 08:26:34 AM

I am not sure about your assumption. I think that the scam coins are mainly released by only a handful of developers who keep creating new user accounts. So these are real developers in fact. It is not as easy not to fail launch as you may think.

i don't mean a failed launch. I understand that can occur even with the best devs. I'm talking about coins that get abandoned by the devs or dumbasses that just use a bullshit site like coingen to copy a coin that already is flawed. I know ReddCoin has a current bug and no dev to fix it yet. Ironically this occurs right when the value of the coin has jumped. Now people cannot sell to make a profit because their wallets won't sync. This is just 1 of many examples.

BTC: 13Yg1PwgBFTxyKpGY3393jDJeqNTFNijjH | HOBO: hXzbM3jzvYxrFts7y9zTwmLUJLyw2RYQM | WARNING: Pre-mine or IPO without escrow = SCAM
jonnysomething

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 08:27:49 AM

I'm trying to put together a team to create a real project, and some dick keeps arguing that I should just release my idea and let the community do it.

I don't understand that logic, because there a ton of assholes out there waiting to make pump and dumps.

Anyone interested in being a part of a REAL team with a REAL idea, please message me with what skills you bring to the table.

Canadian and US residents preferred, as I would like to be able to have a face to face interactions at some point, but all are welcome to contact.
markm
Legendary

Activity: 2940

View Profile WWW
March 06, 2014, 08:35:11 AM

I'm trying to put together a team to create a real project, and some dick keeps arguing that I should just release my idea and let the community do it.

I don't understand that logic, because there a ton of assholes out there waiting to make pump and dumps.

Anyone interested in being a part of a REAL team with a REAL idea, please message me with what skills you bring to the table.

Canadian and US residents preferred, as I would like to be able to have a face to face interactions at some point, but all are welcome to contact.

Plenty of dicks have ideas. If all you are bringing to the table are ideas maybe you should get a day job and save up some capital so you can bring something actually useful (capital) to the table...

-MarkM-

Browser-launched Crossfire client now online (select CrossCiv server for Galactic  Milieu)
Free website hosting with PHP, MySQL etc: http://hosting.knotwork.com/
Buffalosol

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 08:40:30 AM

I'm interested and have a few other people in a group interested as well. Our problems seem to be similar though, no dev!!! We also have a strong idea, lot of value brought to the table, and no alternative motives. I saw your post earlier and of course you don't want to share with the "community" right away. The guy that was talking to you was acting like this community would just adopt your idea and help you make it you own. What he failed to say was this is the same community that is filled with overwhelming greed and scams. I don't blame you, I would like to chat though. I am out in Seattle right now. We bring a lot of experience in a couple big markets though. Growth Hacking, Affiliate Marketing, Lean Marketing, Social Development, etc. We have a huge social following that we can market to and are just looking for the right Dev. I think at the very least we should look into brainstorming.

dailyarsenal (OP)

To The Moon!

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 08:43:34 AM

I'm interested and have a few other people in a group interested as well. Our problems seem to be similar though, no dev!!! We also have a strong idea, lot of value brought to the table, and no alternative motives. I saw your post earlier and of course you don't want to share with the "community" right away. The guy that was talking to you was acting like this community would just adopt your idea and help you make it you own. What he failed to say was this is the same community that is filled with overwhelming greed and scams. I don't blame you, I would like to chat though. I am out in Seattle right now. We bring a lot of experience in a couple big markets though. Growth Hacking, Affiliate Marketing, Lean Marketing, Social Development, etc. We have a huge social following that we can market to and are just looking for the right Dev. I think at the very least we should look into brainstorming.

Are you f'ing kidding me.

dailyarsenal (OP)

To The Moon!

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 08:44:11 AM

Here's an idea for your coin. DO NOT CREATE IT. WE HAVE ENOUGH SHIT COINS

markm
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 06, 2014, 08:47:29 AM

If you have all that then you don't need a dev, you just need to pick wisely which coin - hopefully one that has a lot of really good devs - to market.

Basically a trade-off of the most and best devs versus the problem that the coin all the best devs are working on is probably worth quite a bit per coin already thus might be harder to multiply in value with your limited marketing resources.

So step down from the coin with the most and best devs and longest most successful history of fixing problems, step by step, until you find one that your limited abilities can actually hope to seriously improve the value of. That is to say, find the best devteam you can subject to the limitation of your ability to multiply the value of the coin(s) those devs are developing/maintaining/improving.

The good devs are already hard at work, it is maybe you marketers who are goofing off, running around trying to distract devs or lure crappy devs into stupid hairbrained ideas instead of settling down to the real work of actually marketing what real devs have already developed and are continuing to develop/maintain/improve.

-MarkM-

Browser-launched Crossfire client now online (select CrossCiv server for Galactic  Milieu)
Buffalosol

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 08:48:17 AM

Plenty of dicks have ideas. If all you are bringing to the table are ideas maybe you should get a day job and save up some capital so you can bring something actually useful (capital) to the table...

-MarkM-

BS Man, really? Capital is all it takes huh? Yeah, capital, that's what it took for most of these coins like Dogecoin, yea that took a lot of capital..... You really think all it takes is capital? Yeah Money talks but not nearly as much as you think.
XbladeX
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1002

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 08:48:41 AM

Guys this is just make new coin + premine.... exchange sell then repeat > profit ? why ming just create crap coin and go.
No premine it have at least some potential

Request / 26th September / 2022 APP-06-22-4587
markm
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 06, 2014, 08:50:31 AM
Last edit: March 06, 2014, 09:02:23 AM by markm

-MarkM-

BS Man, really? Capital is all it takes huh? Yeah, capital, that's what it took for most of these coins like Dogecoin, yea that took a lot of capital..... You really think all it takes is capital? Yeah Money talks but not nearly as much as you think.

It is not ALL it takes, but it beats dickhead ideas every time.

IF you ONLY have so called "ideas", like pretty much all dicks do, then go get something else to bring to the table, as we are all drowning in dicks' ideas already.

The dick I was responding to has only ideas it seems, no mention of salaries to pay developers, nor of hundreds of thousands of responsive people on their mailing lists, dick all other than dickhead ideas...

Heck even dickhead graphic-designers at least have huge portfolios of pre-made "creative" (ads, banners, and so on and so on and so on), not just "ideas"...

And marketers have vast mailing-lists, so can easily fill whole new mailing lists of "waiting list customers" responding to their ads gettign on a mailing list to be informed as soon as the exciting new product is ready.

The graphic designer types can follow the market type approach since if their graphics are good the capture pages they design to capure people onto their waiting lists / interested customer lists should work well - and if not maybe the graphics are not actually as compelling as they think.

Same for an awesome names. If it is compelling using it on capture pages should result in vast mailing lists of people interested in details of how to buy the product.

Heck if a name is truly awesome just the fact that you own the dot com, dot org, dot net, and dozens of national and subject-targeted domains can pretty much sew up the trademark so anyone wanting to use it is gonna have to come to you. So even just bringing a few dozen of the specific domains the name evokes is something good that anyone can easily bring to the table if their "idea" is really their idea not one domain investors already thought of and bought up waiting for someone to come up with a website worth putting on the domains.

Ideas are garbage. Mailing lists full of people eager to buy an actual product the idea relates to are much better, as are actual white-papers and code, or even just competitive hourly or salary pay rates to hire programmers/developers...

-MarkM-

Buffalosol

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 09:02:23 AM

If you have all that then you don't need a dev, you just need to pick wisely which coin - hopefully one that has a lot of really good devs - to market.

Basically a trade-off of the most and best devs versus the problem that the coin all the best devs are working on is probably worth quite a bit per coin already thus might be harder to multiply in value with your limited marketing resources.

So step down from the coin with the most and best devs and longest most successful history of fixing problems, step by step, until you find one that your limited abilities can actually hope to seriously improve the value of. That is to say, find the best devteam you can subject to the limitation of your ability to multiply the value of the coin(s) those devs are developing/maintaining/improving.

The good devs are already hard at work, it is maybe you marketers who are goofing off, running around trying to distract devs or lure crappy devs into stupid hairbrained ideas instead of settling down to the real work of actually marketing what real devs have already developed and are continuing to develop/maintain/improve.

-MarkM-

Yeah the problem with that is these devs aren't reasonable if they want our value we need to work together. If we build from scratch we will have most likely the same vested interest in the project. We can trust each other more, we can decide on a vision before releasing the coin. I feel like the most value I add comes from creative marketing and without the kind of trust that comes from knowing someone personally or being on the same page from the start, I feel like I am limited. I don't want to put out a half ass product. I know a a little bit about marketing and I can't just shove a crypto currency in my users face and be like here buy into this shit. It won't work. I've tried to talk to a couple devs, and a couple teams just nothing came of it. I kind of like the NobleCoin team and Vert team just didn't fruition. Most devs I run into think there coin/idea will sell itself, good luck. Marketing isn't magic it's planned execution. I am not guaranteeing anything obviously but I know the value I have and I am not looking to waste it on something I don't think is worth it.
markm
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 06, 2014, 09:04:47 AM

Yeah the problem with that is these devs aren't reasonable if they want our value we need to work together. If we build from scratch we will have most likely the same vested interest in the project. We can trust each other more, we can decide on a vision before releasing the coin. I feel like the most value I add comes from creative marketing and without the kind of trust that comes from knowing someone personally or being on the same page from the start, I feel like I am limited. I don't want to put out a half ass product. I know a a little bit about marketing and I can't just shove a crypto currency in my users face and be like here buy into this shit. It won't work. I've tried to talk to a couple devs, and a couple teams just nothing came of it. I kind of like the NobleCoin team and Vert team just didn't fruition. Most devs I run into think there coin/idea will sell itself, good luck. Marketing isn't magic it's planned execution. I am not guaranteeing anything obviously but I know the value I have and I am not looking to waste it on something I don't think is worth it.

Well if bitcoins aren't worth it you might as well quit. Especially with them being still crazy low in price right now which makes now a great time to buy in and start marketing them.

You'll almost certainly get at least a doubling of value free, even if your own marketing efforts are worthless. But if you are a great marketer surely you can far more than double their value?

-MarkM-

Buffalosol

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 09:15:24 AM

-MarkM-

It is not ALL it takes, but it beats dickhead ideas every time.

IF you ONLY have so called "ideas", like pretty much all dicks do, then go get something else to bring to the table, as we are all drowning in dicks' ideas already.

The dick I was responding to has only ideas it seems, no mention of salaries to pay developers, nor of hundreds of thousands of responsive people on their mailing lists, dick all other than dickhead ideas...

Heck even dickhead graphic-designers at least have huge portfolios of pre-made "creative" (ads, banners, and so on and so on and so on), not just "ideas"...

And marketers have vast mailing-lists, so can easily fill whole new mailing lists of "waiting list customers" responding to their ads gettign on a mailing list to be informed as soon as the exciting new product is ready.

The graphic designer types can follow the market type approach since if their graphics are good the capture pages they design to capure people onto their waiting lists / interested customer lists should work well - and if not maybe the graphics are not actually as compelling as they think.

Same for an awesome names. If it is compelling using it on capture pages should result in vast mailing lists of people interested in details of how to buy the product.

Heck if a name is truly awesome just the fact that you own the dot com, dot org, dot net, and dozens of national and subject-targeted domains can pretty much sew up the trademark so anyone wanting to use it is gonna have to come to you. So even just bringing a few dozen of the specific domains the name evokes is something good that anyone can easily bring to the table if their "idea" is really their idea not one domain investors already thought of and bought up waiting for someone to come up with a website worth putting on the domains.

Ideas are garbage. Mailing lists full of people eager to buy an actual product the idea relates to are much better, as are actual white-papers and code, or even just competitive hourly or salary pay rates to hire programmers/developers...

-MarkM-

Do you notice how you said devs need a salary but no one else does? What about others that bring value to the table?
I'm just saying if you have studied Psychology at all, you know that people sometimes motivated differently for the same goal. Mine is Entrepreneurship I love to build things ground up with a team that is just as devoted as me.

Yea you need more than idea or you do need some capital I agree with you. I am just unsure if this guy doesn't have something of value, he says he does, honestly I want to hear it to. But I don't blame him for protecting his asset(his idea) on this forum.
HCLivess
Legendary

Activity: 2114

=== NODE IS OK! ==

View Profile WWW
March 06, 2014, 09:17:19 AM

What can I say to that?
As long as people buy, someone will sell. If you are smart, you can use this to your advantage.

markm
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 06, 2014, 09:19:15 AM
Merited by Vlad2Vlad (3)

I didn't say no-one else does.

Basically who-ever it is that you are not / do not have needs salary. Whatever you yourself are - the founder - doesn't need a salary because they are the idea person whose idea is so great in their own eyes that they are willing to take a year or few living on Ramen sleeping under bridges to spare every penny they have to hire who-ever they need to do the parts they cannot do themselves...

Or if they do need a salary, they get a job, and work on their idea the other 16 hours of each day except the days they collapse a few hours into sleep.

-MarkM-

Buffalosol

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 09:23:53 AM

Well if bitcoins aren't worth it you might as well quit. Especially with them being still crazy low in price right now which makes now a great time to buy in and start marketing them.

You'll almost certainly get at least a doubling of value free, even if your own marketing efforts are worthless. But if you are a great marketer surely you can far more than double their value?

-MarkM-

MarkM.... Is money everything for you??? I doubt it. I realize what I could do but, I like innovation and building something from scratch.
Money will come but I am way more interested in having just a chance at starting something from scratch that could change the world.
Is it to much to ask? I mean I know there is some good people looking to do more with there life than make 250k quick. Just want something more than making good money.  
markm
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 06, 2014, 09:28:03 AM

MarkM.... Is money everything for you??? I doubt it. I realize what I could do but, I like innovation and building something from scratch.
Money will come but I am way more interested in having just a chance at starting something from scratch that could change the world.
Is it to much to ask? I mean I know there is some good people looking to do more with there life than make 250k quick. Just want something more than making good money.  

Well if you want to start from scratch, don't start from blockchain based cryptocoins, because that is so far from scratch it is just garbage garbage garbage.

Do something totally from scratch for a coin that someone - so called Satoshi Nakamoto, apparently - did make from scratch.

A whole new service or application or something from scratch for the coin that was itself a from scratch coin...

Years ago people wanted me to make currencies for them, but as we keep seeing over and over again, blockchains are insanely expensive to secure, hardly any of them are anywhere close to secure. So I had them all move over to Open Transactions, a system I have for years been working on helping the guy who built it from scratch get it ready for "prime time" aka "for grandma"...

"From scratch" nowadays for blockchains means, basically, "starting with more computing power than everyone else on the planet all put together". So basically it means first lets design a new algorithm and an ASIC to do that algorithm, then build a world class datacentre full of such ASICs and fill Future Shop, The Source, Walmart and so on full of consumer miners, so on launch day we can turn on at least one huge datacentre per continent plus have that still be less hashing power than all the units the Walmarts etc have customers waiting all night for the midnight hour to buy...

-MarkM-

Buffalosol

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 09:35:53 AM

I didn't say no-one else does.

Basically who-ever it is that you are not / do not have needs salary. Whatever you yourself are - the founder - doesn't need a salary because they are the idea person whose idea is so great in their own eyes that they are willing to take a year or few living on Ramen sleeping under bridges to spare every penny they have to hire who-ever they need to do the parts they cannot do themselves...

Or if they do need a salary, they get a job, and work on their idea the other 16 hours of each day except the days they collapse a few hours into sleep.

-MarkM-

Yea I agree I'm interested in a hire but? I want someone motivated by something else, that wants to brainstorm and be actively involved in the growth of a coin. Is it to much to ask maybe?
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: