Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 04:07:00 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][ICO] 🔥🔥🔥 Knoks 🔥🔥🔥 A Dedicated Platform For Crypto Signals  (Read 622 times)
Knoks Representative (OP)
Copper Member

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 21, 2018, 11:59:32 PM
Last edit: September 22, 2018, 11:06:27 AM by Knoks Representative

Dedicated Platform For Crypto Signals

Primaryio

Activity: 14
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 22, 2018, 12:10:02 AM

When i click on your whitepaper link, it can't open, the link is broken, so that you just know.
Good luck with your project, it is an nice idea and helping tool.  Smiley Wink
5o5kY

Activity: 294

View Profile WWW
September 22, 2018, 04:03:46 AM

1. The whitepaper doesnt work from the link on the forum

2. Do you have any systems in place to avoid pump and dumps?

3. How is the system protecting the consumers from fake ratings... For example, let's say a guy convinces 1000 people to rate him with 5 starts and then starts to pump some random coin...

4. Are you interested in a Romanian translation? (I will send you my portofolio if it's the case).

Toqqn.com ● Crypto Mining Is Now Social
▬▬ ● ● Blockchain Based, Powered by People ● ● ▬▬ (https://toqqn.com)
Copper Member

View Profile
September 22, 2018, 08:18:42 AM

When i click on your whitepaper link, it can't open, the link is broken, so that you just know.
Good luck with your project, it is an nice idea and helping tool.  Smiley Wink

the WP link is working Smiley
thanks for the feedback and dont forget to signup to our beta program
Copper Member

View Profile
September 22, 2018, 08:41:58 AM

1. The whitepaper doesnt work from the link on the forum

2. Do you have any systems in place to avoid pump and dumps?

3. How is the system protecting the consumers from fake ratings... For example, let's say a guy convinces 1000 people to rate him with 5 starts and then starts to pump some random coin...

4. Are you interested in a Romanian translation? (I will send you my portofolio if it's the case).

Hi there and thank you for the questions. I'll answer them below:
1. WP link works

2. system to avoid p&d - yes. Currently we have 2 main measurements in place. The first one is a simple threshold for minimum daily volume.
While we recognize that this one is merely enough, we have designed our smart feedback mechanism. At the end of the signal, users will be able to rate the profitability of the trade they made based on the signal recommendations.
In case of P&D, we will recognize very fast that the signal was successful (that is touching the exit price within the duration stated) but high percentage of users indicated that they made less than stated in the signal or even lost money. That type of outcome can be easily recognized by Knoks and the signal provider flagged. If needed these signal providers can be blocked. For them it will make little sense to take that approach sense it took them a while to build their ranking and reputation. It would take several months for a good signal provider to reach higher rank (there are minimum published signals and success rate thresholds). After reaching higher rank it would make no sense to said signal provider to pump some random coin because then all their progress will be lost.

3. Our ranking system is transparent and everyone will be able to verify the ranks on the ethereum blockchain. There is a direct connection between the rank and the price of a signal. Keep in mind that users review is not the only parameter that affects the rank and the price of the signal. Another part is statistical objective data like success rate.
Our rate system is just like every other peers review system - it is based on the wisdom of the crowd. One can convince or pay 1000 users to rate him 5 stars, but over time these 1000 fake reviews will be weeded out by the masses.

4. Sure. Join our telegram and PM some of the admins for more details
5o5kY

View Profile WWW
September 22, 2018, 02:08:29 PM

I have to admit the solution for point 2 is ingenious. On the point 3 tho...

I guess the "statistical objective data" is represented by a set of automated rules (probably based on mathematics). Fair enough if so.

But:

One can convince or pay 1000 users to rate him 5 stars, but over time these 1000 fake reviews will be weeded out by the masses

I will keep on the same example with 1000 payed 5 star ratings. My concern is that someone who tries to cheat the systems aren't in it for the long run. I obviously didn't see how the platform performs and I can't know how many users will be on it, but considering this 1000 fake ratings, even if the platform gets a medium level of adoption (on which basically the competition is on a bigger scale) a 1000 5 star reviews gives the cheater an edge in power, which can be used until the system...demotes him (not to mention the huge impact it would have in a small scale adoption).

The solution implies a very big adoption as I understand, which is quite hard this days. Any solution to combat those who cheat in the early days of the project?

Copper Member

View Profile
September 22, 2018, 02:23:12 PM

I have to admit the solution for point 2 is ingenious. On the point 3 tho...

I guess the "statistical objective data" is represented by a set of automated rules (probably based on mathematics). Fair enough if so.

But:

One can convince or pay 1000 users to rate him 5 stars, but over time these 1000 fake reviews will be weeded out by the masses

I will keep on the same example with 1000 payed 5 star ratings. My concern is that someone who tries to cheat the systems aren't in it for the long run. I obviously didn't see how the platform performs and I can't know how many users will be on it, but considering this 1000 fake ratings, even if the platform gets a medium level of adoption (on which basically the competition is on a bigger scale) a 1000 5 star reviews gives the cheater an edge in power, which can be used until the system...demotes him (not to mention the huge impact it would have in a small scale adoption).

The solution implies a very big adoption as I understand, which is quite hard this days. Any solution to combat those who cheat in the early days of the project?

you bring some very good concerns about ranking and reputation. We had the same questions in mind when we designed these into Knoks platform. We try to look at ranking and reputation as two parameters and how they should affect the signal provider and their signals. One defines the min and max price for signal in a certain group (rank) while the other can affect where within that rank the price will be.
5o5kY

View Profile WWW
September 22, 2018, 02:35:26 PM

you bring some very good concerns about ranking and reputation. We had the same questions in mind when we designed these into Knoks platform. We try to look at ranking and reputation as two parameters and how they should affect the signal provider and their signals. One defines the min and max price for signal in a certain group (rank) while the other can affect where within that rank the price will be.

I will call the person who shares the signal an Oracle

The first idea that comes to mind is... what if... you add a third parameter, that measured the rate on which an Oracle receives ratings, that is basically hidden. We decrease the scale of the original example. This would work something like this:

The platform has 100 users when the Oracle joins. And after the first signal is provided by the Oracle, if 10 more people join the network, and those 10 new people give the Oracle, a 5 star rating on it's first signal, the system keep that Oracle in a database dedicated for red-flagged Oracles.

Obviously, this can't be implemented when the platform has only 20-30 users for obvious reasons.

The database keeps in store a total of, lets say, 3 red-flags. After the 3rd red flag, it's obviously an issue. This way, even if it's a pure coincidence that the first 5 people who joined immediately after the Oracle, this can't happened 3 times in a row.

Obviously, this implies a very strict emphasis on statistics, so the system doesn't automatically activate at any scale (especially in the beginning).

Again, the red flag database should be hidden, because the scammer should not know he is being watched... that would make him bail before he faces the consequences.

Copper Member

View Profile
September 22, 2018, 02:48:29 PM

I will call the person who shares the signal an Oracle

The first idea that comes to mind is... what if... you add a third parameter, that measured the rate on which an Oracle receives ratings, that is basically hidden. We decrease the scale of the original example. This would work something like this:

The platform has 100 users when the Oracle joins. And after the first signal is provided by the Oracle, if 10 more people join the network, and those 10 new people give the Oracle, a 5 star rating on it's first signal, the system keep that Oracle in a database dedicated for red-flagged Oracles.

Obviously, this can't be implemented when the platform has only 20-30 users for obvious reasons.

The database keeps in store a total of, lets say, 3 red-flags. After the 3rd red flag, it's obviously an issue. This way, even if it's a pure coincidence that the first 5 people who joined immediately after the Oracle, this can't happened 3 times in a row.

Obviously, this implies a very strict emphasis on statistics, so the system doesn't automatically activate at any scale (especially in the beginning).

Again, the red flag database should be hidden, because the scammer should not know he is being watched... that would make him bail before he faces the consequences.

Your idea is quite interesting. We had a lot of thoughts about that topic, and we were thinking to apply something similar and also a dynamic weight of the users feedback. Another flag is if users (especially new users) purchase signals only from one signal provider (we call them knoksers).
High level speaking, we have this general approach that the less we know about someone, the less weight they'll have. I am talking only about pure statistical data such as success rate, number of purchases, etc. So eventually, once we'll have enough users activity, we can start applying these models.
5o5kY

View Profile WWW
September 22, 2018, 02:56:18 PM

That's conforting, I will apply for Beta now  Grin

Copper Member

View Profile
September 25, 2018, 08:17:39 AM

That's conforting, I will apply for Beta now  Grin

that's great! If you have other questions or concerns - we are happy to hear them
tmp2

Activity: 31

View Profile
September 26, 2018, 01:37:00 PM

Looks like a very challenging and promising project, the community and the market is in need of such platform,
especially in the conditions of the current market

Will be watching closely.

Dalvinchi

Activity: 17

View Profile
September 26, 2018, 01:45:29 PM

Project looks good, applying for Beta. My concern is how to incentivize current signal providers to make the switch.
Copper Member

View Profile
September 26, 2018, 02:48:00 PM

Project looks good, applying for Beta. My concern is how to incentivize current signal providers to make the switch.

The way we see it - two main factors.
First is better and more clear business model that will compensate the good signal providers much more than the subscription model they are currently using.
Second is exposure to new audience. Current groups are either private, hard to find, or full with noise. This is a big barrier for new audience to enter the market and can be quite time consuming even for experienced traders.
We believe that for traders our platform and business model are much more attractive, and eventually people will want to have independent and transparent ranking system, personal alerts and much more.
As everything new, there is a suspicion, doubt and resistance from the existing audience at the beginning
starkovblue

Activity: 966
Merit: 270

View Profile
September 26, 2018, 02:59:04 PM

The project looks interesting on the schedule all you need to quickly understand and adjust everything you need if you want. About the team that makes the project there are big questions what kind of experience do they have?
And it is not clear even there is a search in Google this bad.
It is also not very clear at the expense of what you will attract those people who will give signals? Than it is similar to etoro which already all has shown all and has recommended itself as the leader.

Crypto is a very unique industry, where the line between "deserves to be in jail" and "leading member of the community" is as thin as one-ply toilet paper.
Copper Member

View Profile
September 26, 2018, 03:30:17 PM
Last edit: September 26, 2018, 04:20:05 PM by Knoks Representative

The project looks interesting on the schedule all you need to quickly understand and adjust everything you need if you want. About the team that makes the project there are big questions what kind of experience do they have?
And it is not clear even there is a search in Google this bad.
It is also not very clear at the expense of what you will attract those people who will give signals? Than it is similar to etoro which already all has shown all and has recommended itself as the leader.

Hello there. I just answered briefly about how we will attract the signal providers. Can elaborate on that more if you want.
Regarding etoro - there is a HUGE difference between us and etoro on every aspect - business philosophy, transparency, business model and many more. 3 main points in short:
first, etoro is both the market and the exchange which cares a huge conflict of interest.
Second, we believe that the copy-trading concept is not good approach for traders and in the long run it will cause them to loose money. Our philosophy is that a good trader is a smart trader, and that's is one of our main goals at Knoks.
Third, we don't earn more if our users loose.

Regarding the team and our experience - we have more than several years of relevant experience - each one in their field, but I don't want to brag about it - you can look us up in LinkedIn or contact us directly.
The fact is that in around 9 months we managed to built a working platform (from inception) that is already connected to 5 exchanges, has a working ranking and pricing algorithms in place and can handle all the business logic.
We will release pictures from our UI, or maybe even a short movie and you can see yourself  Smiley
mistergee

Activity: 47

View Profile WWW
September 27, 2018, 10:24:00 AM

Hmmm interesting. New people do seem to just follow someone signals as they dont have time to absorb the information themselves. I can see this working, will definitely keep an eye on this. One question though, do you plan to have a referral system so that people could bring their fellow traders and signal providers to the platform?
Copper Member

View Profile
September 27, 2018, 10:50:03 AM

Hmmm interesting. New people do seem to just follow someone signals as they dont have time to absorb the information themselves. I can see this working, will definitely keep an eye on this. One question though, do you plan to have a referral system so that people could bring their fellow traders and signal providers to the platform?

yes, we have referral program for several activities, or 'rewards for sharing activity' as we call it. From our WP:
1. Invite (sign-up) bonus
2. Feedback and participation bonus
3. Level up bonus - bonus when reaching a new rank, for both traders and signal providers
4. Follow up bonus - both signal providers and traders
5. Survey participation bonus - for traders. After a knok (signal) purchase or after a knok ends, traders will be prompted to answer a short survey. They will be awarded a bonus if they participate in the survey.

asensio22

Activity: 118

View Profile
September 28, 2018, 05:14:53 PM

yes, we have referral program for several activities, or 'rewards for sharing activity' as we call it. From our WP:
1. Invite (sign-up) bonus
2. Feedback and participation bonus
3. Level up bonus - bonus when reaching a new rank, for both traders and signal providers
4. Follow up bonus - both signal providers and traders
5. Survey participation bonus - for traders. After a knok (signal) purchase or after a knok ends, traders will be prompted to answer a short survey. They will be awarded a bonus if they participate in the survey.

Well thought, But one thing I have to be confirmed that how will you mitigate the risk factor regarding this issue? Is it possible to provide the proper information about the crypto market?

✅WHALES HEAVEN✅
Custody-free Swapping Platform
sergio red

Activity: 414
Merit: 107

View Profile
September 28, 2018, 05:21:30 PM

I think this project will face a lot of challenges in the aspect of becoming a credible platform, It's really a tough job to provide the actual signal on behalf of the crypto market. Because of the very uncertain and volatile platform, It's really a challenging matter for this project.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: