Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 12:01:46 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: HODL  (Read 828 times)
anatolij.shishkin
Copper Member

Activity: 995
Merit: 1

View Profile
October 19, 2018, 01:37:12 PM

It's very popular to see people selling off their Altcoins with such reckless abandon you begin to wonder if the word hodl ever comes to their mind,come to think of it,how much was bitcoin 8 years back,compare it to the price today,the gulf in price is astronomical..
  Most bounty hunters sell as soon as it hits their wallet,i think the hodl approach should be adopted even the more,you never know what the price of the Altcoin you're calling shit might be in few years time..
  This to me is a perfect trading strategy,hodl your alts and don't be in a haste to sell off

You must first find those coins that are really worth it. And to do this you need to conduct a detailed analysis of everything. No one will say that we should keep. What to keep how much to hold?

IgorShumilo

Activity: 518
Merit: 105

View Profile
October 19, 2018, 01:54:28 PM

If you say Hold for Altcoins, then your portfolio should consist of at least 5 to 10 coins, because otherwise, over time, you can lose everything, because projects that were promising today will turn out to be fraud in a year. Be careful and intelligently share your investment.
I consider the ideal scheme to keep 50 percent of our Bitcoin investments, 40 percent of Altcoins and the remaining 10 for trading!
rabinot

Activity: 154

View Profile
October 22, 2018, 11:03:28 PM

I also think that it is unnecessary to immediately sell the money to kotoyre you received for completing tasks in the Abugti campaign because they can bring you much more money in the future

⚫▶ BUILDERIUM.io Token Sale Starts ▶ July 23 th, 2018
mapsi

Activity: 141

The World’s First Blockchain Core

View Profile
October 22, 2018, 11:07:23 PM

In my opinion investing crypto with long term vision is the really important . And i think that is the most profitable way. But same time that is really risky. Because long term investment means 2 years or 3 years in crypto and in 2 years too many things can be change in crypto space. so that is really dangerous. we need to find best coins for holding 2 or 3 years but that is really hard.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄ ■       SKYNET.co       ■ ▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▐▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬     PRIVATE SALE is LIVE     ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▌
Herucooles

Activity: 555
Merit: 2

View Profile
October 22, 2018, 11:29:06 PM

HODL right for investors, for the long term have big capital. but someone who sells altcoins has their own reasons. there are some people who collect money from them for long-term investments. who knows... please don't judge.
auroboros

Activity: 588
Merit: 254

View Profile
October 22, 2018, 11:34:04 PM

HODL for today I think it's still not right, we can see the development of global cryptocurrencies prices are still in bearish, there is no meaningful movement except the price reduction that we can see every day. almost no one has experienced a significant price increase this month, I myself am a hunter I also HOLD some of the altcoins that I believe in, but for now trading techniques must be applied, HODL temporarily fails to sell and if the price drops dramatically then Buy back
Open4lies

Activity: 552
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 22, 2018, 11:36:06 PM

OMG, I just wasted my time to read your topic. LOL. You wrote only old thing which everyone already knew long time ago. You should know that HODL is the basic thing everyone should know before joining this world so why you still have to create a new topic to tell anyone about it? LOL. Maybe I can find out the reason from your red trust. Smiley)

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████▄▄
░░░░░░░░░▄▄░░░░░░░░░████████
░░░░░▄▄██████▄▄░░░░░███████████▄▄
░▄▄██████████████▄▄███████████████▄
░▀▀██████████████▀▀░░░▀▀████████████
██▄▄▀▀██████▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░▀▀████████
██████▄▄▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀███████
████████░░░░░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░▀▀███
████████░░░░░▄▄███████▄▄░░░░░███▄▄░░▀
████████░░░███████████████░░░███████▄
░░▀▀████░░░░░▀▀███████▀▀░░░░░████████
██▄▄░░▀▀░░░░░░░░░▀▀▀░░░░░░░░░████████
██████▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░░▀███████
████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄██████▄▄▀▀███
██████████▄▄░░░░▄▄██████████████▄▄
██████████████▄▄▀▀██████████████▀▀
░░▀▀████████████░░░░▀▀██████▀▀
░░░░░░▀▀████████░░░░░░░░▀▀
░░░░░░░░░▀▀██████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀▀██
OATH

████▀
███▀  ▀
██▀  ▀
█▀  ▀
▀  ▀
▄  ▄
█▄  ▄
██▄  ▄
███▄  ▄
████▄

▀████
▀  ▀███
▀  ▀██
▀  ▀█
▀  ▀
▄  ▄
▄  ▄█
▄  ▄██
▄  ▄███
▄████

▄████▄▄   ▄
█▄          ██████████▀▄
███        ███████████▀
▐████▄     ██████████▌
▄▄██████▄▄▄▄█████████▌
▀████████████████████
  ▀█████████████████
  ▄▄███████████████
   ▀█████████████▀
    ▄▄█████████▀
▀▀██████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌

█▄▄              █▄▄
█████▄▄         ██████▄▄
████████       ████████ █
████████ ██   ████████ ██
████████ ███ ████████ ███
████████ ████ ██████ ████
████████ █████ ████ █████
████████ ▀█████ ██ ██████
████████    ▀▀██  ███████
▀███████         ▀███████
   ▀▀███            ▀▀███
       ▀                ▀
Invest-or

Activity: 322
Merit: 20

View Profile
October 25, 2018, 12:22:26 PM

I don´t think hodl at all costs really works. There is a better strategy for different people, and that includes being able to trade and then hold when necessary.
okaypool

Activity: 476
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 25, 2018, 08:13:57 PM

I stick to this strategy. I have a lot of coins in my wallet that cost a penny. I can sell them now and get say $ 100. But I do not need them, so I’ll just hold them in the hope that they will grow. Although there are risks in general to lose everything. But still, I will continue to hold
cytpoway121

Activity: 1540
Merit: 68

View Profile
October 25, 2018, 08:27:21 PM

It is very good to hodl
But without hodling wisely, it is very dangerous
Because you end up taking up all loss and your portfolio in red too without pumps

So be smart, hodl wisely with good vibes
Monitor your trades and take in your profits too
balfouri

Activity: 252

View Profile
October 25, 2018, 08:34:49 PM

It's very popular to see people selling off their Altcoins with such reckless abandon you begin to wonder if the word hodl ever comes to their mind,come to think of it,how much was bitcoin 8 years back,compare it to the price today,the gulf in price is astronomical..
  Most bounty hunters sell as soon as it hits their wallet,i think the hodl approach should be adopted even the more,you never know what the price of the Altcoin you're calling shit might be in few years time..
  This to me is a perfect trading strategy,hodl your alts and don't be in a haste to sell off
It depends on the situation,for hold for so long and you don't monitor your coin its not a good think.For me I hold it if the value price was low but if I gain profit even a small percentage then I sell it.But if you don't need money then hold it until you wants.

Sonata.ai   ●●   The only cryptocurrency exchange you will ever need
──────────      │█│     JOIN WHITELIST     │█│      ──────────
Pamahaw
Copper Member

Activity: 269
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 25, 2018, 08:42:17 PM

There is no such thing as getting rich in crypto so fast, it will take some time and the best strategy for that is to hold some coins/tokens whose value is cheap then sell them when it will pump 10x. It will take some time to do so, patience would be the key there and you need a ton of it.
Sifon

Activity: 112
Merit: 2

View Profile
October 25, 2018, 09:16:40 PM

The decision to hodl should stem from the importance of the project and it's popularity in the space. If you choose to hodl a coin from a project whose devs have no plans to continue it's development, you'll be wasting your time and money hodling a worthless coin. Because most of these projects will be no more in the 2-3 years
aces777

Activity: 686
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 27, 2018, 01:54:41 PM

Even though a lot of people are still finding it very hard to believe, hodling is still the best way to make the most amount of money. So many people are panic selling their coins thinking that the price will never go back up but when the price of all of the coins start to do better then they are not going to have anyone to blame but themselves for missing the opportunity

▄▄▄▄███████▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄███████▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄███████▄▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄  ▄▄█████████████████▄▄  ▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄█████████████████████▄▄█████████████████████▄▄█████████████████████▄
██████████▀▀  █████████████████▀      ▀████████████████▀      ▀████████
▄█████████     ████████████████   ▄██▄   ██████████████   ▄██▄   ███████▄
████████████   ███████████████████████   ████████████████████▀   ████████
████████████   █████████████████████▀   ▄██████████████████     █████████
████████████   ███████████████████▀   ▄██████████████████████▄   ████████
▀███████████   █████████████████▀   ▄██████████████████   ▀██▀   ███████▀
███████████   ████████████████          ███████████████▄      ▄████████
▀█████████████████████▀▀█████████████████████▀▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀█████████████████▀▀  ▀▀█████████████████▀▀  ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀        ▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀        ▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀
swapSwap, Earn, Bridge, Mint Crypto
& NFT in Multiple Chains
Inspiron14

Activity: 1064
Merit: 101

View Profile
October 27, 2018, 02:13:24 PM

I think there is a truth about Hodl if the coins we get are potentially good in the future. But back to the needs of each person, I used to sell coins that I just got because I needed money for my daily needs.

syberwolfen

Activity: 790
Merit: 261

View Profile
October 27, 2018, 02:16:28 PM

OMG, I just wasted my time to read your topic. LOL. You wrote only old thing which everyone already knew long time ago. You should know that HODL is the basic thing everyone should know before joining this world so why you still have to create a new topic to tell anyone about it? LOL. Maybe I can find out the reason from your red trust. Smiley)

The topic might be old mate but the story of cryptocurrencies are different now. Most of them are ready to sell their coins as they are in the need of money. It might be a awareness for not to lose money and wait for few more days.

Am I spamming? Report me!
Bitkoplak

Activity: 462

View Profile
October 27, 2018, 02:39:27 PM

I see the situation in exchange, if the trading volume is strong I will hold coins or tokens, but if the trading volume is not strong I choose to sell it
Mypanara19

Activity: 826
Merit: 11

View Profile WWW
October 27, 2018, 02:52:17 PM

Personally, my intention in the very beginning was to hodl all my assets as much as possible I can, but since the 'needs' calls for me to sell most of my altcoins that already has value then the needs always comes first before the 'wants'. My earnings from all the bounty rewards is my sole income as of now and this is what I rely with regards to my source of income so I do nit uave much choice than to sell even if I really don't want it to.
raven.tiu17

Activity: 364
Merit: 101

View Profile
October 27, 2018, 02:53:14 PM

In Crypto we should be mindful on the things that we wanted to have. We must pursue a strong hodl policy. Most of the time when I see traders selling their coins on bear market I was like oh my god what's going on??? This are noobs pretending that they want to be rich overtime.
nak02

Activity: 512

View Profile
October 27, 2018, 02:56:19 PM

Holding some altcoins are a big profit in the future if you have patience to do it. Because in altcoins you can profit easily if it legits in x10 of buying that in ICO or any phase in token sale.

▀   ▄   ▀   ▄   ▬▬▬███  Burst  █  Defi Money  ███▬▬▬   ▄   ▀   ▄   ▀
[      PRESALE     |  April 1st      ]     [     CROWDSALE    |  June 1st      ]
[     TWITTER           TELEGRAM       █│█     MEDIUM          GITHUB     ]
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: