Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 07:57:28 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: HODL  (Read 828 times)
jupppo

Activity: 385
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 03, 2018, 04:00:44 PM

You are right but I think it should be another strategy. if bounty hunters want to sell tokens, they will contact the team and they will rebuy bountyhunter's tokens without exchange.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
HabiebRiziq

Activity: 966
Merit: 250

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
November 03, 2018, 04:21:42 PM

It's very popular to see people selling off their Altcoins with such reckless abandon you begin to wonder if the word hodl ever comes to their mind,come to think of it,how much was bitcoin 8 years back,compare it to the price today,the gulf in price is astronomical..
  Most bounty hunters sell as soon as it hits their wallet,i think the hodl approach should be adopted even the more,you never know what the price of the Altcoin you're calling shit might be in few years time..
  This to me is a perfect trading strategy,hodl your alts and don't be in a haste to sell off
That's right. Everything takes time, but I think everyone has their own reasons when choosing to sell their coins. Some people choose to sell their coins when they have made a profit from them, some people sell them because they are in an emergency situation and some people sell them because they panic if the price falls and they suffer heavy losses. So, everyone has their own decisions, make lessons that you think are wrong and learn for the future.
CoinCowgirl

Activity: 277
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 03, 2018, 04:27:01 PM

Yes, you are absolutely right. I do the same since 01-2018 i put everything on hold. My guts tell me that this is the right thing to do. Be patient and have confidence. It`s just a matter of time...lie back and enjoy the ride!
No One

Activity: 417
Merit: 1

View Profile
November 04, 2018, 09:52:33 AM

The word 'Hold' in crypto market is not new one. And it may mislead you if you do not understand its meaning properly. If you hold bad coins, then there is not worth doing so. Bad projects will never give you profits. My suggestion is hold only the good coins and hold until you can afford it. Rather learn about trading and crypto before investing.

StepChain  │  A Responsible Fitness App
Fluxtorrence9

Activity: 336
Merit: 12

View Profile
November 04, 2018, 10:08:05 AM

HODL is ones idea and believe that your coins will bring huge profits in the future, its always wise to hodL I personally build my portfolio for future because I believe its the best thing to do
dddudidd

Activity: 392

View Profile
November 04, 2018, 10:33:48 AM

the average bounty hunter really doesn't understand the words hodl, when the token is distributed, immediately they sell it even though the price is still below, what is important is that they can benefit, and not understand the progress of the project.
that is the current reality
jt byte

Activity: 994
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 04, 2018, 10:40:45 AM

Again and again, you guys will loose a lot if you only hold your cryptocurrencies and believe that one day everything has changed.
I have recently seen a graph on tradingview which shows fall to 3000USD, are you ready for this drop? Wink
GREENch

Activity: 1400
Merit: 103

View Profile
November 04, 2018, 10:52:19 AM

The strategy of HODL will be perfectly combined with trust management, if you have a familiar trader and he will take it. I would not entrust my funds to an unfamiliar trader. And so it turns out the perfect combination of strategies, I think.
badman999

Activity: 164

View Profile
November 04, 2018, 10:54:24 AM

the meaning of the word hold on to ourselves according to my version, because we each of the different coins become of different potentials. If you take a positive, better way to avoid sales that will not take you anywhere, more or less it would be better to trade in small amounts from being silent.

icovo   

████ The World’s First ICO Platform Implementing DAICO  ████
Supremacy2

Activity: 132

View Profile
November 04, 2018, 11:02:06 AM

The word hold is very important on altcoins but many bounty hunters are always scare of holding too much altcoins because of unforseen circumstances of the market but studying the market very, some altcoins are good to hold for long.
btc_angela

Activity: 2604
Merit: 542

View Profile
November 04, 2018, 11:16:13 AM

The word hold is very important on altcoins but many bounty hunters are always scare of holding too much altcoins because of unforseen circumstances of the market but studying the market very, some altcoins are good to hold for long.

On the contrary, I don't think that the term hodl has much value in altcoins specially bounty hunters. I mean they usually dump their tokens once they received it so there's no such thing as holding for them. But I don't blame though, you work hard so it makes sense to sell off to get your reward.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
█████████████████████████
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?.
..PLAY NOW..
PavelMed

Activity: 560
Merit: 106

View Profile WWW
November 05, 2018, 06:21:15 AM

It's very popular to see people selling off their Altcoins with such reckless abandon you begin to wonder if the word hodl ever comes to their mind,come to think of it,how much was bitcoin 8 years back,compare it to the price today,the gulf in price is astronomical..
  Most bounty hunters sell as soon as it hits their wallet,i think the hodl approach should be adopted even the more,you never know what the price of the Altcoin you're calling shit might be in few years time..
  This to me is a perfect trading strategy,hodl your alts and don't be in a haste to sell off
Yes, the retention tactic brings good profits, but it can be improved. To do this, you need to constantly monitor your assets and their development, and when the asset makes a sharp breakthrough, try to sell it at the peak of growth, because after that there will be a correction and you can redeem your asset again with this correction. and make a profit with every such growth.

▶▶  BTCitcoin 2  ◀◀    Scalable Bitcoin Fork with instant verified payments
██████████████████████████████
Low Fees! Truly Anonymous Transactions Join the discussion thread
peregar2022

Activity: 84
Merit: 2

View Profile
November 05, 2018, 06:38:19 AM

Yes, it is all the coins that need to be kept for the long term, and preferably for several years and not to sell them immediately after receipt for participation in the bounty.
bagikoin

Activity: 784

View Profile WWW
November 05, 2018, 07:01:17 AM

the hold is a good decision for the long term. But if it wants to trade and view it is a great opportunity to get the results then traded in crypto is not a bad thing. When the market is quite active and lively certainly when holding and silent will miss some good thing that even quite large. so I think to stifle is not entirely be a good decision.

_▄▄▄▄
▄██████
▀"▀██████
     `█████
_▄▄▄▄.  Y████
,███████▄. Y█████
,███P'   `██p`█████
,d███'          `██████
o███P _▄▄██▄▄_    `██████
,████',d████████L    Y██████
d███P,████████████b    Y███████
d█████d██████████████    ]████████
d█████████P'd████████P    d█████████
,██████████'  Y█████████ooo██████[Y████
d██████████'    Y████████████████P  Y████
, ██████████[        ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀    d████
 ███████████.         __        ____▄▄███████
█████████████L_       `"██████████████████▀▀▀
████████████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄                     
██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   
  ████████████████████████████████████████████ 
     ██████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀         
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   ESSENCE OF A PROJECT
ECOSTARTEcoStart will be a reliable platform for creating
applications for financing green projects,
ecology and sharing the economy.
Instant and transparent
financing of environmental
projects.

WHITEPAPER
ONEPAGER

[....
JOIN
....]
WE CREATE
A CRYPTOCURRENCY
FOR OUR PLANET
killat

Activity: 742
Merit: 21

Be the reason someone smiles today

View Profile WWW
November 05, 2018, 07:04:26 AM

Buying any coin and hodling it, is a though game. You can lose everything you invest
If you have the spare budget, ( that you don't mind losing) you could buy the top 5 or 10, or just keep your budget ready for action and keep watching the news, the coins value go up when news about that specific coin gets dropped most of the times.
But only invest money in crypto you don't mind losing, that's the golden rule!

It's still a great industry, and there are a lot of other ways to make good profits with crypto than just hodling

✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦
Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible
✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦
ranggenga

Activity: 714

View Profile
November 05, 2018, 07:55:53 AM

There is indeed, people like selling their coins quick, especially bounty hunter (but not all of them). Some bounty hunter tend to sell their coins right after distribution and it get listed in the market. But i prefer to hodl the coins that i got, and wait patiently, until the price is goes to the moon.
Isuk

Activity: 406
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
November 05, 2018, 02:13:04 PM

Everyone has their own analysis, if they want to sell their coins then what's wrong with that, the coins are theirs. Actually, I agree with your opinion, hodl is a strategy to get more profit in the future. But I think, hodl or sell is a choice, it's everyone decision.
Geleve

Activity: 588
Merit: 104

View Profile
November 05, 2018, 02:22:43 PM

yes. my strategy is also hodl for so long time. because i dont have enough time to follow the market everyday and that is why i cant make daily trading. so i prefer to buy and forget for a while.
vanya.pronin.1983

Activity: 378

View Profile
November 05, 2018, 02:54:38 PM

Those who still hodl will be rewarded guys! It is a pretty simple law, the market pumped and then it is going to down to make the most possible amount of people to quit. After that the market going to the new records.
FirstCryptic

Activity: 112

🔵The Global Foodservice Loyalty Space

View Profile
November 05, 2018, 06:57:10 PM

Investing in the long term is not a very interesting idea to make money right now. Need to survive the current time is not clear state of the crypto market. I think this period will pass quickly and long-term investments will occupy a large structure in the total volume of all crypto investments.

[ R E S T O t o k e n ]     |     The Global Foodservice Loyalty Space
     TOKEN SALE      ❱ Oct 10th - Dec 14th
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: