Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 04:58:02 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Five rules for avoiding scam in cryprocurrency  (Read 245 times)
patykuprova (OP)

Activity: 364
Merit: 10

Creative & digital marketing agency

View Profile WWW
September 22, 2018, 07:12:56 PM
Last edit: September 22, 2018, 07:35:51 PM by patykuprova

Dear everyone,
Today i would like to share my experiences for those begin crypto. There are 5 basis rules to avoid scam:

- Rule 1: Setup strong password for all your accounts and dont use same password for all. You should write all your password into paper and carefully keep your password to safety place.
- Rule 2: allway check twice when you make the transactions. You should only copy the adress or scan the QR code when you fill the deposit address.
- Rule 3: You should use offline hardware wallet for long-term holding. You also consider use a separate ubuntu computer only for transaction.
- Rule 4: Double check all websites related to crypto. You will avoid the fake website by this way. I suguest you bookmark all trusted websites and also use Metamask extention for avoiding fake MEW.
- Rule 5: Dont download any high risk file to your computer and also use antivirus sorfware.

This is my experiences which i have learned from the others and internet. I hope 5 rules helpful for newbie. If you have any idea, please drop here! We discuss together!
Thank for reading.

I have finished kyc but not get token yet. Telegram @BeansreaL
My Erc-20 address: 0xe3e21e290544471facac5b9fb51127b1a0725710

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Treasurer

Activity: 462
Merit: 104

View Profile
September 22, 2018, 08:02:19 PM

- Rule 1: Setup strong password for all your accounts and dont use same password for all. You should write all your password into paper and carefully keep your password to safety place.

In addition, you need to copy your addresses and passwords related to crypto currency to 2 other media or USB and hide them well. Just not on the phone, because the phone is easy to steal. Be careful and attentive always when working with crypto currency.
edmundo
Copper Member

Activity: 518
Merit: 2

View Profile
September 22, 2018, 08:04:40 PM

Dear everyone,
Today i would like to share my experiences for those begin crypto. There are 5 basis rules to avoid scam:

- Rule 2: allway check twice when you make the transactions. You should only copy the adress or scan the QR code when you fill the deposit address.
- Rule 3: You should use offline hardware wallet for long-term holding. You also consider use a separate ubuntu computer only for transaction.
- Rule 4: Double check all websites related to crypto. You will avoid the fake website by this way. I suguest you bookmark all trusted websites and also use Metamask extention for avoiding fake MEW.
- Rule 5: Dont download any high risk file to your computer and also use antivirus sorfware.

This is my experiences which i have learned from the others and internet. I hope 5 rules helpful for newbie. If you have any idea, please drop here! We discuss together!
Thank for reading.

I think rule number four (4) is one of the highest ways through which most phishing scams associated with MEW have all come from. It is very easy to neglect a site once it has a replica of the original and this is why people fall for most phishing scams. Recently, the popular DEX site ether delta was cloned in such a way that it was very difficult to identify the phishing ether delta site from the original because it was just too similar. The exact same thing has happened to Idex in the past. If you are in a hurry, you might end up falling for these kinds of scams. My advice is, always ensure you bookmark the original sites and only access them through the bookmarked links, with this, it should be difficult to fall for phishing sites.
bharatpatel

Activity: 248
Merit: 100

diceroll.xyz

View Profile
September 22, 2018, 08:10:53 PM

Mainly your concern about the security. With low security or no knowledge about all those things leads to sometimes loss of our coin easily. Even you should add the one rule Don't trust anyone. Sometimes we trust someone made us in loss or scam.

DiceRoll    |    Probability tool    |    Exchange 
tamango

Activity: 602

View Profile
September 22, 2018, 08:12:06 PM

another good rule is to install some useful extension in chrome like Ethaddresslockup and other for blocking fake websites and websites that try to steal your data.
koincik

Activity: 868
Merit: 265

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
September 22, 2018, 08:12:38 PM

SCAM projects are very difficult to distinguish. These 5 conditions are important, but not enough to determine. I think, everyone has to be more careful.

BIG WINNER!
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░
▀██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄
▀██░████████░███████░█▀
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████
▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
gorkin0606

Activity: 140

View Profile
September 22, 2018, 08:13:52 PM

These rules need to be followed always strictly. I advise to expand this list and to add to it some more rules which will help to save your money

B I T C O I N   S P O R T | Cryptocurrency Journal   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   ◥ BITCOIN-SPORT.ORG
                                         [                   + 92% FREE BITCOINS                   ]          ◥ Chat for bounty and investors
                                              ANN   FACEBOOK   TWITTER   VK   TELEGRAM                   ◥ The dynamics of the course
Omooba098

Activity: 266
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 22, 2018, 08:23:01 PM

How I wish people can read and follow this rules to avoid being scammed. With just a simple rule like this one can simply avoid the scammers.
indoagung88

Activity: 294

Files.fm - Store, Share and Sell Files

View Profile
September 22, 2018, 08:33:05 PM

I thank you for your advice and the experience that you have conveyed here. Of course this is very useful for us users who still have little experience. I strongly agree with point number 1, to store outside the computer and save or write on paper. At least it's very safe and out of reach of crime. Unless we make our own mistakes when entering the wrong website. Thank you for your insight. Always success.

✦ files.fm library ✦
P2P File Catalog & Marketplace with AI and Blockchain Payments
shamc
Copper Member

Activity: 336

View Profile
September 22, 2018, 08:34:48 PM

An anti-virus program isn't sufficient enough, you will need to ensure your operating system is fully patched up with the latest security updates, and the browser as well. A lot of scams are fake ICOs and it's very difficult to determine which ones are real and which are fake, it's often just about luck

[ S E S S I A ] NEW GENERATION SOCIAL NETWORK
twitter    ◾ telegram     (❪  W H I T E P A P E R  ❫)
GET APP  ❱❱❱  ► Google Play   ► App Store
Noobaru

Activity: 504
Merit: 3

View Profile WWW
September 22, 2018, 09:51:17 PM

These are great tips and let me just add one of mine to your tip #5. Besides using antivirus program, use anti-malware program as well. Some websites that we visit, try to secretly install malware on your computer and in crypto space, there are a lot of scam websites. This is one step further to insure your computer is malware free.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄ ■       SKYNET.co       ■ ▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▐▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬     PRIVATE SALE is LIVE     ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▌
patykuprova (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 22, 2018, 11:41:45 PM

Hi!

Here's a guide about MyEtherWallet Offline Transactions (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4500372.0) - may also work for many other coins (Google).
I'd still prefer a hardware-wallet but signing transactions offline is a very secure alternative (if you're doing it right).

Unfortunately bookmarking a website won't protect you against DNS-hijacking-attacks. I'd always use a hardware-wallet/offline-transactions so it wouldn't be possible to grab your private-key.

Not downloading high risk files is one of the most important aspects - and if you really have to download something you don't know if it's safe, just use a sandbox/VM.
However AV-software is a pretty controversial topic as it gives you a wrong feeling of security and may even provide vulnerabilities for malware.

Best regards,
Nestade
Hi Nestade, as i clearly say, some rules above i have learned from the others and internet. I see this is the basis rules but helpful for newbie, so i collect and share for everyone. I hope people pay attention to the smallest things to avoid scam. Thank for your contribution.

beckspace

Activity: 931
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 22, 2018, 11:47:23 PM

Thanks for the very good advice, we need all of these and even more to protect our cryptocurrencies. Because fraud sector is highly developed.
patykuprova (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 22, 2018, 11:48:29 PM

These are great tips and let me just add one of mine to your tip #5. Besides using antivirus program, use anti-malware program as well. Some websites that we visit, try to secretly install malware on your computer and in crypto space, there are a lot of scam websites. This is one step further to insure your computer is malware free.
Yes, i am using an internet sercurity program and i run scan virus every day to delete high risk files and more..

shinchan123

Activity: 504

View Profile
September 22, 2018, 11:52:42 PM

Dear everyone,

Thank for reading.

I think those are good guide lines to secure your money in crypto. You should also add that your computer must have good security to avoid malwares and viruses that can give away your infornation to hackers. Avoid clicking links jn your computer because it can put your computer at risk. Make sure that you also know what you are doing in crypto, when I was new in crypto I lost some money in buying coins and forgetting to save the pass phrase after downloading the wallet.
BitDane

Activity: 1372
Merit: 348

View Profile WWW
September 22, 2018, 11:54:21 PM

Dear everyone,

Thank for reading.
Thank you for sharing your experience as well as your tips on how to avoid scams. Well, I guess it is really relevant nowadays to be aware of these things and we have to protect our accounts. This is a great guideline to all especially to newbies that are not familiar with these things.
batang_bitcoin

Activity: 2954
Merit: 600

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
September 22, 2018, 11:58:27 PM

Great tips as you are suggesting on how to keep yourself away from intruders.

And for scams, don't invest to a project that you are not aware of it. Check all the details clearly so your money will be safe and sure if the project you entrusted your hard earned money is legit and not a scam. Don't be scammed and don't get phished everyone.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
patykuprova (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 23, 2018, 03:26:54 AM

SCAM projects are very difficult to distinguish. These 5 conditions are important, but not enough to determine. I think, everyone has to be more careful.
To determine and avoid a scam project, we have to learn and experienced too much items. Before newbies come to crypto, i hope they read and understand some basis rules to self prevent.

MrThang

Activity: 112
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 23, 2018, 03:37:12 AM

Dear everyone,

Thank for reading.
I have several tips to help:
1. Always verify a Web wallet’s address, and don’t follow links to an Internet bank or Web wallet.
2. Before sending, double-check the recipient’s address (at least check the first and last characters), the amount being sent, and the size of the associated fee.
3. Write down a mnemonic phrase that allows you to recover a cryptowallet if you lose it or forget your password.
4. Keep a cool head and make informed decisions when crypto-investing, and don’t panic or hurry.
5. Always remember that crypto-investment is very risky. Do not invest more than you’re ready to lose at any moment. Diversify your investments.
6. Use cryptocurrency hardware wallets.
7. Run high-quality antivirus protection to protect the devices you use to access cryptowallets, trade on crypto-exchanges, and so on.
marcbitcoins

Activity: 854
Merit: 108

View Profile
September 23, 2018, 03:49:50 AM

Dear everyone,

Thank for reading.

I don't understand your arguments of this topic because you are talking on how to avoid scam which mean we need to make sure our invested money is safe that the projects are not fraud. Is changing our password will tell us that the certain projects is not a scam? Among the rules only no.4 is the one that i only see fit to avoid scam.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: