Bitcoin Forum
June 08, 2024, 08:51:19 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: What the MTGox Callcenter has to say  (Read 1382 times)
McKinley (OP)

Activity: 72
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 10:28:32 AM

I called them today and wanted to know what can be done now and if there is any information. This is what i found out:

1) They confirmed, that they are under official supervision (i asked for the current management, so this tells me the same management is still in place, but they are being supervised)
2) They told me there's nothing anyone can do right now. (I explicitly asked if getting a lawyer is now necessary).
3) They told me there will be a new announcement today on the website (which is online by now, but tells nothing more anyway).

By checking the website i noted, that the callcenter in english language was removed: Its number is(was?): +81 3 4588 3922 (10am-5pm Tokio time).
If anyone else calls, please share your information here.

ledmaniak

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 10:33:01 AM

They cannot tell you anything. If you want some smalltalk, they can talk with you about sushi and the current time:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CkHlH6s7vo8

Bitcoin: 1Cxi8BLvScSm1mW6kjb5MNeJZPrvAiYL6B
Litecoin: LLmjtrrq1ZeD51NSUJ8VanuQduW8Ma3jrs
McKinley (OP)

Activity: 72
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 10:53:38 AM

omg!!!. - not allowed to tell her name, whether she is working for MTGOX, has NO manager(!), doesn't know anyone from MT.GOX, can't say what Bitcoins are and is not in a call center, ..... she can tell that she is in Japan (hurra!), near the Japanese sea, but not where in Japan.... Wink - Poor girl, though, hired to play stupid: Mesa Jar Jar Binks! Mesa know nothing!

My call wasn't that bad. She could at least tell me the posted 3 points - looks like they're allowed more by now.
V4Vendettas

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 12:11:10 PM

They cannot tell you anything. If you want some smalltalk, they can talk with you about sushi and the current time:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CkHlH6s7vo8

Dude honestly thank you I really needed a pick me up laugh.

0.000001 bitcoin says Mark picked the call centre company as a final goxxing as he slithered out.

Poor girl lol

Not laughing at you btw I got burned bad also.

Deja-Q

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 10, 2014, 10:40:34 AM

My intention was to call also the "hotline".... in English of course... unfortenatly I also saw that the number was removed. Lucky I've wrote down the number before, and thnx a lot that you did post it here again!
As I live in The Netherlands the telephone bill will be huge if I must hold the line for half an hour and chit chat 'bout the weather and such crap.
But maybe it's good for the lawyer if there's much proof that the "hotline" is nothing more then a farce. If I call I will record it also of course! Smiley

clownius

Activity: 448
Merit: 254

View Profile
March 10, 2014, 01:54:11 PM

VoIP people.  Seriously

It will save you a fortune calling overseas.

My landline may charge stupid $'s per minute but on VoIP is mere cents per minute at worst.

Comparison

From my Landline to
Landline 40c/m
Mobile 80c/m

From my VoIP provider to
Landline 3.5c/m
Mobile 20c/m
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: