Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 11:02:11 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: is there a penalty for the merit giver?  (Read 525 times)
paxmao
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1587

Do not die for Putin

View Profile
September 24, 2018, 09:59:51 PM
Last edit: September 25, 2018, 08:11:00 AM by paxmao

I'm still new in this forum, I don't really understand how this works.
can someone review the history of my post?
I hope to get at least 1 merit. I have tried to make the best post according to the knowledge I have about cryptocurrency and a little about my economic knowledge.

terimakasih banyak

Oh my, I think you just got on the ignore list of 3 merit sources. Go to a merit review thread and pretend that this post never happened.

And also... pretend that this other is not yours
"   
Re: Should I invest in Ethereum now or wait?
August 21, 2018, 04:04:00 AM
Quote from: justinaez79 on May 11, 2018, 08:52:25 AM
I have been thinking about investing in ETH for sometime.

Should I invest in Ethereum now or wait?
currently the price of Ethereum is $ 3.50, this price is the same as in 2016.
I thought this was the right time to buy, I bought Ethereum one week ago."

Edit: you may be referring to your local coin.

nngella

Activity: 336
Merit: 42

View Profile
September 24, 2018, 10:20:18 PM

Abusing Merits or trading it isn't allowed so users who will be caught doing such things will be punish for sure. They will receive Negative Trust, since Merit is not moderated they will not be banned (if my memory serves me right).

Based from the title itself, merit giver won't be punish as long as you distribute your sMerits in different good ways and it is much better to not receive any Merits than to get one from trading it.

Anyway, the answer for your question is too obvious. Making thread for topic like this is unnecessary. Please try to search and read sometimes.
Same with the above.  As far as I know, you can only receive negative trust rating by merit abuse.  Can anyone cite an example that a user was banned or suspeneded becaue of merit abuse?

▀███████▄            enterapp.io       |       CRYPTO WEB3 NEOBANK            ▄███████▀
                            PRE-SALE IS LIVE                           
▀█▄ ▀█▄ ▀█▄        D E C E N T R A L I Z E D   B A N K I N G        ▄█▀ ▄█▀ ▄█▀
bungutko

Activity: 280
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 24, 2018, 10:51:07 PM

I think it may not be an issue as I believe it will be the newbies effort to make good constructive  postings to be able to achieve 1 merit.  People should move on and just continue to do what is right.
chiyenbtre

Activity: 45
Merit: 4

View Profile
September 25, 2018, 03:15:48 AM

I suggest a solution to fight against slightly abuser on merit system, especially Junior Members who got 1 merit for non-sense thread to satisfy the new rank requirement launched several days ago.
The start of new ERA!

Every single transactions can be found here, https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1R3dE2huMLqjvC1JpFUimRvXvktBxjD-Sgqw61S5oYhk/edit#gid=0

Feel free to find and report abusers!
As you all can see in the table and chart above, merit distribution has been almost double last week.
Very impressive effects of new rank requirements (and of course, more merit sources accepted and acted actively).

I also give the link to helpful topic which created by @LoyceV.
List of demoted Jr. Members who were ranked up again
As the author stated, being listed in the list there don't mean that those ones are abusers.
xtraelv
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1924

฿ear ride on the rainbow slide

View Profile
September 25, 2018, 02:03:04 PM
Merited by dbshck (1)

The rules on merit awarding are much stricter for merit sources.

Really?  I've always felt encouraged to give it away to as many legitimate users as I can find.

I'm impressed by the sheer number of newbies you have helped rank up.

There are many newbies that are not shit-posters that also don't make super exciting posts. But they do have value to the forum because they are clearly
interacting with others. I think it is good that merit sources are helping them out of newbie hell.  It is annoying for them that they cannot post images.

I think it is great that you are looking for reasons to give. Perhaps some people over-think it.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5034141.0

We are surrounded by legends on this forum. Phenomenal successes and catastrophic failures. Then there are the scams. This forum is a digital museum.  
* The most iconic historic bitcointalk threads.* Satoshi * Cypherpunks*MtGox*Bitcointalk hacks*pHiShInG* Silk Road*Pirateat40*Knightmb*Miner shams*Forum scandals*BBCode*
Troll spotting*Thank you to madnessteat for my custom avatar hat.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: