Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 06:26:49 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin business opportunity  (Read 6142 times)
rainingbitcoins

Activity: 728
Merit: 252

SmartFi - EARN, LEND & TRADE

View Profile
October 30, 2011, 08:08:29 PM

FYI, I am putting $50 of my own money into this to start

You and logansryche should team up and buy a lemonade stand.

████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
...The Open..............
...Lending Platform...
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄██████████▀▀▀▀███████▄
█████████▀        ███████
████████▀        ▄█████████
█████████       ▄▀▀██████████
█████████     ▄▀   ▀█████████
██████████  ▄▀      █████████
█████████▀▀       ▄████████
███████        ▄█████████
▀███████▄▄▄▄██████████▀
▀█████████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
.SMARTFI..████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
...Join the SmartFi.....
...Token Sale...
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
██████                ██████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Digigami

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 30, 2011, 08:08:43 PM

If you really are serious about this whole idea, may I suggest you try and limit your initial exposure and reduce your startup costs?

I would say you should start with developing automated hot meal vending machines. This cuts out the lease/purchase of the restaurant itself, which represents half of your startup costs.

Hot meal serving machines could easily be placed yourself in schools, etc where they would be readily accepted. Perhaps mobile machines could be developed and ready for quick temporary deployment to events such as protests (OWS) where I'm sure they would be much appriciated.

Once you have your core meal preparation equipment developed well, then look into moving from vending machines to a full restaurant.

Further, I suspect the adoption of the bitcoin payment option would be better received via vending machines as well. strictly my opinion there
ineededausername

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

bitcoin hundred-aire

View Profile
October 30, 2011, 08:09:26 PM

Never heard of a restaurant without humans serving etc. Good luck though.

it took me two whole seconds to Google this.
http://gizmodo.com/295454/robot+staffed-restaurant-launches-in-germany

(BFL)^2 < 0
Giraffe.BTC

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 30, 2011, 08:12:22 PM

Not at ll! Somewhere in Europe there is now a vending machine that makes entire pizzas from scratch. Why not a building that does a whole menu?
Because the overhead costs would be enormously higher than a traditional restaurant to produce far inferior food?  Because you have no demonstrated ability to design the kind of complex machinery needed to prepare anything more complicated than Spaghetti-Os?  Because your budget to design and build a robot restaurant is based on nothing and almost certainly drastically underfunded?  Because your proposed location has already proven unable to sustain an upscale restaurant?  Because your entire business model is high risk / low reward?  

Pick one of those.

Donation address:  none, because I'm not a goddamn hobo.
the joint
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1020

View Profile
October 30, 2011, 08:15:21 PM

Never heard of a restaurant without humans serving etc. Good luck though.

What about fancy sushi places where cooks prepare the sushi, but the food comes by on a conveyor belt?

Can you build a catapult for delivery?
ElectricMucus
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1057

Marketing manager - GO MP

View Profile WWW
October 30, 2011, 08:17:03 PM

The first "robots" used in this fashion will be People equipped with a headset and being told instructions from a software appliance which automatically manages the business resources. Expect this within the next decade or so to become widely spread from McD to Gas Stations and Walmart.
bulanula

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 30, 2011, 08:18:09 PM

FYI, I am putting $50 of my own money into this to start

You and logansryche should team up and buy a lemonade stand.

Best thing I read all day ! Thank you mate.
Giraffe.BTC

View Profile
October 30, 2011, 08:20:48 PM

You and logansryche should team up and buy beg the Bitcoin forums to buy you a lemonade stand.
Fixed.

naypalm
Legendary

Activity: 1272
Merit: 1012

howdy

View Profile WWW
October 30, 2011, 08:22:52 PM

I think this is a great idea although I think I'd rather get the traditional hair in my s00p than hydraulic fluid.

Rassah (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1035

View Profile WWW
October 30, 2011, 08:25:22 PM

Because the overhead costs would be enormously higher than a traditional restaurant to produce far inferior food?

There won't be any cooks or wait staff, so I doubt it

Because you have no demonstrated ability to design the kind of complex machinery needed to prepare anything more complicated than Spaghetti-Os?

I may not have demonstrated it here, but I can do it. I have designed and programed a lot of machines in SecondLife, including ones that relied on physics. I can just pick up some cheap or free CAD software bundle and do the same for robots.

Because your budget to design and build a robot restaurant is based on nothing and almost certainly drastically underfunded?

How do you know? I know how much the building costs. The technology can't be much more expensive.

Because your proposed location has already proven unable to sustain an upscale restaurant?

Only because it had to pay cooks and waitstaff, and because the bank foreclosed on it. If I have all the money up front before starting it, I won't have to worry about banks.

Because your entire business model is high risk / low reward?  

It's not high risk. If I don't get enough money, I'll return everyone's money. You just don't get it  Roll Eyes
Rassah (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 30, 2011, 08:26:38 PM

I think this is a great idea although I think I'd rather get the traditional hair in my s00p than hydraulic fluid.

Hydrolics could jut use water, so that won't be a problem
bulanula

View Profile
October 30, 2011, 08:31:35 PM

Because the overhead costs would be enormously higher than a traditional restaurant to produce far inferior food?

There won't be any cooks or wait staff, so I doubt it

Because you have no demonstrated ability to design the kind of complex machinery needed to prepare anything more complicated than Spaghetti-Os?

I may not have demonstrated it here, but I can do it. I have designed and programed a lot of machines in SecondLife, including ones that relied on physics. I can just pick up some cheap or free CAD software bundle and do the same for robots.

Because your budget to design and build a robot restaurant is based on nothing and almost certainly drastically underfunded?

How do you know? I know how much the building costs. The technology can't be much more expensive.

Because your proposed location has already proven unable to sustain an upscale restaurant?

Only because it had to pay cooks and waitstaff, and because the bank foreclosed on it. If I have all the money up front before starting it, I won't have to worry about banks.

Because your entire business model is high risk / low reward?  

It's not high risk. If I don't get enough money, I'll return everyone's money. You just don't get it  Roll Eyes

I hope you are joking. What are you ? 17 ? Anyone older than that will laugh at your supposed "robot-building skills".
repentance

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 30, 2011, 08:50:58 PM

Well played sir.  Well played.

All I can say is that this is Bitcoin. I don't believe it until I see six confirmations.
Rassah (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 30, 2011, 08:56:36 PM

I hope you are joking. What are you ? 17 ? Anyone older than that will laugh at your supposed "robot-building skills".

I wouldn't laugh at someone until they have proven me wrong. As I said, I have experience with 3D design and building simple robots. I just never had the funds to build bigger ones.
Rarity

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

Look upon me, BitcoinTalk, for I...am...Rarity!

View Profile
October 30, 2011, 08:59:30 PM

There are some good ideas here, but you might want to start a bit smaller.   Restaurant owners I've consulted for in the past tell me nothing had really prepared them for what they were getting in to.  These were people with plenty of culinary and business experience.  Owning a bar or restaurant is not for everyone, you have to be prepared to work long hours and lose a lot of money before you start making it.

I would start smaller, instead of taking over a massive established spot find somewhere you can get started in on a small scale and work out the kinks in the idea.  You don't need a big name at first since you have a very unique idea that would be easy for any competent PR or advertising team to generate buzz for.  Newspapers and media and blogs love stories about unique eateries so the advertising is practically free.  The hard part is maintaining the buzz by consistently creating a product people will come back for.  People really need to have an affinity for the place, it has to feel like home.

"Money is like manure: Spread around, it helps things grow. Piled up in one place, it just stinks."
Giraffe.BTC

View Profile
October 30, 2011, 09:33:38 PM

I get it now.  Pretty funny. 

greyhawk

Activity: 938
Merit: 1009

View Profile
October 30, 2011, 09:51:46 PM

fully automated upscale

I don't think you understand how cooking works.

I cook gourmet international cuisine as a hobby, and have dinner parties at my house. I have done Russian, Italian, Japanese, Indian, and Greek so far. Wanting to experiment with French. This restaurant was French. I probably will change the menu to something else though from what I understand, French cooking mainly involves a lot of sauces and frying. Mixing sauces automatically is pretty easy, as is frying. If I add pasta options, that's pretty easy as well.

You also have no understanding of french cuisine.
bulanula

View Profile
October 30, 2011, 09:56:37 PM

fully automated upscale

I don't think you understand how cooking works.

I cook gourmet international cuisine as a hobby, and have dinner parties at my house. I have done Russian, Italian, Japanese, Indian, and Greek so far. Wanting to experiment with French. This restaurant was French. I probably will change the menu to something else though from what I understand, French cooking mainly involves a lot of sauces and frying. Mixing sauces automatically is pretty easy, as is frying. If I add pasta options, that's pretty easy as well.

I missed that. I think he meant Chinese cuisine with sauces and frying, certainly not French. LOL. All the merrier this thread becomes over time. I suggest OP close it as he is clearly delusional and we don't waste more time/space/bandwidth etc. Thank you !
Rassah (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 30, 2011, 10:02:54 PM

Oh, and you do? Why is your word better than mine?
greyhawk

Activity: 938
Merit: 1009

View Profile
October 30, 2011, 10:04:17 PM

Oh, and you do? Why is your word better than mine?

I'm half French.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: