Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 11:03:26 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: when altcoins stop following bitcoin price ?  (Read 1274 times)
awsan2 (OP)

Activity: 224
Merit: 2

View Profile
September 23, 2018, 11:32:42 PM

As we notice that almost all the altcoins follow the price of bitcoin . I'm just wondering when they will become independent and don't follow the bitcoin price?

SUPREME REWARDS
Learn Coin Names Before Pumps
supremepumps.co/Gonow

🚀

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Stavri

Activity: 980
Merit: 275

View Profile
September 24, 2018, 01:27:06 PM

As we notice that almost all the altcoins follow the price of bitcoin . I'm just wondering when they will become independent and don't follow the bitcoin price?

i dont know when. but first reason of it is the dominance of bitcoin. it is so high. that is why all crypto market has to act according to bitcoin price. every altcoin price depends on bitcoin price. it will continue like this until bitcoin loose its dominance.
dicaprio

Activity: 560
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 24, 2018, 01:29:30 PM

I hope that this will happen very soon, because as soon as new conditions for regulation come out, many of them just do not like it and many people will simply switch to altcoins, probably it will be so.
V. J. Meyer

Activity: 308
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 24, 2018, 01:31:41 PM

Nowadays altcoin prices are separate and do not increase or decrease according to BTC trend, so I think we should not care much about the BTC price, please analyze the most appropriate coin option.
Red-Apple

Activity: 1470
Merit: 655

View Profile
September 24, 2018, 02:04:18 PM

the altcoins usually follow bitcoin price during the drop which means they go down if bitcoin goes down. but they rarely happen to rise when bitcoin rises. for example these days you can see we are seeing many altcoins getting pumped up while bitcoin price is not moving and is still at the same price with a very small rise.
and this trend will probably not change for many years because i don't see any good altcoin being created with a real potential so that they can grow apart from pump and dumps.

--signature space for rent; sent PM--
BitcoinTurk

Activity: 1624
Merit: 624

View Profile
September 24, 2018, 02:11:23 PM

It is difficult to predict when this situation will be realized, but I think it is not possible in the near future. In particular, all transactions are made through Bitcoin parities, and therefore the prices of all altcoins may vary depending on the Bitcoin price. Although we see Tether or USD based parities, it is worth remembering that the value of these parities still varies depending on the price of Bitcoin. In the near future, I don't think that pricing will take place independently and I think it will be a bit longer for Bitcoin price.
sehoon

Activity: 840
Merit: 101

View Profile
September 24, 2018, 02:17:17 PM

I think it's not only the altcoins that control their price or other factors that could affect the price. The whales that keep on manipulating the price is also a factor. But I think altcoins not following bitcoin's price is still possible even now.

BogdanGFTP

Activity: 504

View Profile
September 24, 2018, 02:45:41 PM

Bitcoin is the major cryptocurrency and it will be for a long period of time in this role. I do not think that any other cryptocurrency could undermine the hegemony of Bitcoin. Major assets always determine prices of others - it is how markets work.
kevinzxz

Activity: 1470
Merit: 105

👉bit.ly/3QXp3oh |🔥Launchpad on TON

View Profile
September 24, 2018, 02:48:44 PM

I don't think that will happen, because Bitcoin is the king of all altcoins, so the price of an Bitcoin will affect the price of altcoin at any time.

batang_bitcoin

Activity: 2968
Merit: 600

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
September 24, 2018, 02:50:33 PM

They will always follow the price of bitcoin.

Most of the markets are dependent to bitcoin because you need bitcoin to buy and sell them. I doubt it that an altcoin will have its freedom and can finally have its own independent market.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
Muhammad Muneeb

Activity: 644

📱 CARTESI 📱 INFRASTRUCTURE FOR DAP

View Profile
September 24, 2018, 02:53:28 PM

when there will usd or EUR pairing of the coins on the exchange and biggest exchange binance is planning to introduce the usd trade pairs on the exchange by setting up the account in the malta for this purpose

o.ogurlu

Activity: 910
Merit: 12

View Profile WWW
September 24, 2018, 02:58:17 PM

I do not think that such a situation will happen in the near future. Because, Bitcoin has more than half of the entire kritpo market volume. So i think, at least more 5-6 year Bitcoin will continue the control the all cryptomarket.
lobo13hf

Activity: 2268
Merit: 507

View Profile
September 24, 2018, 03:17:42 PM

They will always follow the price of bitcoin.

Most of the markets are dependent to bitcoin because you need bitcoin to buy and sell them. I doubt it that an altcoin will have its freedom and can finally have its own independent market.
They are using bitcoin as the main pair to their tokens. that means any altcoin will always follow bitcoin except the stable coin that backed by dollar just like tether. All exchange sites are trading bitcoin and it can't be avoided. Even the major coin just like ether can't leave from the bitcoin domination. Crypto has started from bitcoin and it's the history of crypto.

████▄██████████▄
███▄████████████
▄███▀
████
████
████
▀███▄
███▀████████████
████▀██████████▀

▄██████████▄
████████████
███████████▀███▄
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
▀███▄███████████
████████████████
████▀██████████▀

▄██▄█████████▄██▄
▀████▄█████▄████▀
▀████▄▄████▀
███████████
▄███▀█████▀███▄
█████████████████
█████████████████
█████████████████
▀███████████████▀

▄███████████████▄
█████████████████
████▀███▀██████▀
███████▄█████▀
████▄▄██████████▄
▀▀██████▀███████
▄██████▄███▄████
█████▀██████████
▀██▀███▀████████▀

████▄███████████
████████████████
▄███▀███████████
███████████████
██████████████
████████████████
███████████▄███▀
████████████
▀██████████▀
████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████
|
Listed
on
BINANCE
KUCOIN
Gate.io
|
doctordidi

Activity: 238
Merit: 13

View Profile
September 24, 2018, 03:19:09 PM

maybe it takes quite a long time for altcoins to stand on their own, whereas what we know about all the coins following bitcoin, bitcoin is the king of all coins, to answer the question of when altcoin can be independent and not follow the price of bitcoin is the only time to answer it.
Saripondso

Activity: 35
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 24, 2018, 03:22:07 PM

Not sure but I think this is impossible. Bitcoin is the first coin and the mother of altcoin. That's why altcoin price is always affected by bitcoin price
TravelMug

Activity: 2632
Merit: 833

View Profile
September 24, 2018, 03:27:49 PM
Merited by Reatim (1)

Yes, technically its possible. But realistically? No. Why? Because altcoins trades pair with Bitcoin.

Example:

ETH/BTC - Trading pair
LTC/BTC -  Trading pair

I hope you get my point. So to become independent, the price of bitcoin should be 0. But can that happen? I don't think so. Its either bitcoin become worthless or other coins takes over Bitcoin as the dominant coin to remove altcoins dependency on the price of bitcoin.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
mmo_online_1981

Activity: 798
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 24, 2018, 03:32:06 PM

Whenever the altcoin is exchanged directly with cash, this does not mean that it does not depend on bitcoin. Because bitcoin is still a big altcoin (like US dollars)
tenebriscaelum

Activity: 462
Merit: 11

View Profile
September 24, 2018, 03:41:29 PM

Right now every altcoin will follow bitcoins price as it has the greatest volume in the market and is very much traded to different altcoin, and unless another crypto will have the same or more volume than bitcoin then it will not change. There are also instances that while bitcoin is going up the altcoin is going down and it can also happen in reverse, this happens in a bear market when the market volume is pretty much saturated and there are no new investors in the market.
anjohyx

Activity: 451
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 24, 2018, 03:41:39 PM

most of the time altcoin will follow bitcoin price, bitcoin price pump and dump must affect altcoin price, but not always like that , try to check last 7day market price, bitcoin price don't have big move, but altcoin slowly increase,  so we can't predict it, your question will become possible if some altcoin replace bitcoin become top 1 cryptocurrency, do you think it's possible?

asayoyaasa
Copper Member

Activity: 648
Merit: 159

View Profile WWW
September 24, 2018, 03:50:01 PM

I don't know why altcoin running like bitcoin, if bitcoin falling down, altcoin follow it. Maybe that will be grow if that altcoin have news about its project, which is make investor interest to buy it. Like dogecoin can grow up to 100s satoshi when bitcoin falling down to the ground.

This is my main account. My alt account for bounty report in the future >> asa crypto info
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: