Bitcoin Forum
May 23, 2024, 06:23:05 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: when altcoins stop following bitcoin price ?  (Read 1274 times)
MancyZz

Activity: 728
Merit: 252

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
September 24, 2018, 03:54:43 PM

As we notice that almost all the altcoins follow the price of bitcoin . I'm just wondering when they will become independent and don't follow the bitcoin price?

I think it's not only the altcoins that control their price or other factors that could affect the price. The whales that keep on manipulating the price is also a factor. But I think altcoins not following bitcoin's price is still possible even now.
Altcoin actually do not follow the price of Bitcoin. but making the Bitcoin as a benchmark prices and the value of each Altcoin are present.
so that makes it always follows the movement of the Bitcoin.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
YoBit AirDrop $|
Get 700 YoDollars for Free!
🏆
Jamesdila1

Activity: 686
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 24, 2018, 03:59:26 PM

i dont know much about it. but i have heard that if the btc dominance go below 20% then alts will not follow btc price much. anyway i also waiting for that to happen. once btc dominance was around 65%. once it was 35%. so going below 20% is very possible.

●   RiveMont   ●
 ❰❰❰❰❰❰  RVMT  ❱❱❱❱❱❱ 
● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●●●    ●  DeFi token  ●    ●●● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●
zeze18

Activity: 938
Merit: 256

View Profile
September 24, 2018, 04:04:50 PM

As we notice that almost all the altcoins follow the price of bitcoin . I'm just wondering when they will become independent and don't follow the bitcoin price?

When bitcoin is no longer on the top of the marketcap.
Bitcoin is still the trendsetter of the market price i think, because the volume of bitcoin is much more than other coins.
qumeijia

Activity: 166
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 24, 2018, 04:06:27 PM

It seems that Altcoins price is following Bitcoin, in fact is not. Other major crypto currency or Altcoins have own price, and the prices are not influenced by Bitcoin. As Bitcoin, it is influenced by the holders of itself. It should be recognized by Crypto currency users about its price in order not continuously miss understood about the fundamentals of Bitcoin and Altcoins.
In addition, in creating and building Altcoins, the developers are doing the best to have good competition in the market cap of its coins to get high value.

rizkyrz

Activity: 560
Merit: 250

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
September 24, 2018, 04:10:41 PM

I think that is a very difficult thing to happen because all altcoins are based on the price of bitcoin (which I know) because that price of bitcoin is very influential on the interest in buying and selling altcoins. Hopefully the altcoin price will be very good by the end of this year.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
CryptoTalk.org| 
MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!
🏆
dzelenyanskiy

Activity: 378
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 24, 2018, 04:17:18 PM

It seems to me that only crypto-currencies, the value of which is backed by real assets, do not follow the ups and downs of bitcoin. Now it's USDT, and i know also one such crypto currency - Bitbon from the company Simcord, as it is secured by the company's assets. If interested, read about Bitbon more here - https://medium.com/bitbon/bitbon-system-crowdsale-from-simcord-company-4b254cb44d0
kramchers

Activity: 854
Merit: 101

View Profile
September 24, 2018, 04:19:03 PM

If they will have their own exchange in the market connected in USDT.
The first reason is alts/btc exchange. but if a coin will have USDT conversion instantly then it will be independent.
But as far as i know it is okay to follow as they are both cryptocurrency.
ivanleon

Activity: 280

View Profile
September 24, 2018, 04:29:00 PM

In theory, when there will be a strong currency that is able to compete with Bitcoin. Why can't this happen? After all, many strong projects. On the other hand, the question itself, if we understand it differently, there are moments when positive news comes out for the altcon, it can grow regardless of the fall in the price of the Bitcoin. It's happened so many times.
BADBITCH

Activity: 532
Merit: 6

View Profile
September 24, 2018, 04:29:50 PM

For me, you are mistaken because altcoins do not simply follow bitcoin price here and there, neither does it vary with it. Bitcoin is just a factor that determines whether an altcoin will continue in its position of pump even when bitcoin is low.

As long as your reearch work is firm, you have no troubles with bitcoin price when trading altcoins.
Goodday

Activity: 448

View Profile
September 24, 2018, 04:38:51 PM

not all of them, have you not seen the market in the past few days? look at doge and recently xrp who went up without having to follow btc, there was also eth who fell very badly and did not follow btc.
25espia1994

Activity: 266

View Profile
September 24, 2018, 04:46:38 PM

I think so they compare the value to each other! so they do not lose because it's one of the parts of their marketing strategy. so we should not worry about the work you should know the trading strategy for more money to receive.

GigTricks
WORLD FIRST INTEGRATED FREELANCE & ON-DEMAND ECOSYSTEMS
Whitepaper | Bounty | ANN Thread | www.gigtricks.io
lKSLMNSLKnkndlksnkJ

Activity: 770
Merit: 9

View Profile
September 24, 2018, 04:51:28 PM

My belief is the altcoin market is very small if you take out the market slice BTC owns.  Relative to other more liquid investment vehicles, cryptocurrency in general is microscopic in comparison.

The best altcoins will eventually have their own markets and will do well independently of bitcoin.  But, what it will take is the masses to start piling into crypto after some sort of dollar crisis.

The prices on many projects will skyrocket as new investors don't have the time to research properly and start following trends putting their money on any project with a surging price.

Early adopters of cryptocurrency will start realizing gains well beyond their wildest dreams.  Hold tight!

BEP-20  0x10f3Eb215Ee55f1B92c89420498aB832c53caBB9
ERC-20  0xFE4047353129ce0747632db8aFcfC2584391D824
allanr

Activity: 345
Merit: 114

View Profile WWW
September 24, 2018, 04:58:18 PM

When?
the first to be questioned may or may not be.
I say it can.
but when?
not in the near future. need a long process. it is undeniable that bitcoin is a pioneer of all coins created. bitcoin is the qibla of all altcoins.

need a project and system that is really serious and different to beat the popularity of bitcoin.

besides that there are also many other factors, such as the number of dumper who make a new coin project price sluggish, far from the desired target price
seyola89

Activity: 518
Merit: 102

View Profile
September 24, 2018, 06:20:08 PM

Good question. I'm also waiting for the glorious time when altcoins will be independent of bitcoin movement. They always go down when bitcoin is going down or even up and it can be frustrating. Maybe when most altcoins start to have USD pairs, the dream can be achieved.
DinaPalamarchuk

Activity: 126

View Profile
September 24, 2018, 06:22:13 PM

I think that this will last until and as long as there is bitcoin. Because all coins depend on bitcoin. And they will be autonomous only when there is no bitcoin. A bitcoin will always exist so draw conclusions.
kobita333

Activity: 244

Official Street Team member

View Profile
September 24, 2018, 06:23:34 PM

If someday bitcoin doesn't exist anymore. Just kidding. It's not possible indeed. BTC has gained its popularity as it is being used in more than any other cryptocurrencies. Also, it has been using in reality. I don't think it's gonna possible.

Beyond Protocol
Street Team
http://beyond.link | Coming Fall 2021
Official bitcointalk
thread
benalexis12

Activity: 826
Merit: 117

View Profile WWW
September 24, 2018, 06:24:06 PM

When they are all adopt by mainstream and algortihm could be a change not following btc price and ithink they should perfectly develop their projects before it goes live and independently perform well in several sectors using blockchain technology.

askmecrypto

Activity: 406
Merit: 109

View Profile
September 24, 2018, 06:26:51 PM

My answer would be "NEVER".
Reason being, BTC is the main trading pair for ALTCoins. Until and unless FIAT or ETH or any other trading pair becomes stronger for an altcoin, Altcoin will keep following Bitcoin prices.
You will mostly be converting your alts into bitcoin satoshis, and there price are pegged to FIAT which makes ALTs price pegged to FIAT eventually.
ajdaj

Activity: 532

View Profile
September 24, 2018, 06:47:35 PM

Reason being, BTC is the main trading pair for ALTCoins. Until and unless FIAT or ETH or any other trading pair becomes stronger for an altcoin, Altcoin will keep following Bitcoin prices.
You will mostly be converting your alts into bitcoin satoshis, and there price are pegged to FIAT which makes ALTs price pegged to FIAT eventually.
in any case, today there are quite a lot of different approaches to implementing the pricing of a particular project.Despite the fact that one coin is tied to the Bitcoin rate, and the other is a feat, their level of pricing is all the same, based on the current state of the crypto-currency market.
hovrah

Activity: 756
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 24, 2018, 07:07:14 PM

in any case, today there are quite a lot of different approaches to implementing the pricing of a particular project.Despite the fact that one coin is tied to the Bitcoin rate, and the other is a feat, their level of pricing is all the same, based on the current state of the crypto-currency market.
I think that today the bad condition of the market is not in vain, because the value of the crypto currency is being corrected and I hope that in the near future we will be able to see the internal situation of those people who have a future prospect.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: