Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 08:44:35 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: when altcoins stop following bitcoin price ?  (Read 1274 times)
Leenwar

Activity: 434
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 30, 2018, 01:10:45 PM

When the bitcoin gets stable altcoins will move like anything. They too can dump more so it is also suggested to have them in parts.
kipozer

Activity: 490
Merit: 11

View Profile
September 30, 2018, 01:13:45 PM

It seems to me that this will not happen, because there must always be a project in relation to which any project will be considered, or rather, I’m talking about the value of this project, so I think this is a necessity
dress

Activity: 439
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 01, 2018, 07:21:23 AM

As we notice that almost all the altcoins follow the price of bitcoin . I'm just wondering when they will become independent and don't follow the bitcoin price?

That is also very important question for me . Because alts generally following btc's price always. we need to independency for altcoins. Whales keep manipulating the market.
As long as there is no regulator on the market, this situation will remain in any case. However, the market is so structured that coins with larger capitalization affect smaller coins.
adrianto1995

Activity: 714
Merit: 160

View Profile
October 01, 2018, 07:43:15 AM

As we notice that almost all the altcoins follow the price of bitcoin. I'm just wondering when they will become independent and don't follow the bitcoin price?

I don't think sure someday altcoins will don't follow the Bitcoin price, Bitcoin has already become major cryptocurrency. Almost all people around the world know and using Bitcoin.

Also, every cryptocurrency exchanger already set Bitcoin as the main pair to other cryptocurrencies...
jostorres

Activity: 2464
Merit: 585

View Profile
October 03, 2018, 10:35:55 AM

As we notice that almost all the altcoins follow the price of bitcoin . I'm just wondering when they will become independent and don't follow the bitcoin price?

All altcoin price are depending on bitcoin price no matter what, that is the only things that really happens in all coins in the market, when whales (bitcoin) move altcoins follows like they threat bitcoin as the leader. And to be an independent one, it is impossible to be.
What is actually lacking in the altcoin space now is just simply the fact that the altcoin market is all based on speculations and we definitely know that as long as there is no real life usage, the market is always bound to be easily manipulated.

Whales will always have a hand in the market when you see them strike, others follow, because the market on its own is driven at the moment in such way and it is the same people who drive the price up to this extent, being the same driving the price down, and until we start seeing real demand for them based on usage, it will keep on remaining that way.

.DuelbitsSPORTS.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████
▀▀███████████████████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄██
███▄█▀▄▄▀███▄█████
█████████████▀▀▀██
██▀ ▀██████████████████
███▄███████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER OF
ASTON VILLA FC
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
10%   CASHBACK   
          100%   MULTICHARGER   
btcluisdiki

Activity: 448

View Profile
October 03, 2018, 12:05:33 PM

i think that altcoin is not actually following the btc price in the current situation and most likely there are instances that altcoins sometimes were pulled up after btc goes up trend. This case is somehow not happening to all crypto currencies as they have there own individual market movement. But in general, BTC is usually the baseline in the crypto market where if btc is on uptrend market, usually majority of the crypto's goes up trend also.
Renu kapoor

Activity: 336

View Profile WWW
October 03, 2018, 05:29:05 PM

Cryoto market is based on exchange of coins and there is a medium of BTC, so in theis way it is the main coin of the market every transaction of the market is thru the btc, and for this there is no set regulation of exchange, people have to exchange their coins via btc stopping of this is not easy.

PTON PRE-SALE Live    █████████████     FORESTING     █████████████  PARTICIPATE NOW!
█████ next-generation social media service based on blockchain technology   ██████
 █ ██ █  ● Twitter ● Facebook ● Youtube ● Telegram [EN] ● Telegram [KOR] ● Medium  █ ██ █ 
itsik78

Activity: 462

View Profile
October 03, 2018, 05:39:07 PM

At short intervals, in young cryptocurrencies, the connection with the Bitcoin rate is high. As the popularity of altcoin increases, the connection weakens. Altcoins have the same behavior in relation to Bitcoin, in moments of significant news.
Kovaleff

Activity: 252
Merit: 3

View Profile
October 03, 2018, 05:54:00 PM

I believe that this will be after a large increase in Bitcoin.  Because everyone will earn on the growth of Bitcoin and start withdrawing money from Bitcoin and invest in altcoins.  Then there will be their growth
xWolfx

Activity: 322
Merit: 20

Donating 10% to charity

View Profile
October 03, 2018, 06:04:02 PM

When? I believe never. Some altcoins are really good due to some extra features they offer, but Bitcoin got the consumers preference first and that is something strong in the market. Coca-Cola vs Pepsi is a good example. Even when Cryptocurrency is not part of the regular market yet, they are still ruled by a good number of the laws economy and free market, because it's how the people who invest or utilize those products think.

Some in fact stop following sometimes, some coins also have a growth rate per year comparable to Bitcoin. However, they will probably be always behind in price. That's what i believe.
ci1990

Activity: 252
Merit: 11

🔰FERRUM NETWORK🔰

View Profile
October 03, 2018, 06:10:20 PM

I don't think this will happen soon.

BTC is the main set and altcoins are the subset of BTC. Thus I don't think it's possible in the near future..

arditiyan

Activity: 616

View Profile
October 03, 2018, 06:12:34 PM

I think there are no altcoins that are not tied to the price of bitcoin, because all of the exchange is providing a btc or ethereum pair or just btc and dollars, so it is very difficult for altcoins to escape the shadow of bitcoin

Litefoxx1698

Activity: 182

View Profile
October 03, 2018, 06:50:01 PM

I think when people stop mining bitcoin and it will be only for trading on the market. There will be place for "new bitcoin"  and the great chasing among coins will be very interesting

★━━━━━━★★  Z-POP DREAM  ★★━━━━━━★
/━/━━━//★ GROW TALENT CREATE STAR ★\\━━━\━\
WHITEPAPERWEBSITETELEGRAMTWITTERFACEBOOK
EducoinVietnam

Activity: 420

View Profile
October 23, 2018, 10:17:15 AM

Regulations about BTC that appeared recently may significantly change the situation. People will get that regulations make a difference so BTC and altcoins will separate ways.
Deallove9
Copper Member

Activity: 168
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 23, 2018, 10:39:22 AM

To my own understanding of how btc control the market has nothing to do with alts dip or pump, both are independent only that we have two ways in determine the price of alts which are $ n btc so the major concern should be in $ not btc value , we only seem to have dip in alts when btc move because all exchange paired alts with btc and not $ and once btc increase in it value the alts is tend to reduce in btc value but might nmbe same in $ value , this is what people don't look out for assuming btc is value at $10k and eth is value @$100 which is 0.01 to btc value and btc move to $12k which means that eth I tend to reduce in btc value but can still be same $100 in $, but will be 0.008333 in btc value so this is why people think btc control the market.
hdtqisg

Activity: 686
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 23, 2018, 10:47:19 AM

At present, most of the altcoin valuation of it through Bitcoin! This will significantly reduce if there are other transaction pairs, not related to bitcoin!
munareal

Activity: 644
Merit: 102

View Profile
October 23, 2018, 10:59:30 AM

Bitcoin price is the determining factor for other altcoins, their prices depend on its price. Another determining factor is the altcoins demand and supply.
3lyntmy

Activity: 154
Merit: 1

View Profile
October 23, 2018, 11:01:23 AM

for my opinion altcoin not follow btc price just trying hard to rise the price  Grin
paveel90

Activity: 255

View Profile
October 23, 2018, 12:05:57 PM

No, you are wrong. The market may follow BTC, but in most cases, there is huge gap between BTC growth and altcoin growth, so they do not even worth comparing.
MR_Klip

Activity: 210

View Profile
October 24, 2018, 12:08:56 PM

When the people will understand that not every coin is based on Bitcoin. For wide majority of people BTC is the only coin that worth attention.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: