Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 10:07:14 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: when altcoins stop following bitcoin price ?  (Read 1274 times)
r95222

Activity: 532
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 15, 2018, 06:27:31 PM

Imho never. They will get less correlation but BTC will lead it always. I wait for independence for ETH and other coins from TOP25. But today situation don't look promising. That's why when I trade I watch on the 2 charts - BTC and researching coin.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Wolfwar

Activity: 630
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 15, 2018, 06:53:22 PM

Imho never. They will get less correlation but BTC will lead it always. I wait for independence for ETH and other coins from TOP25. But today situation don't look promising. That's why when I trade I watch on the 2 charts - BTC and researching coin.
I would like cryptocurrency God to hear your words. I also hope for the independence of ethereum and that this particular coin will influence the cryptocurrency market, and not Bitcoin.
wojteks102

Activity: 616
Merit: 251

View Profile
November 15, 2018, 07:02:45 PM

Look at the Ripple and Stellar /BTC price charts, we probably found the bottom even bigger drop on Bitcoin price didn't affect XRP or XLM /BTC valuation. So maybe it is really a bottom at least for mid-term?
okala

Activity: 980
Merit: 114

View Profile
November 15, 2018, 08:11:14 PM

As we notice that almost all the altcoins follow the price of bitcoin . I'm just wondering when they will become independent and don't follow the bitcoin price?
That is the only time it can start to create it own part and work for all of us.  Many projects are far better than bitcoin but because it is a pioneer Cryptocoins that has become a leading coins but some times are coming that every coin are going to chart it own part and by then altcoins will stop following bitcoin.
mapanlah

Activity: 228

View Profile
November 15, 2018, 08:47:21 PM

As we notice that almost all the altcoins follow the price of bitcoin . I'm just wondering when they will become independent and don't follow the bitcoin price?
That is the only time it can start to create it own part and work for all of us.  Many projects are far better than bitcoin but because it is a pioneer Cryptocoins that has become a leading coins but some times are coming that every coin are going to chart it own part and by then altcoins will stop following bitcoin.
it won't work unless there is a mutual agreement between several altcoins to form a new conversion axis. Currently altcoin, especially the founder of BCH, still has the dominant BTC and can change price speculation in a short time. They will not stand alone because they are still following the same consensus development.
kickdapa

Activity: 627
Merit: 103

View Profile
November 16, 2018, 10:40:56 PM

I think it won't happen! The whole crypto market follows the bitcoin trend. Without bitcoin, all altcoins will fall down to end! Though altcoins can run without bitcoin, but that will be goldbrick.

Monetran

Activity: 97
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
November 17, 2018, 02:31:33 AM

I think it won't happen! The whole crypto market follows the bitcoin trend. Without bitcoin, all altcoins will fall down to end! Though altcoins can run without bitcoin, but that will be goldbrick.

And this, my friends, is a prime example of what a detrimental affect Bitcoin worship has on the brain.

Avoid it at all costs. Please.
wongdeso

Activity: 462

View Profile
November 17, 2018, 03:57:58 AM

I think this is very difficult for the Altcoins. Unless there is a strong enough Altcoins to beat Bitcoin and lead the coinmarketcap table. Probably not likely this will happen and the Altcoins will depend on Bitcoin.

Indeed it looks difficult if altcoin is not influenced by bitcoin, the main coin which until now still remains the parent of the coin. Only a creative development team might be able to change altcoin at a better price, the community might also be able to change it without seeing bitcoin.
jawakoak

Activity: 185
Merit: 1

View Profile
November 17, 2018, 04:16:36 AM

When altcoin marketcap more than bitcoin market cap, as long so many exchanger pairs have bitcoin i think altcoin still following bitcoin, i mean when bitcoin is useless than altcoin will be superior, when? thats a question worth billion dollars Grin
ginobitcoiner

Activity: 700
Merit: 101

BBOD Trading Platform

View Profile
November 17, 2018, 04:32:20 AM

all bitcoin can be exchanged for bitcoin, both based on ethereum, based on EOS and Stellar, therefore all altcoins will be affected by the price of bitcoin.

shoreno

Activity: 1750
Merit: 118

View Profile
November 17, 2018, 05:22:25 AM

I think this is very difficult for the Altcoins. Unless there is a strong enough Altcoins to beat Bitcoin and lead the coinmarketcap table. Probably not likely this will happen and the Altcoins will depend on Bitcoin.

Eth , bch and xrp are all strong altcoins and they are once close to beat bitcoin in terms of price but even if they succesfully de throne btc's value i dont think that altcoin will  follow them .  altcoin will only follow to bitcoin because btc is the base of all cryptos .

Btc might be the king but altcoins are still better i think in my opinion  because alts can be used on both investing and for paying/buying  . thats why altcoins are still more indemand even though you cant see that their value is increasing .
Rustamm

Activity: 532
Merit: 18

Bitcoin lover!

View Profile
November 17, 2018, 07:07:47 AM

Bitcoin will stop exerting price dominance over other types of cryptocurrency when its capitalization level drops to the level of other cryptocurrencies. Sooner or later, however it will happen anyway. Especially if it will not further develop and improve. However, due to the emergence of new perspective coins and tokens, it is inevitably vseravno. In the future, there will be several leaders at once who will periodically change each other in leadership. Apparently, then there will be no price dominance and the cryptocurrency in its price will develop freely and independently of other cryptocurrencies.
Maricurijohn

Activity: 294
Merit: 8

The Premier Digital Asset Management Ecosystem

View Profile
November 17, 2018, 08:18:20 AM

Currently, I think the value of BTC is increasing or decreasing as independent does not affect the overall altcoin in the market, because now there are too many poor quality they do not follow the rules as before

||   ICONIQ HOLDING   ||
The Premier Digital Asset Management Ecosystem, Powered by the ICNQ Token
readygoaw

Activity: 476
Merit: 105

View Profile
November 18, 2018, 08:11:02 AM

They will not stop doing it for many years more. Bitcoin will remain the most powerful cryptocurrency for long. I am not even sure that some crypto, better than BTC, will ever appear.
AlyattesLydia

Activity: 1400
Merit: 569

View Profile
November 18, 2018, 08:17:32 AM

I would like cryptocurrency God to hear your words. I also hope for the independence of ethereum and that this particular coin will influence the cryptocurrency market, and not Bitcoin.

It's the only coin ethereum that could break the cycle. Maybe after that, NEO joins them.

The ETH must take more responsibility to get out of this cycle. I trust Vitalik. Because before Ethereum, he's trying to develop blockchain technology.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10]  All
  Print  

Jump to: