Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 05:00:27 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Aside from cryptocurrency, blockchain is now also into digital immortality  (Read 269 times)
UconBit (OP)

Activity: 112
Merit: 2

View Profile
September 24, 2018, 02:32:51 PM

https://hackernoon.com/what-is-blockchain-immortality-3220bfa5cee1
Blockchain technology can help connect people more closely to the past. It is one thing for a person in the 23rd century to read about what life for was like in our century, and it is quite another to watch and hear their great-great-grandparents as they go about their lives. This experiential and personal way of learning history is far more likely to be remembered and internalized than the traditional study methods that use books and non-personalized films although traditional methods of learning history also remain important.

"People can create electronic tokens that contain personal items, such as photos, videos, or other messages that can be passed on to future generations."

I think this is a wonderful idea. Stories are passed through generation after generation, embellished or tainted depending on who is passing the story. If blockchain is used, the same story will be heard from the person him/herself.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You can see the statistics of your reports to moderators on the "Report to moderator" pages.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
SnowAugustine

Activity: 140
Merit: 5

View Profile
September 24, 2018, 03:43:25 PM

"People can create electronic tokens that contain personal items, such as photos, videos, or other messages that can be passed on to future generations."

I think this is a wonderful idea. Stories are passed through generation after generation, embellished or tainted depending on who is passing the story. If blockchain is used, the same story will be heard from the person him/herself.
This might actually be the best solution to keeping important and/or relevant information that people in the future would be needing. It could be as simple as how to plant a specific vegetable but would be necessary for living. Blockchain could provide the technology for preserving all information and well, as you say, make it immortal.
francishutch

Activity: 16
Merit: 3

View Profile
September 24, 2018, 04:36:01 PM

Within the next 50 years it is highly likely that we will have DNA storage technology, capable of holding an immortal blockchain with infinite data. 

At this point we could even start storing all of our existence in a way that could be ingrained in a newborns psyche, giving them a base to continually develop and learn from.

https://www.wired.com/story/the-rise-of-dna-data-storage/
Impulseboy

Activity: 196
Merit: 4

View Profile
September 24, 2018, 07:53:08 PM

I have just sort of started this topic over at Bitcoin Discussion, although I used a different link. I think that the blockchain technology can be used to achieve digital immortality through mind uploading, among others. But I think that our digitized minds can also be used to store our bitcoins and altcoins instead of using an e-wallet. What do you think?
goldSkylark

Activity: 126
Merit: 1

View Profile
October 12, 2018, 01:09:58 AM

I have just sort of started this topic over at Bitcoin Discussion, although I used a different link. I think that the blockchain technology can be used to achieve digital immortality through mind uploading, among others. But I think that our digitized minds can also be used to store our bitcoins and altcoins instead of using an e-wallet. What do you think?

If one’s existence is digitized, it only makes sense to have a digital currency as well. A digital existence would free us from all limitations and stresses brought about by the physical world, don’t you think?

Blanca_Gregory

Activity: 72
Merit: 2

View Profile
October 12, 2018, 03:06:21 AM

That's sweet, but don't you think that it will make us more vulnerable to hackers? If we digitized our minds and we store our cryptocurrencies in our head, then it will make us a walking target, right?
TECSHARE
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 3318
Merit: 1958

First Exclusion Ever

View Profile WWW
October 12, 2018, 05:47:15 AM

That's sweet, but don't you think that it will make us more vulnerable to hackers? If we digitized our minds and we store our cryptocurrencies in our head, then it will make us a walking target, right?

Yes and no. Transhumanism is a double edged sword... we might be gaining a lot but losing everything. We won't know until it is too late. As far as the pure security aspects of this, there are always lots of little security tricks you can use at any level of sophistication. The method changes but the principals stay the same.
The_Tick

Activity: 70

View Profile
October 12, 2018, 02:38:59 PM

This will greatly enhance human evolution and even just well-being in general. People want to know where they come from and future generations will finally be able to live out certain parts of their ancestors' lives. Current scientists and researchers will be able to collaborate with their predecessors. 

Blockchain enables continuous data storage and unchangeable information that cannot be falsified, which also make it possible to create a genuine digital reality jointly shared by everyone.

Anything that can happen will happen.
Green_Bulb

Activity: 261

View Profile
October 12, 2018, 04:40:41 PM

I`d be cautious with the word our. It will be just a digitized copy of our mind, we will not be able to transit our self-consciuosness to another electric 'body'. The same as with cloning here - this is not you, this is your copy.
Other than that, the mind in this case will be similar to a computer program - it can as have wallet features among others.
NgoLina

Activity: 60

View Profile
October 13, 2018, 08:28:11 AM

Digital immortality sounds great for data and medical and some others. Just imaging the vulnerability of mind uploading to digitalis the mind to store  cryptocurrencies in the head.  Something will happen in African countries. If you cant be hacked,you will be kidnapped for head-cryptocurrencing.
James_Cline

Activity: 85

View Profile
October 18, 2018, 01:54:47 AM

This is a fantastic way to preserve legacies –especially of those remarkable thinkers, artists and humanitarians.
The concept of immorality, sounds so appealing right now though. I think these advancements of blockchain is quite timely, because we are living in a difficult time right now. Political uncertainty, climate change, etc… It’s great there are technological advancements available to address these issues, don’t you think?
Dominic_Johnson

Activity: 79
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 18, 2018, 03:41:20 AM

I think this is a great option, however there are always going to be people worried about the component of hacking (me included) - we need to make sure the information is as safe as possible and only opened by those in whom it is designed for
primer61

Activity: 98

View Profile
October 20, 2018, 02:02:16 PM

I think this is a great option, however there are always going to be people worried about the component of hacking (me included) - we need to make sure the information is as safe as possible and only opened by those in whom it is designed for

Information can alreadty be sort of 'hacked'. For instance, there are at least two opposing points of view on different countries` contribution in the WWII.
Sadly, the victors write history - nowadays with the rise of fake news it is even more evident.
popcorn1
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1027

View Profile
October 21, 2018, 10:17:59 PM

Digital immorality like this below ?   I said be careful what you wish for ..

Two women have been arrested for their role in a home invasion that was precipitated by the opening of a Bitcoin account.

Officers have arrested two women for their alleged involvement in a home invasion in March in Killingly, Connecticut. According to officials, the invasion was due to a dispute involving a bitcoin account.

The victim is said to have opened a bitcoin account for one of the suspects, who was under investigation for narcotic sales and delivery through the postal system. No details are known about the other suspect. The victim seems to have recognized the suspects, one of whom she claims had pistol-whipped her in the head and utilized an electronic cattle prod on a second victim. The first victim was able to escape to a neighbor’s house. In the meantime, the suspects burglarized the home, taking money, cell phones, and a television.

Though this is not a crime involving money laundering, which cryptocurrency is often connected to, it does show that it can drive other types of crime – home theft. This is not the only non-money laundering crypto-related incident. Earlier this year, there had been a shooting in Miami where a bitcoin deal fell through.
darkangel11
Legendary

Activity: 2352
Merit: 1345

Defend Bitcoin and its PoW: bitcoincleanup.com

View Profile
October 22, 2018, 08:48:35 PM

Digital immorality like this below ?   I said be careful what you wish for ..

Two women have been arrested for their role in a home invasion that was precipitated by the opening of a Bitcoin account.

Officers have arrested two women for their alleged involvement in a home invasion in March in Killingly, Connecticut. According to officials, the invasion was due to a dispute involving a bitcoin account.

The victim is said to have opened a bitcoin account for one of the suspects, who was under investigation for narcotic sales and delivery through the postal system. No details are known about the other suspect. The victim seems to have recognized the suspects, one of whom she claims had pistol-whipped her in the head and utilized an electronic cattle prod on a second victim. The first victim was able to escape to a neighbor’s house. In the meantime, the suspects burglarized the home, taking money, cell phones, and a television.

Though this is not a crime involving money laundering, which cryptocurrency is often connected to, it does show that it can drive other types of crime – home theft. This is not the only non-money laundering crypto-related incident. Earlier this year, there had been a shooting in Miami where a bitcoin deal fell through.

Are you blaming Bitcoin for that? Let's sum up what we know: A woman came in contact with a drug dealer. The dealer convinced her to open an account for him in her name, in other words to act as a straw owner. Nobody would agree to do it for free, so she was getting paid to aid a criminal. They probably thought that if she knows so much about cryptocurrencies she's probably laundering for other people or herself and is holding money at home, so they paid her a visit. They even took the TV so they were a really dumb criminals of the worst sort. They knew she knows their faces, left her there to testify, didn't force her to give away her private keys, but took the TV, which all the neighbours must have seen them carry out.
A dumb girl who wanted to make money decided to play with a rabid dog and got the teeth. She should be happy they were too busy carrying out her phones and the TV to rape and kill her right there on the spot.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
FilesFM_Announcements
Copper Member

Activity: 224
Merit: 14

View Profile WWW
October 22, 2018, 09:38:11 PM

Yes and no. Transhumanism is a double edged sword... we might be gaining a lot but losing everything. We won't know until it is too late. As far as the pure security aspects of this, there are always lots of little security tricks you can use at any level of sophistication. The method changes but the principals stay the same.

I read somewhere once there will most likely be 3 types of humans eventually; the ones which adopt and embrace the new technology, ones which refuse to change and finally ones which will be a hybrid between our current state and some of the augmentations that  technology can bring. In this case I don't think we will never need to worry about it being too late... somebody will always remain analog.

files.fm library ✦ 
P2P File Catalog & Marketplace with AI and Blockchain Payments
WHITEPAPER ◉ ─────  Bounty ♦️  Bitcointalk ♦️  Telegram ♦️  Facebook ♦️  Medium ♦️  YouTube ♦️  Twitter ♦️  Reddit  ───── ◉ WHITELIST
Christopher_Hayes

Activity: 68
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 23, 2018, 03:34:02 PM

Still doesn't explain how blockchain fits digital immortality. Will the digitized minds run on it too? If so then that means everyone on who decided to be uploaded in the simulation can be viewed and accessible to public. How is that better?
Spendulus
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1386

View Profile
November 15, 2018, 03:22:58 PM

Minds have always been susceptible to hackers. Religious hackers, political hackers, viruses like the Communist diabetic. And don't forget Lady Gaga!
FunGate

Activity: 105
Merit: 4

View Profile
November 16, 2018, 08:12:39 PM

Minds have always been susceptible to hackers. Religious hackers, political hackers, viruses like the Communist diabetic. And don't forget Lady Gaga!

Spot on lol. All of our thoughts are decided by our environment and people in it because we are ultimately products of our environment, BUT people fight for our attention because it can be monetized. Theoretically, if our minds were digitized why would anyone want to hack the mind? It wouldn't be profitable because any and every experience would be free.
Spendulus
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1386

View Profile
November 17, 2018, 05:20:21 AM

....if our minds were digitized why would anyone want to hack the mind? It wouldn't be profitable because any and every experience would be free.

I do think digital consciousness is possible. Assume there are digital consciousnesses A, B, and C. There are a group of dead people with memories N(1...100). Since digital runs orders of magnitude faster than biological, isn't all you N.57 needs is a small time slice of A, B or C to think he's continued his life?

Can't there be multiple instances of N.57, even simultaneous?

I guess I don't even know what hacking would be in such an environment. What has been hacked, morphed, call it what you want, is the integrity of the original conscious being.

Now let's consider the effect of a blockchain on this scenario.

There can only be one entity, there can be no double entity ( no double spending right)? The entity can prove this to itself by tracing the blockchain showing himself the transition from human to digital.

I don't see why it would be needed to have a single discrete computer per ex-human. A blockchain could record each time slice used by a computer, so computer hardware sharing would be possible. Maybe that would be important if it was a hugely expensive computer.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: